Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: K-Meleon 1.1.5 and 1.5Beta
Posted by: dpcdpc11
Date: April 12, 2008 03:40PM

you may got a point there... i just started experimenting with Vista... my main OS still remains the awesome XP... but i wanted to give Vista a try and see if all my XP apps work in Vista as well... Vista happens to crash other apps as well... but i'm gonna use 4 gigs of RAM and XP 32 bit cant handle that.. and XP 64 has some issues with drivers and stuff... hope windows 7 will be better... waaaay better than Vista, which eats up my RAM like crazy for no reason... and i've turned of all the crappy services like superfetch, system restore, automatic updateds and shit.. oh well... like u said: vista=shit... but deserves a chance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dpcdpc11
Date: April 12, 2008 05:14PM

after setting the compatibility mode to XP SP2 it's working with mouse gestures.. but now i have another problem... with the mouse gestures enabled the Left click is disabled... any link that i click with the left mouse button doesnt work... but middle and right mouse buttons seem to work just fine... damn this Vista.. some things i just can't understand!

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 21, 2008 06:27PM

Edit -> Configuration -> User-Defined Macros not work in 1.5 beta because 'macros' subfolder not exist in profile folder.

Please add a 'macros' subfolder in: "\K-Meleon1.5.0beta\defaults\profile"
to generate this subfolder in new profiles.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Josh
Date: April 26, 2008 08:21PM

I installed the new version of k-meleon and ALL of my previous preference settings were returned to default setting. I was never prompted to delete previous settings. Most annoying!

Posted by: casper
Date: May 12, 2008 01:34AM

I installed K-Meleon 1.5 beta too be curious & when I close the browser down it crashed & in the pref menu there is no way too turn off the layers feature.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: May 12, 2008 07:51AM

Just delete layers.dll in kplugins folder, tabs.dll will be use instead of layers.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 07:52AM by JujuLand.

Date: May 13, 2008 12:12AM

Thanks for that have you had the issue of the browser crashing when you close it?.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: May 13, 2008 06:20AM

If you're talking about 1.5.0b, I have had no problem.

Have you tried to delete layers?
Is-it better?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: May 13, 2008 03:05PM

I was trying 1.5beta.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: May 17, 2008 06:19PM

I don't know if I am the only one, but whenever I copy my kmeleon bookmarks from another kmeleon version into this 1.5beta build, I get an error message that tells me that something is wrong with the k-meleon.exe. Can somebody else try to do the same, please? Is there a remedy for that?

Thx a lot,

Mala Okeh

Date: May 17, 2008 07:34PM

@ Mala Okeh:
It seems that you pass the same as this friend, look this post.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Martin
Date: June 18, 2008 03:55PM

I have a problem with loading websites. It is very unregular and happens to many sites (even with google). When it happens I see only a white site and I have to reload the site at least once, but it could also be, that I have to reload the website several times.
This problem happens never with version 1.1.3, only with version 1.1.4 and 1.1.5.
It is very unreagular, so I have no idea why it happens.

For the Todo List with low priority:
Maybe you could find out, why the backspace button is no longer connected to the back function. I could solve the problem by editing the accel.cfg, but that doesn't solve the problem complete. In that case the backspace button and the back function are connected together again, but the backspace button then can't be used in the url bar for example.
So nothing great, but that works until version 1.1.3 and since version 1.1.4 no more.

Posted by: desga_2
Date: June 18, 2008 05:49PM

Martin
I have a problem with loading websites. It is very unregular and happens to many sites (even with google). When it happens I see only a white site and I have to reload the site at least once, but it could also be, that I have to reload the website several times.
This problem happens never with version 1.1.3, only with version 1.1.4 and 1.1.5.

Maybe you could find out, why the backspace button is no longer connected to the back function. I could solve the problem by editing the accel.cfg, but that doesn't solve the problem complete. In that case the backspace button and the back function are connected together again, but the backspace button then can't be used in the url bar for example.
So nothing great, but that works until version 1.1.3 and since version 1.1.4 no more.

This is an issue problem.

Date: June 19, 2008 11:48AM

Martin

Sorry, this is usually a connection problem. (Satured server)
In other browsers shows a 500 or 550 error to exceed wait time to connenction or response from server. In K-Meleon a white page is showed.

Martin

In URL bar you can use Supr key to delete characters instead backspace or change you accelerator form:
Backspace: VK_BACK = ID_NAV_BACK
to Ctrl+Baclspace:
CTRL VK_BACK = ID_NAV_BACK
or Alt+Backspace:
ALT VK_BACK = ID_NAV_BACK

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: noel-pg2
Date: July 18, 2008 06:17PM

Running K-meleon 1.1.5 and/or 1.5 beta on my Vista laptop is okay as long as I do NOT have Adblock Plus for Kmeleon installed on Vista. Clicking on the red "ABP" button in K-meleon on Vista crashes the K-meleon browser. The problem does not happen in other versions of Windows (like Win2000 & XP) as I've confirmed this. Seems like Adblock Plus for K-meleon hates Vista. Experienced the crashes with both K-meleon 1.1.5 and the recent K-meleon 1.5 beta on a Vista computer.

For now I have discontinued use of Adblock Plus for K-meleon on Vista. Wladimir Palant should take a look at this problem and see if he can offer an updated Adblock Plus for Kmeleon plugin that can reliably work under Vista.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2008 06:18PM by noel-pg2.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.