Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Adblock Plus Version 2.6.7 for 75b3
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 16, 2015 11:31AM

Adblock Plus 2.6.7 package for K-Meleon 74 and higher.

Locales restricted to existing K-Meleon locale versions.
Needed to meet the size limit to be able to upload here.

Archive Structure and Content:

./browser/extensions/{d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi install.rdf hacked to work with GRE 24 - 38 (the original leaves 74's 24 GRE out as incompatible).

./macros/AdBlockPlus7.kmm Button macro by siria based on prior work by naruman. http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,128836,132172#msg-132172

./skins/default/adblockplus.bmp Button that when depressed indicates that ABP is active. For 74 it also changes to a red pic instead of a grey pic when active.

Download. Extract here in K-Meleon install folder.
Should work if I made no dumb mistakes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 05:29AM by guenter.

Attachments: ABP2.6.7.7z (441.3 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adblock Plus Version 2.6.7 for 75b3
Posted by: siria
Date: February 17, 2015 07:55PM

Macro new version :cool:
- Has now a user option to keep the button pressed or not while active.
- Shows correct active image (red) in all KM versions incl. KM75beta3 (workaround).
- Added a menu link to this forum thread.

Replaced in the attachment below with version-6, same functions with a bugfix (ignore next posts, this is the newest file from below)
Installation:
Install guenters extensions above (first post), then overwrite its outdated kmm-file with this one, in your macros folder.

Newest version-7 (2015-05-09):
See rodocops screenshot below. Basically same functions as still attached v6, but fixed a prob with button display in KM75 if switching the press-mode in mid session on-off.
And if anyone prefers to have that "Live Block" command on the button instead of the On-Off-Toggle, that's prepared now, just remove the comment text "# button alternative: "

v7, only kmm-file: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?9,file=1125,filename=AdBlockPlus7.kmm
Rodocop fixed another prob in the addon-package, to get the newest full package download it from his posts below (this kmm is already included there too)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 07:56AM by siria.

Attachments: adblockplus7_screen.png (11.3 KB)   AdBlockPlus7.kmm (5.7 KB)  
Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 17, 2015 07:40AM

siria & guenter,

thank you for all you do.

One question: 'Live block items on this page' doesn't work for me - saying that page 'about:adblockplus' cannot be found. Is there way to fix this? I remember that naruman's 74+1 had this working.

siria,
you current button doesn't show red for me on 75b3u3 but that one does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2015 07:40AM by rodocop.

Date: March 17, 2015 09:49AM

Uh oh... the button-fix itself is easy, and had not noticed it because I had already removed the workaround in my personal kmm. Try the attached version5.

But good you noticed it now. That means there's still an icon bug in KM sad smiley And it wouldn't have shown up without that unusual workaround. Which still should have worked fine without bugs, so had not bothered to update it.

=> the traditional command setbuttonimage for COLD icon changes ALL pics now, incl. the hot one.

Changing the HOT icon works fine, affecting really only the hot one.

Edit:
- Perhaps that was already fixed in 75RC? No idea.
- Removed attached version5 macro. See newest version6 above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2015 11:14AM by siria.

Date: March 17, 2015 06:20PM

rodocop
you current button doesn't show red for me on 75b3u3 but that one does.

Then again... why b3? Does version4 work in RC?
(am waiting for a zip to test)

Date: March 18, 2015 01:51AM

The prob is I can't test the ABP-functions myself, only the GUI stuff.

Here's a version6, the only diff to v5 is that the items-page (about:...) opens in the same tab, not a new one. Perhaps that's what broke it?

Attachments: AdBlockPlus7.kmm (5.7 KB)  
Date: March 18, 2015 10:46AM

This one works fine in both b3u3 and RC. Thank you!

Date: April 08, 2015 06:06PM

I've done some job to make an item 'Live block items on this page' working (that wasn't).

I've collected all the needed stuff from naruman's '+1'-build and upgraded current browser\omni.ja.

So just download and overwrite existent one with more powerfulgrinning smiley

Passed tests in 75b3u3, 75RC and RC2.

Attention! Non-english locales need to be updated with 2 files:
yourlocale\.jar:\browser\browser.dtd and browser.properties
taken from corresponding Firefox 31 ESR.

Check this entity presense:
<!ENTITY navbarCmd.accesskey "N">

if not present - add this line!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 06:52PM by rodocop.

Date: April 09, 2015 11:21AM

siria,

I want to report one more bug found in macro: if one toggles "Keep button pressed" off and then back on - the button starts to show only cold state (and difference is only whether it is shown 'pressed' or not).

Or you can switch it off again - than button doesn't show pressed state while changes itself from 'cold' to 'hot' state.

Well, I'm attaching here slightly edited macro - with new macroinfo strings (made clear for users and ready for localizers). Your old macroinfo strings useful for developers are just commented out but are left in place.

Also I'm posting my kmadblockplus.kml file for ru-locale as quick ready sample for other localizers. It's based on the attached version of kmm.

Attachments: AdBlockPlus7.kmm (6.1 KB)   kmadblockplus.kml (2.1 KB)  
Adblock Plus Version 2.6.9 for 75RC
Date: April 09, 2015 11:35AM

And the full ABP extension package for non-adblocked instances of KM75 you can download here.

It contains:
  • ABP 2.6.9 xpi
  • some needed default preferences
  • 'lightweight' filter set for AdBlockPlus - will appear in every new profile. But for an existent profiles you can download it separately
  • Edited macro AdBlockPlus7.kmm
  • xpinstallext.kmm by JamesD for quick toggle of FF-addons installation possibility
  • ru-locale update (2 extensions kml files and updated jar-file)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 06:56AM by rodocop.

Re: Adblock Plus Version 2.6.9 for 75RC
Posted by: Dorian
Date: April 09, 2015 04:30PM

Nice work but your package is a mix of 74 and 75: kmLoginManager and kmAddon are not needed since they're inside kmHelper. And if you want to use your own addon manager (kmAddonManager), you may want to disable the addons event observer in kmHelper.

Can you tell me for what nsBrowserGlue.js is needed?

Re: Adblock Plus Version 2.6.9 for 75RC
Date: April 09, 2015 07:07PM

Some unneeded files could be left here, sure. As I defined needed components by try&error and wasn't able reverse analyze it precisely enough sad smiley

I shell clean package from unnecessary files with your help.

What about nsBrowserGlue - it seemed like this was used by 'KMeleonPrint' or 'newtab' features from the same naruman's build which I was trying to adapt along with AdBlockPlus but with no luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 07:07PM by rodocop.

Date: April 09, 2015 09:47PM

Thanks rodo for all your hard work smiling smiley
Had overlooked the translation of tooltips, not being used at all to need that due to lack of users. Just one little glitch now, one of the old macroinfo lines isn't commented out yet. And wonder if the word "GUI" couldn't be replaced by something less techy, perhaps "show bar"... but not sure. (Yes, mine was far more techy yet grinning smiley)

rodocop
if one toggles "Keep button pressed" off and then back on - the button starts to show only cold state (and difference is only whether it is shown 'pressed' or not).

Ah wait - a dim memory returns... could it be that KM75 can only set ALL pics with the old "SetButtonImage", not just the cold or hot one...? Must test again...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 09:51PM by siria.

Date: April 10, 2015 12:01AM

siria
Ah wait - a dim memory returns... could it be that KM75 can only set ALL pics with the old "SetButtonImage", not just the cold or hot one...? Must test again...

Yes, still a bug sad smiley

Have used the "new" commands now, they require setting all images always too, no chance to change only "cold" etc., but seem to work. Have still left the old version in it too, together with a KM version check, in case this macro could be used in KM74 too, don't know.
But especially for such cases, changing the cold pic only, the old commands are really handier.

While at it, have prepared a more flexible button command, in case anyone would prefer other actions like e.g. this "Live block" thing. So far only as a variable near the beginning with a #, will work when removing it. Could be made a menu option too if it's not too much clutter ;-)

New test version attached:

Attachments: AdBlockPlus7.kmm (6.8 KB)  
Date: April 10, 2015 05:02AM

One more question for all devs of kmm:

there is call for some 'KMcomposer.xul' but I wasn't able to find it - not in naruman work, neither in other stuff.

What is it - does anyone know? Or we should change it to native ABPs 'composer.xul'?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 05:03AM by rodocop.

Date: April 10, 2015 06:29AM

Now it's OK with button, siria.

Thank you very much!

I've updated the link to the full ABP package - with new kmm and cleaned from redundant files.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 06:57AM by rodocop.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: April 11, 2015 10:23PM

siria
siria

Yes, still a bug sad smiley

Any test case?
I though it was fixed

Date: April 11, 2015 10:47PM

Yeah had forgotten it myself meanwhile too, but the fix was only to set the "cold" image correctly, that works.
The side-effect is that "cold" also lands now on "hot"! This is with the old commands.
Testcase is ABP version-6, still attached in second post above.

The "new" macro-command works as it should, but looks like by design it needs now always ALL states set, at least for horizontal pics, and if a cold button shall still show the hot pic. Find that a bit unhandy for THIS admittedly slightly outlandish case ;-)

From above, March-17:
siria
the traditional command setbuttonimage for COLD icon changes ALL pics now, incl. the hot one.
Changing the HOT icon works fine, affecting really only the hot one.

The last days I had forgotten this, or would rather have added just another "hot" pic instead of a cumbersome version-check workaround in macro version-7.

Posted by: goldie
Date: April 20, 2015 02:18AM

Hi,
is the file (http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?9,file=1045,filename=ABP2.6.7.7z) in the first post latest and greatest version or do users have to read all the posts in the thread and download multiple files and patch them together to get the fully working and latest version?

Date: April 20, 2015 07:22AM

You have a point grinning smiley
The latest and greatest as of TODAY is this one:
rodocop
I've updated the link to the full ABP package - with new kmm and cleaned from redundant files.

But it would sure be handier to have the first post updated, without needing external hosting sites. And this thing keeps getting improved little by little... Check back occasionally ;-)

PS @rodocop: this is extensions forum, you can attach it directly here! Don't know if the max size still fits, but personally I'd rather have it split in 2 parts than having to allow JS on external sites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 07:35AM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 20, 2015 05:45PM

siria

PS @rodocop: this is extensions forum, you can attach it directly here!

Yes.

But ABP does not fit the max upload size unless You delete all language packs except those where a locale K-Meleon version exists.

That would be done in

\browser\extensions\{d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi\chrome\locale\

After deleting unused/unneeded languages ABP has about 500 kb when packed as 7z.

I prepared my old ABP upload the same way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 05:57PM by guenter.

Posted by: goldie
Date: April 20, 2015 10:54PM

Muchas gracias, mucho better.. smiling smiley

Date: April 21, 2015 08:20PM

sorry, guenter,
but my ABP is already cut down about extra langs (I've used your method but leave 2-3 extra langs in comparison with current KM standard kit).

The reason of oversize is the new modified omni.ja included in package (as I had no luck in adding ABP full features without it).

My omni.ja is much smaller than original (good compression factor) but it still too big and thus full package oversizes.

goldie,
¡VAMOS! :cool:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 08:23PM by rodocop.

Date: April 27, 2015 07:01PM

I've updated ABP package and now it adds not only AdBlock itself but also PageInfo feature

(thanks to JamesD and his job done)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2015 07:09PM by rodocop.

Date: July 01, 2015 10:27PM

AdBlock Plus updated for 75-release.

!!! Please redownload if you have already added it to 75.0 by the link from previous message

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2015 10:28PM by rodocop.

Posted by: WASI
Date: July 09, 2015 08:43PM

The real strange thing for me is that all the updates are linked to mega.co.nz, and that is the site my KM 1.6b cant download because its OUTDATED browser, no matter what user agent I use.
It must be realized that many user are still using 1.6 and before installing they want to assure that some necessary extensions / addons are available for a test.
If the attachment size here is limited, then you could simply archive the package in 2 or 3 multipart-archive and post it in 2 or 3 posts. that would be a lot easier for KM users like me.
I have a question, too. I downloaded KM74 long ago and tested it but I am not using it, just because ABP doesn't have the option "Open Blockable items" that I use most to add unwanted sites in my host file and/or in ExExPermission.
Is this option available in this new ABP?

Date: July 09, 2015 09:12PM

Yeah I too have probs with external downloads and would MUCH prefer 2-3 chopped attachments directly in the forum.
That said it looks like this version of ABP only works in KM7x or 75.

Have you noticed the screenshot, when you scroll higher here? It shows the full menu and all entries.

Date: July 09, 2015 10:52PM

Yes, this AdBlock has page item blocking working.

And yes, this download is non-sense for KM 1.x. It works in 75 only

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: August 05, 2015 11:24PM

rodocop
AdBlock Plus updated for 75-release.

!!! Please redownload if you have already added it to 75.0 by the link from previous message

please update Adblock Plus for K-meleon again, rodocop.
Adblock Plus 2.6.10 for Firefox was released 8 days ago.
https://adblockplus.org/releases/adblock-plus-2610-for-firefox-released

Date: August 06, 2015 12:24AM

I'll do it sure, but you still can avoid waiting - just download the new XPI-file, [*optionally - get inside it and delete unneeded locales to shrink the size*] and replace existing {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi in my old archive (under browser\extensions) with new one, keeping that 'long codename' for it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2015 12:26AM by rodocop.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.