Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
K-Meleon 74 Release Candidate
Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 11, 2014 06:39PM

Download installer

Change since Beta 4:

- Fixed freeze when resizing browser.
- Fixed shutdown (sometimes it could silently crash)
- Added restore_on_demand for sessions
- Fixed search engines and gestures action in preferences
- Fixed icon cache when the icon is not on the same domain.
- Fixed crash that could be caused by plugin
- Fixed skin.js not used
- Fixed grayed selection, impossible to copy/scroll
- Fixed tab order with session
- Fixed random crash at startup
- Fixed crash with flash
- Fixed various locale bugs
- Fixed copy image and some other minor issues
- Fixed default language set by installer

Update 3 to RC

Fixed: interface strings truncated with garbage
Fixed: Possible crash with session at startup
Fixed: 260 characters limit in urlbar
Fixed: Some plugins still not built with unicode
Fixed: maximize with no title bar
Fixed: Ctrl+A ?
Fixed: external links when opening in background
Fixed: favicon resizing
Fixed: mouse button in accel triggering onclick event
Fixed: toolbars size not restored correctly
Fixed: click not working in flash
Fixed: tab bar not showing the correct active tab
Fixed: hotlist nick
Added: kmeleon.tabs.multiline (boolean)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2014 04:49PM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 74 Release Candidate
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 12, 2014 12:30AM

Excellent, absolutely excellent. Thank you so much, Dorian.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: August 12, 2014 06:32AM

I have been noticing a bug that's been occurring for a while which I have forgot to mention earlier. Its that every so often, the text in the Search Bar (which is a K-Meleon plugin) and the URL drop down box gets enlarged/bolded. Here's a link to a screenshot that shows the issue:

http://snag.gy/qrvgF.jpg

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 12, 2014 04:58PM

Zero3K
I have been noticing a bug that's been occurring for a while which I have forgot to mention earlier. Its that every so often, the text in the Search Bar (which is a K-Meleon plugin) and the URL drop down box gets enlarged/bolded. Here's a link to a screenshot that shows the issue:

http://snag.gy/qrvgF.jpg

That's not a problem of K-meleon 74, but K-meleon itself since 1.1.x versions.

I never reported it for a simple reason, because before it happens, I've done some kind of windows GUI change, video watch, media editing, etc. I'm not saying it is the cause, but usually it is related to that kind of tasks.

And it is quite random. Sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't... It's not very common.

(This reply is without testing RC installer yet (I'll do later today) but the behavior wasn't KM74 specific and wanted to point it out, but if it could get fixed wouldn't say no winking smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2014 04:59PM by JohnHell.

Date: August 12, 2014 07:21PM

Dorian, thanks for including the history changes, but you left as a comment the following code in history.xul and the background window menu entry wasn't available winking smiley

<!--     <menuitem id="historyContext_opennewbackwindow"
              command="historyCmd_openbackwindow"
              label="&cmd.opennewbackwindow.label;"
              accesskey="&cmd.opennewbackwindow.accesskey;"
              selectiontype="single"
              selection="link"/>-->

The new history.xul winking smiley :
history.xul

One thing I found to warn for those using custom skins (as skin.js isn't read now) is that the toolbars get reset in their positioning. Probably because of the fixed issue with skin.js. I don't know.

A note about installations of K-meleon 74 (all versions), I know it implies more RAM usage (in my system just 4MB more) but, what about compress omni.ja (decompress and recompress) and xul.dll (this with upx)? We save in the installation directory over 20MB. I know even Firefox doens't do this, but for low specs machines (hard disk drives) could be a breath for space.

Date: August 12, 2014 07:24PM

Dorian: Also, is the bug where the icons turn into "blank document" ones in its Open/Save As Dialog Box after having it running for a while fixable or not?

Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 12, 2014 10:46PM

You did great work with Bookmark Editor adding new metods to open links for bookmstks.

However, "Open in a New Window" is missing as an option even its one of methods to oprn links in -Meleon 74.0RC's main.kmm macro file.

Date: August 12, 2014 11:25PM

JohnHell
One thing I found to warn for those using custom skins (as skin.js isn't read now) is that the toolbars get reset in their positioning. Probably because of the fixed issue with skin.js. I don't know.

Can you explain this in more detail? Am I wrong to assume this is back to the way it used to be?

Date: August 12, 2014 11:42PM

JamesD
JohnHell

Can you explain this in more detail? Am I wrong to assume this is back to the way it used to be?

Could be.

The thing is that K-meleon 74 now doesn't ship a skin.js in "\browser\defaults\preferences" so now there aren't default settings for a skin.

When K-meleon 74 RCi loaded for the first time, the skin loaded from my profile settings, that hasn't a skin.js file, looked as being reset, this is with the toolbars mixed and with changed positions and not as they were with K-meleon 74 RC (the update to b4u4 from the other thread) and previous versions.

What I meant by the warn is that, maybe for custom skins like mine, that hasn't a skin.js file (is it being used in the skin folder now or not? what issue was really fixed regarding skin.js?) the skin defaults to some mixed order in the toolbars.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2014 11:45PM by JohnHell.

Date: August 12, 2014 11:50PM

Zero3K
I have been noticing a bug that's been occurring for a while which I have forgot to mention earlier. Its that every so often, the text in the Search Bar (which is a K-Meleon plugin) and the URL drop down box gets enlarged/bolded.

Yeah this bug is not new. Never was able to figure it out.

Zero3K
Dorian: Also, is the bug where the icons turn into "blank document" ones in its Open/Save As Dialog Box after having it running for a while fixable or not?

What is that?

JohnHell
The thing is that K-meleon 74 now doesn't ship a skin.js in "\browser\defaults\preferences" so now there aren't default settings for a skin.

Before the fix, skins.js wasn't read at all. Now it looks for it in the skin folder.

Date: August 13, 2014 12:06AM

The option to "Open in background Windows:" is missing the history list eventhough

case "historyCmd_openbackwindow" is in controller.js located in the folder

browser\omni.ja\omni\chrome\kmeleon\content\history

in which the option to "Open in background Windows" defined as one of the methods to open links in the history list.

Date: August 13, 2014 01:48AM

I would add en-US readme.html file to omni.ja resource:///readme.html does not work unless readme.html is added to the omni.ja file.

And with it added to omni.ja when click default with "Load home page" it will load readme.html as the Home Page.

To "Welcome to K-Meleon" with resource:///readme.html will not work with en-US without at readme.html in omni.ja.

Also you have to switch to a different langauge and switch back to en-US for "Welcome to K-Meleon" for en-US.

Then you have to click defualt for "load local homepage" because resource:///readme.html loads the readme.html for anoter langaue unless you click default on "load home page".

Date: August 13, 2014 03:29AM

Dorian
Zero3K
I have been noticing a bug that's been occurring for a while which I have forgot to mention earlier. Its that every so often, the text in the Search Bar (which is a K-Meleon plugin) and the URL drop down box gets enlarged/bolded.

Yeah this bug is not new. Never was able to figure it out.

Zero3K

What is that?

1. Is there any way I can help you be able to fix it?
2. Its as I stated. Basically, the icons in the folder pane of the Open and Save As Dialog Boxes become "unregistered filetype" icons every now and then. I think that a GDI leak is occurring which is resulting in that happening.

Btw, the latest version that is being linked to on its project page is the old one. Please fix it so it links to the RC of K-Meleon 74.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2014 05:46AM by Zero3K.

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: August 13, 2014 10:48AM

1.Open the page:http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,128612
2.Right click on the download link:http://kmext.sourceforge.net/extensions/mriselector.7z , "Save Link Target As ..." and save the file,then KM crash.

Crash Report:http://www.datafilehost.com/d/c583bee2

Date: August 13, 2014 11:36AM

Chanson Yu
2.Right click on the download link:http://kmext.sourceforge.net/extensions/mriselector.7z , "Save Link Target As ..." and save the file,then KM crash.

I just did this and I did not crash KM.

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: August 13, 2014 01:24PM

JamesD
Chanson Yu

I just did this and I did not crash KM.
Don't know why, but really happened!
When I use a proxy tool connect to the internet,to do the same thing,it didn't crash! I'm confused.

Date: August 13, 2014 04:32PM

Dorian: Here's a link to the screenshot of Save As dialog box as its having the issue I mentioned:

http://snag.gy/MlyKk.jpg

Also, please take a look at http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,126717 for another issue that should be fixed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2014 04:46PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 13, 2014 09:33PM

Very happy there is finally a new "official" version on the homepage, thank you! After all those years, and everyone had long since lost hope... smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Looking at it, there are now only versions KM74 and KM1.5.4 left on the main page. That got me thinking: Considering KM's reputation, there should be a hint about min. system requirements. It's now starting with XP-SP3 if I read the forum right?

That also means, people with older systems are led to think the extremely outdated 1.5.4 were the last possible version for their system, if they are passing by in a hurry (and who is not these days). Perhaps the 1.6-beta2 could still be kept on the entry page, between 74 and 1.5.4? Could be entitled "last official development version for older systems" or whatever?
And frankly, knowing that 1.6beta still had heavy bugs, I'd even love to have some hint that further improved beta versions can be found in the forum, though not official ones...

Date: August 13, 2014 09:51PM

siria
there should be a hint about min. system requirements. It's now starting with XP-SP3 if I read the forum right?

I run it in XP with SP2. SP3 is not mandatory, or I didn't have the need of SP3... at least in my machines, physical and virtual.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: August 14, 2014 05:04AM

@JamesD, Chanson Yu

it has a realative larger possibility when doownloading with left click, it hardly happens using right- click save as according to my experience...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2014 06:02AM by chinarobin.

Date: August 14, 2014 05:09AM

chinarobin
this problem happens since 1.5km and ccfme, right click and use save as can solve prolbem, it happens with no rule.

Huh?

Date: August 14, 2014 05:51AM

@Zero3K

sorry, forget to quote, please see my post above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2014 05:51AM by chinarobin.

Date: August 14, 2014 06:11AM

chinarobin
@Zero3K

I tried doing what you mentioned regarding that bug. It didn't crash after downloading it a few times with it running on Windows 7 SP1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2014 06:12AM by Zero3K.

Date: August 14, 2014 06:37AM

Zero3K
chinarobin
@Zero3K

I tried doing what you mentioned regarding that bug. It didn't crash after downloading it a few times with it running on Windows 7 SP1.

it denpends on pages, and it cannot recure 100% even on a crashed page.

Date: August 14, 2014 06:09PM

From the crash dump, it seems the cause of the crash is something you did before
If you could make a crash report when it crash with left click too, I may be able to find something.

Date: August 15, 2014 12:34AM

Dorian
From the crash dump, it seems the cause of the crash is something you did before
If you could make a crash report when it crash with left click too, I may be able to find something.

it really depends on pages and happens more often on km1.6 and ccfme. i will try to report, if force colse come again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 01:06AM by chinarobin.

Date: August 15, 2014 01:03AM

i dont know if this bug fixed in candidate, i use rcc at the moment.

bug found and recured: minimal font size doesnot work on Chinese pages including

numbers, but it works well on this forum and bbc.

Date: August 15, 2014 03:32PM

chinarobin
bug found and recured: minimal font size doesnot work on Chinese pages including

numbers, but it works well on this forum and bbc.

In kmprefs font settings, you must select chinese first (default is western)

siria
That also means, people with older systems are led to think the extremely outdated 1.5.4 were the last possible version for their system,

This is the only version working out of the box on older windows.
If there is a guide for km 1.6, we could link to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 03:36PM by Dorian.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 15, 2014 06:26PM

Don't know about a guide page, but doubt if it's necessary. My impression was always that 1.6/1.7 run nicely out-of-the-box on win2000+earlier XP systems? Then reading the forum after the first 74-betas it sounded like there had been a severe jump in sys requirements between 1.6 and 74? But no idea, perhaps that was only in the first 74 versions?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 15, 2014 08:35PM

Dorian,
thank you for your job!

Here was a stupid question but I solved the 'puzzle'.

So just add to the first update (and for new releases) correct chrome.manifest from rootfolder. It must contain 2 lines not only first one:
binary-component k-meleon.exe
manifest extensions/extensions.manifest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 08:40PM by rodocop.

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.