K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: K-Meleon 75 Beta 3
Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 08, 2015 06:19PM

fred from nl
> K-Meleon 75 b3 update 3
Can't open file K-Meleon75b3u3.7z with 7-zip 7.38 beta, filesize 110 kB.

same here

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: soccerfan
Date: March 08, 2015 06:21PM

Yogi
@desga2

It would be nice to have an enhanced Proxy.kmm shipped by default. tongue sticking out smiley
One like Proxy2.kmm for instance.
It could be also a simple one (only toggle with "right-click for more options") that doesn't create its own toolbar but (with some line of code added to main.kmm) only uses the already existing one (e.g. PrivBar).
By default the item could be disabled/commented out on the PrivBar so it doesn't get in the way of most users who never use a proxy.
Those few using a proxy won't have to edit anything anymore after each update.

This is my wish too. Thanks.

soccerfan

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 08, 2015 06:52PM

fred from nl

Same here. Neither 7-zip nor WinRAR can open the archive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2015 06:53PM by Yogi.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: March 08, 2015 08:41PM

Yogi
fred from nl

Same here. Neither 7-zip nor WinRAR can open the archive.

It seems like the archive wasn't able to be uploaded fully.

EDIT: It just took a while for it to be uploaded. Its now able to be extracted with no issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2015 10:57PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: fred from nl
Date: March 09, 2015 06:51AM

Yes, I can download/extract it now too.
The file was uploaded on Date: March 09, 2015 12:17AM and last tried by Yogi on Date: March 09, 2015 01:52AM, seems to have needed a long time to upload smiling smiley

Posted by: jasonliul
Date: March 09, 2015 08:18AM

That's problem of sourceforge, i can't enter here sometimes.

u3 just fine.grinning smiley

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 09, 2015 09:16AM

fred from nl
The file was uploaded on Date: March 09, 2015 12:17AM and last tried by Yogi on Date: March 09, 2015 01:52AM, seems to have needed a long time to upload smiling smiley

Have got the update in the meanwhile. Works fine for me. smiling smiley

How far the once mighty SourceForge has fallen since ownership has changed.

Date: March 09, 2015 11:30AM

Dorian, it's really great now!!!

Glitches mentioned above are all gone as I can see!

Posted by: George_Hall
Date: March 09, 2015 05:25PM

K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3 update 3 can not loads saved sessions unless tjose sessions are set as the default session to load at startup.

the "Previous Session: is the only session that can be loaded from the Sessions Mneu

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2015 05:27PM by George_Hall.

Date: March 09, 2015 06:10PM

George_Hall
K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3 update 3 can not loads saved sessions unless tjose sessions are set as the default session to load at startup.

the "Previous Session: is the only session that can be loaded from the Sessions Mneu

Cannot confirm this. Had saved now test session from opened tabs and loaded it without any problem.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: March 09, 2015 07:39PM

Updated the changelog

Date: March 09, 2015 08:05PM

Dorian
Updated the changelog

You can add to the changelog something like this:
Add: Working downloads manager like in Firefox.

Date: March 09, 2015 08:09PM

But bookmarks addition bug still here:

adding with address does work only from link context-menu.
But adding current page by Ctrl+D, toolbar button or page context-menu doesn't add URL in the corresponding field.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2015 08:12PM by rodocop.

Date: March 09, 2015 08:17PM

rodocop
George_Hall

Cannot confirm this. Had saved now test session from opened tabs and loaded it without any problem.

It seems that saved with K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3 Update 2 can not be loaded from Sessions Menu in K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3. Unless the saved esession is loaded ast startup in K-Meleon 75.0 Beya 3 Update 3.

Saving the Saved Session after the saved session loads at startup may be a work around for this.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: March 09, 2015 08:37PM

@George
I have no problem to open older sessions.
Your sessions.json could be corrupted. If you don't mind, and if you still have it, I would need your sessions.json file to check for errors.

Date: March 09, 2015 08:47PM

George_Hall
rodocop
George_Hall

It seems that saved with K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3 Update 2 can not be loaded from Sessions Menu in K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3. Unless the saved esession is loaded ast startup in K-Meleon 75.0 Beya 3 Update 3.

Saving the Saved Session after the saved session loads at startup may be a work around for this.

I found a way to save a session saved in K-Meleon 65.0 Beta 3 Update 2 after it loaded at startup with K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3 Update 3

Use Duplocate Tab http://kmext.sourceforge.net/extensions/dublicatetab.7z or copy the the address bar and put in different tabs or windows.

Next the saved session in K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3 Update2 can be saved correctly with the Sessions menu in K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3 Update 3.

Then, the resaved session in K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3 Update 3 can now be loaded from the Sessions Menu wihtout loading it at startup.

Another thing I found out if last session is deleted in K-Meleon 75.0 Beta 3 Update 3 that sessions that we save can not load if you delete last session

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2015 09:06PM by George_Hall.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 09, 2015 11:39PM

The problem with the update of icons status (pressed or not) in the toolbars is back with the update 3. There is the need to move the mouse or press a key to see the change (already said by Yogi in the proxy thread in General forum).

Date: March 10, 2015 12:04AM

Dorian,
I found that you've added NewsFox to the KM 75b3 but no one of updates hasn't added the needed pref so the RSS-reader is 'hidden' in menu and inactive in Addons Manager.

Please add line
pref("kmeleon.install_firefox_extension", true);
to kmeleon.js in defaults/preferences and don't hide tasty things from your fans! tongue sticking out smiley

Everyone can get NewsFox right now, doing the same with his instance of KM! grinning smiley

P.S. There are new build of NewsFox there!

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 10, 2015 12:07AM

Dorian
Updated the changelog

I did not see these in the changelog. Do Command IDs go in there?

ID_MATCH_CASE Command Name = editFindMatchCase
Only 75 and later. Toggle match case in Edit Find.

ID_HIGHLIGHT Command Name = editFindHighlight
Only 75 and later. Toggle highlighting of found items in Edit Find.

navToggleJS Command Name ( no info on Command ID )

pageToggleJS Command Name ( no info on Command ID )

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: March 10, 2015 12:28AM

b3u3 always give me a force close, fail to launch.

Date: March 10, 2015 12:31AM

I've combined all beta3 stages in one, added pref for xpi-extensions being active (so NewsFox is now at his place in Mail and News menu) and some old good macros.

Enjoy current state of all K-Meleon beauty in one package!

P.S. ru-locale is also updated once again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2015 12:36AM by rodocop.

Date: March 10, 2015 06:32AM

rodocop
But bookmarks addition bug still here:

adding with address does work only from link context-menu.
But adding current page by Ctrl+D, toolbar button or page context-menu doesn't add URL in the corresponding field.

And one more observation: correct bookmarking does work when made through 'Add bookmark here' menu item while all other ways fail to add the URL in the field.

(To be more detailed helping find the bug - in KM75b3u1 'Add bookmark here' didn't work at all. But now this is only way to bookmark working properly.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2015 06:32AM by rodocop.

Date: March 10, 2015 08:08AM

Also, Dorian,
I see that 'restart' command of Addons Manager works fine for K-Meleon.

Is there way to make menu item linked to that command directly (giving us an easy GUI to restart KM)?

As I can find out, the corresponding command is
cmd_restartApp

in K-Meleon\omni.ja\chrome\toolkit\content\mozapps\extensions\extensions.js

P.S. Or maybe someone else knows how to add command from js to KM menu?

P.P.S. Old good extension K-Meleon restart wasn't perfect as it closes ALL the K-Meleon running instances not only one, from which is called.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2015 08:17AM by rodocop.

Date: March 10, 2015 05:51PM

One more item for the changelog is the OnLoadOnce event.

It happens when the first document in a session is loaded. It does not happen again in that session.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 10, 2015 06:28PM

Hm, perhaps I'm missing something, but if $OnLoadOnce is meant that's an old command, am using it all the time. Not necessarily meant to run after the first page load at startup only, but mainly after first page load after a macro fired it during a session. Unfortunately most macrowriters forget to use it incremental ($OnLoadOnce=OnLoadOnce."xxx;"), then it deletes the onloadonce commands of previous macros :-/
Is there anything changed with it now?

Date: March 10, 2015 06:35PM

@ siria

I just saw the $OnLoadOnce in some document recently. That had the name only but no documentation. I did not have it in my documentation.

Do you have complete documentation for it?

Date: March 10, 2015 06:51PM

rodocop
P.P.S. Old good extension K-Meleon restart wasn't perfect as it closes ALL the K-Meleon running instances not only one, from which is called.

It is stopping KM by process name rather than process ID. Autoit can list all the process ids for K-Meleon.exe but I have do idea how to make it choose the correct process id. If KM could obtain its process id we could pass that to autoit, but I have do idea how to obtain it.

Do we still do the loader? There was a recent discussion on the forum, but I got the idea that the loaded does not improve performance.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 11, 2015 05:47PM

JohnHell
The problem with the update of icons status (pressed or not) in the toolbars is back with the update 3. There is the need to move the mouse or press a key to see the change (already said by Yogi in the proxy thread in General forum).

Looks like this time is worst as it doesn't populate to other windows, so, even if an icon in the toolbar can change after mouse move (actually the move most of times does nothing this time), click or press a key, in other windows remain without any change, even the preference has been toggled.

And today, another weird problem.

I have the accelerator CTRL SHIFT ' (there is a quote at the end ') to open the console and I never had problems in any version from 1.x.

(In the spanish keyboard is below the interrogation sign that is the reason I use it (what is happening?) http://www.keysourcechina.com/img/img/img/201171222483173499.jpg)

With the update 3 of beta 3, for whatever reason, sometimes, and not ever, so, so random, when using that accelerator, it launches another macro that uses the CTRL SHIFT C accelerator.

Looks like in the update 3, the quote key is now a problem.

EDIT:

about the left click that rodocop said and I confirmed, it is still happening too. Is very frustrating to left click several times in the context menus to make things work. I found that sometimes is related to hight cpu usage, as for example in sites with flash elements.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 05:54PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 11, 2015 06:06PM

JamesD
I just saw the $OnLoadOnce in some document recently. That had the name only but no documentation. I did not have it in my documentation.

It's in the "quick reference" page, no idea if elsewhere too. But it works exactly like $OnLoad, except that it gets reset to empty after the next page load.

Date: March 11, 2015 06:29PM

Dorian
I should write docs.

@ Dorian

Are you writing documentation now? There seems to be a very large amount of items which are not covered in the current docs on the wiki. The following list is from the functions.h file in Macros2. I have only copied here the most recent items.

Would you like the KM community to help with the wiki documentation? I do realize this is only the macros statements. It is a place to start. We, of course, do not wish to get at cross purposes with any update that you are working on, or have planned.

Note: I can only do work in English. I don't think that I am well versed in C++, but there are some here that could help figure out what to put in each explanation.

MACROSFUNC_ADD(getwinvar);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(setwinvar);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(iniread);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(iniwrite);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(pluginexist);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(addtoolbar);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(addbutton);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(removebutton);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(addbuttonex);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(enablebutton);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(checkbutton);
	MACROSFUNC_ADD(setbuttonimg);