Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: K-Meleon 74 RC 2
Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 25, 2014 08:59PM

The file should have changed and look like it did for me. I've uplodaded it again just to be sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siria
Date: September 25, 2014 09:22PM

Now it's really different. Thanks for removing the old commands.txt, but commands.html still has all links dead, due to the base href line in the header.
Just noticed, the chapter about favorites plugin has a "bookmark" nick command...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 09:35PM by siria.

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: September 25, 2014 09:40PM

Dorian
The file should have changed and look like it did for me. I've uplodaded it again just to be sure.

It is changed nowgrinning smiley Thanks. Hope you'll get well soon.

soccerfan

Date: September 25, 2014 10:06PM

(oops, my fav prob was old version!!)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 10:42PM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 26, 2014 01:45AM

@ Dorian

The new "final 74" has now the updated KM binary and sessions.dll files.

Favorites.DLL is unchanged. There is a problem with that plugin. The following macro statement is causing KM to crash.

plugin(favorites,"AddLink");

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: September 26, 2014 03:10AM

Dorian: K-Meleon lost its cookies when the computer was forcefully shut off because of a power outage. Please find a way to prevent that from happening.

Date: September 26, 2014 09:44AM

JamesD
Favorites.DLL is unchanged. There is a problem with that plugin. The following macro statement is causing KM to crash.
plugin(favorites,"AddLink");

Have you also tried plugin(favorites,"Add") ?
(both not really called by macro, just by the native menu).
Because both functions crash for me on cursed Vista offline notebook with fully installed final1 version, not portable. With final2 I only unzipped and moved some folder contents so far, by trial-and-error, I know that doesn't really count, but it behaves the same so far as final1, with the identic plugin. After replacing it with the favorites.dll from KM1.6 it works fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2014 09:47AM by siria.

Date: September 26, 2014 02:02PM

Sigh... somehow I thought injectJS could return variables again, but now after endless struggling it looks like not sad smiley No idea how complicated it could be to fix it, but otherwise are there any alternative ways? The only lousy workaround so far is making the js code change the page title to the needed variable, annoy the user with an alert box to get a split second break, get $TITLE by macro, and then restore page title with injectJS again. Ugh.

A minor thing:
Gecko version is 24.7 acc. to platform.ini, and 24.0 acc. to UserAgent

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2014 11:54PM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 26, 2014 03:10PM

siria
Have you also tried plugin(favorites,"Add") ?
(both not really called by macro, just by the native menu).

I have not tried "Add". This used to work. Somewhere in the later 74 RCs it started crashing KM.

I used it to handle the refresh of Favorites list after adding an item using FavRenAdd.kmm.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 27, 2014 08:03AM

Ah, I though favorites and bookmarks worked the same. I'm uploading final to sourceforge right now, fix is inside.

Injectjs doesn't return value because it was crashing. I couldn't fix it and stopped trying when I saw that the function used by injectjs was removed in gecko 31.

Date: September 27, 2014 10:26AM

Thanks for fixing favorites, and glad there's a zipped version again.
Had almost given up last hope that commands.html would ever get fixed grinning smiley
Perhaps some day the default skin can be fixed too again to need only the few differing files in the variation folders again. A quick test with my old classiria skin shows that this function basically still works fine (sorry guenter, no offense, but as a clueless user way back I would never have realized this most handy function if not the default Phoenity variations had demonstrated it. And no, I'm way to overloaded myself, with macro struggles)

Getting JS variables somehow back into macros is really important. Perhaps there are any more basic workarounds? Wouldn't mind a fix default name if need be, just for this purpose in macrolanguage. How does $TITLE get transfered from document.title?
But the additional prob is that the script in injectJS would first have to be finished before the next macro line is executed. It worked that way before KM1.6 came out, since then only popup alerts can get the necessary split second break, which is awful. Except for the return-function in injectJS, that seemed to make it work too, although, not quite sure if in all cases.

Posted by: rahmadd
Date: May 29, 2015 12:42PM

u can get js variable value and send back to macro. u can do it by creating textarea within js and fill the content and select them. like mytextarea.select(). Then from macro you can read with $SelectedContent. What i couldnt find is how to execute macro function from js, i think it is impossible

Pages: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.