Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Images blocking ? :s
Posted by: MSlayer
Date: November 07, 2009 10:28PM

Hello,
I am in the need of blocking big images (in Mcool smiley. Can that be done with a macro? Or maybe some CSS?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Images blocking ? :s
Posted by: siria
Date: November 07, 2009 11:15PM

:cool: Look here: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,96464

So far the only compromise seems to add certain image domains to the black/whitelist (exceptions), same way as cookies.
For finer tuning use the user-stylesheet or adblock-stylesheet (which has already tons of examples, and needs no restart after changes, and can be toggled on-off, but not sure if it doesnt download first and hide then?)
Or set the default for all images to load from the originating website only (F2/Page Display/images). The latter could easily be added as a third toggle option to the image button on the privbar, by adding ",3" in the main.kmm

What I wonder is, if there'd be a way to perhaps just stop loading images after a certain size, so that only the first part of the big ones might be shown...?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 11:27PM by siria.

Posted by: MSlayer
Date: November 08, 2009 08:06PM

Ha ha. I overlooked your post, I wanted to do exactly the same thing. Blocking those big images that some people like to show. I have seen GIF images of 14MB, usually in sports forums, and also really annoying signatures.
Thanks for your help.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 09, 2009 03:48PM

annonying signatures? what do you mean by annoying signatures??

Posted by: siria
Date: November 09, 2009 05:17PM

grinning smiley I bet he means signature banners, that in some forums are quite usual under every post of a member. Sometimes even two in a row, so that they fill nearly all the screen, and if you're lucky, they are even animated gifs - at any rate way too huge for someone on a modem. E.g. in fan-forums, very nice and artistic but huge banners with the star on it ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 05:21PM by siria.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 09, 2009 09:35PM

2 row signature! this must be quite lovely :d

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.