K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: K-Meleon 74 RC 2
Posted by: siria
Date: September 20, 2014 06:44PM

Came across this site, researching for my menuplus macro:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plugin-container_and_out-of-process_plugins

It seems the single plugin settings work as white-black-list, overriding the default.

Mozilla
Starting in Firefox 14, Flash is force-enabled to run out-of-process in a plugin-container process on Windows Vista and above, because of stability issues when OOPP is disabled (bug 769721).

Java plugin, the preference dom.ipc.plugins.java.enabled was added (starting in trunk builds after 10-15-2010) and is set to false by default, to prevent Java from running inside a plugin-container process because of stability issues when OOPP for Java is enabled
= when default is false, flash should be true?
= Java should always be false?

Perhaps test with DEFAULT setting false, JAVA false, and FLASH true?

(But as usual may depend on other factors too, gecko versions, plugin versions, system etc.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2014 07:04PM by siria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Preferences
Posted by: thomase13
Date: September 20, 2014 07:10PM

JamesD
thomase13
James, I am wondering if you were able to find that tool you mentioned some time ago which saves your K-M preferences and transfers them to the new version of K-Meleon. I use favorites, so the only other things I have to worry about saving are passwords and history. Does this transfer them too, or is your profile untouched by a new installation?

I have a method which will make a copy of an entire profile. I never use the old profile. I use parts of it and copy to a new profile. I have a couple of macros which I use to make copies of my permissions and logins in 7Zip format. I can then extract them to a new profile. This requires that you have a modern 7Zip installed and also uses WScript. I will be happy to provide the code if you wish it.

I also use Favorites. I never have to move that. I also have macros which allow me to rename a favorite and save it in a different folder. I can provide you with a link to that. It is in the KM Macro Library.

I don't beleive I have ever cared enough about history to save it, but it should be possible to store places.sqlite the same way that I do permissions.

Just post a note telling me which items you wish.

I would be interested in using these macros if they are easier/better than just copying over the new profile folder with the old one.

I would like to save:
  • Usernames/passwords
  • Settings/Preferences; especially for toolbar positions
  • History, if it is not too much trouble. I like to save my history, although as you say, it's not a huge deal for me either if it is lost.
  • Saved sessions. I have a number of these that I really do want to keep. In IE, you just save a session as a folder in Favorites. I think the K-M way is better, but as long as I can keep them from one version to another!
  • My improved version of the Klassic skin (which I will release once I get around to polishing it up).

I currently have 7-Zip 9.22 beta installed. I don't usually use betas, but it was recommended for some reason.

I do use your FavRenAdd macro every day and it's great, but I'm quite honestly confused as to why it isn't included as part of the Favorites plugin. It seems to me like pretty basic functionality that any user of Favorites would want, so I don't know why it wouldn't be part of the plugin if it is to be included in the standard K-M installer! There is literally no other way to choose the directory and name of Favorite unless you do it after the fact — the bookmark system allows this!

FavRenAdd includes almost everything, even buttons for most context menus. The only thing it's missing is the "Rename-Add Link to Favorites" button when right-clicking on a hyperlink. This would be a nice addition!

siria
thomase13
I can hardly believe the second RC is already out!

RC2? :cool: flip back at the previous page, Dorian 16.Sep ;-) But still has a few severe probs, so I consider it rather RC3

PS: you may just try to copy your whole profile folder. Except the skin settings, those are in the program folder (but I think they work from the profile folder too, avoids writing probs)

I guess I thought of it as "Final version of RC 2", but I suppose it makes more sense to think of it as RC 3, since it is a new installer executable version.

guenter
thomase13
am wondering if you were able to find that tool you mentioned some time ago which saves your K-M preferences and transfers them to the new version of K-Meleon.
Thanks,
Thomas

Greetings to Canada. I have studied some time at U VIC, 1975+. Victoria, BC.

On the other side and milenium.

[offtopic]
Greetings to Germany.
That is pretty cool!
Canada is not too bad... if only Mr. Harper would just step down from the throne already! Thank goodness it's just over a year left at most until he gets voted out! grinning smiley

I would love to visit Germany though. I tried taking German this year, but my professor was a Frenchman trying to teach German to English students, very disorganized, thick accent, mumbled his words. Hopefully next year! (YN)
[/offtopic]

guenter
Just copy the used profile folder of any previous 74 into the newly created used profile folder of the new issue. Saves prefs and PWDs and all. ALL WILL WORK. Maybe also skins if U use a non standart skin, and extensions/addons if any FF ones are used.

p.s. Prefs are inside prefs.js ... a mere copy job, no toolz needed.

And all is in used profile. And K-Meleon profiles do not knw their place on HDD or any where. grinning smiley Only relative locations. For default settings...

That does sound simple to just copy the old profile folder over as well as my Klassic skin. It looks like my saved sessions are in prefs.js as well.

I guess that is what I'll do unless James has a compelling reason that using the old profile is a bad idea tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 21, 2014 02:01AM

I was not home to answer today. I will try to get some items ready tomorrow.

Saving the whole profile works. Drawbacks are space. I did not want cache and history. And there is also startupCache that does not travel between installations.

If you want the whole profile, one option is this:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmResProfile

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: September 21, 2014 04:04AM

I have a crash and a bug to report regarding the Netscape Bookmarks plugin. They are:

1. It crashes when trying to bookmark a page that is set to reload continuously.
2. Its not filling in the URL of the page being bookmarked.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: September 21, 2014 07:35AM

Zero3K
I have a crash and a bug to report regarding the Netscape Bookmarks plugin. They are:

1. It crashes when trying to bookmark a page that is set to reload continuously.

i met case 1 too when bookmarking a local page.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 21, 2014 09:56AM

siria
Came across this site, researching for my menuplus macro:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plugin-container_and_out-of-process_plugins

It seems the single plugin settings work as white-black-list, overriding the default. ....

Tried all settings. Either no sound on google translator or Youtube freeze.
Additional problem. Change of settings seems to needs restart.

thomase13

I would like to save:
  • Usernames/passwords
  • Settings/Preferences; especially for toolbar positions
  • History, if it is not too much trouble. I like to save my history, although as you say, it's not a huge deal for me either if it is lost.
  • Saved sessions. I have a number of these that I really do want to keep. In IE, you just save a session as a folder in Favorites. I think the K-M way is better, but as long as I can keep them from one version to another!
  • My improved version of the Klassic skin (which I will release once I get around to polishing it up).

That does sound simple to just copy the old profile folder over as well as my Klassic skin. It looks like my saved sessions are in prefs.js as well.

Toolz and extensions for backup. Additionally to what was mentioned.

http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/ Bookmark Backup.

This extension has been ported and adapted to K-Meleon 1.x needs.
But now You would start from the current version for Firefox.

You can add files to be backed up manually.

Or You could edit its chrome file groups.js to backup K-Meleon specific files (examples red) and skip others only relevant to Firefox:

var BackupGroups = {

_default: ['places.sqlite', 'bookmarks_backup.html', 'opera.adr'], // The files in this hidden group are always backed up
	history: ['sessionstore.js', /* Obsolete: */ 'history.dat'],
	frmHistory: ['formhistory.sqlite', /* Obsolete: */ 'formhistory.dat'],
	dlHistory: ['downloads.sqlite', /* Obsolete: */ 'downloads.rdf'],
	passwords: ['key3.db', 'signons.sqlite', /* Obsolete: */ 'signons3.txt', 'signons2.txt', 'signons.txt', '*.s'],
	cookies: ['cookies.sqlite', 'webappsstore.sqlite', /* Obsolete: */ 'cookies.txt'],
	searchEngines: ['search.sqlite', 'searchplugins', 'search.xml'],
	persDict: ['persdict.dat'],
	perms: ['permissions.sqlite', /* Obsolete: */ 'hostperm.1'],
	prefs: ['prefs.js', 'content-prefs.sqlite'],
	layout: ['localstore.rdf'],
	fileTypes: ['mimeTypes.rdf'],
	security: ['cert8.db', 'secmod.db', 'cert_override.txt'],
	userFiles: ['user.js', 'chrome/userChrome.css', 'chrome/userContent.css']
};

Yes the sessions and so on are in prefs.js. smiling smiley

I have not tried whether the backup would know wild cards like "macros/*.kmm"
and extensions/*.xpi or only extensions/*.

And I do not remember/know how You could get a path to /skins/...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2014 10:25AM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage01.gif (15.6 KB)  
Date: September 21, 2014 10:49AM

guenter
Tried all settings. Either no sound on google translator or Youtube freeze.
Additional problem. Change of settings seems to needs restart.

What a mess. Thanks for info!

The KM rootfolder you can get automatic, but I doubt that helps anything in this case:
resource:///skins

Sorry that was wrong. For KM74 the resource folder is now KM/browser /omni.ja :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 07:17AM by siria.

Date: September 21, 2014 11:07AM

Zero3K

I confirm. XP PRO SP3. 74 newest version.
Even with the slow default reload frequency of every 120 seconds.

Page tested: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/

siria
What a mess. Thanks for info!

The KM rootfolder you can get automatic, but I doubt that helps anything in this case:
resource:///skins

1.) Yes. IMHO list it as a known issue that will not fix.
Then people that need Google translator will know what to do.

2.) Thank You siria. I knew I had used something to make the first KM version of "bookmark backup" find other places than Profile. Maybe it still works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2014 11:12AM by guenter.

Date: September 21, 2014 12:39PM

thomase13
I would like to save:

Usernames/passwords
Settings/Preferences; especially for toolbar positions
History, if it is not too much trouble. I like to save my history, although as you say, it's not a huge deal for me either if it is lost.
Saved sessions. I have a number of these that I really do want to keep. In IE, you just save a session as a folder in Favorites. I think the K-M way is better, but as long as I can keep them from one version to another!
My improved version of the Klassic skin (which I will release once I get around to polishing it up).

I have not done history. My profile takes 114 megabytes on disk. My reserve files for permissions, logins, and groups together take only 12 kilobytes. The two systems for permissions and logins can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/Res_pgm.7z

They were not written with the intent of publishing them. You have to make sure that you check the path to execute the command line version of 7Zip. It is in the js file and mine looks like this. C:\\Program Files\\7-Zip\\7zG.exe

Do not change the "a" at the end of that string. It is a command line switch.

I don't often uses sessions because it replaces everything. I use groups instead. It is not better. It is just different and has its own import/export system. You can find it here:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/extensions/groups2.7z

About the position of toolbars/buttons on a skin, I have a program which I use to save the current position. It way designed to save them when changing skins but should work in a new profile also. It requires the KM restart system. I will have to get those files together and put them somewhere for download. Watch for another post.

You might want to add this "refresh favorites" to you system.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/favfresh.7z

Date: September 21, 2014 02:34PM

Zero3K

I have learned of another issue regarding it. It is:

3. Having a bookmark with no URL assigned to it in a folder that has a nickname assigned to it results in that assigned nickname doing nothing when inputted into the Address Bar.

Posted by: adXok
Date: September 21, 2014 02:52PM

Thanks for the tweak and the warning if it is enabled to true.

So maybe the problem with the Google Translator Audio button for speach is in the Gecko engine?! Ok, I do not understand programming so I will be hubly awaiting any solving to it.
smiling smiley

Date: September 21, 2014 03:30PM

@ thomase13

Here is the link to SkinSwitch plus RestartKM:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/SS_restartkm.7z

SkinSwitch was designed to allow a user to maintain toolbar positions for several skins and switch between them. You could adapt it this way. Load your skin, position the toolbars as you wish them and then under the EDIT menu choose Manage Skins the Save current layout. Then you can copy the file "MyKlassic-skin.ini" to a safe location. MyKlassic will be replaced by the name of the skin you are using.

Copy the Skin name-skin.ini to the new profile. Start KM and load your skin. It will have whatever positions are its default and KM will remember that it has read the skin.js file. Go to Manage Skins and choose Change to saved skin. The macro will allow you to pick the Skin name-skin.ini file. It should then restart with layout of your skin in place.

Posted by: thomase13
Date: September 21, 2014 07:06PM

James and guenter: Thank you for the information and tools!
I feel like KMM ResMacro would be best for my purposes.
My whole profile is 21.6 MB. I wondered what was taking up so much space, and the largest files are "places.sqlite" at 10 MB, and "webappsstore.sqlite" at 6.65 MB. Are these files needed? There is an awful lot of white space in them! The next biggest is "cookies.sqlite", which is 1.5 MB, but I assume would be needed.

The skin part is not as important, since it doesn't usually change, but I will look into the SkinSwitch thing if the toolbar bug does not go away.

How do Sessions replace everything?

What does refresh favorites do to your favorites?
It couldn't refresh them in the K-M menu once you add a new one without restarting, could it? :O

Date: September 21, 2014 07:34PM

thomase13

and the largest files are "places.sqlite" at 10 MB, and "webappsstore.sqlite" at 6.65 MB. Are these files needed? There is an awful lot of white space in them! The next biggest is "cookies.sqlite", which is 1.5 MB, but I assume would be needed.

The skin part is not as important, since it doesn't usually change, but I will look into the SkinSwitch thing if the toolbar bug does not go away.

It couldn't refresh them in the K-M menu once you add a new one without restarting, could it? :O

1.) history and so. IMHO possibly needed.
To inspect closer try toolz at: http://www.google.com/search?q=sqlite%20viewer

2.) http://kb.mozillazine.org/Webappsstore.sqlite Probably can be deleted.

For both maybe look also at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/ - http://sqlitebrowser.org/

Optimize sqlite data bases: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/sqlite-optimizer/?src=ss

If I remmber right - I tested it. Worked 4 km 74 pre RC.

3.) siria's post shows, it might be possible to automatically backup a skin.
AFAIR it was used in the first version of bookmarks backup for km.
But I'd not spent time on it (again). As You wrote: skins only need a backup once.grinning smiley

4.) Sessions are in prefs.js. IMHO the resets write new values there.

5.) favorites: No idea. Maybe try it out?

Logic: Windows has a function to verify values. But I have never heard of it. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2014 07:41PM by guenter.

Date: September 21, 2014 07:54PM

guenter
thomase13

and the largest files are "places.sqlite" at 10 MB, and "webappsstore.sqlite" at 6.65 MB. Are these files needed? There is an awful lot of white space in them! The next biggest is "cookies.sqlite", which is 1.5 MB, but I assume would be needed.

1.) history and so. IMHO possibly needed.
To inspect closer try toolz at: http://www.google.com/search?q=sqlite%20viewer

2.) http://kb.mozillazine.org/Webappsstore.sqlite Probably can be deleted.

For both maybe look also at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/ - http://sqlitebrowser.org/

Optimize sqlite data bases: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/sqlite-optimizer/?src=ss

If I remmber right - I tested it. Worked 4 km 74 pre RC.

3.) siria's post shows, it might be possible to automatically backup a skin.
AFAIR it was used in the first version of bookmarks backup for km.
But I'd not spent time on it (again). As You wrote: skins only need a backup once.grinning smiley

4.) Sessions are in prefs.js. IMHO the resets write new values there.

5.) favorites: No idea. Maybe try it out?

Logic: Windows has a function to verify values. But I have never heard of it. smiling smiley

SQLite Optimizer dosen't work in the latest build of K-Meleon 74 (Final/RC3). It installs but doesn't Re-Index/Vacuum the Databases when clicking the "REINDEX now" button.

Date: September 21, 2014 08:11PM

Favorites: Yeah that's why I asked about adding more functions a bit back. The KM1.6 version can only refresh new favorites natively when the native KM "add"-function is used, but at the time it could (or still can?) NOT rename a new fave nor choose a folder, if I remember correctly. And the alternative ways used by the various helper macros can do this, but not refresh. So all helper macros struggle with more or less complicated workarounds, which aren't quite reliable if someone has played with about:config or other ways. That's why we could use a real refresh command directly from the plugin. Or much better of course, modernize the built-in add function.

Personally I'm still using an ancient macro by kko, after finally having managed to get it working in KM1.5. This simply calls the native IE function with all options, and can also rename links when adding them. Of course, again no refresh in KM-menu without workarounds. But if absolutely necessary I can still click "Fav./Edit" and open them in a windows explorer window. The bigger prob is: when I once tried it on my more modern notebook, it didn't work due to some stupid security setting - as always, nothing worked on that &%"$!!

Date: September 21, 2014 08:18PM

Skin probs, was that about the toolbars.cfg not getting saved, or other??
Don't know much, only that long ago I had tested what happens when I copy a skin folder simply into my profile, and it did work from there.
Perhaps it would already suffice to just copy over the skin folder structure and the toolbars.cfg?
But I suppose it would have to be edited manually from an explorer window, since the KM command Edit>Config>Toolbars most likely only looks in the program folder. If needed it could probably be replaced by a macro command, looking in the profile folder, should be rather easy.

Date: September 21, 2014 08:24PM

@ thomase13

DON'T USE THE FAVORITES REFRESH! It no longer works in KM 74. I am checking to see why.

EDIT:

The favorites plugin is faulting on the command "plugin(favorites,"AddLink");"

This is the report:
Faulting application name: k-meleon.exe, version: 74.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54188354
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.30319.1, time stamp: 0x4ba1dbbe
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000128ed
Faulting process id: 0x141c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd5db6927a7db
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\k-meleon.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: aeceb675-41ce-11e4-8b12-90fba6edafc3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2014 08:51PM by JamesD.

Posted by: Drew
Date: September 21, 2014 10:14PM

Shouldn't someone update the Home or Download page to include the final release?

Date: September 22, 2014 12:23AM

I think that would be Dorian. When he is ready, he will.

Date: September 22, 2014 12:36AM

@ thomase13

You had asked about saving sessions. I had completely forgotten that I did this back in 2011.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/CarrySession.7z

I have not tried it recently, but I hope it will work. I just found it when I was cleaning up my dropbox folder.

Date: September 22, 2014 07:22AM

@guenter: Finally got around to take a first look at KM74, after digging up my other notebook. First result: the "resource" folder is not the rootfolder anymore, but KM/browser/omni.ja :-(

Date: September 22, 2014 08:47AM

SENSATION!! (for me tongue sticking out smiley)
Just discovered that in KM74 in skins toolbars.cfg menu names can also be put on left-click, without any tricks, simply by typing the menu name! For the first time in KM-history it's *finally* possible to get the correct checkmarks on left-click menu buttons, because rebarmenu-plugin is not needed anymore for it! And rebarmenu still has that checkmarks bug.
Just not sure yet if that also works for macro-created buttons, but can only test later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 10:56AM by siria.

Date: September 22, 2014 07:40PM

siria
SENSATION!! (for me tongue sticking out smiley)
Just discovered that in KM74 in skins toolbars.cfg menu names can also be put on left-click, without any tricks, simply by typing the menu name! For the first time in KM-history it's *finally* possible to get the correct checkmarks on left-click menu buttons, because rebarmenu-plugin is not needed anymore for it! And rebarmenu still has that checkmarks bug.
Just not sure yet if that also works for macro-created buttons, but can only test later.
And long-click doesn't seem to work anymore to get the right-click menu?

Nice that You like it on XP.

I already feared we have to ask someone to do a Win98 port of 74. tongue sticking out smiley

If You want You can comment on the German in http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?12,129401,129543#msg-129543

What long click? I think You mean how it works in specific skins.

This code from old skins still works as always. "Still works" is how it should be.

Browser Con&figuration{
%ifplugin rebarmenu
rebarmenu(Preferences)|Compact Menu

Posted by: naruman
Date: September 22, 2014 07:52PM

About "google audio' bug , i Found a way to override it without the flash bug .

It Fixed by just changing the useragent to 'Chrome' string :mad:

I had tested it in a version +1 (based on km RC ) & using useragent per site .

Anyway here's file of the useragent fit for km RC .

Steps:

1-Extract the files on km main folder .
2-Open km & go to Translate google .
3-Set 'Chrome' useragent for this page .
4-Reload the page & click on audio icon " don't forget to add some words "..

- if you added the pref [dom.ipc.plugins.enabled] you can set it to false now .

Date: September 22, 2014 07:59PM

No, not specific skins. In KM1.6/1.7, when you click a button and hold down two seconds, the right-click menu appears. In a few macros I had used that as workaround for the rebarmenu bug with showing wrong checkmarks, and in KM74 those macro buttons now have no function at all on left-click (Update: In KM74-final it works again!)

Pity - to get those correctly checked menus in KM74 for my macros I'll have to ask people to edit the toolbars.cfg manually, because by macro it's not yet possible to use left menus without rebarmenu. When I try, there appears no button at all.

If you don't believe the rebarmenu-bug, try this:
rebarmenu(&Privacy)
Toggle a few settings by this button, and the checkmarks will never change, although the toggles are executed.

A tiny thing to fix yet: There is still the ancient commands.txt in it from 2004!
And the newer commands.html from Jan.2014 still has that base ref line in the header which makes that on-page-links don't work, but try to load the expired xthost-account of desga.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 10:56AM by siria.

Date: September 22, 2014 08:26PM

naruman

YES - Thank you! I'm glad, a real switcher again with a list is really much needed, as just proven again. It wouldn't make no sense at all to remove such an important and popular function from a software if it's not broken. And yours is even an automatic switcher now! Getting hope again that it will be included in the final version... smiling smiley

Date: September 22, 2014 10:11PM

naruman

Steps:

1-Extract the files on km main folder .
2-Open km & go to Translate google .
3-Set 'Chrome' useragent for this page .
4-Reload the page & click on audio icon " don't forget to add some words "..

- if you added the pref [dom.ipc.plugins.enabled] you can set it to false now .

Thank You naruman! Maybe add Your Google translator fix as a default setting?

1.) JamesD also works on a switcher. The kml was send out by mail to translators.
See here JamesD posts.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?12,129401,129551#msg-129551

BTW. The person that creates the kmm code only does the English kml string. Unless he is a native speaker of another language. Else he wasts his time on something the native speakers/translators can do better and faster.

2.) A kmm that adds strings that show users info needs a kml. Unless the strings are the same in all languages. Which is rare. I found no en-US prototype kml with strings to translate in Your package above.

3.) Please also see siria suggestions to JamesD for more end user proof texts.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?12,129401,129551#msg-129551

Her view makes sence to me.

4.) disrupted send a mail from Egypt with password for K-Meleon's extension page. We can use that page now to post for download solutions that are currently not in the official 74 version and other 74 extensions.

If we have extensions there nobody can demand that K-Meleon must support any xpi addon/extension on the Firefox pages. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 10:21PM by guenter.

Posted by: naruman
Date: September 22, 2014 10:18PM

siria
It wouldn't make no sense at all to remove such an important and popular function from a software if it's not broken. And yours is even an automatic switcher now! Getting hope again that it will be included in the final version... smiling smiley

I think that the old useragent , can work too, but i know that Dorian remove it from km to increase km statics .

As alot of user would just use ff useragent all the times & keeping km in the dark.

Anyway this useragent is working for site domain & not all the time .

It's an updated version of useragent by adodupan ,i re-write some js functions & macro to getting more than 3 strings & add the ability to add new "string" & some other things.

Date: September 22, 2014 10:37PM

naruman

I think that the old useragent , can work too, but i know that Dorian remove it from km to increase km statics.

IMHO. Pages that want to count browser usage will look for the K-Meleon or SeaMonkey strings that are next to the compatibility string that mentions Firefox.

So IMHO the default string could include the FF string.
Apart from that SF keeps download statistics.:cool:

Whether an old code still works does IMHO not matter any more as soon as we have someting that is better. grinning smiley

And if the new is documented so well that user that want can keep to use old code, I will like it even more.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 10:39PM by guenter.

Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.