Extensions :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon extensions. 
Feed Subscribe v1.0.8
Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 06, 2010 12:55AM

Extension for K-Meleon v1.1 - 1.6b2

KM Extension <-- Right-Click to auto-install w/KEM

Feed Subscribe adds feed detection and subscription into K-Meleon. Clicking the feed button displays the list of the available feeds for that web page.

Clicking on any of the available feeds will then take you to the preview page. On the preview page, the feed button changes to allow you to click it again to subscribe to that feed with your preferred feed reader.

Right-clicking the button displays the Feed Subscribe menu which displays Newsfox along with a list of popular online feed readers to choose from. Since most online feed readers have their own preview page, the "Preview Feed" feature is optional if using one of them. Newsfox and desktop reader(e.g. Feed Demon) users can bypass the preview page by using "Subscribe To This Link" in the link context menu. The "Read Feeds" menu item links to your chosen feed reader and also integrates with the RSS button in the default skins.

For users who don't want another toolbar button, you can access it's functions in the page context menu with "Subscribe To This Page". The Feed Subscribe menu is also available in the Tools menu.

Hope you like!

Please post COMMENTS/QUESTIONS here.

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2011 04:58AM by jsnj.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Feed Subscribe
Posted by: disruptted
Date: March 06, 2010 01:36PM

i like a lot
add rss has been replaced by feed subscribe (feeds, blogging)

Date: March 11, 2010 05:30AM

Top post download link updated to v1.0.2. Fixed problems which prevented some feed links from rendering correctly on pages such as:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/

and search feeds on craigslist.org

Attachments: K-M(X)_FeedSubscribe_1.0.2.zip (27 KB)  
Date: March 13, 2010 03:00AM

Small fix to accommodate sites that don't provide a title for their feed, such as:

news.google.com

Top post download link updated.

Attachments: K-M(X)_FeedSubscribe_1.0.3.zip (27 KB)  
Posted by: Matt
Date: March 27, 2010 05:54PM

I didn't realise how much I missed this extension until now. Many, many thanks, jsnj!

Date: April 01, 2010 09:14PM

Matt
I didn't realise how much I missed this extension until now. Many, many thanks, jsnj!

Thanks Matt. Just didn't seem right that KM be the only browser in that Microsoft Choice screen list not to have this feature available.

Posted by: Matt
Date: April 04, 2010 08:22PM

Such essentials like this, Search+ and mayby 2-3 more extensions like Mouse Gestures Plus for instance should definitely be available out of the box with K-M 1.6.

Re: Feed Subscribe v1.0.4
Date: April 27, 2010 12:05AM

Top post updated to v1.0.4. Changes:

- Support for Feed Demon and other local readers that recognize URLs sent to them. Tested w/Feed Demon 2.7(their last free non-adware version) and SharpReader.

- Feed list background & link color customization with the following string prefs:
kmeleon.plugins.macros.FeedSubscribeBack
kmeleon.plugins.macros.FeedSubscribeLink

Here's a hex chart

- Empty locales(translation) files added.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 12:23AM by jsnj.

Re: Feed Subscribe v1.0.4
Posted by: Hatschi
Date: April 28, 2010 01:50AM

tx, for your fast reaction. Does work perfect with my Feed Demon Version too smiling smiley

Re: Feed Subscribe v1.0.5
Date: April 29, 2010 12:20AM

Top post updated to v1.0.5

Fixed couple bugs related to local reader support:

- Read Feeds now opens local readers correctly.
- Error correction for KM v1.1 users specific to the prompt for file function.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 29, 2010 08:06PM

line43 semi-colon missing
(yes, i hate them too)

Date: April 29, 2010 08:31PM

Thanks. Which 1.1 do you use? My 1.1.6 didn't catch it.

*Top post link updated w/the semi-colon smiling smiley. For those who've already downloaded v1.0.5, there's no real need to download this new one just for the semi-colon. You won't notice a bit of difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2010 08:47PM by jsnj.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 29, 2010 09:15PM

1.5.4 error console caught it, probably would have never known if wasn't testing clock in titlebar for senna.. and i didn't know at first it was feedsubscribe, thought it was constip error and went crazy looking at line 44 till i opened the error console again and read it was feedsubscribe kmm grinning smiley sometimes i'm dumb like that sad smiley

Re: Feed Subscribe v1.0.6
Date: August 12, 2010 07:17AM

Updated to v1.0.6.

Grazr died. New preview page courtesy of YesRSS.com pictured in top post.

Bloglines subscription URL changed for more reliable feed detection.

The Newsfox "Read RSS Feeds" item within the Mail and News menu has been replaced by Feed Subscribe's "Read Feeds" item which links to your chosen reader.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2010 02:09AM by jsnj.

Re: Feed Subscribe v1.0.7
Date: January 29, 2011 07:23AM

Updated to v1.0.7

*Compatible with MicroRSS

*'Send To Feed Viewer' option in the 'Send To' menus for sites like this which have JS feed links which aren't compatible with the "Subscribe to this link" function. Open the JS feed link first then use the 'Send To Feed Viewer' function. Useful when stumbling upon any raw feed in K-M.

*'Preview Feed' option is appropriately disabled/grayed when local & chrome readers are selected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2011 07:24AM by jsnj.

Re: Feed Subscribe v1.0.8
Date: February 03, 2011 05:06AM

Updated to v1.0.8

Tweak to the 'Send To Feed Viewer' function enabling it to work correctly with Feed List links.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.