nnSurf
Posted by: adodupan
Date: July 06, 2011 05:12AM

nnSurf
is a small extension for proxy using. It is very easy to use, you only need to use right click on selected (text or link) proxy, then press the nnSurf button. Please read the info.
Now you can put all the proxies in the nnSurf database. Each proxy appears as a line item in the menu.
For proxy list, i recommend excellent website.

Update:
It is not necessary to uninstall nnSurf, just extract the new package and then restart the km, the new file will replace the existing one.

Uninstall:
First, go to Tools > Proxy > Configure > and delete nnSurf tab. [this is important]
Then delete nnSurf files, or use km extensions manager.

Download:
nnSurf v.0.3

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2011 02:04PM by adodupan.

Re: nnSurf
Date: July 06, 2011 07:43PM

Deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2011 05:56PM by adodupan.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 06, 2011 09:46PM

thankyou adodopan, nnsurf has been added to kmext

Posted by: km2
Date: July 08, 2011 06:22PM

Hi, adodopan.

How it differ from default builtin proxy-switcher?

Date: July 08, 2011 07:06PM

nnSurf does not depend on 'the default builtin proxy-switcher'. nnSurf uses its own code, and images.

Date: September 14, 2011 05:14PM

Update

What's new in version 0.3?

-added a file nnSurf.xml [in profile folder]. nnSurf uses this file to store proxies. You can add, edit and delete the proxy with a few clicks. Each proxy stored in the database appears as a menu item.
-improved buttons in the nnSurf window and improved nnSurf shortcut

Posted by: Rapido
Date: April 25, 2013 10:05PM

Hi! I feel i have to say something about this extension. First things first i got a funny problem wich i can't solve. The problem is that i had to uninstall this extension because of an unexpected error with my browser which is k-m1.6. What happend was that i couldn't watch anything on youtube or any other tube sites or movie sites for that matter so i decided to uninstall my media plugins using the extension manager which i have installed. but when i had uninstalled and reinstalled. I then after installation decided to install nnsurf and that was then
i got the problem i can't solve. Problem: I can't use my k-meleon browser it will not open instead i got an popup saying that nnsurf will now check for previous installs and nothing else happens it just stops there. Can somone please tell me what to do? Oh! i have say that this problem is on my stationary PC which has winxp on it. I'm using this extension on my portable pc with winxp and i have no problem what so ever so i'm helpless. This has not been a problem before. I should say that i had nnsurf installed without any problem and i had no issue then but when i had to reinstall winxp and all the other things the problem started.

Yours: Rapido

Date: April 26, 2013 05:39AM

Well Rapido, you're surprised me, as you see i don't have any feedback about nnSurf. nnSurf is the fifth final version now and i rewrote the code, but is no longer for sharing. I rewrote the code only for my own needs.
K-Meleon has a complicated interface to use proxy. This is not a bad criticism, on the contrary, i like it this solution. But mozilla already has a better solution, easier and faster - nsIProtocolProxyService (implemented in nnSurf fourth version).
No more creating file nnSurf.js in the folder root\defaults\pref\
I assume that this file is a problem. However, to avoid any complications, you do the following:

First, go to Tools > Proxy > Configure > and delete nnSurf tab. [this is important]
Then delete nnSurf files
Then delete root\defaults\pref\nnSurf.js
Then delete nnSurf preferences

After this, any problems with proxy, you need to troubleshoot as follows:
Go to Tools > Proxy > Configure > and remove all the created proxy tabs
Then you find and reset preference STRING "kmeleon.plugins.macros.proxy.configs"

Best regards

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.