Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Extension Manager Problems
Posted by: Windmill_Man
Date: December 30, 2010 10:02PM

I recently found K-Meleon and I'm loving it. It's fast and lightweight. I'm working towards replacing Opera with it. I like Opera... but it seems so clunky lately. I found it on The Portable Freeware Collection as "Pocket K-Meleon". Took me awhile of messing it to realize that I had a version of K-Meleon that was made with use on USB flash drives in mind.

I'm having an annoying problem though. I cannot get KEM (K-Meleon Extension Manager) to work. It simply will not run. I installed it the way that was explained on the installer page and everything. I've selected it from the tools menu, I've selected it from the toolbar, and I've even tried running the executable that's in K-Meleon's root. I've also tried turning macros on and off (If the checkbox located in Edit>Preferences>MacroExtensions turns macros on and off). I don't really know what I'm supposed to do at this point. I think I remember reading somewhere about having to do something different when installing extensions if you installed K-Meleon by zip file rather than installer. Is this true?

I was also looking to try KMES that was mentioned in a sticky. However... I can't find where to download it. JujuLand says he updated his signature with the location of it... but I can only find where to download 1.00 not 2.10. I could not find any other manager.

I fully realize that I can install manually... however, I would prefer to have something do it automatically. That... and to have a way to easily uninstall extensions I don't like.

If someone could please help me figure out this headache, I'd be very grateful. grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Extension Manager Problems
Posted by: siria
Date: December 30, 2010 10:51PM

Hi and welcome smiling smiley
Sorry can't help you with your prob, no clue. But are you still on Pocket KM...? If I remember right, that's a very old version, 1.1.x or something? Or which version do you use now, and on which system? And where is your profile folder located, in your programs/k-meleon folder or your user appdata folder? (Can be found via Edit > Configuration > Open profile directory)

Date: December 30, 2010 11:15PM

siria
Hi and welcome smiling smiley
Sorry can't help you with your prob, no clue. But are you still on Pocket KM...? If I remember right, that's a very old version, 1.1.x or something? Or which version do you use now, and on which system? And where is your profile folder located, in your programs/k-meleon folder or your user appdata folder? (Can be found via Edit > Configuration > Open profile directory)

Hello! Nah. I stopped using that. I'm using K-Meleon 1.5.4 (7zipped version) right now. My profile folder is indeed located in my username folder (C:\Documents and Settings\BlahBlah\Application Data\K-Meleon\). I should probably just delete PocketKM, but I'm a packrat so... tongue sticking out smiley.

My system is XP SP2. Probably would be SP3 but I read that SP3 has majorly extreme issues with AMD brand processors. I don't believe Microsoft ever bothered to fix it either... whatever... another update will just add more problems anyway. One of these days I will try Linux :cool:.

Date: December 30, 2010 11:17PM

I don't know what happened but.... KEM is working now. *dies*

Thanks for trying to help me. I'll post here again if I have any more problems.

Maybe it has something to do with me restarting my system.... I don't know... but man... such a headache for it to start working suddenly. It should come up and say something like "Sorry!" or something but noooo. XD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 11:22PM by Windmill_Man.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 30, 2010 11:23PM

LOL! I love self-healing computers, have one too grinning smiley
Ah yes, it has been reported a few times before that reboots solve a lot of issues! I had thought that reboots weren't needed anymore after win9x-times, but meanwhile have started believing it got worse instead, just no one knows and so doesn't try that trick...

It's a bit strange that your profile is in the location of the setup-version, instead of the location of the portable 7z-version. Unless you deleted manually the file profile.ini. But if all is fine it's okay smiling smiley (PS: you can create new profiles anytime and switch between them at startup)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 11:29PM by siria.

Date: December 30, 2010 11:30PM

Yeah... I wouldn't have known. Reboots help with things... but I never woulda guessed it would here. I installed KEM last night. I should have checked it again today before posting. Oh well...

Still curious about KMES 2.10 though! grinning smiley

Not that it matters. I have my manager now.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.