Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Adblock plus
Posted by: doonboggle
Date: September 30, 2010 07:02AM

Am new to K.
Just downloaded adblock plus and unzipped it. Then, based on comment in a forum post, put the dll file into the k-meleon directory.

But nothing shows up as it being installed. I see where others comment on seeing the icon, indicating it is active, but no directions could I locate; such as the installation file ... exe.

What else do I need to do to activate adblock plus ... and yes I rebooted when I put the dll file in the directory.
TIA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adblock plus
Posted by: caktus
Date: September 30, 2010 08:05AM

doonboggle
Am new to K.
Just downloaded adblock plus and unzipped it. Then, based on comment in a forum post, put the dll file into the k-meleon directory.

But nothing shows up as it being installed. I see where others comment on seeing the icon, indicating it is active, but no directions could I locate; such as the installation file ... exe.

What else do I need to do to activate adblock plus ... and yes I rebooted when I put the dll file in the directory.
TIA

If it is installed properly, an option should be in the View > Toolbars menu. In addition, it should also be listed in Edit > Preferences > Macro Extensions with a check mark beside it. If not I would suggest downloading the Add Block + program saving it to your K-meleon folder.

Then download and install the 7Z installer . You may need to restart the computer. Then right click on the AB_ setup file, go to 7-Zip and click on "Extract Here"

Now go to the K-Meleon folder and open the Components folder and delete the "compreg.dat" and "xpti.dat" files then close K-Meleon including the Loader.exe if it is running. Then restart K-meleon. You may need to perform this procedure every time you install a plugin.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 30, 2010 08:58PM

Add just in case.

The dll goes AFAIK into kplugins. Each file goes to its respective relative location after extraction.

Best extract into K-Meleon folder to automate or use the extension manager.

Manual without manager: best when Yo extract into an empty folder and copy. Files and folders go to the K-Meleon equivalent location/folder. IFF: Copy with a dual window file manager to know what You are doing/copying where.

Cave: AFAIK all Ablock plus versions currently have limits = either they have function limits or bleed RAM slowly. Close K-M once in a while, iff.

Greetings to Nevada? and NCarolina? from Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 09:06PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 30, 2010 09:52PM

I dimly remember having read something about Disrupted making a autoit version that has no RAM prob... and works without that dll... price for the RAM fix is that the GUI has less icons or something... There was a longer thread in the forum here.
I'd just try his version first:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext1.htm

Posted by: caktus
Date: October 01, 2010 12:15AM

RE: KEM. Still for some reason I cannot get KEM to install extensions. The extensions don't even show in the list of installed extensions. They do show up in the extensions list after I manually install them and the KEM uninstalls them fine. The same scenario plays out when I re-download/install the KEM. All I know to do is to blame it on President Bush.:cool: Oh, well. It is definitely not a deal breaker.

AFAIK, AB+ does not cause any drain of my RAM.

All'n'All I guess things could be a lot worse.grinning smiley

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.