Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: K-Meleon 75 Beta 3
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: February 11, 2015 05:41PM

rodocop

3) Sometime (comparatively frequently) context menu items do not work from the first click.

Then, I should confirm this.

Yesterday I had doubts if it was my mouse, that is old, or it was that the first click was doing nothing :-?

I mostly noticed it with the copy command.

I doubt it too because sometimes works without problems :-? (as now)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 11, 2015 06:36PM

JohnHell
... because sometimes works without problems :-? (as now)

Yes, time to time it works fine - but then begins to refuse.

Posted by: siria
Date: February 11, 2015 07:14PM

desga2
Do you need something for K-Meleon 75?
some spanish translation, or some macro, or xul preference panel?
some bug that I can fix, some documentation to update?

What an offer grinning smiley
I think there's still the pref panel for colors missing, unless it was meanwhile added, or perhaps in one of the other KM versions?
Guess it keeps getting forgotten due to lower priority and it's no FAQ, only sometimes someone may ask for background color.
Could be just like the pref panel in firefox, with background color for empty tabs, font color for visited links and such. All the hidden gecko prefs necessary for it still seem to work fine in KM too, just have no GUI for setting them.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: February 12, 2015 01:28AM

Desga2: Please try to fix the issue with K-Meleon having its tabs freeze or its contents turning black until the affected one is scrolled through a few times after having it open with tabs that are reloading for a few hours.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: February 12, 2015 07:37PM

JamesD
setcmdicon("macros(_K75twice_code)", "checkX.bmp[2]", -1, -1, "JS_Flag.bmp[$_K75t_face+2]", "JS_Flag.bmp[$_K75t_face+3]"  );

I am only getting the first position when I should be getting the second, third, and fourth positions in the above code

Why -1 ?? If you don't put the correct icon size this can't work. It's the same for all image type.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: February 12, 2015 09:18PM

Dorian
Why -1 ?? If you don't put the correct icon size this can't work. It's the same for all image type.

I guess my old memory failed me again. I must have put two things that I read together when they did not belong together. Sorry for the confusion.

I have a revised K75t.kmm at https://copy.com/Oh1z7sa2r2WvDyEs

It still has a problem with forward arrow image.

I will try to improve it with image strip examples soon.

Posted by: WASI
Date: February 13, 2015 10:40AM

I am very happy to see that my favourite browser is kicking. Congrats. Well, but I cant live without AdBlockPlus, what about it? can we installe Firefox version? or older?

Date: February 16, 2015 12:31PM

I found an issue in 'Browser configuration' menu (and, wider, in configeration in whole):

K-Meleon 74-75 don't understand 'resource:///' links - it opens 'omni.ja' content, but getting into subdirectories it changes address to smth like 'jar:file:///...'

So, new cfg.kmm cannot call Commands List as old KM:
$OpenURL="resource:///defaults//commands.html";
&OpenURL_InNew;

It tries now to call it like other config files and folders which are not HTML.
In my cases (at home and at work) it makes commands.html try to be opened by default text-editor, so I have an error at home PC and Notepad-opening of html at work.

So, I've changed corresponding function in cfg.kmm from default
cfg_Commands{
macroinfo=_("View a list of commands available for menus, macros and toolbars");
$ext="txt"; &getExtensionHandler; $cfg_File="commands.html";
$__path=getfolder(RootFolder)."\\\browser\\defaults\\".$cfg_File;
$__data=readfile($__path);
$__data==""?&cfg_FileNotFound:exec(sub("%1",$__path,$cmdline));
}

to next code, that makes html-file open in new tab:
cfg_Commands{
macroinfo=_("View a list of commands available for menus, macros and toolbars");
$ext="txt"; &getExtensionHandler; $cfg_File="commands.html";
$__path=getfolder(RootFolder)."\\\browser\\defaults\\".$cfg_File; 
$__data=opentab($__path);
#$__data==""?&cfg_FileNotFound:exec(sub("%1",$__path,$cmdline));
}

It works fine, but I don't know how to handle commented line properly (so I've just commented it).

It would be fine if the next build will have this working by default and also if 'resource:///' handling would be restored.

Also I have a question about spellchecking future in K-Meleon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 12:31PM by rodocop.

Date: February 16, 2015 01:22PM

Ouch... please not, that hurts ;-)
The changed code makes no sense, although it still helps by accident.
But the reason of the bug is here:
$ext="txt"
The old commands.txt is long since a commands.html

Actually that bug was reported several times before, and is kinda easy to fix.
Dorian just keeps working on the heavy stuff while forgetting such peanuts sad smiley
If KM is the *default* browser, the quickest workaround would be to just change "txt" to "html".
But better open it always inside KM, no matter which default handler for html:

cfg_Commands{
$OpenURL=getfolder(RootFolder)."\\\browser\\defaults\\commands.html";
$__data=readfile($OpenURL);
$__data==""?&cfg_FileNotFound:&OpenURL_InNew;
}

Date: February 16, 2015 01:48PM

Thank you, siria!

I understand that my 'solution' wasn't correct, so your one is much better and works fine!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 01:49PM by rodocop.

Date: February 16, 2015 02:12PM

I've also found that if copy all 'browser' folder content (except omni.ja) inside that inner omni.ja - KM restores ability to read 'resource'-links but cannot load localized readme (always showing that one lying there in omni.ja).

And the link to commands.html (for example) should be not
resource:///defaults//commands.html
but
resource:///defaults/commands.html

New KM cannot handle double (or multiple) slashes from kmm into single slash in URLbar.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 02:27PM by rodocop.

Date: February 17, 2015 02:13PM

Finally unburied my vista box again to do some systematic testing for button images. Now the bug is much clearer to me:

- toolbar buttons (macro-created, did not test skin-created ones) always use the COLD icon for the HOT state, as first defined with the "addbutton" command. When button is pressed and when mouse hovering.
Once set with this command, there is no way to change that icon anymore.

- the traditional command to change the button images (SetButtonImage) still works fine to change the COLD one.
The hot one remains stuck with the cold image from browser start, regardless whether the cold or hot one were changed later.

- the new 75 command does not affect toolbar buttons (in beta3), only sets the MENU icon.
Prob: this command overpaints checkmarks

- syntax for this new command works like this for menu icons, as example:
setcmdicon("macros(ABP7_Toggle)", "adblockplus.bmp[0]","16","16");
If there are no " " around the size, it shows the page-forward-icon

So the temporary workaround for macros is obvious and easy, until really fixed:
- Set the HOT image 2x, for HOT+COLD alike, with the inital "addbutton" command.
- Right afterwards change the COLD one back to the real cold image via SetButtonImage-command.
Works fine in all KM versions, old and new.
(Workaround-example here, for adblockplus: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,132173,132215#msg-132215)

=====
PS: there are still 4 native macros named "user-defined" in the pref sheets, incl. "places" (which hardly anyone will realize means Browsing History)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 08:26PM by siria.

Date: February 17, 2015 09:21PM

siria
- toolbar buttons (macro-created, did not test skin-created ones) always use the COLD icon for the HOT state, as first defined with the "addbutton" command. When button is pressed and when mouse hovering.
Once set with this command, there is no way to change that icon anymore.

Did you try my test macro? https://copy.com/Oh1z7sa2r2WvDyEs

There is a right click menu for the first button. I am pretty sure Dorian said the order for a vertical image strip is cold, hot, dead. I am able to change hot and cold images on the second button.

Date: February 17, 2015 09:29PM

Can you please post that as text or attachment somewhere? That page insists that I lower all protection shields first :-/

Date: February 17, 2015 10:51PM
Date: February 17, 2015 11:04PM

Know what, just had one of those 'brilliant' ideas again, an all-purpose thread for such little test macros :cool:
They can be uploaded directly to the forum here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,132229

Date: February 18, 2015 08:07PM

Tried a lot of thing lately without much luck.
- print preview : can still only get a white page.
- firefox browser console: looked like it could work but no.
- firefox bookmark: made an addon, bookmark manager and adding bookmark work, but still lot of things to do
- Services.wm (windows mediator) for addon compatibility : weird stuff

So i'll focus on fixing the toolbars commands and make an update for it.
Then I'll push for a RC.

And I think I'm still missing 'de' locale. Guenter?

EDIT: Is there an addon that could replace the current proxy macros?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 08:09PM by Dorian.

Date: February 18, 2015 09:58PM

Dorian
So i'll focus on fixing the toolbars commands and make an update for it.

I have some code at http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,132229,132242#msg-132242

Siria thinks I should enclose the height and width with quotes. Is that a requirement?

My code seems to work but sometimes, first change and after several changes, the forward arrow appears and sometimes my image appears where the forward arrow is located.

Note: both buttons are click-able, but the only menu is for first button.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: February 20, 2015 10:29AM

Dorian

EDIT: Is there an addon that could replace the current proxy macros?

The one I'm using and am totally pleased with is the one from desga2.
It doesn't replace the current proxy macro but does enhance it.

You could as well integrate the buttons in an already existing toolbar (e.g. PrivBar) eliminating the need for an extra toolbar.

K-Ext15X_Proxy2.zip

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 10:31AM by Yogi.

Date: February 20, 2015 11:30AM

Am always a bit uneasy exchanging simple macros with complicated FF-addons that require devs to tweak, or simple textfiles like bookmarks with compliquated FF-sqlite unless there's a good reason.
But you sure do have good reasons, we just don't know them.

If in case of proxy it's only the missing alternative modes in the native toggle macro, that's already fixed in proxtog2-macro, posted a bit before desgas in the same thread. His enhancements only create menu options to easier change button looks, which sure is nice. Proxtog2 toggles the button back to the previous used proxy mode, whatever it was, with default being "automatic", as in FF.
But no idea if just toggling prefs would still be enough for KM75 proxies.

Date: February 20, 2015 03:07PM

I support siria in that thought:

K-Meleon should use own macros not FF-addons where it's possible.

Also I think that supporting FF-bookmarks is needed only as export option - for compatibility.

Speaking about proxies - I think desga could find an erroneus part of xul as he offered some help with his Prefs panel.

Date: February 20, 2015 06:55PM

The current problem is the pref panel, which is a complete mess, but if someone has a fix i'll take it. And I'm not sure the macros will still work in future version of gecko.

Macro will be needed anyways and I'm not looking for a complex addon, but I understand that simplicity doesn't seem to exist with mozilla :s

Just asking anyways, I don't need this feature :p

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: February 20, 2015 10:01PM

BUG:

I just found the cookie viewer doesn't work with the command id ID_COOKIES_VIEWER.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: February 21, 2015 01:29PM

K-Meleon gets shipped right out of the box with some unique features.
Some examples:
Visible buttons on the GUI for toggling important settings like JavaScript and Cookies.
Permits to set up several Proxies and easily switch between them or to choose Direct Connection.
Mouse gestures.

The technical solutions for how such features can be kept (with or without a pref panel) are less important for the end user.
More important is that such features don't vanish in upcoming versions because some of us are using this browser especially because of those unique features.

BTW.
I also have FirefoxESR installed. Though I'm no fan of extensions, I have searched for a Proxy extention that comes close to what I have now in KM.
Nada that comes even close to the default Proxy.kmm in KM.

Date: February 22, 2015 04:14PM

Absolutely. And the most important gem, my beloved privbar, is hidden by default, so most people who just have a quick look will never learn of its existence. Sigh.

But just realized that injectJS not only works again, but even with the return function working too smiling smiley Wasn't too sure of that, until testing myself. That is, so far only did two little tests, if the gecko var navigator.vendor... is returned. And that works.
The second default test that uses title renaming falsely claims injectjs would not work, although it does. Obviously after a title is renamed (which works fine) the var $TITLE doesn't get updated and still holds the original title.

Help > Welcome! still does nothing in my portable install until the locale is manually set in pref sheets. Just clicking on en-us helps, no real change necessary.
Probably all that's missing is a default locale setting.

PS: is there a refresh menu command for the favorites plugin available already? Would help greatly with the various helper macros. So far it's necessary to drop a fake fave via native add-command somewhere into the folders and then struggling to get it again deleted somehow without messing anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 04:25PM by siria.

Date: February 22, 2015 06:56PM

siria
PS: is there a refresh menu command for the favorites plugin available already? Would help greatly with the various helper macros. So far it's necessary to drop a fake fave via native add-command somewhere into the folders and then struggling to get it again deleted somehow without messing anything.

I use this code. If you don't use utils.dll then you can erase the file using cmd.exe.

favfresh.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- favfresh.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language - Refresh Favorites List---------------
#
# Dependencies        : main.kmm, Favorites plugin active, 
#                       utils.dll (11,776 bytes September 05, 2006) in kplugins folder 
# Resources           : Registry key "HKCU","Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Shell Folders\\Favorites"
# Preferences         : "kmeleon.plugins.favorites.directory"
#					  : "kmeleon.plugins.favorites.newitemFolder"
#					  : "kmeleon.plugins.favorites.menuFolder"
# Version             : 1.0   2014-03-27
# Authors			  : JamesD ( pulled from FRA_Combo extension)
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_favfresh_Reload {
macroinfo=_("Reload Favorites list");
macros(_favfresh_GetCurFolder) ;
$_favfresh_NIF=getpref(STRING,"kmeleon.plugins.favorites.newitemFolder");
$_favfresh_NIF==""?0:$_favfresh_FavFolder=$_favfresh_FavFolder . "\\" . $_favfresh_NIF;
plugin(favorites,"AddLink");
pluginmsg(utils, "unlink", $_favfresh_FavFolder."\\.url");
}
_favfresh_GetCurFolder {
$_favfresh_FavFolder=getpref(STRING,"kmeleon.plugins.favorites.directory");
$_favfresh_FavFolder=substr($_favfresh_FavFolder,0,length($_favfresh_FavFolder)-1);
$_favfresh_FavFolder==""?$_favfresh_FavFolder=readreg("HKCU","Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Shell Folders\\Favorites"):0;
}
_favfresh_ModMenu {
### add options to Favorites menu if favorites plugin is active
$kFavorites?setmenu("F&avorites",macro,_("Refresh List"),"_favfresh_Reload",1):0;
}
## = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 
$OnInit=$OnInit."_favfresh_ModMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."favfresh;";

Date: February 22, 2015 07:37PM

Yes I understand James, but such highly complicated constructions are exactly what I mean and would rather avoid.

I just don't trust 100% juggling with all those workarounds, especially deletion actions, but also changing native KM folder prefs constantly.
If at least it would work smoothly to delete the fake file again each time, but that requires to install utils.dll.
But there are often people posting that they rather hate installing extensions, some even hesitate to install simple macros. And I myself prefer to install as little unreadable (binary) stuff as possible. So a macro would be a much lower barrier as another dll.
Unless utils.dll were part of KM out-of-the-box, that would be great of course.
And the alternative via cmd.exe tends to show black flashes, and on my old machine gives it hickups sometimes.
But all in all I just don't quite trust to never accidentally mess anything that way.

In my own system I simply do not refresh at all for that reason. It's quite rare anyway that I need to open a fav in the same session as it was added, and there's always the edit function, which also speeds up searching.

Date: February 22, 2015 08:41PM

K-Meleon 75 b3 update 1

- Some fixes for toolbars
- Fixed deadlock with "open with" dialog
- update for addbutton, setcmdicon, setbuttonicon
- about:downloads
- added automatic favorites refresh (may not work all the time)

Attached is an experimental firefox bookmark extension. The manager work and you can add bookmark, nothing more for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 08:41PM by Dorian.

Attachments: places@mozilla.xpi (139.4 KB)  
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: February 22, 2015 09:24PM

How do I get the bookmark manager to be displayed? I don't see any menu items related to it.

EDIT: Nevermind, its in the Browser Configuration toolbar as a grey star.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 09:27PM by Zero3K.

Date: February 23, 2015 12:14AM

Thank you for the new update!

Am happy to see that the commands list now opens as html! smiling smiley

And the automatic favorites update is a nice step forward, but seems to work only when adding new faves via iniwrite (which I've started trying only today, good timing grinning smiley), but not yet with our usual macro way via wscript.exe.

Did a quick check if the welcome page now works, without luck. Could it be the prefsheet for GUI is broken now too? No language setting possible anymore, no drop down, no dropdown list to choose a Skin, and checkmark for skin background doesn't show either...

Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.