Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Simple Mail
Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 19, 2009 03:14PM

I've talked about this before, if not about this particular extension port. I've always wanted an extension for K-Meleon that did Email. This one, for FireFox, is one that would be nice to be ported over, if possible. Or????

Simple Mail.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5593

Tks.

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Simple Mail
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 19, 2009 03:29PM

Firefox GRE has the same mail components as Thunderbird! Only the Xul is missing.

I do not think that the extension can be currently ported.

Reason:

We do not build mail components.

ac_add_options --disable-mailnews // that is quoted from the official .mozconfig.

After the SeaMonkey GRE is build another ca. 1 MB component files are deleted.

You could run K-Meleon from a non static Firefox or Tbird GRE. I have not tested that combination for bugs but I did enough to know it lets You surf.

Maybe the extension would work in that surrounding, but that deal would buy You the whole big GRE.

The Xulrunner environment of GRE 1.9 will provide an identical GRE for all apps.
Maybe when we move there. But I doubt I want to use that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 03:44PM by guenter.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: October 19, 2009 03:41PM

I have tried there is a long time, but with no success.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: October 19, 2009 10:23PM

JujuLand
I have tried there is a long time, but with no success.

A+

Alain,

Yes, that's right. I had forgotten your post on the subject way back when. Too bad. It's not that I can't run my email client (Foxmail) and my notifier (Popcorn) on hotkeys and on icons inside K-Meleon, it's just that I would rather use a K-Meleon macro port of some kind if such a thing exists or is possible. (I like to keep everything in house if at all possible, as it reflects well on the capabilities of the browser imo.)

Tks again.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 10:23PM by ndebord.

Date: October 19, 2009 10:25PM

Guenter,

Thanks. I had thought of trying FireFox or Thunderbird versions, but figured that as you say, they wouldn't properly work. If it wont' work with KM or SM, it would be too esoteric and not really a KM kind of thing. Still looking though. <weak smile>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.