Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: BUG: Welcome Page not found in translations Locales.
Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 05, 2014 06:25PM

Zero3K
I recently discovered another bug. The bug is that the Throbber is showing in a new window even though the option to have it showing is disabled. Disabling it makes it show up in the original window.

Same problem than chinarobin I suppose, several toolbars use the same index. You need to change your toolbars position a bit to get rid of it.

JamesD
This will seem foolish coming from me as I only know English. Why do have different readme.html files for languages. Would it not be easier to have one readme.xhtml file with the required dtd files for each locale?

Yes, that is how it should be.
At the same time, I think this file is useless. I've never read it!

desga2
@guenter

I checked mail.kmm code from K-Meleon 74 RC and it seems already included tux code.

Someone Linux user can test K-Meleon 74 RC witout tuxhelper.kmm and use only mail.kmm.

Greetings.

Not sure. It was done by jujuland.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 05, 2014 07:10PM

Dorian

JamesD
This will seem foolish coming from me as I only know English. Why do have different readme.html files for languages. Would it not be easier to have one readme.xhtml file with the required dtd files for each locale?

Yes, that is how it should be.
At the same time, I think this file is useless. I've never read it!

desga2
@guenter

I checked mail.kmm code from K-Meleon 74 RC and it seems already included tux code.

Someone Linux user can test K-Meleon 74 RC witout tuxhelper.kmm and use only mail.kmm.

Greetings.

Not sure. It was done by jujuland.

1.) IMHO. Translation of RC is finished. New changes should be scheduled for the next version of km. Current readme.html is easier to translate to some languages anyhow.

adodupan has made a readme.html with dtd like You want. As long as he does not submitt it there is none. At the moment it is still buggy IMHO. It references the dtd where it is not but it still works for English but not for my German translation. :s C attachment. Maybe tell me why.

IMHO naruman's and adodupan's changes shall come for the next version or after?

2.) alain is the only active wine user. disrupted and Fred are gone.
If alain wants it like that... he will know why.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 10:17PM by guenter.

Attachments: readme.7z (4.1 KB)  
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: September 05, 2014 08:25PM

Dorian
Zero3K
I recently discovered another bug. The bug is that the Throbber is showing in a new window even though the option to have it showing is disabled. Disabling it makes it show up in the original window.

Same problem than chinarobin I suppose, several toolbars use the same index. You need to change your toolbars position a bit to get rid of it.

I did that and it still happens.

EDIT: Deleting the Throbber.avi from the selected skin's directory fixed the mentioned issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 08:47PM by Zero3K.

Re: K-Meleon 74 Release Candidate
Posted by: chinarobin
Date: September 06, 2014 02:18AM

Dorian
@chinarobin

There is a problem in your toolbars configuration. Unlock the toolbars and change them a bit, kmeleon will rewrite the configuration and the problem should disappear.

No,it doesnot work.but it's not a big deal and if it's only a bug for me, a clean install may solve the problem.

Date: September 06, 2014 02:58AM

chinarobin
Dorian
@chinarobin

There is a problem in your toolbars configuration. Unlock the toolbars and change them a bit, kmeleon will rewrite the configuration and the problem should disappear.

No,it doesnot work.but it's not a big deal and if it's only a bug for me, a clean install may solve the problem.

Its not only a bug for you. I'm having a similar issue which is fixed by doing what I wrote regarding it or making a new profile.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: September 06, 2014 03:01AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:26PM by adodupan.

Date: September 06, 2014 03:34AM

Dorian: The text becoming bolded/larger is now only occurring in the text box of the toolbar made by the "Search Bar" plugin available at http://kmext.sourceforge.net/kplug.htm.

Date: September 06, 2014 10:22AM

Zero3K
Dorian: The text becoming bolded/larger is now only occurring in the text box of the toolbar made by the "Search Bar" plugin available at http://kmext.sourceforge.net/kplug.htm.

Sorry for that.

There are many things that are not updated yet.
I do not think that Dorian can do it all and alone.

And please read the suported versions for searchbar notice.

Extensions Central
Search Bar

adds a search bar to K-Meleon's toolbar. search bar can be configured with different search engines.
versions supported: 1.1.x - 1.5.x

Extensions are not repaired or updated by the K-meleon project owner/core developer (Dorian) but by the respective creators or owners of the extension.

No idea who created the search bar. I honestly do not remember and did not use it since the normal search by kko has sufficiant options.

See also.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,96969

Warning text

Legal Disclaimer

WARNING

Responsible for K-Meleon Extension Pages and extensions are their respective owners.

NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
Use on your own risk.

Date: September 06, 2014 11:23AM

adodupan
guenter
adodupan has made a readme.html with dtd like You want. As long as he does not submitt it there is none. At the moment it is still buggy IMHO. It references the dtd where it is not but it still works for English but not for my German translation. :s C attachment. Maybe tell me why.

de.jar\kmprefs\about\put your translated files here

That is where they are. That is how I refereneced the dtd.

locale about de jar:de.jar!/about/

And that is where You referenced the dtd in aboutWelcome.xhtml.

<!ENTITY % aboutWelcomeDTD SYSTEM "chrome://kmprefs/locale/about/aboutWelcome.dtd">

And also in another file aboutHome.xhtml.

<!ENTITY % aboutHomeDTD SYSTEM "chrome://kmprefs/locale/about/aboutHome.dtd">

I have no idea how this works in the English version.

Attached is the German de.jar that has the translation of Your chrome also.
Maybe You can help me to locate the error in my package. Thank You in advance.

p.s. I currently try to create an unified German package for all 3 new RC and test variants: adodupan's, Dorian's and naruman's. People will come and complain when they try to use the German package with another variant. I want to be finished well before that.

And IMHO chrome development results should be merged into main as soon as possible. After the current release the 3 chrome and translation packages should become unified.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 12:07PM by guenter.

Attachments: de.jar (338 KB)  
About tuxhelper
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: September 06, 2014 12:49PM

Hi,

desga2
It's not tux code, but adapted function to allow to open mailto link which isn't correctly implemented in wine and I haven't been able to correct it. Mailto links are usable with context menu.

desga2
Can Some Linux usertest K-Meleon 74 RC witout tuxhelper.kmm and use only mail.kmm.
I confirm that the modifications made to allow mailto function don't need explicitly tuxhelpers, but as I don't know if the used tools (xdg-mail and xdg-open) are avalaible under all the linux desktops (I use gnome, and don't know about kde, lxde and xfce), and if avalaible, are located in the same folder, it's really easier to set it with menu entries.

If I work as I expect (I have made test under a virtual XP), Windows users won't be ennoyed with these menus.

guenter
alain is the only active wine user. disrupted and Fred are gone.
Really sad of that ...

guenter
If alain wants it like that... he will know why.
I give the reasons, but if xdg-mail is easy to understand, xdg-open ought to be necessary to open filetypes links, as K-Meleon doesn't know the tux programs used to open files. It must work with mimetypes.rdf. To create it and modify it I have used K-Meleon 1.54 which has the mimetypes editor.

I made a tool there is some years, but it used a Windows script program I don't want to use anymore : Visual DialogScript which is a commercial product. I tried with Autoit3, but there were some problems between xdg-open (which is a tux script) and Autoit3.
I'm now too much busy to finish it, but I have tried to make a tool created in Harbour language (versus Linux) and it seems to rock. Just missing time to finish, but I surely finish it in a few time.

@desga2

Happy to have some news about you...

Do you use Linux ? Which distro ?
What is the reason of your question about tuxhelper ? some problems ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 12:53PM by JujuLand.

Re: About KMES extensions
Date: September 06, 2014 04:15PM

@ alain, one short question. Geckozone's K-Meleon links seem gone.

Can I remove these links:

K-Meleon Extension Setup in english and in french

Or has the content just moved?

Where?

My serach led to nothing: Aucun message n’a été trouvé car le mot k-meleon n’est présent dans aucun message. Search term: k-meleon extensions

K-Meleon is not even mentioned on their page. That is how I read the French words.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 07:44PM by JujuLand.

Date: September 06, 2014 06:45PM

guenter
one short question. Geckozone's K-Meleon links seem gone.
Unfortunately yes ...

guenter
Can I remove these links:
K-Meleon Extension Setup in english and in french
Or has the content just moved?
Where?
Yes, as I haven't put it on another website.
Perhaps, if I'm not too much busy, but I'm not sure that a lot of extensions are always working with K-Meleon 74.

Thanks
A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 07:43PM by JujuLand.

Date: September 06, 2014 07:27PM

alain, I take care of it. It is sufficient to have one extension page here on SF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 07:44PM by JujuLand.

Date: September 06, 2014 07:41PM

I think a few of the extensions I purposed where also on disrupted website.

If we can have contact with disrupted, I could have rights to upload, and add some extensions.

I think I will no more use nsis as installer and it could be possible to migrate all the one which always work with disrupted install system.

But it's only an idea...

A+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 07:43PM by JujuLand.

Date: September 06, 2014 09:16PM

IMHO disrupted's contact is broken. You can try the old mail.

Else try the SF contact page.
http://sourceforge.net/u/kmext/profile/

Or go http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmext/ and look.
Activity during the last months!
Find out who has published the items.

But this is no way urgent.

I think I located my old skins archive in a backup. :cool:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 10:01PM by guenter.

Date: September 07, 2014 08:31AM

JohnHell
Regarding to K-meleon 74 again. Maybe it's known already, but bookmarks plugin has another issue related to a kind of limit of characters in tree display of the title.

When the title is sooooo long (I haven't determined the number of characters), it is displayed with 2 first unkonwn UTF characters and then the rest of the title.

In the title box of each entry, the title is displayed correctly.

If you edit the title, then in the tree is displayed correctly too.

It's not happening only to old bookmarks but also new.

Example of a page with a long title to test with

Can't reproduce !

Date: September 07, 2014 10:39AM

Dorian
JohnHell
Regarding to K-meleon 74 again. Maybe it's known already, but bookmarks plugin has another issue related to a kind of limit of characters in tree display of the title.

When the title is sooooo long (I haven't determined the number of characters), it is displayed with 2 first unkonwn UTF characters and then the rest of the title.

In the title box of each entry, the title is displayed correctly.

If you edit the title, then in the tree is displayed correctly too.

It's not happening only to old bookmarks but also new.

Example of a page with a long title to test with

Can't reproduce !

Maybe it depends on OS Version?

XP Pro SP3

Confirm fixed for most pages and problems. At least for newly created bookmarks.

Example of an old one that now works:

This is one of the links shown. The others do not exist anymore.

http://www.focus.de/finanzen/news/smart-tv-bis-zu-24-prozent-guenstiger-schnaeppchen-kalender-in-diesen-monaten-greifen-sie-die-besten-preis-knueller-ab_id_3563762.html

Edit bookmarks still has heavy problems:

The following types can cause an empty field in edit bookmarks or garbled fonts.

Titele: Müller Licht LED 3W E27 Globeform warmweiß (4018412025708) - Preis ab €4,99 kaufen - CHIP

URL: http://www.chip.de/preisvergleich/248212/Mueller-Licht-LED-3W-E27-Globeform-warmweiss-4018412025708.html

Title: Osram Superstar Classic LED 6W E27 matt warmweiß - Preis ab €7,71 kaufen - CHIP

URL: http://www.chip.de/preisvergleich/266577/Osram-Superstar-Classic-LED-6W-E27-matt-warmweiss.html

Title: Osram Superstar Classic LED 6W E27 matt warmweiß - Preis ab €7,71 kaufen - CHIP

URL: http://www.chip.de/preisvergleich/266577/Osram-Superstar-Classic-LED-6W-E27-matt-warmweiss.html

Title: SABICconfused smileyaudi Arabia Stock Quote - Saudi Basic Industries Corp - Bloomberg

URL: http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/SABIC:AB

Title: PFEIFFER VACUUM TECHNOLOGY AKTIE | Aktienkurs | Nachrichten | Kurs | (691660,,DE0006916604) | finanzen.net

URL: http://www.finanzen.net/aktien/Pfeiffer_Vacuum-Aktie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2014 11:38AM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage02.gif (10.8 KB)  
Posted by: desga2
Date: September 07, 2014 02:23PM

JujuLand
@desga2

Happy to have some news about you...

Do you use Linux ? Which distro ?
What is the reason of your question about tuxhelper ? some problems ?

Hi Alain,

I'm working with OpenSuse, but I don't use K-Meleon on Linux.

My question about tuxhelper is that I think K-Meleon 74 not need included tuxhelper.kmm macro file because functions in this macro file can be added to mail.kmm macro file.
In tuxhelper.kmm only there are this two functions:

Menu entry: "Configure &Mailto program"
_tuxMailto{Setting the pref kmeleon.plugins.macros.mail.mailtoClient}

Menu entry: "Configure &Open file program"
_tuxOpen{Setting the pref kmeleon.plugins.macros.openClient}

In mail.kmm file:
Menu entry: "Configure M&ail..."
Mail_ConfigureMail{kmeleon.plugins.macros.mailClient}

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: September 07, 2014 07:18PM

Dorian: Is there any way to prevent it from loading the fonts in \Windows\Fonts at startup and only load the ones that are needed when the page(s) using them is viewed? If so, I think it should be done in order to increase its performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2014 07:18PM by Zero3K.

Date: September 07, 2014 09:04PM

@Zero3K
How do you know it loads them at startup?

Date: September 08, 2014 04:37AM

Dorian
@Zero3K

I saw them being loaded by using Process Hacker (http://processhacker.sourceforge.net).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2014 04:38AM by Zero3K.

Date: September 08, 2014 06:43AM

desga2
My question about tuxhelper is that I think K-Meleon 74 not need included tuxhelper.kmm macro file because functions in this macro file can be added to mail.kmm macro file.

You're right, if we just talk about mail, but this macro was created a long time ago, and contained a complete system to set some parameters for Linux.

For now, I have removed it just because I don't want to use VisualDialogScript, and autoIt3 (which has problems with xdg-open.

I'm now testing a solution with linux tools I created to convert path from Windows to Linux to allow to open files (pdf, odt,doc, ...).

I don't know now if, it will be necessary to set something for these points, and I keep tuxhelper. If not, it could be included in mail.kmm, but there is a function which has nothing to do with mail, so, I'm not really ok to remove tuxhelper.

Thanks
A+

Posted by: Erico
Date: September 08, 2014 09:36AM

Today I installed 74rc2, then everything went well ! I am very happy !!!!
Thank you very very much!!!
I love KM grinning smiley
Dorian
Erico
Hello from Japan.
Thanks for the great work on 74! I enjoyed them very much, beta 4 and 74rc.

But one problem happens. It is a very pity.
When I add page to "Favorites (ie)", the page title become garbled characters. But when I add page to "Bookmark" then it works normally.

Hello, do you use the update 3 (in first post) ? The favorites plugin was improved and japanese title should work properly, i've tested it myself.

Date: September 08, 2014 07:48PM

Zero3K
Dorian
@Zero3K

I saw them being loaded by using Process Hacker (http://processhacker.sourceforge.net).

Nevermind. I'm actually noticing it loading fonts that the sites saved in a session don't seem to actually use.

Posted by: KM2005
Date: September 24, 2014 01:45PM

JohnHell
Zero3K
... bug ... that every so often, the text in the Search Bar (which is a K-Meleon plugin) and the URL drop down box gets enlarged/bolded. Here's a link to a screenshot that shows the issue:

http://snag.gy/qrvgF.jpg

That's not a problem of K-meleon 74, but K-meleon itself since 1.1.x versions.

I never reported it for a simple reason, because before it happens, I've done some kind of windows GUI change, video watch, media editing, etc. I'm not saying it is the cause, but usually it is related to that kind of tasks.

And it is quite random. Sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't... It's not very common.

(This reply is without testing RC installer yet (I'll do later today) but the behavior wasn't KM74 specific and wanted to point it out, but if it could get fixed wouldn't say no winking smiley)

For me, it vaguely seems to occur when I have the same browser window open for more than a day (perhaps, not sure). And, a dozen or more tabs open at once (perhaps, not sure). At the same time, it seems to happen right as I do a Find search (perhaps, not sure).

Date: September 24, 2014 05:06PM

KM2005
JohnHell
Zero3K
... bug ... that every so often, the text in the Search Bar (which is a K-Meleon plugin) and the URL drop down box gets enlarged/bolded. Here's a link to a screenshot that shows the issue:

http://snag.gy/qrvgF.jpg

That's not a problem of K-meleon 74, but K-meleon itself since 1.1.x versions.

I never reported it for a simple reason, because before it happens, I've done some kind of windows GUI change, video watch, media editing, etc. I'm not saying it is the cause, but usually it is related to that kind of tasks.

And it is quite random. Sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't... It's not very common.

(This reply is without testing RC installer yet (I'll do later today) but the behavior wasn't KM74 specific and wanted to point it out, but if it could get fixed wouldn't say no winking smiley)

For me, it vaguely seems to occur when I have the same browser window open for more than a day (perhaps, not sure). And, a dozen or more tabs open at once (perhaps, not sure). At the same time, it seems to happen right as I do a Find search (perhaps, not sure).

Does K-Meleon become slow, etc. when that happens? It seems to be the case for me.

EDIT: It just silently crashed while that issue was occurring a little while ago.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2014 05:34PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: KM2005
Date: September 24, 2014 11:52PM

Zero3K
Does K-Meleon become slow, etc. when that happens? It seems to be the case for me.

EDIT: It just silently crashed while that issue was occurring a little while ago.

I don't recall that it occurs when the broswer gets slow; from what I recall it happens at normal browser speed. I can't say for sure though.

Pages: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.