Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
JS for a tab
Posted by: jar
Date: November 18, 2009 10:09AM

Hello, in Macro extension options there is "reload" (allows to continuously reload pages). Does it mean- if I uncheck this- that no tab will reload without hitting F5? Or what does this "reload" stands for?

And second question- it is a chance to allow Java Script only for one tab?

Put together: If I have f. e. 6 tabs open and one of these needs JS and I allow it- with uncheck "reload" in Macro ex.- and I reload a page= I have JS allowed only for this concrete tab or it is still allowed for all opened tabs?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JS for a tab
Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 18, 2009 08:04PM

which extension is that?

i don't know if you can allow js for a particular tab only..probably not, but you can use the policy manager extension to enable js for some websites and disable js for all other websities by creating security zones(like in internet explorer)..this is useful when you prefer to have js disabled but visit some sites frequently that require js

policy manager can be downloaded from:
kmext.sf.net
click on the privacy and ecurity link in there and look for policy manager

Posted by: jsnj
Date: November 18, 2009 09:56PM

jar
Hello, in Macro extension options there is "reload" (allows to continuously reload pages). Does it mean- if I uncheck this- that no tab will reload without hitting F5? Or what does this "reload" stands for?

When you right-click the reload button you'll see an option "Continuous Reload" that allows you to reload a page automatically at set intervals. Unchecking that macro module will NOT disable the regular reload feature in KM accessible from the F5 key etc...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 09:59PM by jsnj.

Date: November 19, 2009 08:14AM

OK, I am just curious. I have really bad internet connection and need mostly just text. Still sometimes JS is needed. I wanted know if allowing JS (or Images) for one tab means that it is allowed for all tabs. But I could easily try it. And it looks like If I do not reload the concrete tab no change takes a place.

I will try the policy manager.

Thank you both.

Date: November 19, 2009 08:39AM

It looks like build- in policy panel in K-m is superior to Policies manager. If I have JS blocked on policy panel and have in Policies manager a page in white list it is still blocked.

Date: November 19, 2009 08:41AM

"it is still blocked"- I mean this page in white list..

Date: November 19, 2009 08:23PM

no no, there shouldn't be a problem between policy manager and km's own js config..they both use/read same prefs to avoid conflicts.. make sure to create a new zone and enable javascript for this zone inside policy manager settings itself

please check this link for tutorial:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,91203,92071

Date: November 20, 2009 12:33AM

Maybe I did something wrong. Thank you for the link I will check it in the morning, now I am too tired.

I created new profile before and there I enabled Java Script for my testing site: youtube. Then I blocked Java Script in policy panel. I thought that with this settings all sites but youtube would have Java script blocked. But it is blocked even for this youtube..

I had quite similar problem with images. I mostly do not need images to be load so I blocked images on privacy panel and in tools- privacy- permissions- images options I whitelisted some pages. Some pages rightly load images, but some of them do not..

Still this is not a major problem and I enjoy working with K- meleon (A bit of praise in here doesn´t hurt, does it?)

Date: November 20, 2009 12:48AM

Now I remembered something. Maybe that is the problem. That zip file with policies manager contains of three files. Where exactly shall I copy them? Or shall I just unzip them within k-meleon folder?

I did put chrome files in chrome folder, kmm part in my kmm (user- defined macros) folder and the third part I just copy it to k-meleon folder ´cause I didn´t know what with that..

Is it possible this is the problem?

Date: November 20, 2009 11:41AM

With images- my mistake. In image properties on a concrete page I can see that some images are actually taken from a different site. So if I have images disabled and some pages are whitelisted the images still won´t load unless I find source page/ site and whitelist it.

Date: November 21, 2009 12:47AM

oh that's easy..just go to km prefs>browsing>images and select from originating sites only..or use the exceptions button to prevent specific sites to load their images by entering their url

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.