Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: K-Meleon 74.0 Release
Posted by: rodocop
Date: October 03, 2014 08:41PM

I have no issues with my gmx.com account yet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siria
Date: October 03, 2014 09:07PM

Guys it's okay, consider GMX as solved, and KM is innocent.
It's in the other thread (Some weird mixture of proxy/old profile and an "intelligent" website that delivers mobile/desktop versions decided by windowsize (!) as JohnHell figured out. Good to know for future users with the same prob)

Date: October 03, 2014 09:10PM

Yeah, I've read the solution by JohnHell and reproduce it in one of the Chrome clones.

Date: October 03, 2014 09:11PM

Not KM issue.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 03, 2014 10:01PM

Zero3K
I'm having issues with the BetterPrivacy addon which is installed into K-Meleon 74. Its not showing that I changed the settings in its Options & Help tab. It shows what is selected by default instead of what I selected/changed. Also, none of the options I changed are taking effect.

If settings do not stick it indicates that an addon is broken.
One JavaScript error usually knocks an addon out for good.sad smiley

You can try to find the error via Console2.

It is often that only one thing or a setting (or maybe two) is broken - if that is the case and it is no essential item deactivate it - edit it out. You need no profound JS knowledge to try - only a little html and JS reading. You can only improve it.

If You do nothing - it will do nothing. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2014 10:16PM by guenter.

Posted by: Vincent
Date: October 05, 2014 04:09AM

How to use Adblock in K-Meleon 74.0?

Date: October 05, 2014 04:44AM

Vincent

Which? Several options posted in different threads.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/search.php?8,search=Adblock+,author=,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=90,match_forum=ALL,match_threads=0

Install xpi of Your choise and try to use it. Not all extensions work.
They are made for Firefox after all.

I use BluHell Firewall https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bluhell-firewall/ in combination with a script that tries to suppress anti adblock scripts from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/disable-anti-adblock/

Adblock Plus also works. It is industry standart. Use Forum search.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: October 05, 2014 04:56AM

Vincent

Download https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/addons/1865/adblock_plus-2.6.4-fx+an+sm+tb.xpi and http://kmext.sourceforge.net/km74/adblockplusMOD-km74.7z

Rename adblock_plus-2.6.4-fx+an+sm+tb.xpi to {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi

Then copy {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi to three possible locations browsers\extensions, default\proflie\extensions, or to the extensions folder in your Profile Default Folder.

Extract the files in skins and macros folder from adblockplusMOD-km74.7z and to K-Meleon Root Folder.

You need to "Set Firefox Extensions Install" in the edit menu you with the xpinstallext.kmm mscto by JamesD http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?9,file=822,filename=xpinstallext.kmm and reload K-Meleon 74.0 for Adblock Plus to load.

After loading you use about:addons Disable and Enable AdBlock Plus their becuaae the Adblock Plus do show shiw up correectly unless you do that and you also can access subscriptions from Tools or from right clicking the on the adb icon.

Adblock Warning Removal List has to be added manually with https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/antiadblockfilters.txt

EasyList added normally by selecting it from the list.

Adblock Plus First Time chrome://adblockplus/content/ui/firstRun.html enables the otther tracking list when used in the address bar.

Under Custom Filters the groups Ad Blocking Rules, Element Hiding Rules, and Exception Rules have to be added manualy.

If you already have an adblockplus folder with elemhide.css and patterns.ini in you profile with subsctiptions or custom filter groups in it.

You do not need to add subscriptions or groups to AdBlock Plus.

Date: October 05, 2014 09:35AM

guenter
Vincent

Which? Several options posted in different threads.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/search.php?8,search=Adblock+,author=,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=90,match_forum=ALL,match_threads=0

Install xpi of Your choise and try to use it. Not all extensions work.
They are made for Firefox after all.

I use BluHell Firewall https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bluhell-firewall/ in combination with a script that tries to suppress anti adblock scripts from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/disable-anti-adblock/

Adblock Plus also works. It is industry standart. Use Forum search.
Thanks you!!

Date: October 05, 2014 09:36AM

George Hall
Vincent

Download https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/addons/1865/adblock_plus-2.6.4-fx+an+sm+tb.xpi and http://kmext.sourceforge.net/km74/adblockplusMOD-km74.7z

Rename adblock_plus-2.6.4-fx+an+sm+tb.xpi to {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi

Then copy {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi to three possible locations browsers\extensions, default\proflie\extensions, or to the extensions folder in your Profile Default Folder.

Extract the files in skins and macros folder from adblockplusMOD-km74.7z and to K-Meleon Root Folder.

You need to "Set Firefox Extensions Install" in the edit menu you with the xpinstallext.kmm mscto by JamesD http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?9,file=822,filename=xpinstallext.kmm and reload K-Meleon 74.0 for Adblock Plus to load.

After loading you use about:addons Disable and Enable AdBlock Plus their becuaae the Adblock Plus do show shiw up correectly unless you do that and you also can access subscriptions from Tools or from right clicking the on the adb icon.

Adblock Warning Removal List has to be added manually with https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/antiadblockfilters.txt

EasyList added normally by selecting it from the list.

Adblock Plus First Time chrome://adblockplus/content/ui/firstRun.html enables the otther tracking list when used in the address bar.

Under Custom Filters the groups Ad Blocking Rules, Element Hiding Rules, and Exception Rules have to be added manualy.

If you already have an adblockplus folder with elemhide.css and patterns.ini in you profile with subsctiptions or custom filter groups in it.

You do not need to add subscriptions or groups to AdBlock Plus.
Thanks you!!!

Re: K-Meleon 74 Release not works in w9k nor w2k
Posted by: Nitrolobo
Date: October 05, 2014 04:30PM

Thank you for your effortts, but both Beta 164 (even portable) neither version 74 works in Windows 98 and Windows 2000, even loading in them vcredist.exe and the dll. you say (Windows 2000 Pro Pack 4 just includes it.)

This is upsetting, since many of us still use to run old wonderful harware P 2 and P 3, and K-Meleon 1.5 had been as a useful tool, now outdated.

Please consider to realese a new updated K-Meleon for surf with it in mentioned old Windows systems. I use unatended XP-Vista versions, but a lot of ibm thinkpad and dell 1998/2003 sometimes run better thah the mentioned in them.

Thank you again. Take care.

NL

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 05, 2014 05:23PM

@ Nitrolobo

Unfortunately the modern Gecko engine in K-Meleon 74 requires a more modern compiler for KM. That compiler is not very compatible with Win 98. A developer can explain in more detail. I am just a user and I don't do the kind of work which requires a compiler.

Date: October 05, 2014 06:55PM

Nitrolobo
K-Meleon 1.5 had been as a useful tool, now outdated.

grinning smiley Nitrolobo, it's not outdated "now", just because now there's finally a new stable version. 1.5 was outdated since many years! Personally my online machine is win98se, and if you install kernelex it can run very nicely KM1.6beta2.6 (JamesD version), which is already lightyears ahead of KM1.5!
And as a fallback browser I use 1.7alpha, that has a much better page display, but too many handling bugs. But frankly, even I have meanwhile given up hope for my old machine to run much time in the future yet, there are hardly any left out there, it's not really worth to invest a giant amount of work.

But another user here is running KM74 on win2000 in some virtual XP thing ;-)

PS: But win2000 could always run pre-74 versions natively. If it doesn't there's just something missing and may need some fiddling, but it has nothing to do with the system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2014 07:01PM by siria.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 05, 2014 08:02PM

siria

But another user here is running KM74 on win2000 in some virtual XP thing ;-)

A dll wrapper, not a virtual machine**. But in some ways we could call it virtualization as it is not native winking smiley

** when you read me about a virtual machine is when I have to test in a more normal environment as in windows 2000 I'm running things in the edge with possible unexpected results.

Date: October 06, 2014 01:03PM

Just a tiny suggestion: Renaming all default macros to "default_xxx" to make them easier recognizable in a file manager among the user-macros.

Date: October 06, 2014 05:55PM

Nitrolobo
Thank you for your effortts, but both Beta 164 (even portable) neither version 74 works in Windows 98 and Windows 2000, even loading in them vcredist.exe and the dll. you say (Windows 2000 Pro Pack 4 just includes it.)

This is upsetting, since many of us still use to run old wonderful harware P 2 and P 3, and K-Meleon 1.5 had been as a useful tool, now outdated.

Please consider to realese a new updated K-Meleon for surf with it in mentioned old Windows systems. I use unatended XP-Vista versions, but a lot of ibm thinkpad and dell 1998/2003 sometimes run better thah the mentioned in them.

Beta 1.6 runs with Win98 plus Kernel EX. A Kernel extender.
Beta 1.6 should also run with Win 2000 and Extender maybe consult JohnHell our Spanish friend - whether he can post You the newest Spanish updates (privately made extenders) for Win2000. Since there were usable updates past SP 4.

He put me on the spoor to a German Win 2000 update past SP 4. The server version of Win 2000 got MS updates longer. aimfiend posted a hexed beta 74 that works with no other files but this update for German Win2000 server. Look in this thread: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,127042,127097#msg-127097

The P III is good enough, many old hardware is good enough and older hardware is increasinly getting better. An Athlon 1000 with 1 GB RAM is legacy hardware now. grinning smiley

IMHO best use XP made tiny with nlite. It can be slimmed so it is like Win 2000.
I ran an XP install made with nlite on a P III 500, 192 MB RAM and 2 GB Space on C:/. Programs somewhere else. On my favorite game (Moorhuhn/groose shooting) it was slower but for serfing was just as fast and more stable as WinME with 98lite.

The problem with a Windows 98 or 2000 version is that Mozilla.org uses the VC 10 compiler currently and You need to build K-Meleon's GRE, exe and dll with the same compiler. The GRE is not compiling with an older compiler.

The last person that I know off who build a GRE 24 with VC 8 like K-Meleon 1.6/1.7 is tete009. He had a header file that made it possible. It was not included in the source of the changes he published. So no luck with that.

BTW. Modest JamesD is master of macros - I am master of none, no dev.grinning smiley

Greetings to Argentinia from Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2014 06:04PM by guenter.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 06, 2014 06:50PM

1.6 didn't need anything under Windows 2000 :-?

Only with Flash.

The problem came with 74, as it needed wrappers.

Date: October 07, 2014 08:41PM

Neverending story:
Another bug with commands.html: opens as plain text, because in cfg.kmm ext="txt"

Date: October 07, 2014 09:07PM

GRRR.... Vista is driving me CRAZY, even offline!! That thing has been buried for a few years now, only dug it up again for testing a bit KM74. And now after much struggling again with the most basic system stuff and cursing on that nervewrecking machine, I find it doesn't even let me open the win explorer from the KM config menu, not even the profile folder!
In the admin-account it works, only in the guest account is the prob, and others I haven't tested yet. Just for us as a reminder if some newbie says KM wouldn't work.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: October 08, 2014 01:06AM

siria
GRRR.... Vista is driving me CRAZY, even offline!! That thing has been buried for a few years now, only dug it up again for testing a bit KM74. And now after much struggling again with the most basic system stuff and cursing on that nervewrecking machine, I find it doesn't even let me open the win explorer from the KM config menu, not even the profile folder!
In the admin-account it works, only in the guest account is the prob, and others I haven't tested yet. Just for us as a reminder if some newbie says KM wouldn't work.

oh well. I use Vista too but at SP2 level and never used any "guest" account (I have that account disabled), and Vista's UAC feature is turned off. KM 74 runs perfectly fine on my Vista machine {I'm using a custom built PC with AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2Ghz CPU with 2GB RAM, 120Gb Western Digital IDE hard drive - beats having to use those old Intel Pentium2 / Pentium3 computers}.

what kind of CPU & RAM chips that Vista computer is using, siria?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 01:07AM by 4td8s.

Date: October 08, 2014 01:43PM

Not only siria uses a Vista laptop machine. So do I & I next installed a double boot with XP. And after I had all XP drivers I decided to relieve Vista of all its miseries and deletded its partition. And the reinstall/recovery partition for good measure too.

Ever since that I am satified with my Vista machine. grinning smiley

So I may qualify for an answer: Motherboard Name FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO Pa 2510

CPU Typ Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56, 1800 MHz (9 x 200)

Arbeitsspeicher // RAM 1920 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

HDD Western Digital about 120 GB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 01:45PM by guenter.

Date: October 08, 2014 03:41PM

4td8s
what kind of CPU & RAM chips that Vista computer is using, siria?

The prob is denied permissions, not performance.
Yes of course it gets better when surfing with admin rights, but that makes a machine much more vulnerable too (was extremely lucky so far with win98, but using KM with JS blocked and other stuff seems to help a lot). But lets not get too offtopic in this thread.
Just meant to remind, when a user complains that his config menu doesn't work, it may just be his system.

Date: October 09, 2014 07:59AM

siria

The prob is denied permissions, not performance.

Then install K-Meleon into the user data or user %APPDATA% folder and use portable setup that grants the permissions & is faily safe. Chrome does something like that also.

Win98 is simpler and more robust that is why it has less problems. AFAIR 98 and 2000 do not gave or have not activated the services that make XP and later vulererable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2014 08:02AM by guenter.

Re: K-Meleon 74.0 Final Release: tabs multiline
Date: October 09, 2014 02:14PM

kmeleon.tabs.multiline in KM74.0:
It works great if tab width min=max, but buggy if a greater max-value:
All lines show same number of tabs (5+5 / 6+6 / ...), and if an uneven number (7/9/11 tabs), the last one vanishes from the tab bar. It is still accessible via "tab next/previous" buttons.
(Vista offline)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2014 07:20PM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 09, 2014 05:45PM

I can confirm siria's observations about the multi-line tab bar. Sometimes 2 tabs will not appear, but when I open one more, they all appear.

There are actually sixteen tabs in this picture.

When I reached eighteen tabs, the two missing tabs appeared.

Re: K-Meleon 74.0 Final Release (gre 24.7)
Date: October 09, 2014 07:15PM

In F2>macros there are two native ones declared as "user-defined": places.kmm + tuxhelper.kmm

On my crappy Vista machine the vertical toolbar lines don't vanish when hidden.
They do get thinner, but not enough. No idea, perhaps depends on windows theme etc.. They are locked too.
PS: Unlocked it looks exactly as in James screenshots above! Quite thick vertically.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 12:53AM by siria.

Date: October 10, 2014 12:51AM

Finally got some screenshots ready for the wiki.
That system is really a pain, not even linking from thumbs to bigger pics possible :-/
That made me go a bit creative, and looks much better now IMHO, but the two direct pics are much bigger.

Dorian please have a look if it's okay? If yes I'll copy that (in english) to the other 8 languages. 4-5 of them were last updated with KM0.9 pics, if not older yet! :O

Posted by: adXok
Date: October 16, 2014 08:50AM

Guys, anyone having the problem of NOT being able to find the Edit button in Facebook messages?

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: October 16, 2014 12:20PM

siria
In F2>macros there are two native ones declared as "user-defined": places.kmm + tuxhelper.kmm
tuxhelper is a macro which allows to use some features not possible with wine under Linux (due to some protocols not implemented in wine, like mailto, for exemple...)

As it's include in the setup, I think it should be shown like others macros, and not user-defined. But it's a detail ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2014 12:21PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: Meroveus
Date: October 20, 2014 04:51PM

Great work!

My wishlist.

1) Speeddial
2) Clone Tab support in tab menu
3) Firefox Sync (password sync, history etc) support
4) Fully integrated Adblock with all feautures

then this done, K-meleon will be the browser of my dreams...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 05:47PM by Meroveus.

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.