KMeleonWiki > Tutorials > TutorialSkinning > ChangeSkin
The following gives you a quick reference to how to go about changing to a newly downloaded skin or theme for K-Meleon.
- Skins are folders contained in your "C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\skins" folder.
- Skins are stored in zip format. You will need an archiver to unzip the skins/themes.
- Extract the files into "C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\skins".
- Open K-Meleon, go to Edit>Preferences>Display>Skin and select a skin from the list.
- Select "Show Toolbar Background". Click OK.
- Exit K-Meleon and loader if used. You will restart K-Meleon with you new skin.
- Some older skins from v0.7 may not show the background image. Rename the image to back.bmp for use in K-Meleon v0.9.