Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Request addons/help :$
Posted by: dezi
Date: April 04, 2015 12:02AM

Hello, i am quite new to this browser but really like it, i would like to use the following extensions:
disconnect (disconnect.me)
privacy badger
adblock (i manahed to install adblock plus so that's not necessary)

thanks for all the help for a newbie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Request addons/help :$
Posted by: guenter
Date: April 04, 2015 03:53PM

dezi
Hello, i am quite new to this browser but really like it, i would like to use the following extensions:
disconnect (disconnect.me)
privacy badger

Szervusz dezi!

1.) Disconnect. It installs but the trackers cannot be shown in the toolbars. K-Meleon is no Firefox clone anything that needs contact to Firfox toolbars or GUI cannot work. I assume the addon itself works because no error is shown in the error console.

2.) privacy badger. Needs faking browser version or You suppress compatibility checking with Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/checkcompatibility/.

Else it is deactivated because min and max version in default\Extensions\jid1-MnnxcxisBPnSXQ@jetpack.xpi\install.rdf are wrong. You can edit them to work.
minVersion and maxVersion must be altered to 24 and 31 respectively for km 74 & 75.

<!-- Firefox -->
<em:targetApplication>
<Description>
<em:id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</em:id>
<em:minVersion>26.0</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>30.0</em:maxVersion>

</Description>
</em:targetApplication>

Options are accessible via about:addons and throw no errors in the console.
Means they and the addon probably work. Again nothing can show if it needs Firefox GUI - so no tracker counter IMHO.

Greetings from Germany

p.s. Blue Hell Firewall also mostly works and is less resource hungry than adblock plus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2015 04:12PM by guenter.

Re: Request addons/help :$
Posted by: dezi
Date: April 07, 2015 05:36PM

Thank you the answer, sadly i was unable to make them install/work.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.