Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
for food lovers grinning smiley
Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 03, 2009 07:50PM

ported ff extension grocery list generator
download from kmext

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 09:01AM by disrupted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: for food lovers grinning smiley
Posted by: xGrind
Date: April 03, 2009 08:01PM

What's that? grinning smiley

Date: April 03, 2009 08:57PM

no idea grinning smiley it's sorta like a recipe organiser thingy but it works in kmeleon right from the box, everything functions without errors ..so.. you never know, maybe one day a firefox converted user will come and say i miss grocery organiser..

p.s. i looked into fasterfox extension but i'm sorry..it's no can do.. it relies so much on firefox overlays.services, it might not even work with seamonkey.. but the good thing it's mainly a gui for networking settings in about:config so you can do same tweaks but will be harder. i don't really work on firefox extensions.. i use this:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,89855
if it works right away..that's fine but if not i don't really bother.. just few cases when i actually dissect the jar, when need to change a url or a window size but nothing major.. in most cases if it doesn't work with kmeleon right away then it will need some serious recoding.

Date: April 04, 2009 01:44AM

It does not work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2009 01:51AM by xGrind.

Date: April 04, 2009 10:55AM

yes.. that's a very bad bug in the script, the extension has to be in a path without spaces for e.g:
c:\program files\extension.xpi it won't work from that path
but if c:\programmos\extension.xpi this is a path it will recognise

just make sure that the full path where the extension to be converted is without spaces in the folder names.

i'll try to fix it in next version but this thing took me a whole day to write and when i was done i realised that "folders with name spaces" bug but was too tired to code in short file name or double quotes for the full path but it's not hard will just need to add a few lines and replace a few strings so i hope to do it in an update.

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 04, 2009 05:21PM

disrupted
no idea grinning smiley it's sorta like a recipe organiser thingy but it works in kmeleon right from the box, everything functions without errors ..so.. you never know, maybe one day a firefox converted user will come and say i miss grocery organiser..
grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
disrupted
i'll try to fix it in next version but this thing took me a whole day to write and when i was done i realised that "folders with name spaces" bug but was too tired to code in short file name or double quotes for the full path but it's not hard will just need to add a few lines and replace a few strings so i hope to do it in an update.

Remember to pass all paths parameters with double quotes to avoid this problem of spaces in paths.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: April 04, 2009 05:22PM

To which folder it goes?

Date: April 04, 2009 08:32PM

ok, i fixed it.. download from same link: (aource included)

the problem was with the parameter passed to 7z to decompress the extension, so added double quotes.
$pendparm7z=("""" & $extpath & """")
$extparm = ("x " & $pendparm7z)

remember this is not a magic converter and most extensions won't just work with kmeleon with converting it..
it's mostly experimental to make it easy to test an extension, in the unlikely event that an extension works grinning smiley go to k-meleon's macro folder k-meleon\macros and look for the testing macro "testermacro.kmm" and rename it something similar to the extension
e.g. if the extension name is blueblue rename the macro to blueblue.kmm and then open the macro in notepad and replace all entries called 'festertester' to 'blueblue' and then change the menu command "pending extension" to something else.. this is important if you're going to use the extension and macro because otherwise when you convert your next extension, the macro will be replaced with a new one for the tester extension.

e.g. default generated macro:
# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- pending macro for ported extension---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

testerfester{
$OpenURL="chrome://ubafuckera/content/ubafuckera.xul";
$ExecMacros="OpenURL_InNewWindow"; &ExecMacros_Frames;
}

testerfester_BuildMenu{
setmenu("&Tools",macro,"Pending Extension",testerfester);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."testerfester_BuildMenu;";
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."testerfester;";

change to e.g (if extension name is blueblah)
# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- pending macro for ported extension---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blueblah{
$OpenURL="chrome://ubafuckera/content/ubafuckera.xul";
$ExecMacros="OpenURL_InNewWindow"; &ExecMacros_Frames;
}

blueblah_BuildMenu{
setmenu("&Tools",macro,"open blueblah",blueblah);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."blueblah_BuildMenu;";
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."blueblah;";

here's what i usually do, first i expand the xpi extension with 7z explorer window and look inside the jar.. if i find anything called "overlay.xul" i delete the extension.. if there isn't overlay, then there's a chance that the extension can work and i send it to the converter.

for easy access, you can add the converter 'km-extvert.exe' as a command for opening xpi extensions from folder options>file types>xpi

edit: remember, if you convert an extension and it doesn't work; remember to delete its chrome and component files from kmeleon chrome and component folders.. or you'll be left with lots of junk files inside kmeleon.. especially if you'll be testing a lot of extensions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 09:00AM by disrupted.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.