Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: K-Meleon 74 RC 2
Posted by: siria
Date: September 11, 2014 06:43PM

JamesD
I handle two color items in my "user defined stylesheet".
/* --  Links that have been visited are DeepPink  -- */
a:visited { color: DeepPink !important; }

/* --  Links that need javascript are green  -- */
a[href^="javascript:"] { color: green !important; font-weight: bold !important; }

I may now try to move to using a "colors.js" file in browser, however I did not see Javascript in the configuration's list.

Yes, I'm doing it similar, except that I have all my settings in the adblock.css, since that one can be toggled during a session. Then again, nearly stopped any toggling when KM1.6 started with that new fashion to modify ALL tabs in a window instead of only the active one after clicking, which takes forever with some 50+ tabs open, that change is a real PAIN.
And now playing with those color settings a change also works through ALL open pages again, grmpf.
Guess in a macro I'd probably use custom css instead of pref toggling, also because it's more flexible and can force SINGLE settings like visited link color and/or page background, while leaving other font colors original. For example the red "NEW" marking here in this forum is completely overlooked when forcing it to normal text color. And macros can easily maintain whole sets of different colors... macroplaying is really infectious, sigh ;-)

PS: For Javascript links it's also possible to change the cursor icon when hovering over it:
a[href^="javascript:"] {cursor: move;}
And what I really love is a tiny mail-icon automatically before mailto-links smiling smiley
a[href^="mailto:"]::before { content: url(resource:///icons/email.gif) " " ;}

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 11, 2014 08:07PM

@Dorian, a latest enhancement request: ESC key to close history, if possible.

I don't know how could it deal with the search box, its focus, and so on.

It's just an idea I bring to this almost final RC.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 11, 2014 09:24PM

Dorian
I'm testing a way to run macros from a xpi. With this update, if there is a load.kmm inside the extension, it will try to run it.

Unzip browser/omni.ja then unzip newsfox_test.zip in kmeleon folder. You should get the menu item for newsfox without macros/newsfox.kmm

This is a temporary solution. We could also run a specific js inside the xpi (like kmeleon.js), which could make use of jsbridge and setmenu. But this will be also possible to do it with bootstrap.js in a later version (not in this release).

Thank You Dorian,

all including the menu item and the chrome extension works as advertized.*

Skin button does not work. But was not needed for the proof of concept.

The load.kmm inside the extension folder is productive because now usera can deinstall the whole extension at once. No kmm can be forgotten in macros.

Maybe. It is not so good with JS, because it is better for extension construction if we have a unique method that can be included by extension makers without potentially interfering with other apps like Firefox.

* If You repack the updated (3 files) folder ./browser/components to the omni.ja again. I want to mention that. Just in case someone tries to test the functionality without repacking - like I did. grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2014 10:43PM by guenter.

Posted by: naruman
Date: September 11, 2014 10:02PM

Dorian
I'm testing a way to run macros from a xpi. With this update, if there is a load.kmm inside the extension, it will try to run it.

Unzip browser/omni.ja then unzip newsfox_test.zip in kmeleon folder. You should get the menu item for newsfox without macros/newsfox.kmm

This is a temporary solution. We could also run a specific js inside the xpi (like kmeleon.js), which could make use of jsbridge and setmenu. But this will be also possible to do it with bootstrap.js in a later version (not in this release).

Good work Dorian.

It's look like you activated the "SendMessage" function of the jsbridge , i had seen it in the old jsbridge source code , it was take the form :
SendMessage(plugin,to,from,data1,data2)
Is "kmAddon"&"RunMacro" the only "messages" that work in macro plugin with the String data ?
And is "SendMessage" can work for others plugins ?

I wish if we have something about js bridge in KM Wiki to be used by Addon developers .

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: September 12, 2014 05:11AM

I have two additional issues to report:

1. The Popup Blocker doesn't work on pop-ups that are located on leechbb.com, etc.
2. I lost my cookies somehow (it was probably because of it crashing).

Date: September 12, 2014 12:06PM

Zero3K

1. The Popup Blocker doesn't work on pop-ups that are located on leechbb.com, etc.

What are the receipes to reproduce Your two bugs?

K-Meleon Bug Tracking System / When reporting a bug
Make sure you can reproduce the bug, and explain to others how to reproduce it as well. If we can't reproduce your bug, it's not likely to be fixed.. or even investigated.

https://www.leechbb.com/ does not per se create a popup for me.

And I checked my cookies are still untouched.

BTW. This is in parts a double post.

For more see here: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,126254,129256#msg-129256

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2014 12:12PM by guenter.

Date: September 12, 2014 12:19PM

JohnHell

:s

The access key is "C". It is a XUL item that shows what closes it.

You can probably edit the dtd if You want it customized.

Date: September 12, 2014 03:18PM

guenter
JohnHell

:s

The access key is "C". It is a XUL item that shows what closes it.

You can probably edit the dtd if You want it customized.

As the focus is (by my previous request) in the search field, a letter key is useless unless you press tab first to blur/unfocus the field.

When the history was a plugin, only pressing ESC the history was closed.

Anyway, I tried esc, vk_esc, escape, and vk_escape and none of them worked, so... any other idea.

(sometimes you reply as if someone should already know it... :s)

Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 12, 2014 05:55PM

JohnHell

Will do.

Add in history.xul
<keyset>
    <key id="close-key" keycode="VK_ESCAPE"
      oncommand="window.close();"/>
  </keyset>

naruman
It's look like you activated the "SendMessage" function of the jsbridge , i had seen it in the old jsbridge source code , it was take the form :
SendMessage(plugin,to,from,data1,data2)
Is "kmAddon"&"RunMacro" the only "messages" that work in macro plugin with the String data ?
And is "SendMessage" can work for others plugins ?

As long as string is expected and they don't return a value it will work. Else it will crash. So I don't really like what I've done here.

Zero3K

1. The popup blocker is probably as good as it can be for a simple automatic blocker. If you want more, you need something like adblockplus with a block list.

2. I'm crashing kmeleon all the time when debugging and never lose datas. I don't think this is infaillible, but should be extremely rare.

Date: September 12, 2014 06:47PM

Dorian
JohnHell

Will do.

Add in history.xul
<keyset>
  </keyset>

Thanks, that worked smiling smiley

Date: September 12, 2014 07:06PM

Dorian
JohnHell

Will do.

Add in history.xul
<keyset>
  </keyset>

Thank You Dorian.

Sorry JohnHell, I though it would be sufficient to change it in dtd, like a normal key/letter. I was wrong.

p.s. You are here as long as me. So I think You know the same as me. Or more. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2014 07:07PM by guenter.

Date: September 12, 2014 09:30PM

OFF TOPIC: JUMP TO THE NEXT MESSAGE OR DELETE IT DORIAN

guenter
p.s. You are here as long as me. So I think You know the same as me. Or more. smiling smiley

As I said to Siria about scripting, no, believe me, not at all.

Maybe I have a little of mixed knowledge in html, servers, javascript and CSS (what is called in spanish (kind of) "trainee in all, master in nothing"), but regarding to XUL I'm like water to oil.

The first time I saw those keys were declared in XUL/DTD was when JamesD helped to modify history.xul about "open in background window" command.

And when you said it today, I remembered something about it, but if not... no clue.

I'm old here, but don't take it [or what I said the other day] as I mastered about K-meleon because I dig almost nothing in its inners beyond macro language and I'm more a trainee than a master on it. Siria is waaaay beyond me, or JamesD, or even you too. I would rate me just over the average user, but with initiative to find out the problem instead sit and watch it comming.

Just to leave it clear tongue sticking out smiley

EDIT: I found that the phrase in english is: "Jack of all trades, master of none".
END OF THE OFF TOPIC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2014 09:42PM by JohnHell.

Date: September 12, 2014 09:45PM

Probably the last update

Implemented restart, improved favorites and bookmarks icon (bug 1056), and fixed encoding for hotlist.

Date: September 12, 2014 09:47PM

LOL!!! Oh John, it's exactly the other way around, in reality you know at least 10x more than myself about computers and KM, rather 100x, *except* in macrolanguage, but only as long as it contains NO javascript grinning smiley Same for guenter of course. And of course it's funny to expect that we all have photographic memories and remembering every little detail that was posted in the last decade here ;-)

My YIKES-moment of the day:
If the downloads take a jump today, it may be because of this, posted today on twitter (by gnrsu)!
=> http://appnee.com/k-meleon/

First I though "hey cool!!", then saw the FAQ-Link and thought "hey, really cool!", then saw the manual-link and my jaw dropped with horror :O PLEASE, can anyone tell him to rather WARN of that KM0.8 (?) manual, and can anyone put some warning on this KM page?? Newbies will run away screaming if they believe that's about todays version...
And also it will not work if they try that stuff today and make that they just trash that browser again. Just had a quick look only in the "macrolanguage" page and it started right away with "macros.cfg" :O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2014 09:57PM by siria.

Date: September 12, 2014 10:02PM

Dorian
Probably the last update

Implemented restart, improved favorites and bookmarks icon (bug 1056), and fixed encoding for hotlist.

Sounds great, and thank you for the hotlist fixing! smiling smiley

Uhm, would you mind if I mark the 1.5.4 version on the download page with "(obsolete)"?
And KM74 with "(recommended)"?
And add a little link "(+update kmrc2u1)" beside it?

Date: September 12, 2014 11:17PM

Dorian
Probably the last update

Thank You for all Your efforts Dorian.

Attached de.jar as 7z. (4 typos fixed). Sorry to cause work.

This short post took almost twenty minutes. That was way too much.

BTW. The new extension location that You activated seems to accept extension with bootstrap.js. Example Addbloch Plus updated its lists. BluHell Firewall seems to work there.

Installed Working Extensions: LiveHTTP Headers (again, pleased), BluHell Firewall, CookieKeeper, NewsFox.

Instead creating macros I bookmarked: about:addons, chrome://livehttpheaders/content/LiveHTTPHeaders.xul, chrome://cookiekeeper/content/cookiekeeper.xul & chrome://newsfox/content/newsfox.xul in hotlist (ANSI not the updated one, maybe use the code of bookmarks for its update, except for the different format of the hotlist bookmarks?). And I set hotlist plugin to open links in a new window.

LiveHTTP Headers showed that the page here did not react for eternities. No idea whether it is my ISP or SF.

p.s. LiveHTTP Headers is one of the oldest usable K-Meleon XUL extensions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2014 11:54PM by guenter.

Attachments: de.7z (108.7 KB)  
Date: September 12, 2014 11:48PM

siria
LOL!!! Oh John, it's exactly the other way around, in reality you know at least 10x more than myself about computers and KM, rather 100x, *except* in macrolanguage, but only as long as it contains NO javascript grinning smiley Same for guenter of course. And of course it's funny to expect that we all have photographic memories and remembering every little detail that was posted in the last decade here ;-)

My YIKES-moment of the day:
If the downloads take a jump today, it may be because of this, posted today on twitter (by gnrsu)!
=> http://appnee.com/k-meleon/

First I though "hey cool!!", then saw the FAQ-Link and thought "hey, really cool!", then saw the manual-link and my jaw dropped with horror :O PLEASE, can anyone tell him to rather WARN of that KM0.8 (?) manual, and can anyone put some warning on this KM page?? Newbies will run away screaming if they believe that's about todays version...
And also it will not work if they try that stuff today and make that they just trash that browser again. Just had a quick look only in the "macrolanguage" page and it started right away with "macros.cfg" :O

For pages we can reach.

Just put a warning/info on line one of the page. That says this page is here since K-Meleon 0.8.2 (23.12.2003) for historical reasons. :cool:

As trained historian I find keeping such info is ok.

BTW. K-Meleon was the fastest browser together with Opera in 0.8+ times.
In these old days we felt that it was K-Meleon's birth right to be fast.grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2014 12:07AM by guenter.

Date: September 13, 2014 12:03AM

Dorian
Zero3K

1. The popup blocker is probably as good as it can be for a simple automatic blocker. If you want more, you need something like adblockplus with a block list.

2. I'm crashing kmeleon all the time when debugging and never lose datas. I don't think this is infaillible, but should be extremely rare.

1. You should try getting it to block the ones it misses on http://www.kephyr.com/popupkillertest/test/index.html, http://www.pogo.com/misc/popup-blocker-test.jsp and http://www.mckenziemdt.org/plugtest/popup.htm.

2. How about making a backup of it and restoring from it automatically if the current one is missing any cookies in it?

3. Is it possible to remove the padding from the URL Bar and Tab Bar (when it has no tabs in it)? If so, how?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2014 12:07AM by Zero3K.

Date: September 13, 2014 12:19AM

Zero3K

2. How about making a backup of it and restoring from it automatically if the current one is missing any cookies in it?

There is an extension for it - or was. Profiles backup or so. A ripped off and extended (to backup K-Meleon specific files) Firefox extension. Maybe You can update it to the new files that need to be backupted.

Else You can probably use or adapt this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/febe/.

You possibly have to teach it the K-Meleon profile location and to backup some K-Meleon specific files.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2014 12:24AM by guenter.

Date: September 13, 2014 12:20AM

guenter
Zero3K

There is an extension for it - or was. Profiles backup or so. A ripped off and extended Firefox extension. Maybe update it to the new files to be backupted.

Else You can probably use or adapt this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/febe/. You possibly have to teach it the K-Meleon profile location.

That extension backups only extensions. Not the profile.

Date: September 13, 2014 12:26AM

Zero3K
guenter
Zero3K

There is an extension for it - or was. Profiles backup or so. A ripped off and extended Firefox extension. Maybe update it to the new files to be backupted.

Else You can probably use or adapt this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/febe/. You possibly have to teach it the K-Meleon profile location.

That extension backups only extensions. Not the profile.

Sorry that I gave a wrong info. I only knew the addon by its description, second hand.

Anyway: If I were You I would not waste my time for a cookie.

IMHO use full profile to get K-Meleon specific files also.

Provided it works like displayed on that pic.

No, meanwhile I have taken the time & checked it up.
It does not work for K-Meleon like on the pic. sad smiley

Reason. chrome://febe/content/febeOverlay.xul is an overlay & that does often not dislay for us. sad smiley

You'd have to edit the febeOverlay.xul so that it becomes an independet window or pref panel like preferences.xul of extensions that work.sad smiley

Even then it will be uncertain that it could work.

Probably a waste of time.

For doing that edit-job You'd need sound HTML knowledge as min.

Better google for a similar extension that works out of the box.

Again. Sorry for wrong info.

Good night.

The extension You'd probabaly want is BookMarks Backup. That is a recent version of an extension that has been ported to K-Meleon during 1.x times. If You can find the K-Meleon version somewhere You can scavange it for K-Meleon specific backup items and add them to this version.

http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2014 09:48AM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage07.gif (19.8 KB)  
Date: September 13, 2014 10:18AM

Same thing than before, but now with js version. It runs the startup function in kmeleon.js. Now you should have 2 menu items, one from kmm and one from js.

Attachments: newsfox_test2.zip (406.5 KB)  
Date: September 13, 2014 11:04AM

Dorian
Same thing than before, but now with js version. It runs the startup function in kmeleon.js. Now you should have 2 menu items, one from kmm and one from js.

Thank You Dorian. Works for me. XP Pro SP3 if that matters?

I have in Extras (German for Tools menu) item NewsFox JS and in Mail und News the item RSS-Feeds lesen. Both fire up a working extension.

Hotlist and Bookmarks items for chrome://newsfox/content/newsfox.xul also fire up a working NewsFox extension.

What would be the code for a button? We'd need to know that both for the kmm and the js solution.

We are well equipped for future "crimes" now.grinning smiley

p.s. siria just told me that I cannot just translate this German ironic phrase.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2014 05:22PM by guenter.

Date: September 13, 2014 01:04PM

offtopic @guenter: Befürchte das mit den Schandtaten ist eher im deutschen als ironische Redewendung bekannt, in englisch kenn ich's eher nicht. Und ein Verbrechen ist ja nochmal was anderes. Das wird die große Mehrheit der unbekannten Leser da draußen trotz Grinse-Smiley wörtlich nehmen, und auch die ganzen non-natives...
Dieses Posting dann bitte gern wieder löschen damit hier weniger offtopic drin ist.

Posted by: naruman
Date: September 13, 2014 04:25PM

Dorian

As always you working by the speed of light and step by step the dream will become real .

Add the kmeleon.js to km is good move , but it may have some limited since it will use only the working functions of JS Bridge (SetMenuCallback,Open,Id,SetMenu,RebuildMenu,SendMessage) .

And it will miss all Special Variables, Events & others of Macro Language (at least of the view of Macro writer).
On other side it will gain most of js ability which can substitute some of those things but not all.

Posted by: c-sanchez
Date: September 14, 2014 03:45AM

I wonder if they could make the html5 canvas and the browser rendering use OpenGL as hw-acceleration or maybe DirectX 9

Tests:
Windows XP

http://smashcat.org/av/canvas_test/
Chrome without Hardware Acceleration 34fps
K-Meleon 1.8 ~50+ fps

http://www.mattpalmerlee.com/2012/04/29/html5-canvas-drawing-speed-testing-using-stats-js-and-jsperf-com
radial(10fps) / Arc(26fps) / Image(33fps) on chrome
radial(7fps) / arc(62fps) / Image(63fps) on K-Meleon 1.8
radial(78fps) / arc(78fps) / image(200-700fps) on opera

http://www.kevs3d.co.uk/dev/canvasmark/
CanvasMark Score: 6284 (Chrome 37 on Windows)
CanvasMark Score: 5734 (Mozilla 24 on Windows) - K-Meleon 1.8
CanvasMark Score: 4851 (Opera 12.17 on Windows)

Posted by: adodupan
Date: September 14, 2014 10:09AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 12:26PM by adodupan.

Date: September 14, 2014 10:26AM

naruman
Add the kmeleon.js to km is good move , but it may have some limited since it will use only the working functions of JS Bridge (SetMenuCallback,Open,Id,SetMenu,RebuildMenu,SendMessage) .

Yes, jsbridge need to be improved and you don't have all the utility macros from main.kmm (they could just be rewritten in js). But js can support more thing like enable/disable on the fly and doesn't introduce a new language.

adodupan
You should try to see the addons manager like km's addons manager, it means that you should simply cut off old (or current) way of installing km compatible additions, or even just one kmm file. It also means that job does not end with menus.
If you're satisfied with what km is now, or if that is your whole plan, then you have the final product (i hope not).
It was difficult for me to follow you, because you wrote that you want some changes, eg bookmarks, then you stop and fixing old (or current) method. If you're open to change, i have a few suggestions which includes 2-3 serious cuts more.

I was just trying an idea here with the extensions. It will not be in the current release because it's just experimental and incomplete.

There is a difference between the things I would like to do and the things I can do. Time is the principal constraint, Gecko 25 was out when I started, and used 24ESR, and now we have 31ESR already.

I'm always open to suggestions.
I would like to see more developers though winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2014 10:45AM by Dorian.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: September 14, 2014 05:32PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 12:27PM by adodupan.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: September 14, 2014 07:14PM

adodupan
Last year you are experimenting with a new engine, and so far is not bad at all smiling smiley
Ok, idea is that km should be closer to ff, closer means that km needs to adapt and be ready to use code that comes in xulrunner package and other benefits in ff\browser\omni.ja.
You have already made ​​the first serious move with addons manager, second is customize of toolbar buttons (theme, skin), go to ff\view\toolbars\customize.
I have not tried this, but i'm pretty sure i can get this xul window with icons in km. Serious cut and hard work means that we should rewrite toolbars.dll file.
My next suggestion is that km should use xul windows instead of cpp. Without exception. This means the same approach to localization as ff's. I have not looked into cpp for kml, but dtd and properties should be standard in macrolanguage.
Your suggestion about bookmarks is ok and must be included. This should be solved by a new function in macrolanguage that can read sqlite files in profile folder and probably small change for toolbar icons (this depends on whether you accept suggestion about customize toolbar).
Also, km needs better pref panel.
That's what i mean serious cuts.

The point of K-Meleon is that is not too much like Firefox.

If I wanted something like firefox I would be using Firefoox.

That would ne making same mistake that Fireofox made to be more like Google Chrome with it Australis User Interface.

Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.