Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: K-Meleon 75 Release Candidate 2
Posted by: Dorian
Date: April 08, 2015 04:17PM

siria
Fixing sounds great smiling smiley
Just curious, what does that pref mean?
Also confused because it triggers OnLoad before a page is loaded.

The onload event is necessary for the session plugin to work correctly. But I hope I'll be able to change this later.

You need this pref if you have 100+ tabs open like me grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 08, 2015 05:38PM

Dorian
You need this pref if you have 100+ tabs open like me

And here I thought I was being busy with three tabs open.

@ siria

Do you think it possible to achieve the function of EaseRead using just CSS? That might remove one of my items from the $OnLoad event.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 08, 2015 06:26PM

My machine is used to 30-60 tabs (obviously with blocked JS and other heavy stuff), but then it starts going to the knees grinning smiley

James, must admit my css-knowledge isn't really that much better than your own, just struggling along ;-) But OnLoad is fine, certainly ideal for that single line of zoom-code.
If there's any prob for other macros with OnLoad at startup of RC2, a trick would work: use $OnLoadOnce to 1x execute $OnLoad=OnLoad."xxx;", then xxx is only executed after the 2nd loaded page.
Hmm, unless of course if this on-demand-thing fires for every empty tab again, no idea...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 07:22PM by siria.

Date: April 09, 2015 01:22PM

Since we are getting close to a release of KM 75, I have started an upgrade to the wiki Command IDs page.

see this thread: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,130307,133093,page=3#msg-133093

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 09, 2015 04:03PM

BUG:

Sometimes I switch to Fullscreen and I do all by keyboard.

When I'm in this mode I can't use back and forward to go a page back and forth unless the focus, cursor, or as we wish to call it, is nowhere. If it is in a link or other "tabbable" element, it doesn't work, what it forces me to use the mouse to click in an empty space to use the keyboard shortcuts. In my case are CTRL + VK_RIGHT and CTRL + VK_LEFT.

I was noticing this a long time, but, maybe it's me, but I think has become more annoying lately.

If I remember correctly in pre KM74/75 this only happened when the cursor was at the URLbar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 04:05PM by JohnHell.

Date: April 09, 2015 04:37PM

Another update to fix the problems of the previous one.

I've also fixed a crash when locale dll are incomplete or not loaded correctly, and the cfg macro.

@rodocop: for some reason the russian favorites.dll can't be loaded by kmeleon and the sessions.dll can't be edited by reshacker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 04:43PM by Dorian.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: April 09, 2015 06:58PM

And what should I do with this now? Does it mean smth crucial for russian users?

Posted by: zlotowinfo
Date: April 09, 2015 08:17PM

new version 75 have bug, downgraded to 74,

i starting browser with 3 sites autologged on start browser, to be online
when i opened kmeleon 75, i must click every link to page will really load
its very angry bug

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 08:25PM by zlotowinfo.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 09, 2015 08:55PM

Not a bug, only a new setting to help speed. Actually not a K-Meleon invention but a genuine Mozilla setting, was introduced with Firefox (as I learned just yesterday :coolsmiling smiley
Hopefully there will be a visible switch in the prefs in new versions.

If not, no prob: type "about:config" in the adress bar or click Edit>Configuration>Browser Configuration.
Ignore the warning.
Find this "browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand"
and double-click to switch it FALSE.

Date: April 10, 2015 12:07AM

Using the update 2, I have good results reloading a session with four tabs if the 'restore_on_demand' pref is false. With it set to true, the #2 tab is wrong. It got the same URL as #1 tab. Some tabs did not load until I clicked on them.

I am running the EaseRead.kmm module with the shorted code by siria.

Date: April 10, 2015 12:40AM

siria
Not a bug, only a new setting to help speed. Actually not a K-Meleon invention but a genuine Mozilla setting, was introduced with Firefox (as I learned just yesterday cool smiley)
Hopefully there will be a visible switch in the prefs in new versions.

If not, no prob: type "about:config" in the adress bar or click Edit>Configuration>Browser Configuration.
Ignore the warning.
Find this "browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand"
and double-click to switch it FALSE.

This macro module puts a menu item in Sessions menu.

restorondemand.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
# File name: restorondemand.kmm
# ---------- Provide menu item in sessions for restore_on_demand setting ----
#
# Dependencies        : main.kmm, KM version 75, sessions.dll
# Resources           :  
# Preferences         : "browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand" 
# Version             : 1.0 2015-04-09 
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_restorondemand_toggle {
menuchecked = getpref(BOOL, "browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand");
togglepref(BOOL, "browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand");
}

_restorondemand_BuildMenu {
if ( $VERSION >= 33619974 ) {
	$kSessions ? setmenu("&Sessions",macro, "Restore on Demand", "_restorondemand_toggle",2):0;
    }
}

#---------------------------------------------
$OnInit=$OnInit."_restorondemand_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."restorondemand;";

Date: April 10, 2015 01:39AM

I have another little problem with the update 2.

When I have a new page load in a tab the "stop loading" icon stays red, the status bar is saying, "Read kmeleon.sourceforge.net", and the title of the tab says "loading...". I had a second tab with the same conditions. When I change focus between tabs, the statusbar goes to "Ready", but the other two items don't change. The pages are actually complete, because the other tab thanked me for adding to sandbox and I am posting in this tab. "Restore on Demand" is FALSE. My dragon is breathing fire. I previewed, posted, and am now in edit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 01:41AM by JamesD.

Date: April 10, 2015 02:04AM

Dorian, question, where are the sizes of windows stored?

It is starting to be frustrating set the K-meleon windows, when restored, to a determined size, and ... sooner or later, voilà, again full screen.

This doesn't only happen with the K-meleon window itself, but with XUL as well. Might be related to the unavoidable hangs on close in Windows 2000 and that settings aren't stored anywhere after killing it, even profile files are closed correctly.

Anyway, this has become a trend since RC o RC2. Probably RC2.

Quite frustrating, really, quite frustrating.

For example I ever had the certificates window (xul), without touching it, at some half of the size of the screen and centered, going through every version. Now, is to become crazy, you don't know if you are going to open it restored but still full size or set as the last time you close.

I know that can be hardcoded the preferences for K-meleon Windows, but, what about XUL windows?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 02:04AM by JohnHell.

Date: April 10, 2015 04:34PM

rodocop
And what should I do with this now? Does it mean smth crucial for russian users?

It's just that favorites may not be properly translated. What did you use to edit the dlls?

JohnHell

If you're using sessions, you'll find the sizes in sessions.json, else they're in the preferences. XUL windows use localstore.rdf, gecko should handle this but it doesn't seem to save anything. Did it works before?

JamesD
Using the update 2, I have good results reloading a session with four tabs if the 'restore_on_demand' pref is false. With it set to true, the #2 tab is wrong. It got the same URL as #1 tab. Some tabs did not load until I clicked on them.

I am running the EaseRead.kmm module with the shorted code by siria.

If possible send me sessions.json, with a session that doesn't load properly.

Date: April 10, 2015 05:25PM

Dorian
JohnHell

If you're using sessions, you'll find the sizes in sessions.json, else they're in the preferences. XUL windows use localstore.rdf, gecko should handle this but it doesn't seem to save anything. Did it works before?

I wasn't talking about sessions.json or an issue with sessions, but normal K-meleon Windows and XUL, as the example of the certificates one.

It worked, as, as I said, I never touched anything and I ever had the same window size for K-meleon when restored and for the certificates manager XUL window that is the most one I use of XUL based.

For example, examining now the localstore.rdf, I checked if it was a window size for it, for the certmanager. It wasn't, only for columns, but I opened it and it did at full size (not at full screen, but the whole screen). I resized to a smaller one, I even click OK to close the window, just in case that helps to save the window size.

Nothing, I opened again, and again at full size confused smiley

And with K-meleon windows happens the same. I resized the restored windows to half of full screen this night. Today, if I restore the window, I have a full size window. Almost not difference from maximized to restored, as for the certmanager xul window.

All permissions are ok for folder and files in the profile and everything else.

The thing is that it is quite random. For example, I closed and I opened again before finally post this and, now, the windows aren't restored to full size, not the K-meleon, nor the XUL. Why? I don't know.

In XP happens too, different would say, but happens too.

I don't know what could be happening.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: April 10, 2015 06:14PM

Dorian
It's just that favorites may not be properly translated. What did you use to edit the dlls?

But is there need to change something in favorites.dll localized? I see no difference between old and new content.

I use ResourceHackerFX

Posted by: zlotowinfo
Date: April 10, 2015 07:40PM

i have page with 2 frame
when focus is on second frame

ctrl+w not close tab

ctrl+tab & ctrl+shift+tab not move to next tab

pressing ctrl+tab move to first frame
& second press ctrl+tab move to next tab

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/viewbug.php?bugid=1401

again downgraded to old better version winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2015 12:07PM by zlotowinfo.

Date: April 10, 2015 11:31PM

Dorian

Here is the information about the first problem that I reported.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/SessionsTest_1%20.7z

Date: April 11, 2015 03:51PM

Normal behavior or bug?

A thing I just discovered clicking on a link inside any program.

When clicking, if K-meleon was open with the command line like K-meleon.exe -new -P "yourprofile" (I remark the -new parameter as it is the cause), K-meleon then gives an error that the profile must be loaded or it is inaccessible.

K-meleon was open this way to test in another profile, the I reused the console window to open K-meleon with my profile because in profile.ini is not remembered the last closed but the last opened.

Date: April 11, 2015 04:55PM

JohnHell
I wasn't talking about sessions.json or an issue with sessions, but normal K-meleon Windows and XUL, as the example of the certificates one.

AFAIK the certificates manager never saved its size. That's why I'm asking if it did in the past. It does save the last active tab, but for some reason the size is not saved. My firefox build doesn't start so I can't trace how it's done :\

Sessions should restore the size of normal windows.

JamesD
Dorian

Here is the information about the first problem that I reported.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/SessionsTest_1%20.7z

I may have a fix for the second tab in your example. But I can't reproduce the empty ones.

Date: April 11, 2015 05:04PM

Dorian
I may have a fix for the second tab in your example. But I can't reproduce the empty ones.

Maybe I should look at $OnLoad to see if I have other things happening?

They are there. They just don't load until I click on the tab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2015 05:05PM by JamesD.

Date: April 11, 2015 05:41PM

Dorian
JohnHell

AFAIK the certificates manager never saved its size. That's why I'm asking if it did in the past. It does save the last active tab, but for some reason the size is not saved. My firefox build doesn't start so I can't trace how it's done :\

Sessions should restore the size of normal windows.

And that's the reason I asked too, because I never touched it, after resize to some size years ago, and ever opened the same size, until now, that is doing weird things, but is not isolated to that XUL windows but K-meleon Windows too.

But, today, for example, I hadn't such problems, K-meleon windows are restoring correctly, this is not full size, and XUL windows aren't opening as full size either.

I don't know the reason, there my question where were stored :-?

Again, is not about sessions, unless is related in the background to this strange behavior. I know sessions stores sizes because some day I had a look to the file formatting, but I don't know if that could have any impact when I don't have custom sessions. Nowadays I'm using sessions for holding the previous in case of crash. I "removed" the old ones that I had when you changed the storing system. They were so old.

Date: April 11, 2015 10:18PM

@JohnHell: when you're saying full size, do you mean maximized or the windows is taking the whole screen without being maximized?

Date: April 12, 2015 12:44AM

Dorian
@JohnHell: when you're saying full size, do you mean maximized or the windows is taking the whole screen without being maximized?

The latest. Whole screen but not maximized.

For example, this afternoon I said there was no problem, right? Now, before post this, I restored the window from maximized, and there it was the window, in full size taking the whole screen, so restore become useless if I had to use now. Better to minimize.

Happening to K-meleon Window and to XUL windows because now certmanager is whole screen now too.

A mystery :-?

EDIT2: Oh, damn it!!! user.js was renamed from about the last thing I reported, a few versions back, and there I had hardcoded the kmeleon.display.width and kmeleon.display.height that is the reason I always had the correct windows sizes, that affect to resizable XUL windows too that doesn't affect to XUL windows, looks like these depend on your K-meleon window size when you open them or something... I forgot completely that I renamed. Damn.

Still, would be interesting to know what resets those preferences and the kmeleon.display.XPos and kmeleon.display.YPos

Sorry to bother so much with this confused smiley

EDIT3: I see too that from the preference panel this setting can't be edited properly (GUI> At startup tab). Could be the fault.

EDIT4: Ok, last find, last edit. The XUL Windows size are based on K-meleon window size. If you open the CertManager with K-meleon in full screen, they will take the whole screen, but not maximized. If you exit full screen, sometimes will keep with the whole screen size or will get the kmeleon.display settings size, but to be sure to shrink them, is to restore the K-meleon window from maximized so the XUL windows try to fit the K-meleon window and they restore to a more normal size, getting the size of kmeleon.display preferences, that is too the K-meleon window size I set in kmeleon.display preferences.

If I'm not wrong. Quite weird.

EDIT:

MMmm, an idea came to my mind now... what about Full Screen feature interfering?

I mean, I was using in this browser session the full screen while browsing in another forum (it is more comfortable for that one) and when I'm in full screen I notice happens a thing when a full screen window is opened from a full screen window and you exit in this new window from full screen, and it is that that window covers not the whole screen, but almost the whole screen. I have to maximize them.

This only happens with windows opened from a, let's say, original full screen window, that take the full screen status from. The original, when exiting full screen it is correctly maximized.

But, also, this happened ever for windows created from a full screen window, in previous K-meleon versions I mean.

Maybe only are strange things when you use windows only as I do. As you all use tabs, you can't see this.

Anyway, what I reported in this thread, not these last paragraphs, started to happen from the latest 75 versions.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2015 01:39AM by JohnHell.

Date: April 12, 2015 01:42AM

As I don't know if you were online with all my edits and which edit you read, re-read the above winking smiley

Date: April 12, 2015 12:28PM

With this last update, I can no longer download a PDF file. When I click on the March bank statement the browser stops working. I tried both checking and savings accounts. KM stops responding.

I will go now and try my brokerage site. Same problem there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2015 12:31PM by JamesD.

Date: April 12, 2015 05:54PM

@JamesD: yeah I saw that. I've activated the old open/save dialog to test something and forgot to remove it.

@JohnHell: I can confirm the problem with fullscreen and xul window.
kmeleon.display.* are saved when closing a window.

Date: April 12, 2015 06:16PM

For me doesn't crash.

Could be because I have not set PDF as a "File Handling>By Type" extension?

I use Foxit PDF Reader and K-meleon always behaves without crashes whether I click Open or Save.

Date: April 14, 2015 04:40PM

Update 3 (requires previous update) fixing xul windows size, the last session problem, and the download dialog.

@JohnHell
I've added kmeleon.display.xulwidth and kmeleon.display.xulheight for convenience. This affect xul windows without a default size (for example cert manager is affected but not kmprefs)

zlotowinfo
i have page with 2 frame
when focus is on second frame

ctrl+w not close tab

ctrl+tab & ctrl+shift+tab not move to next tab

pressing ctrl+tab move to first frame
& second press ctrl+tab move to next tab

Any examples? Works fine for me.

Date: April 14, 2015 06:14PM

Dorian
Update 3 (requires previous update) fixing xul windows size, the last session problem, and the download dialog.

Reporting mixed results-

Sessions restore does not appear to change the outcome of the same test that I sent before. I have not looked at the JASON file, but I still lose the #2 tab and have tabs #3 and 4 empty until clicked on. The #2 tab becomes a copy of the #1 tab.

Sessions restore is perfect if the "restore on demand" is set FALSE. I think that is not the default.

I can download a PDF file.

Downloading the update itself get differing filenames depending on whether I just click on the link or right click the link and open in a new tab.
Clicking on link results in a file named "Downloadskm75rc2u3.zip".
Right click and choose Open in a New Tab results in a file named "km75rc2u3.zip".

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2015 06:25PM by JamesD.

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.