Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
K-Meleon 74 Release
Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 27, 2014 12:25PM

Download installer / Download 7z

Thanks to all those who participated in this release and helped testing it.

With contribution from:
adodupan, naruman, jujuland, guenter, JamesD

Translations:
Chinese: Chanson Yu
French: jujuland
German: guenter
Russian: rodocop
Spanish: desga2

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 74 Release
Posted by: Mozinet
Date: September 27, 2014 01:14PM

No Release Notes ?

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: September 27, 2014 02:07PM

1、Dorian,thanks for your work!I hope you are better now,and best wishes to you!

2、New zh-CN locale file,the kmeleon.dll、kmeleon.kml、readme.html、zh-CN.jar(certManager.dtd、

deviceManager.dtd、history.dtd、netErrorApp.dtd) in it were changed.But sorry,I'm a little late!

3、There are two lines in \browser\defaults\preferences\kmeleon.js conflict with each other:

pref("kmeleon.plugins.crashrpt.load", true);
pref("kmeleon.plugins.crashrpt.load", false);

One of them should be deleted.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 27, 2014 02:43PM

Dorian
Download installer / Download 7z

Thanks to all those who participated in this release and helped testing it.

With contribution from:
adodupan, naruman, jujuland, guenter, JamesD

Translations:
Chinese: Chanson Yu
French: jujuland
German: guenter
Russian: rodocop
Spanish: desga2

Thank You Dorian and all mentioned for all Your efforts.

Chanson Yu
But sorry,I'm a little late

Better late than never. Mozilla esr 24 is at 24.8.1 maybe K-Meleon will be updated also?

p.s. German: guenter with contributions from: tux-, Katharina Weißill.

Most portions based on the original translation by kko.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 02:56AM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 27, 2014 03:19PM

guenter
Better late than never. Mozilla esr 24 is at 24.8.1 maybe K-Meleon will be updated also?

Speaking of gecko, the platform.ini says KM74 uses 24.7, while the UA says it's 24.0?

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: September 27, 2014 05:29PM

I have a suggestion and a question regarding it:

1. The Popup Blocker needs improvement.

2. Is there any way to fix the issue with some sites not showing their favicon when added as a bookmark?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 27, 2014 06:34PM

Russian locale: Quicksilver Tears, Alex Tarantul and only after all that rodocop ;-)

Posted by: Rain
Date: September 27, 2014 07:30PM

Thank you very much Dorian and others for your hard work to deliver us a fast, light, wonderful browser smiling smiley

Zero3K
1. The Popup Blocker needs improvement.

Have you tried using a hosts file?

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

It does miracles for me. Does not slow my PC or Surfing down at all. Just download, unzip and double click the exe file, theres also a tutorial inside the archive on how to revert it back if you don't like the results. (the hosts file is updated regurarly but updating it once a month seems to work just fine)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2014 07:31PM by Rain.

Date: September 27, 2014 08:13PM

Dorian,
you are great man! Simply the best!

But one thing is absent: Newsfox.

Why not to include it back in box? For example from this thread grinning smiley

This is old KM-Newsfox with chrome updated to the last version.

Or you can incorporate in into omni.ja from browser.

Date: September 27, 2014 09:55PM

More nitpicking, sorry ;-)
Somehow I think it was mentioned, but the english readme-page (Help>Welcome) does not work, until the language was first toggled to another one and back again. Otherwise the pref general.useragent.locale is not existent and the command does nothing. Weird: getpref() returns some "chrome://global...." URL for this locale if it doesn't exist :O

And in the pref sheet "Browsing>Window diversion" there's a real helpful setting "Open help menu options in a new tab instead of new window". I remember it was introduced by desga for KM1.6, but now doesn't work anymore because in main.kmm the macro command is a fix "open()" for all those menu entries. If they now open by default in the same page instead a new window, that's fine, but with the pref set they could still use OpenURL_InNew

@rodocop: I do like your sig line (always use it when needing the 1.6beta2.6 link), but you should read it more often grinning smiley

Date: September 27, 2014 10:54PM

Is now better, siria? grinning smiley

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: September 27, 2014 11:10PM

rodocop
Is now better, siria? grinning smiley

Not siria, but hey rodocop, I'm waiting for
your special 'kmeleon 74+' with privoxy and
all the other goodies in previous 'twin':drool:

soccerfan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2014 11:13PM by soccerfan.

Date: September 27, 2014 11:24PM

soccerfan,
I'm waiting for myself too! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: September 28, 2014 02:46AM

guenter
Better late than never.
Little time,or I'll translate all the files in zh-CN.jar by myself,instead of using some files from Firefox.

guenter
Mozilla esr 24 is at 24.8.1 maybe K-Meleon will be updated also?
Maybe Firefox 31 ESR! grinning smiley

NewsFox Bug
Date: September 28, 2014 04:20AM

rodocop

But one thing is absent: Newsfox.

The NewsFox bug has been around long but always forgotten again.

The NewsFox chrome is absent, the macro is outdated and leads to the old XUL URL AFAIK last used in: NewsFox 1.0.8.4.2 (de-DE, en-US, es-ES, fr-FR, it-IT, pl-PL, ru-RU, zh-CN) specifically created IMHO for K-Meleon 1.6 or 1.7. K-Meleon 74 can use the newest NewsFox version for Firefox (AFAIK NewsFox 1.0.9.1) instead.

With the next update or ASAP K-Meleon 74 should IMHO use either the NewsFox update package put together by rodokop but preferably a version of what Dorian used for testing and show casing new extensions options. Else K-Meleon 74 must not include the macro (newsfox.kmm) anymore and drop NewFox as default RSS reader.

Missing Newsfox has been reported before and has been discussed in the Forum for about 6 weeks.

There is even a fairly recent, updated Newsfox package with updated kmm probably by disrupted at K-Meleon Extensions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 04:39AM by guenter.

Date: September 28, 2014 07:22PM

Dorian: How about configuring Telemetry to send its info to you so you can make K-Meleon work better?

Posted by: George Hall
Date: September 28, 2014 09:47PM

siria
More nitpicking, sorry ;-)
Somehow I think it was mentioned, but the english readme-page (Help>Welcome) does not work, until the language was first toggled to another one and back again. Otherwise the pref general.useragent.locale is not existent and the command does nothing. Weird: getpref() returns some "chrome://global...." URL for this locale if it doesn't exist :O

And in the pref sheet "Browsing>Window diversion" there's a real helpful setting "Open help menu options in a new tab instead of new window". I remember it was introduced by desga for KM1.6, but now doesn't work anymore because in main.kmm the macro command is a fix "open()" for all those menu entries. If they now open by default in the same page instead a new window, that's fine, but with the pref set they could still use OpenURL_InNew

@rodocop: I do like your sig line (always use it when needing the 1.6beta2.6 link), but you should read it more often grinning smiley

general.useragent.locale is caused by not hsving the file i10n.js with the preferences pref("general.useragent.locale", "en-US"); in it.

i10n.js should be located in the folder browser/defaults/preferences.

The file is created with the K-Meleon Installer when you select which language you want.to installed.

So Installation from an 7zip or zip file needs i10n.js for the default language at startup when the first or new prfile is created.

Date: September 28, 2014 10:48PM

Thanks George!

Something else: if anyone is bored and has a modern machine with cool looks: the screenshots-page (<== menu bar left) could use a few new KM74 screenshots smiling smiley

Please include also one that shows that the skin background can easily be changed with user photos etc. Then again - that photo shot I could do myself, have a nice sunset, and for variety demonstration with classiria skin :cool: But that's on a machine with dull gray XP layout, so the default screenshots should be done by somebody else.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 10:56PM by siria.

Date: September 29, 2014 02:07AM

Dorian: Its been crashing silently every now and then. Please improve the Crash Report plugin so that it can also catch those. Also, its password manager doesn't work on the login forms on Webcams.com and Openmailbox.org every now and then.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 05:48AM by Zero3K.

Date: September 29, 2014 05:56AM

siria
Something else: if anyone is bored and has a modern machine with cool looks: the screenshots-page (<== menu bar left) could use a few new KM74 screenshots smiling smiley

Not so easy to get a modern machine for a screen shot. I use XP with Windows Classic theme and do not care to change that to "cool looks". grinning smiley

But this are the looks of a K-Meleon 74 with custom made skin based mostly on the default icon set (c)2009 creative commons by Lim Chee Aun used by contributors to the K-Meleon project under the GNU General Public License for the current 74 default skin. Throbber based on artwork by Romain Vallet (1st privacy plugin, old page). Display Toolbar Background active, showing a gradient by siria. Most toobars are hidden. The Privacy Bar is active, heavily edited and comes with an extra installable macro based Flash button by naruman. (c)2009, 2014, Skin and screen shot. The same (c) as in readme.txt of default skin. Means: You are free to use.

siria, could You start the section with the new 74 version text in Screenshots?
Not all are versed with the Wiki. Not even me.tongue sticking out smiley

Maybe some others can make screen shots of their skins and layouts too?

If a section is started it should be easy to upload some pics there.

Zero3K
Dorian: Its been crashing silently every now and then. Please improve the Crash Report plugin so that it can also catch those. Also, its password manager doesn't work on the login forms on Webcams.com and Openmailbox.org every now and then.

Verify whether You have not only copied the crashrpt.dll to kplugins but also have it activated in F2 -> K-Meleon pugins.

I fell for this - I copied it there, did not activate it and complained in Phorum that it did not work. grinning smiley

The behavior of the plugin is new too me.

I expected it to ask:

New plugin found, activate?

If it would not work by default.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 06:23AM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage01.gif (28.8 KB)  
Date: September 29, 2014 08:50AM

The macros "places" and "tux-helper" are listed as "user-defined" in F2/macros

And finally took a closer look again at native favorites on my KM74 offline notebook. Took so long due to first spending endless time again struggling with my own faves macro (how to get the ori link name, and then how to get workarounds for transferring the JS-var back into macro-var in various KM versions).

Now realized again, out-of-the-box this extremely basic native FAVORITES function is really hard to learn for clueless newbies sad smiley Although after some learning it does offer some very handy options, like a portable favorites folder or newitem-folder.

But for newbies the entry isn't easy. It starts with not having a menu bar on the default skin, and the intuitive right-clicking in a free space in the tab bar or anywhere else doesn't do anything, so it would make me start wondering if buttons could be customized at all (only after pulling a button bar a bit to the left and right-clicking on THAT free space shows a menu, although not yet for single buttons, only complete toolbars).
When having found the prefs and enabled favorites plugin, there appears a starlet button. Okay, but then - clicking on it opens only the file explorer, hmm. Not very helpful for a portable KM or one that's not the default tool for opening links. And how to add new ones?? After some more wondering, people may take a closer look at the starlet-tooltip and discover the right-click menu with more options, incl. adding (It really would be much easier to open that menu on left-click, especially if menubar is hidden and the fav-toolbar is off by default too)
Okay, now they try to add a new favorite in that right-click menu, and there happens - nothing. No popup box to input a name or folder, the function seems dead. Hmm, this can't be, favorites don't seem to work?? If they are really determined to use the IE-favorites system, they may now examine the fav-options closer, find and enable the fav-toolbar. But after restart, there is still only this starlet-button visible. And still no menubar with a handy text menu for "Favorites". What do? They go to fav-options again and try again with "show a button" and restart. Still only this starlet button with uncomfortable right-click. After much thinking they may finally get the idea, if the toolbar is perhaps there and only hidden? Finally will find Tools/View/Toolbars and tada - a fav toolbar! Even with a button that opens the menu with left-click! And oh - perhaps they accidentally discover that their test favorites were indeed added, just silently without a name and folder choice. Uff...

@guenter: Starting a new 74-chapter in screenshots page needs no special wiki editing skills, since there are already chapters for 1.53+1.54. So it only takes to copy and paste one of those headlines. That's where my own skills end too, just copy-paste already existing parts for formatting, and scribble free text between headlines grinning smiley

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 29, 2014 12:18PM

@ Rodocop

I need a Russian translation for the following strings. These are for the user agent mode switcher. I have all except Russian. I think my e-mail to you of two weeks ago did not make it all the way to you. I may have gotten a new ISP since we last exchanged e-mails.

Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode
User Agent is K-Meleon default
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting
User Agent Mo&de 
&FireFox Compatible
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit

Date: September 29, 2014 01:03PM

JamesD
I think my e-mail to you of two weeks ago did not make it all the way to you. I may have gotten a new ISP since we last exchanged e-mails.
Probably not your ISP. Several mails of mine some time ago were lost too but without changing any services. Overzealous spam filter or who knows what filter.

Date: September 29, 2014 02:17PM

guenter: The Crash Report plugin is enabled and works for most crashes (but not the silent ones).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 02:17PM by Zero3K.

Date: September 29, 2014 02:44PM

JamesD
@ Rodocop

I need a Russian translation for the following strings. These are for the user agent mode switcher. I have all except Russian. I think my e-mail to you of two weeks ago did not make it all the way to you. I may have gotten a new ISP since we last exchanged e-mails.

Yes, I received your letter but hadn't enough time to do the job. Sorry, James!

So, that's my part here:

Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible = Переключение режима совместимости с Firefox
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode = Режим совместимости с Firefox включен: K-Meleon будет представляться сайтам как Firefox 
User Agent is K-Meleon default = Режим совместимости выключен: браузер представляется сайтам как K-Meleon
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting = При выходе устанавливать режим совместимости по умолчанию
User Agent Mo&de = &Режим представления браузера сайтам
&FireFox Compatible = Совместимый с &Firefox
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit = При &выходе сбрасывать режим совместимости: при следующем включении браузер будет представляться как K-Meleon

I've made strings very detailed in order to be clear even to the newbies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 02:44PM by rodocop.

Date: September 29, 2014 02:54PM

Zero3K
guenter: The Crash Report plugin is enabled and works for most crashes (but not the silent ones).

A pity. sad smiley I did not have silent ones. Any page and receipe to provoke them?

Date: September 29, 2014 03:24PM

Dorian,

3 things more:

1) there are some bug about proxy setup in almost all 74's builds:

by default, no connection type is selected (it was set to 'Direct connection' in KM-1.6)
And when opening proxy settings you get this:

It looks like there are some glitch somewhere in prefs or macros but I cannot find it now.

2) It's a good idea to localize not only readme-page, but also the new start page. How can it be done?

3) Also I suggest to add menu item for Extensions manager (about:addons) and some other stuff pages (about:xxx) - maybe just for about:about for quick access.

It's very useful in different cases:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 03:25PM by rodocop.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 29, 2014 03:50PM

@ rodocop

Thanks for the ru translation.

@ Dorian

I am on trip this week. I will put useragentmode together and send it to you next week.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: September 29, 2014 03:55PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 12:03PM by adodupan.

Date: September 29, 2014 06:57PM

Have started translating the wiki download page, and suprised again to find "ghost" edits without history grinning smiley In the news chapter again. The prob is, translators tend to overlook it that way, and if someone messes it, intentionally or by accident, the previous version can't be restored, only the pre-previous...

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.