Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
styles update
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 16, 2009 01:05PM

new command 'live stylesheets' added. uses aardvark(ff addon) js..it's much more than just analysing css but seems appropriate to be within that macro instead of a new one for just one command.

from their website:"aardvark service helps you unravel the mystery behind web page design. click any paragraph, image, table or any other element of a web page to determine it’s HTML source, image dimensions and other properties. to quit the aardvark service, simply click the q key "

(filed under kmext> web development)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: styles update
Posted by: slayer
Date: December 16, 2009 11:10PM

For what could be this extension be useful? Can you please explain about it a little more?

Date: December 18, 2009 06:06AM

it's mostly for web developers or when trying to learn how the page was composed.. instead of digging inside the source code and trying to find how exactly an element was coded, you simply use this extension, click the element you want to probe and you can find the source code bit for it or the js used etc.. also useful when applying custom css and want to find out the name of layers, tables div and classes

Posted by: siria
Date: December 21, 2009 10:40PM

It's also great for BLOCKING ANY ANNOYING STUFF
Just visited here, on one of the mozilla-addons:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7066

And it just gets on my nerves that there's this little "Share with twitter/facebook/etc." pseudo-popup, that may or may not cover other stuff, no way to tell. Most of all, no way to close that cr*p, and I was suspecting a screenshots link in that area.

Screenshot:

Actually, that thing start out "open" by default, and stays that way if javascript is off, without a chance to close manually. If I enable js, it closes itself after a couple seconds, but I don't like at all having to "let down the shields" just for closing such stuff, on perhaps more dangerous sites than mozilla certainly not.
That "share" thing starts to be a real pest on more and more sites, often popping up on me just by accidentally hovering my mouse in the area.

Now, to block it on that mozilla page at least, hit the javascript button to allow it for a moment and then start the "styles" menu and open Arkvaard (Tools / Stylesheets / Live developer - I've added Arkvaard to the latter entry to not forget what it is). After a couple of seconds it reveals that this pseudo-popup has an own class name, yeah!! class: "share-networks"

Okay, so just added this line to the adblock-stylesheet and that thing is gone!!

.share-networks { display: none !important; }

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2009 10:59PM by siria.

Date: December 24, 2009 03:33PM

update:a css colourise for quick preview or manipulation of website colours on the fly
(menu>tools>styles>css colouriser)

Date: December 25, 2009 09:07AM

update: xray document, similar to live developer but displays extra elemnts like size in px

Posted by: siria
Date: December 25, 2009 12:01PM

Whow, very cool again! :cool:

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.