Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: K-Meleon 75 Beta 3
Posted by: Yogi
Date: February 23, 2015 09:09AM

Thanks Dorian for the fixes.
Images on toolbars created by macro are working as expected now in KM-75b as well!

siria
GUI is broken now too? No language setting possible anymore, no drop down, no dropdown list to choose a Skin, and checkmark for skin background doesn't show either...

Déjà vu. smiling smiley
It was a quick fix last time and I assume so it will be this time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siria
Date: February 23, 2015 10:43AM

Regarding the broken Help>Welcome in unzipped version, before the update I noticed "general.useragent.contentlocale" was missing. Adding that alone didn't help, only adding it by clicking the en language pref in the GUI tab (although it is already showing the same out of the box).
Perhaps there could be some startup check for this pref, and if missing that language-command executed automatically (don't know the command name)

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: February 23, 2015 05:33PM

Yogi
Thanks Dorian for the fixes.
Images on toolbars created by macro are working as expected now in KM-75b as well!

siria
GUI is broken now too? No language setting possible anymore, no drop down, no dropdown list to choose a Skin, and checkmark for skin background doesn't show either...

Déjà vu. smiling smiley
It was a quick fix last time and I assume so it will be this time.

Just confirming this. Drop down menus gone winking smiley

The cookie viewer was fixed.

The toolbar dragging still broken. I stop reporting this as I used to have now unlocked even some accidental drag may happen.

The drag of the URL (dragging from url bar page icon) to create a shortcut as described here, still broken.

The history search has been broken again. Search is not working correctly, context menu isn't working as well as should, etc, etc. It is as how it was when was broken in earlier versions. More or less, but not useful.

Fixed the download dialog reported by KMFan.

And I don't know what else. I actually lost track of what I reported earlier xD

Posted by: Dorian
Date: February 23, 2015 07:31PM

Download again, same problem than last time.
Have to check why this file is badly updated.

JohnHell
The toolbar dragging still broken. I stop reporting this as I used to have now unlocked even some accidental drag may happen.

Just tried again with xp and it works fine.
Did you change some settings maybe?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2015 07:40PM by Dorian.

Date: February 23, 2015 08:15PM

Dorian
Download again, same problem than last time.
Have to check why this file is badly updated.

After download again and check again, the history has been fixed.

Drop down menus have been fixed too.

The drag of a shortcut link from urlbar icon is broken.

Dorian
JohnHell

Just tried again with xp and it works fine.
Did you change some settings maybe?

YES.... I found now.

Guess it.

What do I do that all of you don't?

WINDOWS instead TABS.

kmeleon.notab to true makes the glitch appear.
kmeleon.notab to false makes it work as expected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2015 08:24PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: February 24, 2015 12:19AM

I have some information about why the Help > Welcome to K-Meleon ! does not work until one actually chooses a language in Preferences.

There is a difference between the DEFAULT and USER SET values for "general.useragent.locale". One has the value "en-US" and the other has the value "en-USCRLF".

I found that I could change whether the welcome appeared by switching between the default and user set values.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: February 24, 2015 01:42PM

The fix for the failure to open the Welcome to K-Meleon panel is to add the correct default in line 7 of sI10n.js in browser\defaults\preferences.

/********************************************************************************************************/
// Locale default pref for k-meleon 
/********************************************************************************************************/
//pref("general.useragent.locale", "chrome://global/locale/intl.properties");
//pref("intl.accept_languages", "chrome://global/locale/intl.properties");
//pref("intl.charset.detector", "universal_charset_detector");
pref("general.useragent.locale", "en-US");

Posted by: George_Hall
Date: February 24, 2015 04:48PM

JamesD
The fix for the failure to open the Welcome to K-Meleon panel is to add the correct default in line 7 of sI10n.js in browser\defaults\preferences.

// Locale default pref for k-meleon 
//pref("general.useragent.locale", "chrome://global/locale/intl.properties");
//pref("intl.accept_languages", "chrome://global/locale/intl.properties");
//pref("intl.charset.detector", "universal_charset_detector");
pref("general.useragent.locale", "en-US");

Another fix is to place the i10n.js in browser/defaults/preferences

which is created when K-Meleon installed with the installer instead using the portable 7zip file.

If pref("general.useragent.locale", "en-US"); is in that file the Welcome Message for English will be displayed with this method.

Also you can set the other locales as the default language for new profiles

With this method you ad locales as the default locale without having to add or change line 7 to sI10n.js everytime you want to change the default locale for new profiles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 04:48PM by George_Hall.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 24, 2015 05:01PM

Dorian,

ru-locale still has bookmarking bug when no link address is filled into new bookmark record. Even importing some links from Favorites doesn't solve the problem.

Please, fix russian bookmarks kplugin too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 05:01PM by rodocop.

Date: February 24, 2015 05:49PM

@rodocop
Not sure what you're talking about, russian seems to works fine for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 05:49PM by Dorian.

Date: February 24, 2015 07:27PM

Well, I mean this:

and it goes that way even in English.
May be my XP is missing some dll, like those from MS Visual C++?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 07:27PM by rodocop.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: February 25, 2015 04:59PM

Hi,

After a few time, I'm here again, and I have installed 75b3 and b3u1

It seems it has solved (since b3) the problem of the toolbars which moved when trying to change the location. Nice, this bus was here since a long time.

But I have always the problem with icon transparency :

I have tried to modify the png images, like I done with AuraAlpha(CNot), setting the background with a color instead of a transparency, and the result is the same ... trash

I have tried also to add AuraAlpha(CNot) folder,and it seems to work correctly ... except it doesn't resize all the icons as the last toolbar version done.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: February 25, 2015 07:52PM

Jujuland, if it happens only with the new skin system, and not the old, Wine might be using the same functions calls as in Windows 2000, or better, the same dlls.

From XP and above, it doesn't happen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 07:53PM by JohnHell.

Date: February 25, 2015 09:05PM

@rodocop: does hotlist work correctly?

@JohnHell: hard to tell, i don't have a w2k around

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 25, 2015 09:25PM

JohnHell
Jujuland, if it happens only with the new skin system, and not the old, Wine might be using the same functions calls as in Windows 2000, or better, the same dlls.

AFAIK current alpha channel transparency uses a function from common control version 6. XP can use several versions of the dll side by side.

The program checks if the correct version is there. IMHO it toggles transparency if it is not found.

Older versions off the dll know only full transparency or none or do not support it.

Use skins with magic pink for these old systems.

Maybe Dorian knows some more things You can do.

Maybe place the right dll in K-Meleon folder? Change default search path for that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 09:26PM by guenter.

Date: February 25, 2015 09:41PM

Speaking of hotlist, I just checked an age old bug and it's still there, KM75b3up1 in Vista:
When adding a new entry, all nicks are deleted when the browser exits.

In KM1.6/1.7 exchanging hotlist.dll with the 2009-Version from KM1.54 still worked fine, but in KM75 it doesn't work at all anymore.

Date: February 25, 2015 10:11PM

@Dorian, I'm not requesting a fix, as the old skins work. I already told with the original K-meleon 75 and subsequent versions what was happening.

While the old skinning works, I don't have anything to blame. Once was broken but then worked again, and if happens again, hey, I'm with an old OS. I know the risks. As I already told in these threads, if it is specific to Windows 2000 I won't insist too much.

Here I was just answering Jujuland, as he uses Wine, and Wine might use old Windows dll wrappers.

guenter
JohnHell

AFAIK current alpha channel transparency uses a function from common control version 6. XP can use several versions of the dll side by side.

The program checks if the correct version is there. IMHO it toggles transparency if it is not found.

Older versions off the dll know only full transparency or none or do not support it.

Use skins with magic pink for these old systems.

About the last line of this quote, this only happens on new skin system, not the old one.

I want to leave this clear. Old skins transparency work, new skins don't.

guenter
Maybe Dorian knows some more things You can do.

Maybe place the right dll in K-Meleon folder? Change default search path for that?

I already placed a comctl32.dll in the K-meleon root, but I think I forgot to remove comctl32.dll from the KnownDlls Windows protection. And as I wen't back to K-meleon 74 when javascript stop wasn't working thanks to Mozilla I just ignored it. A couple of days ago I saw the dlls and I just deleted because I didn't remember why I placed in the K-meleon 75 folder.

If I remember now, I'll do tonight. I need to reboot and I don't usually reboot until I just switch off.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: February 26, 2015 08:05AM

Dorian: There's another bug that I've been noticing for a while. The bug is that when watching a flash video, going to another tab, and back to it causes it to show the frame that was last displayed before switching then it shows the actual frame its now at. An example can be viewed by going to http://www.twitch.tv/werster/v/3835336.

Date: February 26, 2015 08:12AM

Dorian,

adding a bookmark to Hotlist works fine even while GUI localized to russian.

Date: February 26, 2015 10:05AM

Am currently working much on my old favorites macro again, and just yesterday discovered that this prehistoric function favorites(Config) can actually switch the fav menu folder instantly - kinda cool for macroplayers grinning smiley
Of course NOT using the native favorites(Add) then, which can't seem to change folders during a session.

But there's one little bug: when calling that Config-command and clicking the "open folder" button, it doesn't work - instead THIS seems the magic button to press when the menu folder shall be updated or changed! That is, after typing the folder path manually into the input field.

Have already implemented that "change folder" gimmick in the macro, by this workaround: first choosing a folder via promptforfolder, setting this as fav-folder-pref, then calling this config function, but now must show an alert to tell the user he shall press this "..." button instead of OK-button. Works fine, on KM75/vista and KM16/win98, but a bit bothersome.

Don't know if it would be difficult or not, but getting that "..." button to actually open the file system, AND to get a new independant favorites(Refresh) command, would be real helpful smiling smiley

Date: February 26, 2015 12:37PM

JohnHell
I want to leave this clear. Old skins transparency work, new skins don't.

Not under linux. It was the reason I made AuraAlpha(CnotT).

JohnHell

As I'm under Ubuntu 12.04, wine is 1.4 version, the last version is 1.6.

I make a patch with Fred to correct some problems with km74, and ought it was enough.
I had also installed Visual C++ 2010 x86.

I don't know what is missing, perhaps a new Visual C++ redistribuable ?

Wine allows dll by dll to replace the used dll by another. comctl32 is in the list.

Perhaps replacing it with a new one ?
The one you tried can perhaps done the trick.
Can you send it to me ?

Thanks
A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 12:42PM by JujuLand.

Date: February 26, 2015 04:13PM

JujuLand
Perhaps replacing it with a new one ?
The one you tried can perhaps done the trick.
Can you send it to me ?

Might won't help.

I completed the test and no luck with new skins.

I used the BlackWingCat Windows 2000 wrapper and the comctl32.dll wrapper included looks that hasn't the necessary functions to make the background transparent in new skins. The comctl32.dll 6.x version it has included too, makes K-meleon crash. (no instructions on how to use this file version)

Here you will find the wrapper and the 6.x version for that file (the last version 0.97a):
http://www7.atwiki.jp/win2000/pages/17.html

I upload the Windows 2000 original comctl32.dll (5.81.4916.400) here, but I'd bet that wine has already a newer/better version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2vcp7sroqo0z7yt/comctl32.dll

Date: February 26, 2015 04:33PM

JohnHell
Here you will find the wrapper and the 6.x version for that file (the last version 0.97a):
http://www7.atwiki.jp/win2000/pages/17.html

I don't think to need it. Wine has it's own wrapper, and seems to be able to emulate Vista. So I think my comctl32.dll version is too much old.

JohnHell
I upload the Windows 2000 original comctl32.dll (5.81.4916.400) here, but I'd bet that wine has already a newer/better version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2vcp7sroqo0z7yt/comctl32.dll

Mine is 6.0.2600.2982, so I'm sure it won't help

I thought of a more recent version, but you seems not to have it.

Thanks for the answer ...

A+

Date: February 28, 2015 03:05PM

Hi,

I tried to find some newer comctl32.dll version, but don't success to change something in the displaty bug.

Thanks
A+

Date: March 02, 2015 11:56AM

Same here with 'black transparency' in KM75b3 (without u1 though) under Wine in Puppy Linux (Slacko 5.7 based Shiba Inu puplet).ould I

Should I report Linux bugs?
They aren't crucial but I think this could tell something about some inner glitches in kplugin.
Mostly in toolbar handling:
1) fixing of toolbars works partly - Tab/Window panel in my old dbTango skin jumps on its own row after every restart of KM, even being attached to tabbar through prefs;
2) skin background isn't supported (switching on/off doesn't make sense);
3) 'tab closing button' when switched on makes tabbar disappear after restart

and so on...

Only to be reported as general knowledge - not bug ticket.

But the main thing is that it works!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 09:49PM by rodocop.

Posted by: jonaspm
Date: March 02, 2015 07:29PM

I can feel the diference between K-Meleon 74 and K-Meleon 75b3u1

much more stable, fast and better compatibility with modern web standards

Congratulations to all people involved in K-Meleon development!grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 07:29PM by jonaspm.

Date: March 02, 2015 08:58PM

K-Meleon 75 b3 update 2

Main changes:

- Fixed about:home memory leak
- Fixed missing status bar icon
- macro injectJS, added "hidden" for second parameter, run the script in an hidden page.
- macro getpref, fixed localized prefs
- Fixed image in toolbars.cfg
- Fixed menu on toolbar when holding left button
- Added favorites(Refresh)
- Added spellcheck:
  • 2 commands
    spellcheck(mouse): check word under mouse cursor
    spellcheck(caret): check word at caret
  • Fixed spellcheck in facebook comments

For creator of macros, you can check the attached macro. I'll let you discover the useless feature it adds. It's very inefficient but works well.

@rodocop: try bookmarks again with a clean profile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 10:12PM by Dorian.

Attachments: counter.kmm (783 bytes)  
Date: March 02, 2015 11:59PM

Sounds GREAT, tons of fixes - really glad KM is so much alive again grinning smiley
And guess the missing spellcheck had been a killer for lots of people, so that's now fixed too.

Personally I love most that all those ancient macro bugs seem finally all fixed - whew!! Those were such eternal struggles driving me crazy, and often had to give up on new macros after wasting endless time in vain, and just to get a value returned was sometimes near impossible. And the rebarmenu bug with wrong checkmarks on left-click, etc. Totally frustrating, not to mention all the bugs in KM1.7, not even injectjs would work anymore, and that's the last version running at all on my online system, as fallback browser. And until last year hardly any hope left that anything would ever get fixed anymore.
Am mighty glad KM is now alive again and fully working, thank you! smiling smiley

Dorian
- Added favorites(Refresh)

Halleluja!! grinning smiley That I still live to see that... and comes just in the right moment :-)
Then again, it seems to update only the system IE folder, not elsewhere as set in prefs ...favorites.directory?

Of course am still trying to keep my macros running in 1.6 too (and if possible 1.7) for the old machines, and adjust them automatic to a users KM version. Not quite sure how to figure that out best? Currently reading platform.ini, but getting a fix number somewhere would be easier.

Dorian
- macro injectJS, added "hidden" for second parameter, run the script in an hidden page.

Funny that free text button, LOL! Could very well come in handy some day.

And injectJS can now have linebreaks?! :O
Fantastic... and simple variables work too!!

What I don't understand yet is that "hidden" thing...

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2015 01:13PM by siria.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 03, 2015 07:55AM

Thanks for the update.

Bug
The folder where downloads should be saved can't be defined.
It's not related to u2, only noticed but now.

Date: March 03, 2015 12:28PM

I second this bug ticket by Yogi.

Downloads folder cannot be set, but when radiobutton is checked for 'save to download folder' files are going to default download location of the current user profile (even with portable KM).

And one request: is there some way to make KM know about current language of typing - and automatically switch dictionary for spell checker. It would be good for those who frequently types in 2 different languages.

For now I'm solving this problem using faked en_US dictionary, actually containing 2 langs (en&ru)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2015 12:29PM by rodocop.

Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.