Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
I.E. Favorites - Rename, Reload, Alternate Directory
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 15, 2010 01:36PM

A logical extension to the FavRenAdd macro in the MacroLibrary. This complete system allows for Renaming a favorite during the add process and allows a user to choose a folder. The user may also create and choose a folder during the add process. Since this occurs outside of KM, there is a reload item for the Favorites plugin. There is also the ability to use an alternate directory for favorites. This could allow a user to have portable favorites on a memory stick. There is also checking for the cases where the user has selected a folder for new items or for the menu. A small help system is included. The utils plugin from Mark307 is used and is included.

Attachments: FRA_combo.7z (10.6 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I.E. Favorites - Rename, Reload, Alternate Directory
Posted by: disrupted
Date: January 16, 2010 11:46AM

thnaks james, added under bookmarking.
tested with both fracombo and addfavs lus and there are no conflicts so user can use them both without problems and both see the created subfolders
i removed utils.dll from the uninstall ini because this can cause problems if another extension is using utils and it gets removed with an uninstall

also added a prefs file fra_combo.js whic sets this pref:
pref("kmeleon.plugins.utils.load", true);
this is useful for extensions that use additional kplugins and the user may already have them but had them disabled so when the extension is installed/first run the plugin gets reenabled and the extension works normally- thanks to jsnj for identifying this bug with skinswitcher

Date: January 16, 2010 01:02PM

@ disrupted

Thanks, this was my first extension. I did not understand about utils.dll. I am glad you could fix that. I will explore the extension to see how the extra pref works and make notes so if I need it again, I will know what to do.

Date: January 16, 2010 04:07PM

extension text
extra notes: requires the favorites plugin to be enabled
versions supported: 1.1.x - 1.5.x

Please note that version 1.1.x is not supported. I have used the if statement rather than the conditional.

Oops
I think I messed up the ini file. I left the kmm and js names as FavRenAdd when I should have changed them to FRA_combo. I never was sure what I would call this.

Also why is this in the ini file?
[pref]
1=fra_combo.js

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2010 04:28PM by JamesD.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 16, 2010 06:14PM

JamesD
Also why is this in the ini file?
[pref]
1=fra_combo.js

disrupted
also added a prefs file fra_combo.js whic sets this pref:
pref("kmeleon.plugins.utils.load", true);
this is useful for extensions that use additional kplugins and the user may already have them but had them disabled so when the extension is installed/first run the plugin gets reenabled and the extension works normally

Date: January 16, 2010 07:57PM

Thanks, I see that now.

I had just used 7z to extract to my test KM folder. I did not spot the extra pieces. Is that the correct way to install or is there an install/un-install program that I have overlooked?

Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 16, 2010 08:48PM

You can do it that way or use the auto-install function via the K-Meleon Extensions Manager specified in the link below. It also allows you to uninstall the extension, hence the ini file smiling smiley

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/kem.htm

Posted by: disrupted
Date: January 16, 2010 10:14PM

no worries, i fixed the ini and uploaded it again and now description sez for 1.5 only

Date: January 17, 2010 01:40AM

Thanks so much. I have made a checklist to go by if I do another extension.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.