Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
autoit cleeki adaptation
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 29, 2009 01:17PM

this is similar to cleeki in function, selected text opens a small band with icons.. clicking on the icon will open a new tab with the selected text as search string

clicking the first icon opens google search using the selected word
icon#2 searches for images
icon#3 dictionary
4 opens google maps
icon5 searches for news
icon 6 translates text to english (auto from-language)
icon7 searches videos
icon 8 searches for mp3

you can change the search engines by editing a kmaccelerator.ini configuration file by entering the string under the search specified, fr example:
editing the translation string to russian language instead of english..replace en at the end of the string to ru

[translate]
1=http://translate.google.com/#auto|en|

[translate]
1=http://translate.google.com/#auto|ru|

you can also change any icon by replacing the icon file with the same name in the icons folder

access menu edit>configuration k=m accelerators:

easily toggle the accelerator off and on
opens the ini file in notepad

there's also a nice fade-in fade-out effect for win2k and above

http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/sourceforge/k/project/km/kmext/kmaccelerators.7z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2009 11:42PM by disrupted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kmaccelerators (autoit cleeki adaptation)
Posted by: Matt
Date: December 29, 2009 06:44PM

Really neat, disrupted, fade effect looks great.
What could be improved? Using scroll bar and left mouse click on a blank webpage space (about:blank too) should not trigger kmaccel. It would be perfect then.

PS Speciality macros - WOW! :cool:

Date: December 29, 2009 07:06PM

thank matt smiling smiley

this update should fix that problem:
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/sourceforge/k/project/km/kmext/kmaccelerators.7z

this update fixes the bug of the accelerator band popping on wrong double clicks..like closing tabs or maximising the window etc.. the draw back is the band accelerator will no longer pop on double-click to select text and will only display when the cursor caret is moved along a text selection:
i.e. double click to select single text selection=no band
select by moving the caret along the text line= yes band
it's better that way to eliminate wrong double clicks(microsoft patch bugs the same way..they remove a function all together when it gives them problems..so why shouldn't i grinning smiley

the update also fixes 3 bugs:
kmeleon window losing focus..now km window will always be active when the accelerator is active/activated

the band will only be activated if the km window is active keeping the bar within the confines of the main window frame

when kmeleon is closed, the band now will immediately exit (no fadings)

additonally the delay time for the bar staying visible has been slightly shortened if not icon button has been clicked(less annoying)

please download the update from heanet link above and not from jaist mirror

Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 29, 2009 11:25PM

OK. Just tried this and it doesn't work properly for me at all. It's actually VERY annoying LOL. I had to disable and restart the browser because upon selecting text, autoclipcopy puts KM's transparency at like less than 5% so I can barely see it. The popup search appears for like 1 second but then disappears. Selecting text again does remove the transparency, but selecting another app while KM's open brings the transparency back again. Oi! :s

Date: December 29, 2009 11:41PM

grinning smiley you were testing with the wrong page..this one
because this thread has the same title the script got confused.. i will change the title of this post so you can test again, i promise it will be less annoying

Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 29, 2009 11:54PM

disrupted
grinning smiley you were testing with the wrong page..this one
because this thread has the same title the script got confused.. i will change the title of this post so you can test again, i promise it will be less annoying

Yes, you're right. All's well now for the most part. I do get a few random search popups though. Perhaps when text is selected in another tab it confuses it. But it's definitely usable now. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2009 11:57PM by jsnj.

Date: December 31, 2009 12:14PM

update:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/kmaccelerators.7z

this update resolves several bugs when using the scrollbar or switching tabs, caused the band to occasionally popup when not needed.

the band will only popup when a text section is selected so should work like proper accelerator now

Date: December 31, 2009 01:14PM

update: bugfix for band popping when text is selected from the urlbar.. now the band will only pop when 2 conditions are met:
1-text has been selected
2-within the contents of the k-meleon window class

download from same links

Date: December 31, 2009 04:06PM

update:
bug fix for popping on wrong windows when selecting text in windows like preferences, error console, about:kmeleon etc..now the band will open on webpages only

eye-candy update:
the band now supports bg colours and user can set any colour they prefer by entering a new value in the kmaccelerator.ini config file under bgcolour
the colour value must be in hex- like html colours but without the sharp. changing the bg colour in the config is applied instantly without need to disable the accelerator or restart k-meleon.. leaving the value empty, forces the band to use your default windows colours for dialogs. this new option can be useful with light coloured icons that display better with dark backgrounds or if you want to make the band colour-coded with your k-meleon skin

an html help file is now included access from edit>config>km accel>help
the help also includes a js colour-picker to easily select a bg colour in hex value
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/kmaccelerators.7z
examples:

Date: January 01, 2010 10:13AM

updated:
bug fix to avoid poppin from the urlbar when the urlbar is placed at 3rd row
fix for band flicker on initialisation and better visual effects for win 2k and above(win9x was not affected by that flicker)
please download again

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.