Extensions :  K-Meleon Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Macro To Turn on and Off Freofx Extension Insttall
Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 23, 2014 05:30AM

in k-Meleon 74.0RC the Boolean value "kmeleon.install_firefox_extension" enables the install of Friefox Extensions without Editing the install.rdf of the XPI file

A Macro to Turn that Value On and Off make it easier to add it with about:config and manually seting it true.

Also, if forget what Boolean value names is you have to search K-Meleon Forums for it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Macro To Turn on and Off Freofx Extension Insttall
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 03, 2014 05:24AM

Go to the URL about:config, confirm that You know what You are doing, right-click between the shown preferences, chose "New", chose "bolean", select "true". Go to the extension's page, download the extension's xpi, go about:addons, click on the wheel icon for the "Add-on Manager", select "Install Add-on from file", find the xpi You just downloaded for install, restart the browser if the extension is not shown right away. If it works it will show up as installed extension.

The first plugin I'd chose to install prevents any compatibility checking.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/checkcompatibility/

K-Meleon is not comaptible anyway. :D

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 03, 2014 03:05PM

Maybe this would help. The macro will create, if not found, and allow user to change the 'kmeleon.install_firefox_extension' from true to false or back to true. A true value is indicated by a check mark by the menu item which is located under the Edit menu.

Attachments: xpinstallext.kmm (1.1 KB)  
Posted by: George Hall
Date: September 03, 2014 06:54PM

JamesD
Maybe this would help. The macro will create, if not found, and allow user to change the 'kmeleon.install_firefox_extension' from true to false or back to true. A true value is indicated by a check mark by the menu item which is located under the Edit menu.

That is exaclty what I wanted and a lot simpler than adding it manualy or editing to add the ability to turn it on and off.

Also, the macro you created even enbales certain extensions without restarting the browser.

If could have created that macro myself would not have bothered you and others with my reequest.

Eventhough I tried with no success my looking at other macros that toggled values on and off.

A macro is much easier than doing it manually in the config or editing default preferences just like I thought it would be.

Date: September 04, 2014 12:28PM

JamesD

Thx JamesD, that is the most elegant solution.

p.s. Error Console says:

Thu Sep 04 2014 07:08:23
Fehler: ) expected but found ;.
Quelldatei: E:\K-Meleon74.0RC2\macros\xpinstallext.kmm
Zeile: 24

And twice issues the message:

Thu Sep 04 2014 07:08:23
Fehler: Wrong number of arguments - expected 2, found 1.

setmenu()

Console line24
setmenu(setmenu("&Edit", macro, _("Set FireFox extension install"), _xpinstallext_toggle, -1);

Red marked text is IMHO a typo. Raises complain in console. Solution delete red marked text.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 04, 2014 01:26PM

Yes, a very bad typo. I am surprized that KM would actually load the macro with that code.

Date: September 07, 2014 08:03PM

It is not in the main function but in setmenu and is followed by the correct code.
So it works. K-Meleon macro seems much more robust than JS.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.