Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: K-Meleon 74 Release Candidate
Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 25, 2014 09:03PM

if want the "resource:///readme.html" to wotk without completley rewriting the function

Open_KMReadme{
macroinfo=_("View basic information on the K-Meleon project");
$__l=getpref(STRING,"general.useragent.locale");
if($tux=="")
open("resource://".($__l=="en-US"?""sad smiley"/locales/".$__l))."/readme.html");
else
open("file://".getfolder(RootFolder).($__l=="en-US"?"/browser"sad smiley"/locales/".$__l))."/readme.html");
endif;
}

We have to add the en-US readme.html file to the browser omni.ja archive file.

Options: ReplyQuote
Flash bug in recent exes?
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 25, 2014 10:11PM

JohnHell
JamesD
@ JohnHell

I used the link you provided and the dropdown menu on the right fails to function. I picked "green" but got no change in color.

Exactly.

But if you select an option with the keyboard, after you already expanded the drop down menu with the mouse, and press enter, works.

In other words, something is blocking the mouse in K-meleon and flash objects for these tasks, but not normal clics.

Verified with all recent versions. With some of narumans changes things where even more heavy and the page almost did not work.

The last version (that I have still installed) where the described problem still works belongs to adodupan's exe version kmeleon.1.8.0.build.20 last changed Montag, 5. Mai 2014, 00:04:01.

1.8.24 build 22 has this bug already.

We should try to find out what component in that build still works and does not work in newer versions.

p.s. Solved. It is the exe. Last known good: kmeleon.1.8.0.build.20

I copied named exe to RC folder and it works. Was the third item I tried.

Download here http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,126206 Can someone get the exe or has it on PC and can verify that it works. And maybe test with other test GRE and flash on that test page.

It causes crashes with RC and is heavy on resources like the whole page.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2014 10:29PM by guenter.

Re: Flash bug in recent exes?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 25, 2014 11:28PM

guenter

Download here http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,126206 Can someone get the exe or has it on PC and can verify that it works. And maybe test with other test GRE and flash on that test page.

Yes, the 1.8.0 build 20 exe fixes it with RC install.

I didn't test another GRE. KM 74 was ever 24ESR in each updates, but with all was happening with YouTube.

And, for flash, as I said, I thought it was the youtube player. And since it started, I was using 11.x or so.

I often use the SSEC satallite pages, but I rarelly change the enhancement. That is why I didn't notice until today.

guenter

For me the page is quite lite in resources and I'm using a humble P4 2.8Ghz :-? It didn't crash with 1.8.0 build 20 exe either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2014 11:28PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 26, 2014 08:04AM

JohnHell
guenter

I didn't test another GRE. KM 74 was ever 24ESR in each updates, but with all was happening with YouTube.

And, for flash, as I said, I thought it was the youtube player. And since it started, I was using 11.x or so.

I often use the SSEC satallite pages, but I rarelly change the enhancement. That is why I didn't notice until today.

guenter

For me the page is quite lite in resources and I'm using a humble P4 2.8Ghz :-? It didn't crash with 1.8.0 build 20 exe either.

If we copy the kmeleon.exe file from 1.8.0 build 20 to K-Meleon 74.0RC it causess a problem with the flash block whitlist.

The only thing the displayed in stead of the whitleist is a blank about:blank page.

Date: August 26, 2014 10:30AM

JohnHell

snip...

snip....

1.) Good. That way Dorian knows the last good - hope it helps.

2.) It is not exactly the same GRE/code. For example 74.b2 was 24.3.0, 74.b4 was 24.6.0esrpre, RC was 24.7.0. That it always says ESR 24.0 is IMHO a Mozilla bug.

Here ESR Fox yesterday also updated the string with ESR 24.7 and XULRunner now cannot start anymore. sad smiley It was for K-Meleon test purpose only but is annoying.

Funny error message. grinning smiley

3.) The players are IMHO notorious for their bugs. It is normal to think of them first. And IMHO we all only occasionally change settings.

4.) Laptop with CPU Typ Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) with 2 GB RAM. Good enough to do a simple non optimized compile of Mozilla's GRE in an hour or so but these flash pages make that it labours harder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 10:39AM by guenter.

Attachments: minimax.gif (8.2 KB)  
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: August 26, 2014 07:52PM

Dorian: Any news regarding the bugs that I mentioned in my posts?

Posted by: oleg01
Date: August 27, 2014 09:59AM

Hi Dorian,

Thanks a lot for the fix of the 260 char limit in the URL Bar, now long bookmarklets work there. I have encountered a problem though, when I try to save a long bookmarklet in a bookmark for easy access there's a limit again to the number of chars that can be inputed in the URL field of the Properties Box of the Bookmarks Manager (actually I think this limit is 30.000 chars). Would it be possible to supress this limit there also? It would be convenient to be able to run long bookmarklets from a categorized bookmark folder.

Thanks for the superb work!

Date: August 27, 2014 12:52PM

oleg01
I have encountered a problem though, when I try to save a long bookmarklet in a bookmark for easy access there's a limit again to the number of chars that can be inputed in the URL field of the Properties Box of the Bookmarks Manager (actually I think this limit is 30.000 chars). Would it be possible to supress this limit there also? It would be convenient to be able to run long bookmarklets from a categorized bookmark folder.

For user scripts a dedicated extension to get around this limit exists.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,109335

Thx to siria.

But some overly long normal bookmarks (especially on pages about shares and other finacial info) create problems too. So maybe put it on the wishlist, if it is easy to implement and if the format specifications for bookmarks.html support it, so that a stays a normal bookmarks.html file. It must not break the rules because it is also the common exchange format that all browsers can either use or import.

Greetings to Britain from Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 12:54PM by guenter.

Date: August 27, 2014 08:08PM

Dorian, from this thread, are the Encryption settings working?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 29, 2014 09:54AM

Zero3K
I have another issue to report. Its that it takes too long for a tab to be shown as selected when switching between them using a keyboard shortcut and when making a new foreground tab.

Selected tab update when browser is idle, this is MFC behavior. I've noticed it too when a page is loading, the tab bar is not updated and it changes only when loading is finished.

Zero3K
Dorian: Why does another instance of K-Meleon pop up then go away when loading a saved session? I think that should not occur if possible.

This is not really the case. Sessions are opened in new windows, then the previous ones are closed.

JohnHell
Another issue related to flash and K-meleon, not happening in Firefox or others.

Initially I thought it was a YouTube player fault, but when happened today in another site...

The thing is that drop down menus in flash objects doesn't work. When you clic on an item of the drop down list, the drop down disappears without selecting, or making effective, the selected option.

At the top right of this flash you have options to change the way the map is displayed. They don't work with the mouse. If you navigate through it with the keyboard and press enter, then it works

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/geo/index.php?satellite=met-prime&channel=05&coverage=fd&file=gif&imgoranim=8&anim_method=flash

WIll be fixed.

JohnHell
I repost this issue again as I reported in beta 3 and I found today that still wasn't fixed in RC.

The behavior is the same and no errors at all in console window.

If you use digital certificates, even if you don't have a valid one for this site, you can test the window here as it is enough to display the window to have one personal digital certificate.

EDIT: I forgot the url tongue sticking out smiley
http://www.accv.es/ayuda/comprobacion-de-la-firma-electronica-capicom/

How do I trigger the dialog? It just say the encryption failed.

oleg01
Hi Dorian,

Thanks a lot for the fix of the 260 char limit in the URL Bar, now long bookmarklets work there. I have encountered a problem though, when I try to save a long bookmarklet in a bookmark for easy access there's a limit again to the number of chars that can be inputed in the URL field of the Properties Box of the Bookmarks Manager (actually I think this limit is 30.000 chars). Would it be possible to supress this limit there also? It would be convenient to be able to run long bookmarklets from a categorized bookmark folder.

Thanks for the superb work!

30000 is windows default limit. I'll try to change it for the max (65535)

No menu when right-click on the task bar
Posted by: Vincent
Date: August 29, 2014 01:38PM

I have win 7 pro at work. With the RC, there is no win 7 menu pop up when right-click on the K-meleon entry on the task bar. The image of the window showed up when right-click.

When the link in the start menu is pin to the task bar, the shortcut in the task bar will open k-meleon, but the opened window will have its own task bar entry, not replacing the shortcut

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: August 29, 2014 03:15PM

Dorian
Zero3K
I have another issue to report. Its that it takes too long for a tab to be shown as selected when switching between them using a keyboard shortcut and when making a new foreground tab.

Selected tab update when browser is idle, this is MFC behavior. I've noticed it too when a page is loading, the tab bar is not updated and it changes only when loading is finished.

Is it fixable? Also, I would like it if K-Meleon were to update the session information instantly when making a new tab, etc. so that way I won't have to wait before saving the actual tabs as a session.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 03:57PM by Zero3K.

Date: August 29, 2014 03:28PM

JohnHell

John. Maybe try to test the attachment of my last post there.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,128908,128959#msg-128959

Re: No menu when right-click on the task bar
Date: August 29, 2014 03:29PM

Vincent
I have win 7 pro at work. With the RC, there is no win 7 menu pop up when right-click on the K-meleon entry on the task bar. The image of the window showed up when right-click.

When the link in the start menu is pin to the task bar, the shortcut in the task bar will open k-meleon, but the opened window will have its own task bar entry, not replacing the shortcut

Attachments: Menue.gif (1.3 KB)  
Date: August 29, 2014 04:00PM

Dorian
JohnHell
I repost this issue again as I reported in beta 3 and I found today that still wasn't fixed in RC.

The behavior is the same and no errors at all in console window.

If you use digital certificates, even if you don't have a valid one for this site, you can test the window here as it is enough to display the window to have one personal digital certificate.

EDIT: I forgot the url tongue sticking out smiley
http://www.accv.es/ayuda/comprobacion-de-la-firma-electronica-capicom/

How do I trigger the dialog? It just say the encryption failed.

May happen that if you don't have a personal certificate it redirects to an error page:

subir fotos online

And what happens to the other issues I posted, I can't believe I'm the only one having it after presenting all the details and the tests :_(

- This one (link to Mediafire)

- and the one of control + right mouse button displaying the context menu and doing its asigned action, instead doing it's macro action only.

EDIT: @guenter

guenter
JohnHell

If the options are not available anymore, and therefore the warnings... should we dig more on it?

I understand and appreciate your efforts, but are going no where.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 04:06PM by JohnHell.

Date: August 29, 2014 05:08PM

@JohnHell
Don't worry about the regressions. They'll be fixed.
The encryption options need to be reimplemented in kmeleon, which will not happen now.

Zero3K
Is it fixable? Also, I would like it if K-Meleon were to update the session information instantly when making a new tab, etc. so that way I won't have to wait before saving the actual tabs as a session.

I think so.
New tab are saved as soon as the page is loaded. For performance and security, this is the best option. Now I may change this later (maybe with an option) to solve the "close tab" issue, but not in this version.

Date: August 29, 2014 05:12PM

Error Console is not working properly in RC2. And we cannot use Seamonkey Pref Panel codes below unaltered because of an error in Fri Aug 29 2014 21:41:55
Error: NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.getBoolPref]
Source file: chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml
Line: 78

JohnHell
EDIT: @guenter

guenter
JohnHell

If the options are not available anymore, and therefore the warnings... should we dig more on it?

I understand and appreciate your efforts, but are going no where.

Who says they are all gone?

The prefs are not in XulRunner anymore but set by the SeaMonkey code I posted in the other dedicated thread. So the GRE backend must logically support them.

This is SeaMonkey's SSL.Xul.

Note that the toop groupbox can be cared for by reasonable defaults in K-Meleon.

Mozillazine
security.tls.version.max specifies the maximum supported protocol version (thus, the highest version to initiate a connection with before falling back to lower versions).

So I discarded this groupbox because that can be set better by a dev.

Gone is SSL2 support. IMHO. More or less. But maybe more? Bug 799009. In that case we should try to use some more of the SeaMoneky code than I tried to use. And I wonder whether it is deprciated or totally gone from the GRE.

This is my K-Meleon's equivalent to the XUL page in SeaMonkey since this afternoon.

Now maybe someone can be so kind to tell me please whether it is just an optical or a practicale working XUL preferences page. Or on which pages I can test it myself on monday or later... or ever.

Code:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/file.php?1,file=809,filename=pref-encryption.7z

p.s. IMHO the to old K-Meleon group box about SSL3 and TSL would still work properly if we provided the two prefs in a js.

pref("security.enable_ssl3", true);
pref("security.enable_tls", true);

Only it does not make sence to offer them to end users.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 07:48PM by guenter.

Attachments: SeaMonkey encryption settings.gif (38.5 KB)  
Date: August 30, 2014 09:46AM

Update 3 to RC

Fixed regressions from u2, click not working in flash, toolbars size not restored correctly, tab bar not showing the correct active tab and improved favorites unicode support.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 30, 2014 12:40PM

Just noticed you added Up3 to the first post, great! To make it perfect the title could now also be changed to "K-Meleon 74 Release Candidate (Update 2014-08-30)" smiling smiley
But wondering about Up1+Up2 - are they contained in U3 now?

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 30, 2014 02:18PM

Hello to all K-Meleoners,

I see a lot of old friends here and seems something is moving.
Are you need a spanish translation for K-Meleon 74 RC and Final?
Where I can download the translation pakage?

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 30, 2014 02:56PM

@ desga2

Great to hear from you again. I am sure that we need Spanish. We do not currently include an "es" language option.

Unfortunately I do not know where to obtain the package specs.

Date: August 30, 2014 03:17PM

desga2

I see a lot of old friends here and seems something is moving.
Are you need a spanish translation for K-Meleon 74 RC and Final?
Where I can download the translation pakage?

Greetings.

Hello grinning smiley
Check this post:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,126789,page=4#msg-127018

Nothing was done since then.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2014 03:18PM by Dorian.

Date: August 30, 2014 07:03PM

@Dorian, it is a headache but I could try to make a CA with openssl and create a personal certificate for you.

Sites, as the example, don't care about where the certificate comes when you have to sign text, they just make GRE browsers to display the text signing window as long as you have a personal digital certificate.

So, then, you could try to test the behavior of that window.

After replace files with update 3:
- homepage fixed
- ctrl + rbutton fixed
- flash fixed

Let's continue testing winking smiley

Date: August 30, 2014 09:04PM

desga2

Hola, ¿qué tal? And welcome.

Dorian, I think I updated the pref-encryption.xul page updated and IMHO it works.

I repolpulated kko's code with current SeaMonkey warnings. IMHO the GRE should support them and their prefs. I only discarded the SSL choice groupbox.

Two reasons: I was to lame to get SSL choice going and the default used by Firefox GRE is better for users. Try the highest encrytion first.

Attached pref-encryption.7z

mfG guenter

Attachments: pref-encryption.7z (5.4 KB)  
Date: August 31, 2014 03:47AM

Digital certificate for testing purposes

The import password might be obvious }:-) don't ask as I won't provide to avoid any malicious use, even the certificate is not valid out "these doors" as it isn't signed by a recognized CA.

I'll just send to Dorian just in case.

Date: August 31, 2014 08:42AM

@JohnHell

This look like an old bug, but I don't know why this happen. I think it was fixed by making native dialog for most security related dialog. Making a native dialog take time and would need to redo locale so this won't happen.

Maybe it can be fixed by tweaking the xul, but there is no error and it doesn't look like different from other working dialog, so I have no idea here.

Date: August 31, 2014 03:55PM

Dorian
@JohnHell

This look like an old bug, but I don't know why this happen. I think it was fixed by making native dialog for most security related dialog. Making a native dialog take time and would need to redo locale so this won't happen.

Maybe it can be fixed by tweaking the xul, but there is no error and it doesn't look like different from other working dialog, so I have no idea here.

Ok smiling smiley as long as enter and esc keys don't stop working for accept/ok and cancel/close the window respectively, we will have to live with that. Thanks for test it.

I had a look to Xul myself, but with my non-knowledge I just found that files have the same functions as Firefox but in it works :-? It is just some javascript code. Why in one works and not in the other is just a mistery (or beyond) for me.

Thanks again smiling smiley

P.S.: "disabled" digital certificate link

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 31, 2014 06:56PM

Hi,

Sorry but I'm outdated, can said me someone if K-Meleon 74 is based on Firefox, SeaMonkey or XULrunner?
I think it's FF 24.7.0 ESR but I'm not sure.

And only for curisity, why 74 version number?

Thank you.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 31, 2014 07:47PM

There seems to have been an unexpected development in the IE Favorites plugin.

The Favorites bar panel in Preferences remains links even when I choose "Favorites Bar" folder and the title for the bar is no longer in English.

Favorites before:

Favorites after:

Favorites panel before:

Favorites panel after:

Date: August 31, 2014 09:37PM

desga2
Hi,

Sorry but I'm outdated, can said me someone if K-Meleon 74 is based on Firefox, SeaMonkey or XULrunner?
I think it's FF 24.7.0 ESR but I'm not sure.

And only for curisity, why 74 version number?

Thank you.

Hola desga2,

Firefox ESR 24. Chrome is the same in all 24 ESR.

Exact number of GRE and location of source is in ./K-Meleon/platform.ini now.

platform.ini
[Build]
BuildID=20140803202131
Milestone=24.7.0
SourceStamp=bce71a749a08
SourceRepository=http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-esr24

To make fun about high numbers. Maybe?

mfG and thx for reading my post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 09:47PM by guenter.

Pages: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.