Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Little changes in forum
Posted by: desga2
Date: October 08, 2010 09:53PM

Hello,

I did some changes in K-Meleon forum template, I named it "K-Meleon Phorum 0.3".

1. "Disable BBcode for this message" option added. Also you can use the back slash "\" before BBcode tag to disable it, for example: "\[b]"
  2. "Disable smileys for this message" option added.
  3. Editor toolbar fixed. Now buttons; "Select font color", "Select font size", "Insert a list of items" and "Insert smiley" show menus.
  4. Changed the old footer text "This forum powered by Phorum.".

And other minor changes.

Forum languages were updated (Polish is added) and I fixed the problem with aditional German languages delete it.
Also I added the banned word to the error banned word posting message:

But this feature is only available for English and Spanish forum languages.
I need someone post the error message string fixed in the rest of forum languages:
'A word you have used in your post: "%name%", has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.'

Please copy your language word banned error message and post it with "%name%" (the word banned) in the correct possition. You can do changes in the default string if you need it to adapted better to your language.

Thanks and greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 10:22PM by desga2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Little changes in forum
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 08, 2010 10:06PM

Thanx desga2!

I first noticed new items when You probably were still experimenting.
IMHO the new options are good.

Posted by: slayer
Date: October 08, 2010 11:35PM

Great, thanks!
I can set the colors now.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 08, 2010 11:37PM

THANK YOU for finally fixing that german Blindflug bug, that was a real nightmare!! grinning smiley

Disabling bbcode and smilies will be most helpful for posting code and "howto" stuff - as I just noticed a bit earlier, finally no shocked smilies anymore messing with about:config, LOL! smiling smiley

The text color works well, but somehow I see no menus for items-list, smilies and text size. Javascript is on. Is that due to gecko1.8...? Am on KM154 at the moment.

Banned Word in German:
Ihr Posting enthält ein gesperrtes Wort: "%name%". Bitte ein anderes Wort verwenden oder einen Forum-Administrator kontaktieren.
(Slightly shortened, IMHO a bit 'smoother' sounding - if my german collegues here agree? smiling smiley)

But sadly it doesn't work to show the banned word, at least not for me: There's always the whole post quoted, so one is just as clueless as before which of the words might be the bad one. Or is it only my machine or gecko 1.8 perhaps??

While you're updating, sorry, can't resist to suggest yet more :cool:
In the settings tab:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/control.php

Email me about new private messages: Yes/No
Does emailing work again? If not it would be better to remove it for now, or people keep waiting to get an email and think no one has ever replied...

Which follow-topic options should be selected by default? No/Yes
Not sure what that means, but if the sense is "Do you want to follow your topics by default?" then it could use a bit rewording to get more understandable...

Date: October 08, 2010 11:43PM

Uhhhm... can't find the Edit-button anymore... am I blind or too overtired??

Date: October 09, 2010 12:19PM

siria
Disabling bbcode and smilies will be most helpful for posting code and "howto" stuff - as I just noticed a bit earlier, finally no shocked smilies anymore messing with about:config, LOL! smiling smiley

about:config never had smiley, was about:plugins
Also I recover the sleepy smiley ¬_¬ , before was showed like ?_? instead of the smiley icon. As some people haven't an easy way to type ¬ _ ¬ in his keyboards and don't like use the smiley menu I added : | to :|

siria
The text color works well, but somehow I see no menus for items-list, smilies and text size. Javascript is on. Is that due to gecko1.8...? Am on KM154 at the moment.
I like said this menus:

siria
Banned Word in German:
Ihr Posting enthält ein gesperrtes Wort: "%name%". Bitte ein anderes Wort verwenden oder einen Forum-Administrator kontaktieren.
(Slightly shortened, IMHO a bit 'smoother' sounding - if my german collegues here agree? smiling smiley)

But sadly it doesn't work to show the banned word, at least not for me: There's always the whole post quoted, so one is just as clueless as before which of the words might be the bad one. Or is it only my machine or gecko 1.8 perhaps??

Thanks for German error message, now is updated including the benned word.
The banned word is only indicated in the banned error message, NOT in the post message.
You can use Find (F3) to search the banned word indicated in error message in the post message text to replace all bad word matches.

siria
While you're updating, sorry, can't resist to suggest yet more :cool:
In the settings tab:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/control.php

Email me about new private messages: Yes/No
Does emailing work again? If not it would be better to remove it for now, or people keep waiting to get an email and think no one has ever replied...

Which follow-topic options should be selected by default? No/Yes
Not sure what that means, but if the sense is "Do you want to follow your topics by default?" then it could use a bit rewording to get more understandable...

Private messages (PM) feature is Off in KM forum, I fixed it hidden the email PM options for Control Center from Forum settings. This option isn't showed now.

I replaced the text of the option in English and Spanish language:
"Follow Topic" option checked by default

Follow topic by mail feature is off in KM Forum.
When you post in some thread and you check this option, you can follow this thread in your Control Center:
Followed Topics
    * Show Followed Topics

siria
Uhhhm... can't find the Edit-button anymore... am I blind or too overtired??
Is this Edit post button or what Edit button?

Are you login? You need are login to Edit your post.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 12:32PM by desga2.

Date: October 09, 2010 01:59PM

Sorry desga, but there's something definitely very different about how we get to see that stuff. Not the slightest idea why, well possible that it's just some user setting or such!

Sure I understand about the banned word showing up in the error message above, but in %name% is really the whole post included for me. I mean *above* of course, not inside the edit field.
And the edit-button below a post is still vanished, although I'm definitely logged on, since there is a "Log Out" option on top of page.
And there just do no pop up any menus for the 3 mentioned buttons...

It's weird that things work so differently for us, wonder if anyone will find the reason *confused* I'll try to make screenshots, uhm, when I get around... :cool: Stupid that xthost is closed (or closing) sad smiley

How does anyone else (NO moderator rights) see that stuff...?

Date: October 09, 2010 02:03PM

Well, I still don't manage to get hold of that "Edit" button, just wanted to mention, the forum time is jumping 5 hours in advance every time I click the "forum settings" link. Without changing anything, only clicking "submit", the time jumps back to "default". Had noticed that awhile before, well possible that it was always that way already ;-)

Date: October 09, 2010 02:09PM

Okay, the 3 menu buttons work now... suddenly... played a bit with the JS "strict" setting and cleared the cache etc... then reset to "strict" again and still works... So let me claim it my machine was a little overtired :cool:

But still no edit button below postings...
And still whole message inside %name%...

Date: October 09, 2010 04:17PM

Xthost continued working, above images are from Xthost.
Please upload some screenshots, I can belive it. tongue sticking out smiley
JavaScript enabled is needed and clear the cache also can help you.
I already purged the Phorum cache too.
What forum language are you using?

-Edited:
OK, I think found the problem with menus and the css file is fixed now.
Also I note the problem with banned word error message, you are right, I'm working on it.
But nothing about Edit button always is there, is showed in its possition for me.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 07:41PM by desga2.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 09, 2010 05:42PM

@ desga2

Thank you so much for making these fixes. grinning smiley

Date: October 09, 2010 06:29PM

I was logged in all the time, and language was first english, then tried german for a change. Neither has an edit button. Cleared cache, tried with and without JS, logged out, logged in, set forum language english again. No edit button yet :cool:

And shoes still take the whole post with them ;-)
LOL!!! That even works if only the image path contains that word!! grinning smiley

Date: October 09, 2010 08:02PM

Oh... I can EDIT again YES!!! grinning smiley Thanx desga!!
Man, I was really lost without that function, ouff grinning smiley grinning smiley

While you're on a roll, perhaps this could be fixed too:
If you look into the error console, it keeps listing a CSS error for this forum:

Warning: Expected ',' or '{' but found 'html'. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
Source file: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/templates/kmeleon3/default.css
Line: 283

That is this line:

*html .PDDiv {width:100%;}

I know too little about css, but that *html really looks a bit odd.
Perhaps it was supposed to be separated with a blank?

(Did I say I'm lost without edit function? LOL! Edit no. 2...)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 08:06PM by siria.

Date: October 09, 2010 09:25PM

Edit option enabled in this forum "Announcements" for Registered Users, before wasn't it. I think your Edit problem was only this Forum.

Fixed the banned word problem, now only banned word is showed in error message.

:cool:

CSS error that siria post above is needed for compatibility with old IE versions (it not used standard CSS).

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 09:29PM by desga2.

Date: October 09, 2010 09:52PM

desga2
Edit option enabled in this forum "Announcements" for Registered Users, before wasn't it. I think your Edit problem was only this Forum.

Oh thats why!! At last the explanation for this confusion, good find grinning smiley

desga2
Fixed the banned word problem, now only banned word is showed in error message.

GREAT, it really works now! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

desga2
CSS error that siria post above is needed for compatibility with old IE versions (it not used standard CSS).

That what I first thought too, and then edited later :cool:
At a second look I noticed the { } are closed, so the second line doesn't seem to have anything to do with the first, if you look closer at the code...? And comments are usually before, not after a line, that's suspicious too...

/* new class for layouting the submit-buttons in IE too */
.PhorumSubmit {

Hey I could check with IE5.5 for testing if needed grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 09:56PM by siria.

Date: October 09, 2010 10:11PM

Oops... just logged into the forum with IE5.5, and noticed it doesn't work anyway! That is, logging in works, but the whole layout is missing elements. Looks interesting with almost 100% screen width, but when clicking on a subforum ("Announcements"), and it opens, the whole part on the left (green border) is gone. Only the topics list there, almost 100% width, no buttons at all. And when clicking on a single thread, there aren't ANY buttons either to click. Can't be a cookie prob, since there are not even buttons for "new topic" or "reply"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 10:16PM by siria.

Date: October 09, 2010 10:44PM

siria
That what I first thought too, and then edited later :cool:
At a second look I noticed the { } are closed, so the second line doesn't seem to have anything to do with the first, if you look closer at the code...? And comments are usually before, not after a line, that's suspicious too...

/* new class for layouting the submit-buttons in IE too */
.PhorumSubmit {

Hey I could check with IE5.5 for testing if needed grinning smiley

OK, I already fixed it, the problem is that must be a space between * and html.
Also fixed CSS errors in K-Meleon website; 3 lines using comments with // instead /* */

Please siria, no more wishes today. tongue sticking out smiley

¬_¬

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 10:57PM by desga2.

Posted by: slayer
Date: October 10, 2010 01:57AM

I have a wish, could you please make the code box more visible?
And perhaps not allowing links, just show the url when posting code.
# Macro code
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net

smiling smiley

Posted by: Matt
Date: October 10, 2010 07:18AM

Good job, desga2. Muy bien! smiling smiley

Banned word in Polish:
Słowo: "%name%" znajduje się na liście słów zabronionych. Proszę użyj innego słowa lub skontaktuj się z administratorem.

Date: October 10, 2010 10:21AM

desga2
OK, I already fixed it, the problem is that must be a space between * and html.
Also fixed CSS errors in K-Meleon website; 3 lines using comments with // instead /* */

Please siria, no more wishes today. tongue sticking out smiley

You aren't going to believe it, but NOW with your lates fixes I'm perfectly happy - finally :cool:
A miracle, LOL! grinning smiley grinning smiley
Thank you for all your hard work!!

(PS: thinking about it, slayer has a very good suggestion there... LOL!)

Date: October 10, 2010 11:51AM

slayer
I have a wish, could you please make the code box more visible?
And perhaps not allowing links, just show the url when posting code.
# Macro code
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net

Fixed, URLs aren't truncated now.

Thanks Matt, Polish string for banned word error message is added now.

I think I can change the subject of the thread to "A lot of changes in forum". grinning smiley
siria, you go to shopping! tongue sticking out smiley
Men need a little quiet to work. tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2010 11:59AM by desga2.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: October 11, 2010 08:23AM

Desga2, you may remember that old bug about the green vertical bar on the top left side of the screen (Home/News, Screenshots, etc.) not being translated into spanish. I remember you told me that it was just a loosen character or something equally easy to fix. Can you manage that yourself?

By the way, did you receive the e-mail I sent you 2 days ago?

PS. Congratulations on the great work you've done (and not only lately but on all those last years).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2010 08:25AM by enaitzjga.

Posted by: Enaitz
Date: August 20, 2011 11:41AM

As a final admin work, I have polished a bit the tittles of the forums, to correct some grammar mistakes and to save on words saying the same with fewer words (i.e. I renamed the old "K-Meleon icons, skins and throbbers" to just "Graphics", but on the description it still says "K-Meleon icons, skins and throbbers", I only renamed tittles). Hope you like it.

I've also removed my admin rights myself, so from now on I'm not an admin anymore.

Enaitz Jar

Date: August 30, 2011 07:16PM

Sorry, me again :cool: Bug again sad smiley

Someone posted a screenshot of an edited message a few days ago, and to my surprise it showed the name of the editor. There clearly was no editor in the german forum version. Have now took a closer look at the various forum languages:

EN: Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2011 01:49PM by jsnj.
DE: 2-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 30.08.11 08:49.
ES: Editado 2 vez/veces. Última edición el 30/08/2011 13:49 por jsnj.
FR: Modifié 2 fois. Dernière modification le 30/08/11 13:49 par jsnj.
NL: 2 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 30/08/2011 13:49 door jsnj.
PL: Zmieniany 2 raz(y). Ostatnia zmiana 2011-08-30 13:49 przez jsnj.
RU: ????????????? 2 ???(?). ????????? ??? 30/08/2011 01:49PM ????????????? jsnj.

Notice something?? The german version is the ONLY one without an editor - not fair! tongue sticking out smiley
That's certainly a peanut to fix, no? *hope*
I'd happily use english, but the date and time format is too confusing, especially if you have to switch back and forth all the time.
If the prob was just a missing "translation", "by" would be "von" smiling smiley

While I'm at it, in the forum overview the "Last Post" time-format shows hh:mm for most languages, but for french and polish also the seconds. Noticed it because I thought I'd try with french for a while (shows editors and has a decent date/time format). But those seconds in the overview look again too confusing, so for the moment I'm back again at german! Oh well... ;-)

(Funnily my win98 displays the russian characters fine, just can't copy/paste them)
(Didn't bother to try chinese, THAT it can't display at all!)
(Less funnily the timezone always jumps back to chinese after each language switch)
(And thank god there's an edit function at all, would be lost without it, LOL! grinning smiley)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2011 07:49PM by siria.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 04, 2011 06:52AM

desga2,
thank you for you work. I've just seen this message now, so get my little help in translating:

Russian:
'Содержащееся в Вашем сообщении слово: "%name%", запрещено использовать на форуме. Пожалуйста, замените его другим или обратитесь к администрации форума, если считаете данный запрет ошибочным.'

P.S. But how you can to contact administrators? I don't see any link. It's not user-friendly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 07:06AM by rodocop.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 04, 2012 09:35AM

One question:

I see big spammers invasion last time and I want to help in clearing them out from forum. How can I help? May be some partial admin rights to delete spam messages?

Is this possible here?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.