Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Policy Manager
Posted by: MXB
Date: June 08, 2011 08:30PM

Any docs for this? Can you allow sites xxxxx.yyy and it allows zzz.xxxxx.yyy with zzz varying? (Sorry forgot the proper terminology - brain is full)

--
P2 400 MHz, 128 MB, Win 98 SE

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Policy Manager
Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 08, 2011 09:52PM

It is pretty much just the form www.xxx.com or www.yyy.edu or www.zzz.gov etc. The only varying part is any stuff after the / which might follow the com, edu or gov etc.

Posted by: siria
Date: June 08, 2011 10:18PM

Well, am not using it due to policy-default-blocked-javascript was also blocking many native KM commands at the time I tried (unlike the privacy-blocked-javascript), but if I read others right, Policy Manager is based on that gecko policies system:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Hostperm.1

and that says that blocking a domain (example.com) means to block all subdomains (xyz.example.com). It's also possible to block just one single subdomain. And guess the same goes for white-listing sites.

Wasn't the policies manager presented in more detail in the forum some time? The extensions subforum is rather young yet, and older stuff wasn't all moved there, so recommended to search in whole forum...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 10:21PM by siria.

Date: June 09, 2011 08:00PM

Just some information on how I use Policy Manager. I find that I need to change the default policy regarding Javascript quite often. I created a macro to allow me to do that from a button. See this thread for more information: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,113221,113782#msg-113782

Now I have whitelists and blacklists and a quick way to change the default. In order to get around the problem that some of KM's items like "send page as a link" under "Mail" need injectJS, I have added some code to check the policy manager default. See this thread to find where I got the idea: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,116553,116563#msg-116563

This is the code that I changed in Main.kmm. I will likely change every instance of injectJS just to make everything automatic.
JS_hndlTop{
# Same as JS_hndlDoc, but only for the topmost frame (to avoid cross site scripting).
$FlipFlip = false;
getpref( STRING, "capability.policy.default.javascript.enabled")=="noAccess" ? $FlipFlip=true : 0 ; 
$FlipFlip == true ? togglepref( STRING, "capability.policy.default.javascript.enabled", "noAccess", "allAccess") : 0;
injectJS("(function(){".$JS_func.$_JS_urlencode."with(document){".$JS_doit."}".$JS_last."})()");
$FlipFlip == true ? togglepref( STRING, "capability.policy.default.javascript.enabled", "noAccess", "allAccess") : 0;
$JS_doit=""; $JS_func=""; $JS_last=""; $JS_fail="";
}

Date: June 19, 2011 03:49AM

I block everything by default (and as I recently learned even that isn't good enough) and want to allow for example google.ca which allows groups.google.ca and images.google.ca

Or do they need to all be entered?

--

Date: June 19, 2011 12:19PM

@ MXB

I think you must put both items - groups.google.ca and images.google.ca

Date: June 19, 2011 04:20PM

Thanks for the info. Rats that's a pain though. sad smiley

--

Date: June 19, 2011 09:19PM

Try testing instead of riddling, only way to figure it out for sure ;-)

Date: June 21, 2011 01:53AM

Re: Testing

True enough.

--

Date: June 21, 2011 06:36PM

MXB
Any docs for this? Can you allow sites xxxxx.yyy and it allows zzz.xxxxx.yyy with zzz varying? (Sorry forgot the proper terminology - brain is full)

Someone digged up the original thread for this extension, here's the link:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,91203

Date: June 25, 2011 12:35AM

siria
MXB

Someone digged up the original thread for this extension, here's the link:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,91203

Thank you, it appears that it's something that still needs work. Oh well, I guess K-M for quality sites and use FF/NoScript for junk like facebook/yahoo, etc. ;-) Perhaps I put up a post it on my monitor so I remember which browser to use where! 9-b

--

Date: July 10, 2011 12:48AM

I gave up on PM and uninstalled it.

--

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.