Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Cookie Culler / Cookie Keeper
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 12, 2014 10:09PM

Since CookieCuller is not developed any more another project took up.

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/cookiekeeper/

It can be installed with the same procedure as CookieCuller.

Compare this thread: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,126206,128825#msg-128825

Bookmark the URL: chrome://cookiekeeper/content/cookiekeeper.xul to call it without macro or adapt the cookieculler macro if possible and desired.
Calling up the prefences via about:addons does not get You far enough.
BTW. about:addons can be bookmarked too if You use it regularily.

With a recent update for 74 RC2 another possible install location for extensions has been activated by Dorian in ./browser/extensions/.

Dorian
Posted by: Dorian (jof81-1-82-245-64-49.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: September 10, 2014 11:17PM

I'm testing a way to run macros from a xpi. With this update, if there is a load.kmm inside the extension, it will try to run it.

Unzip browser/omni.ja then unzip newsfox_test.zip in kmeleon folder. You should get the menu item for newsfox without macros/newsfox.kmm

This is a temporary solution. We could also run a specific js inside the xpi (like kmeleon.js), which could make use of jsbridge and setmenu. But this will be also possible to do it with bootstrap.js in a later version (not in this release).

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?8,file=847,filename=newsfox_test.zip

Do not forget to repack (like me) the changed files in components to the omni.ja.

I installed BluHell there - so this location seems to works for other extensions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cookie Culler / Cookie Keeper
Posted by: George Hall
Date: September 12, 2014 10:43PM

K-Meleon 74.)RC2 can have extensions in browser\extensions without the newsfox test.

The newsfox test is about loading macros inside the xpi extensions.

THe extensions folder can be located in the browser folder and inside you default profile wihth K-Meleon 74.0RC2 without any update outside.

Re: Cookie Culler / Cookie Keeper
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 13, 2014 07:23PM

George Hall
K-Meleon 74.)RC2 can have extensions in browser\extensions without the newsfox test.

The newsfox test is about loading macros inside the xpi extensions.

Thank You for clearifying. I do not know since when it was activated.

That location is for installing extenions for all users of the browser.

George Hall
THe extensions folder can be located in the browser folder and inside you default profile wihth K-Meleon 74.0RC2 without any update outside.

I had not noticed that ./browser/extensions was possible since at least 74.b4!
Thank You for pointing that out.

Inside default profile aka ./browser/defaults/profile/extensions... (just in case You mean another location) is for installing into each newly generated profile.

It has IMHO (I tested) no other effect and is itself no possible install location recoginzed as such by the K-Meleon 74 browser.

The location ./used profile/extensions which has often the name/location: ./profiles/number.default/extensions is the standart location to install addons for individual users. That is so with all Mozilla applications that I know.

mfG

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2014 09:36PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.