KMeleonWiki > Documentation > Tutorials > KMPortable
Tutorial by desga2
How to make K-Meleon Portable.
You can find this old K-Meleon portable versions:
I don't think that a K-Meleon 1.5.x Portable version is needed.
You can convert standard K-Meleon 1.5.x in portable easilly.
- Go to K-Meleon Download page and download English (full package) 7zip package without installer, and 7z localization package (locales only) if you like it.
- Unzip 7z files in your USB memory device.
- Download or copy from your computer the needed libraries (msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll) to your K-Meleon folder in your USB memory device. (This files are included in K-Meleon with installer versions, you can extract files from installers exe with 7zip)
- Create a "profile.ini" file in your USB memory device K-Meleon folder.
- Now start K-Meleon from USB memory only and config; Cache, History, Cookies.
In cache, uncheck "cache files on disk" option, and set "cache files in memory" to 20 or 30 MB, optional: you can uncheck also "cache website icons on disk" option.
In history, set "Keep a list of all pages visited..." option to 0 (zero) days.
Set others privacy options as cookies and remember login data as you like it.
How to avoid xpcom_core.dll create an empty directory in %appdata% folder.