Extensions :  K-Meleon Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
translate macro (g update)
Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 14, 2009 10:55AM

update to include the latest languages supported by google shown in the snapshot below:

the update adds 2 new language groups:
african and minorities
to keep the translation menu as compact as possible with the new additions; the keyboard accelerators have been removed for that menu

download and save in macros folder, replace original 'translate.kmm'
http://kmext.sf.net/macros/translate.kmm

update::google text trans update to fix stupid google bug: dropdown language pair boxes not complying to the language pair strings

new string:
translate.google.com/translate_t#<from>|<to>|<txt>

to make km use new string in pref..you must:
1-restart km
2-select babelfish translation from using submenu
3-select back google translate
or
select babel, restart and then select google

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 01:48PM by disrupted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: translate macro (g update)
Posted by: siria
Date: November 14, 2009 08:21PM

Great, Thanks! grinning smiley

Before I didnt even notice it's buggy, there's already the fix, cool!
And I may not really need african languages etc., but the checkmarks now match again the chosen languages, yeah smiling smiley

Date: November 15, 2009 03:22AM

it's not really a bug but it annoys me..the new string doesn't work everytime. google decided that if you translate text externally instead of using their actual translate form and button..they will display most used languages for that domain in their to and from dropdown boxes regardless of the language pairs that are actually used for the translation

for e.g: translating from italian to english, the translation is correct using the proper pairs: it>en but the boxes display spanish >english

the pairs differ according to what google has decided as the most used translation pairs for this language, example using translate.google.de.. using string italian to english but the dropboxes display english to german

another example using greek google.gr, translation pairs are italian to english but boxes use english to greek

i think this is dumb and the dropdown boxes should show the right langpairs used in the string but i can't find any way around it..maybe i'll just make a css to hide the dropdown boxes altogether mad smiley

Date: November 20, 2009 03:33AM

please redownload the macro because there was a bug in ;to language' menu..it's fixed now..also goodle has overhauled their translation website and now all dropdown boxes display the proper languages with the new string

Posted by: Matt
Date: November 25, 2009 11:50PM

Well, from my observation and tests the old/original translate.kmm works (no problems with language pair boxes, etc.) so I'm gonna stick with it.

Date: November 26, 2009 05:58AM

yes, after google has fixed it, old ranslate string should work without problems.. the main difference is the updated macro supports languages that aren;t inculded in the older macro... for many who won't be needing those new languages, it isn't really necessarily to update..especially that new macro has an extended menu which can be confusing..that's why for my translate; i created a new gropu called it 'commons' with only the languages i might encounter frequently or need to translate words i don't understand (very helpful in learning).. the menu doesn't have any separators so it's compact and tidy and yet i can always activate any language that's not in the 'commons "group if the need arises

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.