Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
linkification extension equivalent?
Posted by: fohstick
Date: April 29, 2010 11:18PM

hello,

im looking for an extension that can automatically turn URLs into click-able links. does one exist?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: linkification extension equivalent?
Posted by: SoerenB
Date: April 30, 2010 08:47AM

Hi, fohstick, and welcome to the forum!

You do not need an extension for that - it's in the box!

How-To:

• Select text
  • Right Click
  • -> "Open as URL"

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: senna
Date: April 30, 2010 12:06PM

if u still need, a way is write a extension injecting a js to recgnise and change to link.

[off topic] usually i use more search option than "open as url", sometimes u want search a word inside a link but there is no option with rigth click. U can press the search button and it will perform a search with selected text but also u can put the option in "rigth click" editing the "defalts\settings\menus.cfg". there is a code like

LinkOpen{
%ifplugin tabs
Open In Ne&w Tab=ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_TAB
Open In Bac&kground Tab=ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUNDTAB
-

add ":&Search With", will b

LinkOpen{
%ifplugin tabs
:&Search With
-

the result

Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 30, 2010 05:12PM

senna
if u still need, a way is write a extension injecting a js to recgnise and change to link.

[off topic] usually i use more search option than "open as url", sometimes u want search a word inside a link but there is no option with rigth click. U can press the search button and it will perform a search with selected text but also u can put the option in "rigth click" editing the "defalts\settings\menus.cfg". there is a code like

LinkOpen{
%ifplugin tabs
-

add ":&Search With", will b

LinkOpen{
%ifplugin tabs
:&Search With
-

the result

Or you can just right-click next to the link(instead of on the link) to get to selected text menu smiling smiley

Date: April 30, 2010 05:59PM

sometimes is not possible, or u have to select a large text (i used to do this).

Date: April 30, 2010 06:40PM

hmm now i get it, yep is easier.

Posted by: Matt
Date: July 06, 2010 09:09AM

fohstick
hello,

im looking for an extension that can automatically turn URLs into click-able links. does one exist?

Well, paste the code below into your hotlinks; F2 > Hotlinks. Now you can activate it with a hotkey Ctrl+0-9. Thanks for reminding me of it, fohstick smiling smiley:

javascript: (function(){var%20D=document;%20D.body.normalize();%20F(D.body);%20function%20F(n){var%20u,A,M,R,c,x;%20if(n.nodeType==3){%20u=n.data.search(/https?\:\/\/[^\s]*[^.,">\s\)\]]/);%20if(u>=0)%20{%20M=n.splitText(u);%20R=M.splitText(RegExp.lastMatch.length);%20A=document.createElement("A");%20A.href=M.data;%20A.appendChild(M);%20R.parentNode.insertBefore(A,R);%20}%20}else%20if(n.tagName!="STYLE"%20&&%20n.tagName!="SCRIPT"%20&&%20n.tagName!="A")for(c=0;x=n.childNodes[c];++c)F(x);%20}%20})();

Remove the space between : and ( on the begining - I put it there to avoid sad smiley.

I tried long time ago to make an extension, but the code inserted into a macro makes the error console run amok, so I abandoned it.

linkify
Posted by: Matt
Date: August 22, 2010 03:47PM

Ok, this one works like a charm smiling smiley

Before

After

menu entry: page context > Text to link converter

Attachments: linkify.7z (739 bytes)  
Re: linkify
Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 10, 2019 12:11AM

Old Linkify got broken sometime (URL of js changed), so I made new (local) version of Linkify using the code of one CB for Firefox.

Please download and enjoy real auto linkification!

Attachments: linkify2019.7z (2.3 KB)  

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.