Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Show CSS background images from a page
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 06, 2014 09:56PM

There is no need of toogle JS or popups before execute the macro.

Most of the times I'm with both disabled. And sometimes JS enabled and popups disabled.

And worked ever in 1.6 and works in 74.0 GRE 24.7.

For 74 GRE 31, by what Dorian said about injectJS, probably will need to toggle JS enabled before run it.

I'm doing some testings with CSS images warning and other improvements. I'll let the version as is for now yet. I'll change what you said about 1.7.

EDIT: Works on 74 GRE 31 without problems. File updated in the KM version line.

ARGGGG nevermind, it is needed to enable javascript first in 74 GRE 31.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2014 10:11PM by JohnHell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 06, 2014 10:24PM

Someone can. tongue sticking out smiley

Thx to John for informing me by mail. smiling smiley

Posted by: siria
Date: October 06, 2014 10:31PM

Es geschehen noch Zeichen und Wunder - THANX grinning smiley
Was starting to get real bothersome with the mass of files to be exchanged ;-)

That would have suprised me if it worked in 74g31 without toggling, because in my tests yesterday it had come up with a real evil new bug, that JS-toggles after page load are simply ignored!
But most important is that KM74.0 works fine (and for a few people 1.6+7) smiling smiley

Date: October 06, 2014 10:40PM

siria
that JS-toggles after page load are simply ignored!

I wish I just came here 10 minutes ago winking smiley

Exactly, it is just ignored. You have to reload or open again the page after toggle it or... nothing :/

Date: October 06, 2014 10:46PM

Envy you if you only needed 10min to figure out that new insidious trap. Yesterday it made me go crazy for two hours, because it was just way too outlandish to think around that corner. Just when you think that JS stuff couldn't get any worse - Mozilla always can!
PS: the forum link in the header gets now a "9 " :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2014 10:48PM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 06, 2014 10:48PM

siria
Es geschehen noch Zeichen und Wunder - THANX

Hast du meine Mail Addi nicht - oder wolltest du deine nicht Preis geben?

Did not You want me to have Your mail address?

Forget it I still have a mail address of Yours. tongue sticking out smiley

p.s. Ihr könnt mich gern benachrichtigen, wenn was ist, dass ich wissen muss.

Ich bin - glaube ich - der letzte aktive Mod, der seine Addi sichtbar hat. sad smiley

Nöl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2014 10:52PM by guenter.

Date: October 07, 2014 01:45PM

I changed the filename, the header, the script itself with a few improvements and the readme. Don't pay too much attention to the zip filename it is for our versioning tracking. The filename inside is DocInfoMore.kmm.

The header now is as follows:

# UTF-8 / K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)

# ---------------------- DocInfoMore.kmm --------------------------------------
# Version :		2014-10-07 (CODE by JohnHell and KM / kmm by siria, copies from docinfo_more.kmm) 
# Forum/Web :		http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,123209
# Menu :		View > Images + Background (and context menu on page etc.)
# KM version :		KM1.5 or newer except 74 GRE 31
# Dependencies :	main.kmm, docinfo.kmm (native KM)
# Resources :		[MacroFolder]\docinfo\docinfo.css (native KM)
# Preferences :		kmeleon.plugins.macros.docinfo.forceTab.images (native KM)
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Shows the normal images in a page plus background images, all with URL. 

Off-Topic P.S.:
Don't envy me I spent more than 10 minutes. I only wished I could come to the forum about 10 minutes before to save testings winking smiley

Attachments: DocInfoMore_public_v8.zip (2.6 KB)  
Date: October 07, 2014 03:49PM

Cool but still can't stop fiddling a bit, sorry ;-)
Just suggestions of course, do as you wish.

# Version : v8 2014-10-07 (CODE ...
# Shows the normal images in a page plus background images, all with URL.
#
# KM version : KM1.5 or newer
# - KM1.7 alpha : Javascript and Popups must be allowed
# - KM74 GRE 31 : Javascript and Popups must be loaded with the page (KM alpha)

Since a readme-file is much more likely to be read than the kmm, it could make sense to copy all info stuff in there too.
And perhaps rename to DocInfoMore_readme.txt, if a user wants to keep it?
And perhaps add a hint about mini-menu...

Date: October 07, 2014 08:18PM

Didn't you say to remove version number? smiling smiley

I didn't know 1.7 had the same pre-enabled javascript requirements as 74 GRE 31 :-? I have some alpha here what I played with it just a few minutes... time ago.

What exactly to add to the readme, the whole header? If not, paste here what you consider will be best.

Ok, about the hint.

Readme is overrated tongue sticking out smiley It is as Windows programs installations. Loads of screens with full of information and just "next, next, next, next" tongue sticking out smiley winking smiley (Sorry I couldn't resist to say this last line)

Date: October 07, 2014 08:47PM

I meant the version number in the file name, which you did already.
In the header it's useful.

KM1.7 is different from 74g31 in that live-toggles do work, but if JS+P are blocked it still needs manual toggling before executing the macro.
74g31 needs JS+Popups already enabled before loading the page.

The readme I leave to you, and of course I'm also clicking next-next-next when the size of that thing has 300pages like thick novels!! This one is tiny enough to be read smiling smiley
But perhaps I should predict you, next thing will be that someone comes and wants a standard-kmext-7z with folder structure inside grinning smiley

Date: October 07, 2014 11:24PM

siria
But perhaps I should predict you, next thing will be that someone comes and wants a standard-kmext-7z with folder structure inside grinning smiley

I bet for it.

It's so hard to open a zip file and to read the Readme winking smiley

Attached with readme changed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2014 11:29PM by JohnHell.

Attachments: DocInfoMore_public_v8.zip (3.5 KB)  
Date: October 08, 2014 12:37AM

Whow, now you really made a prof handbook grinning smiley

And I made little screenshots :-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 12:57AM by siria.

Attachments: docinfomore_screen1.png (13.9 KB)   docinfomore_screen2.png (23.3 KB)  
Date: October 08, 2014 01:56AM

I updated the initial post of this thread with an updated file as I corrected typos in the Readme.txt and your screenshots.

I didn't include the screenshots in the file to avoid any kind of confussion. I bet someone decompress them in the macro folder, even the readme instructions.

The readme wasn't professional just as those that are inside tiny applications. I love tiny applications smiling smiley

And I wish I could find a very simple application to make windows help files. Not for this, but I remembered about it when JamesD was doing the reformated docs. I can't remember where I saw that sad smiley Years ago I thougth it was handy but not for me and now... we could use it.

Date: October 08, 2014 03:19AM

We have something in common, I too LOVE tiny apps smiling smiley
And I like too that it's now in the first post, that makes it a lot easier for later readers smiling smiley

www.snapfiles.com/downloadfind.php?action=s&ref=2&st=chm

Date: October 08, 2014 02:52PM

I already made searches, but it wasn't one of those.

It was kind of a custom tiny application to make simple help files.

It was referenced in a help file itself pointing "this html file was made with XXXXX". I can't remember that XXXXX.

Kind of tools like appear in sites like nirsoft.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 02:54PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 08, 2014 05:37PM

I don't know what is 'small' in your thinking. I found this one which looks easy to use, but the zip is 40,459 KB. It does include the Microsoft Htmlhelp.exe file.

http://www.createchmhelpfile.com/

Date: October 08, 2014 05:48PM

40Mb is not small, that's for sure. Those in the snapfiles search are nearest to my concept of tiny.

It was an old application. I'm talking about 10 years ago, if not more.

Now I'm not searching for it. I was just saying that it was a shame I can't remember it because could make a "professional" file making look better the help file (and I'm not saying you did a bad work on it), just making it more fancy, as people like it nowadays.

In fact, if I see the help file which referenced it and find it, maybe I find that is not what it is in memory winking smiley Long term memory tricks a lot winking smiley

Thanks for your efforts anyway. Don't waste the time on searching one winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 05:48PM by JohnHell.

Date: October 08, 2014 07:32PM

BTW, I've never found a handy *tiny* tool yet with tables for 98se, still looking. There are free office packets out there which are quite good, but too mighty for my very basic tasks and taste even if only taking the calc part.
The closest is still my prehistoric MS word6, that once came on diskettes, which would be perfect for text and tables, except that it can only handle dos-filenames and has trouble with other partitions than c:
Other than that there's a wide gap in that segment. The next basic tools are text editors with sometimes very basic table function, but those function like html tables, no copy/paste over several cells or even columns.
If you happen to have a tip... smiling smiley

Date: October 08, 2014 10:04PM

siria
If you happen to have a tip... smiling smiley

I'm sticky with Office 2000 (around 200Mcool smiley.

But if you mean a tiny spreadsheet. I don't know of any one sad smiley

Date: October 09, 2014 12:33AM

Not necessarily a spreadsheet for calculating or automatic nonsense, rather a slightly advanced text proggie with tables and styles. Anyway, thanks for trying :-)

Date: November 25, 2014 03:03AM

Updated version, check first page for changes and updated files.

Date: September 25, 2019 11:37AM

Aargh... I really like this macro, now realized it's broken since K-Meleon76.
This macro and the OLD native macro to show an imagelist/linklist produce only a black window since KM76.
The native macro was later fixed by Dorian, it now creates "data:text" pages.

Was also reported by rodocop 2015-09-30:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,135398,135623#msg-135623
> DocInfoMore doesn't work as well as docinfo itself.

Until KM75.1 the native macro, and still this user macro, opened an $URL like wyciwyg://2/http://...
(became visible after "Reset URL Bar")

Now that black window doesn't even have a context menu anymore. When saving as bookmark, the URL is aboutblank. Pity. Who knows how much more macros may be affected...

Date: September 25, 2019 01:37PM

The day Firefox implemented hardware acceleration they broke everything. What can I say?

If K-meleon 76 Gecko, official, works in XP SP2 and doesn't throw a BSOD as Goanna version, I can try to look at it, because I can't have a BSOD right now.

But I don't think is the macro/script itself.

By the way, the about:blank is normal. It is an empty page that maybe is not rendered because the newer Gecko/Goanna blocks document.write for other pages. If so... can't be done anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2019 01:42PM by JohnHell.

Date: September 26, 2019 02:30PM

Nah, XP SP3 requirements for K-meleon 76 subXXXX versions

Can't test sorry. No plans so far on installing the Service Pack, soon or ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2019 02:47PM by JohnHell.

Date: September 26, 2019 11:21PM

JohnHell
Nah, XP SP3 requirements for K-meleon 76 subXXXX versions

Can't test sorry. No plans so far on installing the Service Pack, soon or ever.

This need for SP3 kernel is really a pity, but nothing to do sad smiley

Am currently struggling along with my hover-macro again, and needed to get the bg-img under the mouse. Finally this worked:
ele1picBG=window.getComputedStyle(ele1, null).backgroundImage;
Then after much more searching, without much hope (at least for KM1.6) also found a way to get those pesky ":after" images!
ele1picBG=window.getComputedStyle(ele1, ':after').getPropertyValue('background-image');
Just in case some day those may get added to this macro too.

Now tried this macro on XP SP3 again, and found the error for the black window just claims "the operation is insecure" or similar, without telling what exactly. First suspected the "write()" command, and tried to rewrite it to setting innerHTML, which always worked best in my own macros. No clue yet how that window-opening stuff works, but at any rate, after finally not filling the page-source at all anymore, the error still remained. After commenting out more and more stuff, the security-culprit finally turned out to be "open()"!! Just this. Crazy.

Date: September 27, 2019 12:13AM

Shouldn't be done, but if the culprit is the second open, the document.open();, remove it. Then I bet it will complain about document.write(); (almost 100% sure).

(EDIT (I forgot to add this): Until close() the new page doesn't get an URL, so as it is about:blank, probably the Same Origin Policy blocks it)

Replace

(imgWin.document) {open();

with

(imgWin.document) {

The alternative is, instead open a separate window, dump the capturing to a floating DIV over the page, but would be lost the handy effect of save the separate window with only the images of the page.

By the way, I didn't know that getComputedStyle could get pseudo elements. I don't know if worth it, anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2019 12:14AM by JohnHell.

Date: September 27, 2019 12:27AM

Yes it's this place, will try it tomorrow:

(imgWin.document) {open();

If doc.write complains, it can easily be replaced with something like documentElement.innerHTML.
innerHTML is the only thing which has always worked 100% stable when I tried it in old+new KM-versions.

Date: September 27, 2019 01:00AM

The problem with that, as my suggestion, is that the page CSS would be applied "corrupting" the result.

Date: September 27, 2019 06:04PM

If you didn't try, forget the document.write only above, as document.open is implicit:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Document/open

Date: September 27, 2019 11:58PM

That old prob with engines FORBIDDING everything to USERS drives me crazy again and again - no matter how much time this forces me to waste trying, nothing works anymore!! GRRR....
Again and again I find the only real chance to OPEN a new page AND modify it, is using pure macro code.
BUT: it needs to exchange strings with the SCRIPT code, and that's just so extremely limited too!
In older KM a joke, merely 4kB can be transmitted from JS-to-macro, only since KM76RC2 it's a bit more (guess 32kcool smiley. And the other way around is very buggy, since macrolanguage has no native command for encodeURIComponent.
Sigh, cannot tell how many hundreds of hours that futile struggle has cost me already sad smiley

Although am really not sure why not even EMPTY windows with URL about:blank cannot be filled. After some messing around with the code the security error was long since gone, and in theory aboutblank is really allowed for everything. Therefore strongly suspect that on one hand some weird bugs are involved (completely transparent window if no URL, or if URL is about:blank#hash??), and on the other my extremely limited JS skills do not help for such probs at all. Finally need a simple and WORKING example from experts again, sigh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2019 12:05AM by siria.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.