Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
[0.9beta4] (forced) reload problems
Posted by: ra
Date: December 29, 2004 02:43AM

Okay, I'm unsure whether that is a 0.9 beta (4) problem or a general one. But as "force reload" was not in 0.8.2 (which is gone from my system), it is a beta problem (too) anyway.

I'm currently (re)designing a webpage and so I'm using the reload button quite often. *g*

The problem is that K-M doesn't reload images in many cases, not even if I use force reload (again and again). It just doesn't notice that the file has changed (if I'm e.g. "physically" replacing an imagefile by another one with the same name).

Not even restarting K-M helps in many cases. I often have to completely empty the cache (and lately I have started to use the privacy plugin just for that reason), as that is the *only* thing that will help. It happened a few times with HTML (served by PHP) with CSS, too. But that was seldom in comparison to the image problem (doesn't matter if they are put into place by CSS or HTML directly or opened directly by view image). IE and Opera both notice the change, so it can't be my webservers (yeah, plural :-) ).

Has anyone noticed s.th. similar?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [0.9beta4] (forced) reload problems
Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 29, 2004 04:18AM

ID_NAV_FORCE_RELOAD was created for v0.8.2 but never included in the CFGs. Since it's inception most reports have been that it doesn't really work. I included it the betas to get more reports. So far the few reports have all been that it doesn't work.

Date: December 29, 2004 12:21PM

ID_NAV_FORCE_RELOAD was created for v0.8.2 but never included in the CFGs. Since it's inception most reports have been that it doesn't really work. I included it the betas to get more reports. So far the few reports have all been that it doesn't work.

Oh, okay, I wasn't aware of that. So, yeah, indeed, it doesn't work properly.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 29, 2004 03:12PM

jsnj - should we include this on the bugs page?

Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 29, 2004 10:01PM

jsnj - should we include this on the bugs page?

I don't remember Ulf referring to this as a 'won't fix' yet, so yeah.

Date: January 11, 2005 06:47PM

Fixed in RC2. Great!

With RC2 my original test case is now giving me the expected results (K-M still doesn't note the replaced image file on a reload but now it finally does on force reload).

If you want to try it yourself create a webpage with an image, load the page, replace the image file by e.g. an inverted image and hit reload. If K-M doesn't notice the change try reload again (shouldn't make a difference now how often you hit reload) and then force reload. With RC2 you'll get the changed image, with RC1 and below you probably won't.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.