from ff2 to kmeleon...need little help
Posted by: chame
Date: April 18, 2011 06:27PM

hallo, i'm still using ff2 because i hate the new firefox bookmarks.
History and bookmarks in the same file, in a database in a format that as i know no other browser use, it delete automatically duplicate entry, i really hate this, i think that an app shouldn't delete your infos automatically.
kmeleon use the good old standard bookmarks.html, it also use hostperm.1 file, so i can use the same files with ff and kmeleon with hardlinks.
In ff2 i have some functions through extensions, some of these are already built in kmeleon
these are the ext that i need, maybe some of the extension function are in kmeleon but hidden.

Active stop button: stop all tab rightclicking on stop
adblock: exist
addbookmarkhere: built in (is possible to move on top?)
add to search bar: not found
archview: i can see inside zip and iso and download only some files, if doesn't exist nothing similar in km i can use external apps
autocopy: exist
boox: i use it to see bookmarks link in tooltips, possible on km?
cs lite: to control cookies (add exclusion, permit cookies, ecc from statusbar), something similar in km?
enhanced bookmark search: needed
enhanced history manager: exist
extended link proprieties: exist
locate in bookmark folders: needed
location navigator: maybe with bookmarklets or macro?
multiple tab handler: can live without it
next tab: built in
options menu: can live without
organize search engine: exist
quick java: disable java and js from statusbar, for km?
search everywhere: can search in a site with google. maybe with bookmarklets?
showpicture: builtin
stop autoplay: builtin
tab history: this is absolutely needed, if i open a link in another tab, it lost history, with this ext no. how to add this function to km?
textlink: builtin
unmht: exist
user agent switcher: builtin

can you help me?

Re: from ff2 to kmeleon...need little help
Posted by: guenter
Date: April 18, 2011 08:10PM

chame

Not implemented.

Goto: View -> Toolbars -> and activate the Privacy Bar. That has that functionality to change on click.

For the rest - I do not know or do not understand You.
I am not English speaking.

But there are more users here - they may understand better or know more. smiling smiley

p.s. Native menus.

If Yo can get hold of any older K-Meleon (example: it = Italian Which existe in 1.1.x) version in Your language (Version 1.1.x-1.5.x) that has no translation to Your language yet for the version 1.5.4 or 1.6.beta2.

You can copy the folder ./K-Meleon/locales to the currently used 1.5.4 or 1.6beta2 and change the language via: F2 -> Language to for example Italian.

This will give You many menus (but not all) in example language Italian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 08:14PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 18, 2011 08:34PM

Hallo? Du bist nicht zufällig deutsch...? ;-)

Just to be sure, with "exist" and "built-in" you mean that's already there and it works okay for you? smiling smiley

Not from statusbar, but have you noticed the built-in privacy bar? (View>Toolbars)

Can you explain more in detail?

Uhm, what's that exactly?

Click Bookmars > Edit, click on a folder, type the search term

Guess not... You can only click "Bookmarks>Add Page" and choose a folder from there.

cs lite: to control cookies (add exclusion, permit cookies, ecc from statusbar), something similar in km?
Guess not from statusbar, unless perhaps one of the cookie extensions can do it.
A cookie-block-button exists on the privacy bar. Exceptions are handled either in F2>Privacy, or in Tools>Privacy>Permissions
I've put that permissions menu (or was it the View Data menu?) as context menu on my cookie-privbar-button, to open at right-click. It's a bit bothersome that the "view cookies" dialogue only offers "blacklist this cookie" as exception, but not yet "whitelist it". For myself it's good enough, but there are optional macros which offer some advanced options and seem quite handy, am just not familiar with them. Somehow I like it very basic, just easier to remember ;-)

Do you mean to take the top domain of a displayed page and search inside that domain with google? That shouldn't be overly difficult with a macro, and that could be added to the search engines menu (the one on right-click on search-globe or if right-clicking some highlighted text)

Hmm, search engines are a bit special... There's that impressive configuration in the pref sheets (F2>Browsing>Finding Websites), where you can add new search engines. But somehow that doesn't seem to work anymore for everyone. Anyway, if it does for you, what you could do is to add a link to the search menu which opens that pref sheet (needs macro). Personally I prefer the basic way again, and use a separate text configuration sheet with my additional search engines, so they appear in all my various profiles equally, even if changes this way need a restart.

For the rest: No clue... And for some of it not much hope...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 08:39PM by siria.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 18, 2011 08:56PM

chame

can you help me?

Included in the Search+ extension

Posted by: chame
Date: April 19, 2011 02:58AM

guenter
Goto: View -> Toolbars -> and activate the Privacy Bar. That has that functionality to change on click.

statusbar or toolbar is the same, perfect (sei mica italiano?)
for the native menu...i can use english version

siria
Hallo? Du bist nicht zufällig deutsch...? ;-)

i'm italian

siria
Just to be sure, with "exist" and "built-in" you mean that's already there and it works okay for you? smiling smiley

yes!

siria
Not from statusbar, but have you noticed the built-in privacy bar? (View>Toolbars)

yes noticed only now

siria
Can you explain more in detail?

options menu add a menu for editing extensions options, but is not so important to have this functions, i can live without this extension smiling smiley

siria
Uhm, what's that exactly?

example: www.link.com/page1.htm - i select the "1" and can go up and down (page2, page3...just clicking the new up and down button that the ext adds.

siria

Click Bookmars > Edit, click on a folder, type the search term

hmmm doesn't work

siria
Guess not... You can only click "Bookmarks>Add Page" and choose a folder from there.

in about:config there is only 1 options about it, kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.menuAddBookmark so i think it must remain on menu's bottom, not so big problem

siria
Guess not from statusbar, unless perhaps one of the cookie extensions can do it.
A cookie-block-button exists on the privacy bar. Exceptions are handled either in F2>Privacy, or in Tools>Privacy>Permissions
I've put that permissions menu (or was it the View Data menu?) as context menu on my cookie-privbar-button, to open at right-click. It's a bit bothersome that the "view cookies" dialogue only offers "blacklist this cookie" as exception, but not yet "whitelist it". For myself it's good enough, but there are optional macros which offer some advanced options and seem quite handy, am just not familiar with them. Somehow I like it very basic, just easier to remember ;-)

how you open it with right click? if i right click nothing happen

siria
Do you mean to take the top domain of a displayed page and search inside that domain with google?

yes

siria
Hmm, search engines are a bit special... There's that impressive configuration in the pref sheets (F2>Browsing>Finding Websites), where you can add new search engines. But somehow that doesn't seem to work anymore for everyone. Anyway, if it does for you, what you could do is to add a link to the search menu which opens that pref sheet (needs macro). Personally I prefer the basic way again, and use a separate text configuration sheet with my additional search engines, so they appear in all my various profiles equally, even if changes this way need a restart.

hm how you can add a link to search menu? if someone want to add a search engine what has to do? exist a standard procedure to add sites? can i import search engine from ff2?

For the rest: No clue... And for some of it not much hope...[/quote]

sad smiley

thank you!

jsnj
Included in the Search+ extension

i'll try thx

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 19, 2011 05:56AM

I can also use a foreign menu, but I much prefer to have a German menu.
It makes me feel at home. smiling smiley

Italian was chosen as example because I am a moderator and can see the end of user IPs.
& .it = from Italy. grinning smiley

chame
options menu add a menu for editing extensions options,

Do You mean an extension manager?

An Extension manager exists as Extension.

Else some Extensions have an Option menus of their own.
Else You would really change = edit a K-Meleon extension.

chame
can i import search engine from ff2?

No the systems are not compatible so You cannot just import them. sad smiley

You need to add each engine's exact search string to K-Meleon's
Finding Web Sites Tab: Search Engines.

chame
hm how you can add a link to search menu?

Finding Web Sites -> Tab: Web Search

I have chosen my favorite 20 engines to search from.

siria

She meant that literally. She altered the skin button and added a macro.
A K-Meleon skin can be altered by users with an editor.

You could ask for her code and add it also. :drool:

This part of the K-Meleon forums is where ppl post their changes (or even extensions) and get and give help with such changes. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 06:30AM by guenter.

Re: How to add right-click menus to buttons (user)
Date: April 19, 2011 09:44PM

Hi and sorry, am just too tired lately for posting much, my bad.

I suppose the Search+ extension will cover your search options smiling smiley

That the extremely useful privacy bar is still switched OFF by default is something I just never understood, and it seems that nearly every new user or quick tester simply overlooks it sad smiley It's one of the greatest stand-alone features of this browser, a real jewel, exists since many years, but keeps getting hidden away, while ALL other toolbars arrive activated by default! Not fair, somehow the devs seem to want people to miss it *sniff*

For the moment just a quick tip now, how a user can add an (existing) menu to a K-Meleon button on right-click:
For example, let's say you like this button "Clear Cache" in the privbar, but to save space you have hidden the other "Clear xy" buttons. Instead you want to put that menu from "Tools>Privacy>Clear Data" as right-click menu on the "Clear Cache" button. How to:
1) first remember the exact menu name, in english, and the underlined character. In this example, it would be "&Clear Data". The & means the next character is the underlined one.
2) now open the button config of your current skin folder:
Edit>Configuration>Toolbars
Use the search function to quickly find "Clear Cache". That button consists of 5 lines: 1 doesnt matter, 2 is the command, 3 is the tooltip-text if the mouse hovers over the button, 4+5 are the icons.
3) Add your chosen menu on right-click menu by changing
privacy(ClearCache)
to
privacy(ClearCache)|&Clear Data

Done! Save and restart smiling smiley

No wait, while you're at, why not also replace the natively crippled search engines menu on the Globe-button with the already prepared alternative one, which offers also the "Configuration" and "default engine" options. By the way the same which you see when selecting some text in a web page and then right-click on "Web Search".
Now in the still open toolbars.cfg do a search for "Search" and voilà the search-globe button. Disable the first command line (with the short "_Search_Engines" menu) by putting a # in its beginning, then activate the alternative command line (with the better "&Web Search" menu) by removing the comment # sign. Now restart smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 10:22PM by siria.

Re: Special right-click menu on cookie-button
Date: April 19, 2011 10:20PM

Oh well, I love that configurability of KM too much, and couldn't stop playing a bit more ;-)
What I wanted to do for years, collect all cookie-commands into an own menu together and place that on the cookie-button. This is a bit more complicated but not much:

1) Create that NEW menu from scratch:
Edit>Configuration>Menus
(attention this file is only stored in your current profile folder)
Add this code:

button_cookies{
Block Cookies=macros(pref_ToggleCookies)
View Co&okies=ID_COOKIES_VIEWER
Black-White-List=ID_COOKIE_PERM
Cookies Configuration=macros(kmPrefs(privacy))
Clear &Cookies=privacy(ClearCookies)
}

All of the above commands exist already somewhere, can be copied from various places. But finding them really is the only slightly more difficult task smiling smiley E.g. tons of command and menu names can be figured out from k-meleon/defaults/settings/menus.cfg. Others from Edit>Configuration>CommandsList (in KM1.6, alternatively there's a web link somewhere). And in the kmm-files of macros are lots of macro command names etc. too.

2) Now add this new menu on right-click on the cookie button from privbar:
Edit>Configuration>Toolbars
Replace
macros(pref_ToggleCookies)
with
macros(pref_ToggleCookies)|button_cookies
Save and restart!

My only gripe is that flash cookie options and supercookies/DomStore are missing yet in that menu. The normal cookie blocker only blocks those tiny ancient kind. Guess there was a new extension recently in the forum that deals with flash settings. And I'd like to create a link or two to info web sites, by a little macro, to add to that cookie-collection-menu too. Just too much research now and too tired...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 10:35PM by siria.

Re: Special right-click menu on cookie-button
Posted by: Chame
Date: April 23, 2011 09:41PM

thx i will try, it's not difficult but requires some time

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.