Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: K-Meleon 75 Release Candidate 2
Posted by: Dorian
Date: April 28, 2015 06:33PM

JujuLand
Is there a way to list all the used keys by K-Meleon ?

You can see the list here, begin at line 160. DECIMAL is handled.

JujuLand
I found two other problem& :

1) CTRL ALT + ( or - ) of the numpad works only with right CTRL key and right ALT key.
2) reset function seem not to reset as it ought.

a) Enlarge with CTRL ALT +
b) reset
c) Enlarge with CTRL ALT +

The enlargment doesn't begin from the default size, but the last enlarged used size.

Looks like reset is handled by a macro and it's a "fake" reset. Kmeleon is missing the reset command.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rodocop
Date: April 28, 2015 07:43PM

Dorian
Yes, string 62261.
Full Zoom: %.0f

%.0f must not be removed

Bingo!!!!

Fixed now. Already tested (all works fine). Uploaded to corresponding thread!

You all are great, folks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 07:43PM by rodocop.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: April 29, 2015 06:33AM

Hi, Dorian,

I have tried another test which was to use right CTRL key instead of left one, and CTRL VK_MULTIPLY works.

So I think that Linux doesn't handle left and right CTRL keys like Windows.

Is there a way to bypass it ?

Thanks
A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: April 29, 2015 11:50AM

AFAIK, most of Linux distros allow to force set physical position of key, which function would be 'Ctrl'.

Not sure about 'Alt'. Look into xorg-options (GUI for keyboard layout and hotkeys)

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 02, 2015 02:00PM

Dorian (in a old post)
kmeleon.download.dir was replaced by browser.download.dir since i'm using the firefox dialog to save download. I have to fix kmprefs, but it works in abouttongue sticking out smileyreferences.

I don't know if this is a bug or my memory is just bad.

If the pref "browser.download.useDownloadDir" is false is KM supposed to use the value of "browser.download.lastDir" as the target for a download?

My pref "browser.download.dir" showed empty in Preferences Panel and my pref "browser.download.lastDir" contained "C:\\Users\\Jim\\Documents\\My Bank\\Visa". My download opened "C:\\Users\\Jim\\Downloads".

Previously every download opened in "C:\\Users\\Jim\\Downloads" and that was fine. Now I am working on a macro to let me direct the target for a download from a menu. I had assumed that if I changed the last download pref and opened the link that the download would go there. It is not. The target remains "C:\\Users\\Jim\\Downloads".

Posted by: siria
Date: May 02, 2015 02:39PM

I'm rather sure the browser is NOT meant to drop things into the "last" folder, unless it's picked manually each time. Rather into the fix downloads folder that users can set in the prefs, in "File Handling". If that path is empty the default target is the one you got, guess for other browsers too.

Date: May 02, 2015 04:00PM

James,
if browser.download.useDownloadDir is false - then KM asks you about destination by showing "Save as"-dialog.

And it opens into that folder that present in browser.download.lastDir.

That's the way it works.

Date: May 02, 2015 07:16PM

rodocop
James,
if browser.download.useDownloadDir is false - then KM asks you about destination by showing "Save as"-dialog.

And it opens into that folder that present in browser.download.lastDir.

That's the way it works.

That is what I thought also, but it is not happening that way for me.

The pref "browser.download.useDownloadDir" is false and an alert tells me that "browser.download.lastDir" is set to "C:\\Users\\Jim\\Documents\\bank\\Line of credit". The 'save file as' dialog opens in "C:\Users\Jim\Downloads".

The download folder item in Preferences Panel has "(not set)".

Date: May 02, 2015 07:56PM

Ah sorry, oops, didn't realize you mean Save "AS"! That of course should open the last used folder. Do others have that prob too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2015 08:01PM by siria.

Date: May 02, 2015 09:02PM

siria
Ah sorry, oops, didn't realize you mean Save "AS"! That of course should open the last used folder. Do others have that prob too?

I think it is "Save file as". I have the opportunity to change the name from "session.cgi" to something meaningful like "2015_05_02.cgi". I just want to be doing that in the correct folder.

Date: May 02, 2015 11:08PM

James,

and what does about:Ñ€references show? See also grayed out (if so) item touching 'save as' function

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2015 11:08PM by rodocop.

Date: May 03, 2015 12:44AM

rodocop

browser.download.dir; empty string
browser.download.lastDir;C:\Users\Jim\Documents\my bank\Line of credit
browser.download.useDownloadDir;false

Any others that I should check?

Date: May 03, 2015 01:56AM

Users\Name\Downloads is the default location now for KM downloads (and also it's the folder opening for saving downloads prompt) unless you change preferences manually that is equal to 'until browser.download.dir is empty' (that is your case, but I cannot say, how it does interfere with lastDir setting).
For me LastDir overrides.

That's all I can say about this.

But I use helper-application that remembers last used folders for open and save dialogs on the Explorer-level, so I cannot say does KM really remember this itself.

It opens for me one folder for all 'save as'-operations (save this page, image or linked item), second one for downloadable files (one from browser.download.lastDir) and their own last destination on disk for already downloaded files.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2015 01:58AM by rodocop.

Date: May 03, 2015 02:07AM

I've made more tests:

in new profile first download always is supposed to be saved at user downloads folder (exactly as I've said); browser.download.lastDir is empty by default

but after first successful download pref gets filled by the correct path and next one is pointed to this path unless you make another in save-dialog.

Date: May 03, 2015 03:00PM

It is not what is in browser.download.lastDir, but when and how it got there.

I just downloaded a small zip file and the save file as dialog came up in a folder for my bank. That value was selected prior to last KM restart. It was not used in prior session even though it was selected just prior to downloading a bank file which went to jim\downloads against my wishes.

Apparently what path is in browser.download.lastDi is determined at startup or from a save file as dialog only. Changing the path from a macro does not work until the next restart.

Date: May 03, 2015 04:42PM

AFAIK, it can go against your wishes only if 'Ask where to save the file' is selected (that means browser.download.useDownloadDir set to false).

Else I can't explain the case described.

Date: May 03, 2015 05:20PM

Just wild guessing... Perhaps the old one "kmeleon.download.lastDir" still works? Or a syntax thing? Does the path look normal in about:config after setting it by macro? Double-slashes etc...

Date: May 03, 2015 06:23PM

well...
AFAIK macro itself can change pref only at startup unless you set any additional $OnEvent-trigger.

Or it can create menu point to toggle pref manually.

Couldn't you show the code of corresponding part ot the macro, James?

P.S. I can't understand/remember what is the pref kmeleon.download.saveType responsible for?
I had no luck while searched for the procedure that changes it from default '0' value.
Anybody knows?

Date: May 03, 2015 07:28PM

rodocop
AFAIK macro itself can change pref only at startup unless you set any additional $OnEvent-trigger.
Or it can create menu point to toggle pref manually.

If you mean that "in general" for toggling prefs than it's a little misunderstanding. Macros can change prefs directly, no prob, and there's no difference how a pref is changed: be it by macro, by menu or by an event like OnLoad.
Instead the difference lies in additional actions: does the function that actually uses this pref look up its current value each time when called? Or only at startup and later not anymore, having copied the value into a variable they use instead? Or does a toggling-command via menu or via pref sheet include more than just toggling that pref, an additional action, some sort of notifier action?
For example macro writers can freely decide whether their function-macros shall look up their prefs first and then run an action, or only read that pref once and then use a variable for the rest of the session.

rodocop
P.S. I can't understand/remember what is the pref kmeleon.download.saveType responsible for?

Me neither smiling smiley Had searched for that in the past too, when I look into old notes, and without success too. Can only tell that "kmeleon.general.saveType" is about saving a page as html only or complete. But "download"??

Date: May 03, 2015 09:02PM

rodocop
Couldn't you show the code of corresponding part ot the macro, James?

I have a popup menu in Link menu which contains my choices. Each choice calls the following.
_DLWhere_SetLast {
$_DLWhere_newLast = $ARG ;
setpref(STRING, "browser.download.lastDir", $_DLWhere_newLast);
alert(getpref(STRING, "browser.download.lastDir"), "download.lastDir", INFO) ;
}
It seems that the pref is read at startup only.

Date: May 03, 2015 09:09PM

well...

changing browser.download.lastDir manually affects download saving dialog immediately.

Date: May 03, 2015 09:39PM

How does one of the setmenu lines with the path in ARG look like?

rodocop
changing browser.download.lastDir manually affects download saving dialog immediately.

What does manually mean here - calling SaveAs command or changing the pref in about:config manually?

Edit:
Okay, finally got my butt up and fired up the offline machine, testing with the links in readme.html in RC2. And... it works! Just changing the pref manually in about:config. So it's not a startup pref. Either wrong path syntax, or some other macro somehow conflicting, or some user settings... or it needs one of those split-second breaks via alert-box since 1.6... which can hopefully be replaced with the new timer function in KM75... unless it's update5, haven't installed that yet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2015 09:50PM by siria.

Date: May 03, 2015 10:06PM

Yes, siria,

I also mean direct editing in about:config

Date: May 03, 2015 11:56PM

siria
How does one of the setmenu lines with the path in ARG look like?

Here is a link to my code. It is incomplete and it is not an installable 7z file. It is not a timing matter. One sets the target, and gets a verification from a right-click. One then clicks on the link again to do the download.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/DLWhere.7z

Date: May 04, 2015 01:12AM

Uah... jason... and overall way above my head, sorry - was assuming it might just be a few simple hardcoded paths! Oops ;-)
And am just assuming again that the test alerts did show you the correct path, surprisingly without double \\ despite being used multiple times.
But one little thing I remember from my tiny test earlier tonight, no idea if it helps: at the end of the lastDir pref was a closing \

Date: May 04, 2015 11:54AM

It should behave like firefox, since firefox save dialog is used. Which is probably an issue by itself :p

Date: May 04, 2015 12:05PM

siria

The method by which the setmenu statements get data is immaterial. I could have used prefs, an ini file, or any properly delimited text file. I picked JASON only to see if there was any advantage to be gained using that form. Perhaps when read with c++ it is more easy, but I don't see an advantage using the macro language.

Yes, the alert showed the correct path. That path did work correctly after a restart.

rodocop

Do you suppose that by doing a right click on the link, that I have locked in the old value before making the change to a new one?

Date: May 04, 2015 02:58PM

I've just tested pref itself in about:config without any connection with macros.

Date: May 05, 2015 06:13PM

JujuLand
Hi, Dorian,

I have tried another test which was to use right CTRL key instead of left one, and CTRL VK_MULTIPLY works.

So I think that Linux doesn't handle left and right CTRL keys like Windows.

Is there a way to bypass it ?

Thanks
A+

Both ctrl key are handled the same with Windows accelerator. You can't choose left or right.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: May 06, 2015 05:52PM

Theorically yes, but, perhaps due to wine, ou Linux, I don't know, it seems there is a difference.

But sometimes, it works one time, and in the same session doesn't work anymore...
Curious ... I haven't find what could make it not to work anymore.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2015 05:54PM by JujuLand.

Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.