Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 4
Posted by: adXok
Date: August 06, 2014 06:51AM

Hi, all
I am not here to report a bug or something...

I just rather wanted to THANK YOU for bringin' to life my alltime favorite internet browser: K-Meleon

Thank you, and keep up the good work. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 06:52AM by adXok.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 06, 2014 12:52PM

Chanson Yu

Do you think it could be operating system dependent? I suspect your system is zn-CH while my operating system is en-US. I have not tried the tooltips for buttons, but I will do so soon.

Edit:
The correct lines are in the zn-CH\kmeleon.kml file, however the tool tip text remains in English. I am going to make an assumption and say that the method for showing the information from the kml file is contained within the binary. That would seem to make this a question for Dorian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 03:03PM by JamesD.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 06, 2014 03:23PM

Some translations are located in kmeleon.dll in locales/zn-ch

Translations can be done, in this case, with resHacker, for example, but I'm not sure that chinese which probably needs utf-8 or something like that can be entered in the dll ...

[edit]
As I see, reading again Chanson post, it's about menu tooltips which must be in kmeleon.kml
[/edit]

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 03:27PM by JujuLand.

Date: August 06, 2014 04:55PM

JujuLand
it's about menu tooltips which must be in kmeleon.kml

They appear in English, when I am using French also - every language.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 06, 2014 07:49PM

THX1138
Is there a plan to ever record and restore the scroll state of tabs?

This and active tab too. Maybe in a next version.

Zero3K
Dorian: Did you get the crash report I sent via the plugin? Also, will you fix any of the bugs I mentioned in this post?

There is flash in the dump, making it useless. You will have to send it again when I'll make a full package. I should get more information.

Can you try this pattern with plugin container enabled (I've said how to enable it a few post above), and see if it still crashs.

JohnHell
I remembered today again a reported issue. The ID_COPY_IMAGE_CONTENT doesn't work.

I can fix it, but I can't fix background image. They didn't bother to make a c++ api.

JamesD
I was researching some things about languages other than English and I noticed that the main menu when using ru or zn-CH only displayed ??..??s on my system. Can anyone confirm or explain this for me.

bmpmenu didn't compile with unicode. I'll fix it.

JamesD
JujuLand
it's about menu tooltips which must be in kmeleon.kml

They appear in English, when I am using French also - every language.

Will be fixed too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 07:49PM by Dorian.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: August 06, 2014 07:58PM

Dorian
Zero3K
Dorian: Did you get the crash report I sent via the plugin? Also, will you fix any of the bugs I mentioned in this post?

There is flash in the dump, making it useless. You will have to send it again when I'll make a full package. I should get more information.

Can you try this pattern with plugin container enabled (I've said how to enable it a few post above), and see if it still crashs.

It doesn't crash for me on http://www.cnn.com when closing it with more than one tab open when the plugin container is enabled.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 06, 2014 08:21PM

Dorian
JohnHell
I remembered today again a reported issue. The ID_COPY_IMAGE_CONTENT doesn't work.

I can fix it, but I can't fix background image. They didn't bother to make a c++ api.

Did you mean CSS background images?

For that, I don't care, in fact, time ago, I made a change to the view page images macro (the old one (it's a little of pain with a sprites, but works)) and it shows those too and I can copy them from there.

Date: August 06, 2014 10:13PM

Please disregard my posts about tool tips. I was not using the latest update, I think.

Date: August 07, 2014 12:31PM

I finally got the mix up between versions on my computer sorted out.

The button tool tips do change language in update 4. They did not in update 3. I only get ??? for some languages. Dorian has said he can fix that. A file needs to be compiled in UTF-8.

I hope I have got this right this time.

Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 4 2 Bad Pages?
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 07, 2014 02:40PM

1.) https://www.creditreform.de/mitgliedschaft/online-services/eigenauskunft.html

Try to add the exception. For me it did not work - but worked with FF nightly.
ESr 24 currently not installed on this machine. Chrome variant did not even notice the security problem.

2.) http://www.meineauskunft.org/eigenauskunft/per-postfaxemail-bestellen/#

Click on Printer right of blue caption "Eigenauskunft per Post/Fax/E-Mail bestellen"

Prints but closes active browser window. When try to restart browser: "This Profile is in use" error. K-Meleon has to be killed to start again. And starts with exception thaat offers to resume the session.

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: August 07, 2014 02:40PM

Dorian,

1.New zh-CN locale file,update some texts in troubleshooting.kmm and TuxHelper.kmm.
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/1f7dd6c6

2.The mouse gestures action still couldn't be changed in KM74b4u4,did you forget to fix it.

3.In order to enable the page properties diversion feature,you should manually add three lines below to the kmeleon.js in \browser\defaults\preferences folder,but seems no useful? Page images still opened in a new window.

pref("kmeleon.plugins.macros.docinfo.forceTab.images", true);
pref("kmeleon.plugins.macros.docinfo.forceTab.links", true);
pref("kmeleon.plugins.macros.docinfo.forceTab.linkedImages", true);

Posted by: THX1138
Date: August 07, 2014 08:30PM

Guenter
Try to add the exception. For me it did not work

Yep, adding a security certificate exception is broken in this update, the previous update worked fine in this regard.

Posted by: THX1138
Date: August 07, 2014 08:49PM

I regret to inform you all that I was wrong, and the tab restore order has not been fixed. Something changed, but the tab order is still getting mixed up, with tabs that originally showed in the tab bar being pushed off the tab bar to the bottom of the tab list. Sorry.

Date: August 07, 2014 09:51PM

Here full package with updated gecko.
http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/K-Meleon74RCC.7z

I have included the crash report plugin
ru locale was updated. GRE locale was not the correct version.

I hope it's less sloppy than previous update :s

I was thinking about reusing the bugs tracker, but it has all kind of vulnerabilities...

EDIT: I've added a pref: kmeleon.install_firefox_extension. If set to true, kmeleon will identify itself as firefox so you can install addons (for some reason the "add to firefox button" does not work, you have to copy the link in the url bar). Of course, this is only to help testing not for real usage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2014 10:51PM by Dorian.

Date: August 08, 2014 12:49AM

Dorian

Great! My first tests all do OK. Question about updated Gecko. Should that change the user agent string? Does not appear to have done so.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 08, 2014 03:13AM

Dorian

You have does great worok with new update.

However, The Scroll Bar bug whuch was fixed has somehome returned with this version

In this version the scroll bar does not work correcrky when Mouse Gesters is enabled.

Date: August 08, 2014 08:50AM

Dorian
http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/K-Meleon74RCC.7z

I have included the crash report plugin
ru locale was updated. GRE locale was not the correct version.

I hope it's less sloppy than previous update :s

I was thinking about reusing the bugs tracker, but it has all kind of vulnerabilities...

EDIT: I've added a pref: kmeleon.install_firefox_extension. If set to true, kmeleon will identify itself as firefox so you can install addons (for some reason the "add to firefox button" does not work, you have to copy the link in the url bar). Of course, this is only to help testing not for real usage

1.) Thank You for Your hard work.

2.) This crash-reporter should be standard for test versions, maybe?

3.) None was sloppy. Merely testing regressions. Or did I miss something again? smiling smiley

4.) If using bug tracker. Purge old one, or create second fresh one. Else someone must spend days or weeks testing old bugs and deleting wrong ones.sad smiley

Security: Make Bug Tracker invitational. Hand out initial invitations to colaborators, translators and people that do support for long. Later these can co-opt new-comers. Until they are coopted, users that found a bug can always post in bugs Forum. Posting there first and add to bug tracker later (if verified by others) should be the standart way anyway.

These procedures can limit safty hazards.

p.s. 5.) Go about:config Create new name/bolean, copy, paste: kmeleon.install_firefox_extension chose true to use the new feature.

Maybe we need the Firefox downloader to use the Install feature on the Firefox site. Or an amendment so that K-Meleon downloader can pose as Firefox downloader.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 10:34AM by guenter.

Date: August 08, 2014 11:33AM

Locales are correct and correct characters appear in main menu and toolbar button tool tips. Everything looks right

This is very good work, Dorian.

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: August 08, 2014 01:57PM

That's great! Thanks for your hard work,Dorian.

Date: August 08, 2014 04:31PM

Right now, the only "annoyance" I've found, and as I'm the only one here who uses windows, is to still edit history xul and/or controller.js to change or add the menu entries for window usage.

Thank you so much, Dorian, to include the certificate error page correction too

Copy image content, working too. Thank you.

A but... I'm with JamesD that the GRE version is not showing up.

Also, a note for those expecting errors in the console (testing changes, macros, and so on), remember to set the console loggin pref to true as it has been resetted in kmeleon.js.

EDIT: I can't report anything else for today, because we have a few storms around confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 04:34PM by JohnHell.

Date: August 08, 2014 07:51PM

JohnHell

Thank you so much, Dorian, to include the certificate error page correction too

Copy image content, working too. Thank you.

A but... I'm with JamesD that the GRE version is not showing up.

The two errors I reported above are also gone. I just tested.

The GRE details are in Plattform.ini.

Maybe there is a way to read that out via JS automatically?

BuildID=20140803202131
Milestone=24.7.0
SourceStamp=bce71a749a08

Date: August 08, 2014 10:41PM

Isn't the version hardcoded in K-meleon.exe? We could add a custom user agent, anyway, of course. But, by default, it isn't sent the actual GRE version.

Thanks for the hint to platform.ini.

I upload the modified history to allow window open in front and background. The modification from JamesD and mine following his path.

history_74_windows_menus.zip

I have to say that the entry for open in a backgound window, even using the same function, doesn't work as with beta 4 update 4. The window is opened in history window background, but not the last K-meleon window. At least in b4u4 the second time, it was opened in the background of another K-meleon window. Now, only behind history window so new backgound windows are on top of the latest backgound opened window, but background of history :/

I don't think this has a fix as the history itself is a K-meleon window, not a plugin window as it was in 1.x and previous versions. Anyway, I warn about it.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 09, 2014 02:06AM

It would be nice if we could right click on a bookmark on the "Personal Toolbar Folder" and choose where we want to open like history does.

Right now if you right click on a bookmark in the Toolbar it opens in a new tab.

Editing bookmarks only can be opened two places the current windows or a background windows.

The ability to open bookmarks in a new windows, new tab, and backround tab would be very useful.

If do not want to open that bookmark in the current windows you can only open it a background wind0ow.

When it opened in a backround window you have to search for the window of that web page.

Tje ability to open a new tab or background tab while editing bookmarks would make easier to find than a background window.

Date: August 09, 2014 08:20AM

JohnHell
Isn't the version hardcoded in K-meleon.exe? We could add a custom user agent, anyway, of course. But, by default, it isn't sent the actual GRE version.

Yes and No. IMHO it is read out via JS from the GRE and km.
I might be wrong though.

about.xhtml line 60 ff.

// user agent
	function initUserAgent() {
	    try {
		document.getElementById("useragent").appendChild(document.createTextNode(navigator.userAgent));
		document.getElementById("mozYear").firstChild.appendData("-"+navigator.productSub.substr(0,4));
		document.getElementById("kmName").firstChild.appendData(" "+navigator.vendorSub);
	    } catch (e) {}
	}

Internet pages get similar infoand may use similar scripts. See Browserspy.dk.
At kko's page are scripts that detect the browser capabilities.

Currently IMHO there is a bug in ESR 24 code. I noticed it after compiling alone.
My GRE/Firefox also said 24.0 when it was 24.5.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 09:46AM by guenter.

Date: August 09, 2014 11:48AM

JohnHell
I upload the modified history to allow window open in front and background. The modification from JamesD and mine following his path.

history_74_windows_menus.zip

I have to say that the entry for open in a backgound window, even using the same function, doesn't work as with beta 4 update 4. The window is opened in history window background, but not the last K-meleon window. At least in b4u4 the second time, it was opened in the background of another K-meleon window. Now, only behind history window so new backgound windows are on top of the latest backgound opened window, but background of history :/

I don't think this has a fix as the history itself is a K-meleon window, not a plugin window as it was in 1.x and previous versions. Anyway, I warn about it.

I have sent code with language support to Dorian. I, too, was unable to get background window to work. There is a way, I am sure, but it requires a greater understanding than I have.

Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 4?
Date: August 09, 2014 04:23PM

Dorian: Is it possible for an option to be added which will display the status bar like how Firefox does it (where it pops up in the lower left-hand corner)? If so, it would be nice if that option were to be added.

Posted by: zlsgdhr
Date: August 10, 2014 03:15PM

对你一直以来辛苦的中文翻译也表示由衷感谢

Date: August 10, 2014 06:38PM

Zero3K
Dorian: Is it possible for an option to be added which will display the status bar like how Firefox does it (where it pops up in the lower left-hand corner)? If so, it would be nice if that option were to be added.

There is no easy way to do that.

I may have a fix for the crash with flash, but I can't tell if it will be effective. It requires patching xul.dll

George Hall
It would be nice if we could right click on a bookmark on the "Personal Toolbar Folder" and choose where we want to open like history does

You should be able to change what middle click and right click do with the prefs:
kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.openurlm
kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.openurlr

Strings with the command to use (ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_TAB, ... )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2014 06:43PM by Dorian.

Date: August 10, 2014 07:11PM

Dorian
Zero3K

There is no easy way to do that.

I may have a fix for the crash with flash, but I can't tell if it will be effective. It requires patching xul.dll

Please give me a link to the patched xul.dll so I can test if its been fixed or not.

Date: August 10, 2014 09:56PM

Zero3K
Please give me a link to the patched xul.dll so I can test if its been fixed or not.

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/files/xul.7z

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.