General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
help me add a menu?
Posted by: techwatcher
Date: July 05, 2002 09:01AM

I just downloaded K-Meleon yesterday, and I love it. But, I think I'd like it even better if it had a menu bar. I know there are menu bars available, so how do I configure it to load them on starting? (Can't run any macros, since I have no Edit on a menu!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help me add a menu?
Posted by: po
Date: July 05, 2002 11:37AM

see: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#trouble2

or, in your prefs.js file, change the value of this pref:

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.rebarmenu.load", true);

to 'false'... do this after you completely EXIT k-meleon, or it won't take.

Date: July 05, 2002 03:41PM

Thanks for responding.

I followed both of those recommendations. Still have no menu bar, though. Had no trouble locating and updating the js file, but after I downloaded the MS updater, when I click it, it reports "This system does not need this update."

I should probably mention this is an NT machine, an old one, with IE 2.0 still on it. I don't want to update that. (It lets me check "degraded" CSS designs.)

I also have an old Netscape 4.0 on here. The slider thingie where the menu bar should be doesn't seem to work. Is it possible I've accidentally hidden the menu bar with the slider? How does one get rid of that, or manipulate it? That's probably not the problem, though, I just raised and lowered the URL field, and shoved the minimal toolbar icons to the right of that. There's just a blank space where a menu should be.

Any more ideas how I might be able to see a menu bar? Alt-F, etc., also does not work. Perhaps when I downloaded K-Meleon I didn't download the menu piece? Can I do a partial update?

TIA
Carol

Date: July 05, 2002 08:37PM

Hah! Found the problem: I was altering the default value in the js file, instead of within the profiles subdir. Thanks! Now I do have menus. This is a terrific browser. (-8

Posted by: po
Date: July 05, 2002 09:13PM

sorry... i should have been more specific... i was sleepy. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.