Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 4
Posted by: George Hall
Date: July 27, 2014 03:41AM

I found a bug and fix for a that bug in K-Meleon 74.0beta4's Hsitory which prevents viewing History when clicking the history Button.

The bug is located in the History Macro for the Klassic Skin in toolbars.cfg for K-Meleon 74.9beta4

The below History Macro is the cause of the History Bug

%ifplugin macros
History{
history(Places_History)|Histor&y
View History. Right-click for more options.
toolhot.bmp[12]
toolcold.bmp[12]
tooldead.bmp[12]
}
%endif

K-Mleeon 74Beta3 does nit have this Histoey Bug so when you click the Histpry Button it opens the Hstory.

The History Macro for K-Meleon 74Beta3 is below.

%ifplugin macros
History{
macros(Places_History)|Histor&y
View History. Right-click for more options.
toolhot.bmp[12]
toolcold.bmp[12]
tooldead.bmp[12]
}
%endif

So the line

in the cause of the bug in K-Meleon 74.

The Line below fixes the History Bug in K-Meleon 74beta4

So simpley changing that one line or copying toolbars.cfg from K-Melron 74Beta3's Klassic in the K-Meleon 74.0Beta4's Klassic Skin fixes the History Button Bug.

This History Bug may be present in some od the other skins.

It is nice when a bug us so simole to fix.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 27, 2014 03:55AM

I made one mistake with that Hstory Bug that same bug was in K-Meleon 74Beta3.

I change the line

in K-Meleon 74Beta3 to the line

so long ago that I forgot that K-Meleon 74Beta3 also had the same Hostory Bug.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: July 27, 2014 07:47AM

Zero3K
Dorian: What's been changed in the new update?

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,127809,page=6#msg-128305

Zero3K
EDIT: Is the bug with the tooltip disappearing and reappearing when hovering over a tab that is being continuously reloaded fixable or not?

I wouldn't call this a bug. I can alleviate the problem, but it will always happen if you use the loading icon.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: July 27, 2014 08:35AM

Dorian
Zero3K
Dorian: What's been changed in the new update?

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,127809,page=6#msg-128305

Zero3K
EDIT: Is the bug with the tooltip disappearing and reappearing when hovering over a tab that is being continuously reloaded fixable or not?

I wouldn't call this a bug. I can alleviate the problem, but it will always happen if you use the loading icon.

1. Please do so.
2. What do you mean by "loading icon"?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 27, 2014 12:59PM

George Hall
I tried your update to the History Context Menu, Eventhough it has the Option to History in a New Window, an new wibdow did not open when I clicked on "Open in New Window".

Their must be some bug in your update or History Macro or Places.kmm Macro can not open History in a New Window yet.

I cannot explain why it does not work in your system. I just finished another test. I installed KM 74 beta 4 in a new folder. I extracted the omni from browser and ran my zip file against that. I re-zipped the files and put them back into the browser as omni.ja. I deleted startupcache. It worked just fine. I got a new window.

Date: July 27, 2014 03:45PM

JamesD
George Hall
I tried your update to the History Context Menu, Eventhough it has the Option to History in a New Window, an new wibdow did not open when I clicked on "Open in New Window".

Their must be some bug in your update or History Macro or Places.kmm Macro can not open History in a New Window yet.

I cannot explain why it does not work in your system. I just finished another test. I installed KM 74 beta 4 in a new folder. I extracted the omni from browser and ran my zip file against that. I re-zipped the files and put them back into the browser as omni.ja. I deleted startupcache. It worked just fine. I got a new window.

For some reason your update now works for me.

I tmust have been the bug thaat was in the History Bug in the Klassic Skin with the incrrect macro for the History Button in toolbars.cfg.

I changed the line history(Places_History)|Histor&y to line macros(Places_History)|Histor&y last night.

So when I tried to openn hstory in a new windows this morning you update worked.

The Klassic Skin for K-Meleon 74beta4 had a bug in its hostpry Macro that prevent your update form working. on my systemm.

Some forgot update Klassic Skin Macro toolbars.cfg when a bug was found in K-Meleon 74Beta3 which prevented the History Button from working with the Klassic Skin,

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 27, 2014 05:17PM

George Hall

Oh, good. You had me worried for a bit.

I made a lot of changes to my system for history. Not sure if everyone agrees with them, but here is the post

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,128025

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 27, 2014 06:14PM

Thanks for the new window item in history, JamesD.

Date: July 27, 2014 10:07PM

Another update
http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/km74b4u3.7z

Add: http auth basic password saving (only one password)
Add: tooltip in history
Fixed: crash when closing tab too fast with the mouse *-)
Fixed: tab icon may disappear when using back/forward
Fixed: moving tab for sessions
And other minor things

Zero3K

The icon change when a page is loading (kmeleon.tabs.useLoadingIcon)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 10:09PM by Dorian.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 27, 2014 10:55PM

Great, Dorian!
Does it include u2-update or I need to unpack them one after another?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 10:55PM by rodocop.

Date: July 27, 2014 11:17PM

Dorian
Another update
http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/km74b4u3.7z

Add: http auth basic password saving (only one password)
Add: tooltip in history
Fixed: crash when closing tab too fast with the mouse *-)
Fixed: tab icon may disappear when using back/forward
Fixed: moving tab for sessions
And other minor things

Zero3K

The icon change when a page is loading (kmeleon.tabs.useLoadingIcon)

Update 3 has bug in the Klassic Skin which prevents the HIstory Button from Working.

The line below

in toolbars,cfg

shoud be the line below

The History Button will not work whenyou click it with the line

in the Klasic Skin

Date: July 28, 2014 03:26PM

Should we care about the new information rows about addons.xpi with beta 4 update 3? Or is something missing? I already deleted startupCache.

An error, not of this update 3, because I noticed yesterday with update 2:

When you search in bookmarks, in the title bar are shown UTF-8 characters instead the typed text.

EDIT: IMPORTANT I missed F7 and F8 functionality. I used them from ID_EDIT_FINDNEXT and ID_EDIT_FINDPREV. Those commands were also assigned to CTRL Y and CTRL T. They do nothing now either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2014 03:48PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 28, 2014 03:50PM

I have found another crash that is occurring in it after applying the latest update. In order to replicate it, do the following:

1. Open K-Meleon and go to Google.com.
2. Open a new tab and go to Cnn.com in it.
3. Press CTRL+W to close the tab that has loaded Cnn.com.

Date: July 28, 2014 03:56PM

JohnHell
Should we care about the new information rows about addons.xpi with beta 4 update 3? Or is something missing? I already deleted startupCache.

An error, not of this update 3, because I noticed yesterday with update 2:

When you search in bookmarks, in the title bar are shown UTF-8 characters instead the typed text.

EDIT: IMPORTANT I missed F7 and F8 functionality. I used them from ID_EDIT_FINDNEXT and ID_EDIT_FINDPREV. Those commands were also assigned to CTRL Y and CTRL T. They do nothing now either.

Update 2 has problem with global history as you tyoe when you click on the drop downlist of the website it sends you to the wrong website hsitory and sometimes it causes crashes.

When you add jsbridge.xpt to the componensts in omni.ja ithe browser folder those glitches disappear.

Also Update 3 already has a jsbridge.xpt in the omni.ja components folder.

So you only have to update with the Update 3 for K-Meleon 74.0Beta4.

Date: July 28, 2014 04:07PM

What are you answering to me, George? :-? O_o

I mentioned that bug in the past, weeks ago and it was confirmed... what are you telling? :-?

I confirm that the type ahead and back was broken from update 1 to update 2. Can anyone confirm it?

Note: it is broken with find as you type. If you call the search function through edit>search in page (or the command to find in page ID_EDIT_FIND) the search back and forth works with the bar at the botton that appears.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2014 04:23PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 28, 2014 04:42PM

JohnHell
What are you answering to me, George? :-? O_o

I mentioned that bug in the past, weeks ago and it was confirmed... what are you telling? :-?

I confirm that the type ahead and back was broken from update 1 to update 2. Can anyone confirm it?

Note: it is broken with find as you type. If you call the search function through edit>search in page (or the command to find in page ID_EDIT_FIND) the search back and forth works with the bar at the botton that appears.

I had problesm with thie global history at first I thought iw was with Klassic Skin Macro.

I tested that today and I tried with the crrect macoro when when I had uodate 2 and hit had problems.

when I eas using update 3 their was no problems with golbal hiistory type look up.

The only differnce without update 1 and update 3 that updated jsbridge.xpt was not in omni.ja components folder.

I said it was update 3 by mistake dorian did not make an update 2,

Update 2 was maid my JamesD to add "Open on New Window" and could not cause the you are taliking abot because only relates to history and not bookmarks,

Date: July 28, 2014 05:00PM

JohnHell

You were taliking about bugs with uodate 1 and update 3 today adding update 1 beforre adding update 3 today.

And I did not know you said anyhhing about bugs with update 1 weeks ago.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 28, 2014 05:44PM

@ Dorian, deadlock tried to fix several issues with page icons with his code.
That is why the code is complicated. I remember this but no details anymore because I helped testing / was the guiea pig that tried it on a machine that was not used for developing.grinning smiley Maybe You can try his code - after 74 release.

@ naruman, I found an extension that disables compatibility tests.

Maybe that helps with Your work on extensions. Better than the nighly tester tools which are bigger. I already tried to mail You this info.
But my mail bounced.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/checkcompatibility/

About this Add-on
While it used to be possible to disable add-on compatibility checking entirely, by setting the extensions.checkCompatibility preference to false, it is now necessary to set a different preference for each new application version. This add-on re-enables the functionality of extensions.checkCompatibility irrespective of the current application version and disables checking by default. Checking can be re-enabled by disabling the add-on (which can be done without a restart) or by toggling the preference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2014 06:16PM by guenter.

Date: July 28, 2014 07:18PM

@George, I updated late to update 1 (this last week) as I hadn't problems with beta 4 alone. When I updated to update 1 I had problems described in the last 2 pages of this thread. They were fixed in update 2. Today I was reporting bugs for update 3, that I found actually come from update 2 (except the bookmark one that is in the bookmark plugin).

Is it clear now winking smiley?

Here you can find, from May 18th and beta 3, what I reported when using history through URL bar drop down list:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,127127,127757#msg-127757

Regarding to this is that after I changed some prefs to leave the url behavior as in 1.6 (match behavior) I haven't seen that bug again. I don't know if it was really fixed or was the change in match behavior.

** now, going again to the find commands not working, I add that they only work, as said, if you call the ID_EDIT_FIND command that brings the bottom seach bar. Call ID_EDIT_FINDNEXT and ID_EDIT_FINDPREV after find as you type or without searching anything to bring that bottom search bar, does nothing from beta 4 update 1.

These commands not working remind me of what I reported about the F10 key not working to bring the history (history(View)) but worked to you, Dorian. Still doesn't work here. And I don't know why. But with CTRL H worked the same command (history(View)).

Mmmm, I found my stupidity. I was calling the history plugin that wasn't available anymore. Using macro instead tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2014 09:44PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 28, 2014 08:56PM

You don't need to force compatibily for extension. Just set "kmeleon@" for id and "74.0" for version in the rdf.

I've indeed broken find next/prev with type ahead trying to fix a focus problem.

And for crashes, it looks like the crash report plugin is still working.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: July 29, 2014 01:12AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:14PM by adodupan.

Date: July 29, 2014 11:13AM

Dorian
You don't need to force compatibily for extension. Just set "kmeleon@" for id and "74.0" for version in the rdf.

Good to know.

p.s. If I understood naruman correctly, he wants to create a fire and forget enduser proof way to test/install Firefox extensions.

So we may want a more general solution than editing each rdf.

This exension consists of 219 lines of JS plus a licence file.

I intend to keep looking.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2014 11:24AM by guenter.

Date: July 29, 2014 05:03PM

The issue of tabs being loaded in a random order from a saved session is occurring for me when it didn't in the previous update.

Date: July 29, 2014 05:29PM

adodupan
When i search the selected text in a new tab, i have to press tab button 20-30 times to bring url bar in focus. The same thing is with shift + tab.
My first thought is what is in focus? This is a comment in case you're writing about this 'focus problem'.

Isn't that FF behavior?

adodupan
So, my suggestion is that you take a good therapy next week.

Huh O_o

adodupan
I do not know how old are you, perhaps 74 smiling smiley

I'm not. Do you hate that number ? :p

adodupan
Another important thing is still flash problem. On some flash sites my cpu (little quad monster btw) is heated more than when transcodes some video, it's busy 50-60 percent, and it's ridiculous, because it was just surfing the internet.
In my working version, i use untouched esr root files. Of course, km has a problem when plays some video clips, but my cpu is busy below 1 percent.
Only correct solution is to rewrite km code again, but only in km, mozilla's files should stay untouched.
You wrote it twice, you have to write one more time smiling smiley

Sorry, but I'm totally confused by your post. I don't understand what you're talking about, probably language barrier.

Posted by: naruman
Date: July 29, 2014 07:18PM

guenter

@ naruman, I found an extension that disables compatibility tests.

Maybe that helps with Your work on extensions. Better than the nighly tester tools which are bigger. I already tried to mail You this info.
But my mail bounced.

Thanks guenter for the link ,but it look like the "disables compatibility" & "nighly tester" is using the same way of manipulating the pref "extensions.checkCompatibility.X.X" to enable the extensions for different versions.

But , of course it need too the right "id" , i think maybe we can add a new function to override the "id" , i'm not sure yet.

Note :I updated my mail , in my Profile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2014 07:20PM by naruman.

Date: July 29, 2014 08:07PM

Zero3K
The issue of tabs being loaded in a random order from a saved session is occurring for me when it didn't in the previous update.

It turns out that the session order isn't saved in its preferences when the tab order is changed by dragging them to a different spot.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: July 30, 2014 05:08AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:15PM by adodupan.

Date: July 30, 2014 10:01AM

Dorian

adodupan
Only correct solution is to rewrite km code again, but only in km, mozilla's files should stay untouched.
You wrote it twice, you have to write one more time smiling smiley

Sorry, but I'm totally confused by your post. I don't understand what you're talking about, probably language barrier.

IMHO adodupan does not like that patches are applied to mozilla files and he points to a case where patching the mozilla sources possibly went wrong.

To me this means: He wants that changes/patches should be restricted to the folder browser = overrides and addons to XUL. JS etc. Plus in the other K-Meleon specific folders & files: exe, kplugins.dll, macros & locales, skins.

p.s. That is an old idea of the K-Meleon project. Mozilla bugs were originally listed in the bugtracker but not fixed. I have no idea whether this is still practicable or ever was? I think there were already changes KMpatches in the mozilla code as far back as in 0.9. That was why the users were able to fix most bugs in the embed.jar chrome of 0.9 but could not so easily exchange the GRE to a newer one.

And the changes to fix embed.jar items for the 1st 0.9 update were also K-Meleon specific changes to mozilla code.

To stick with Mozilla code would give experienced users the chance to update e.g. the complete GRE. It would make K-Meleon an almost true Xulrunner user.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2014 10:10AM by guenter.

Date: July 30, 2014 11:07AM

adodupan

Another important thing is still flash problem. On some flash sites my cpu (little quad monster btw) is heated more than when transcodes some video, it's busy 50-60 percent, and it's ridiculous, because it was just surfing the internet.
In my working version, i use untouched esr root files.

I have previously used this link. Open link in km and choose a city, then open same link in ff.
Run process explorer (i use this) and pay attention to your cpu and these processes.
km is on 50 percent, ff 2 percent.
Also, you can run core temp, for a better visual impression. One more picture smiling smiley
Then replace km root files with ff's. Run km
EDIT: open same link and pay attention now.

I've already explained the problem. This is because i've disabled plugin-container for flash. Try with firefox and plugin container disabled, you'll get the same cpu usage.

You can enable plugin container again in kmeleon if you want:
dom.ipc.plugins.enabled and dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll must be true

Date: July 30, 2014 02:05PM

naruman

Thanks guenter for the link ,but it look like the "disables compatibility" & "nighly tester" is using the same way of manipulating the pref "extensions.checkCompatibility.X.X" to enable the extensions for different versions.

But , of course it need too the right "id" , i think maybe we can add a new function to override the "id" , i'm not sure yet.

Note :I updated my mail , in my Profile.

Thx for looking into the matter and for all Your work.

Ok. I think I understand the problem. So it still does check the APP "ID" even when extension checking the correct app version is disabled. Right?

For the ID check. Some info seems to be here.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Using_nsIXULAppInfo

Maybe You can get what the page calls this "appInfo.ID" of Km's ID. And set Km's ID = all or some "appInfo.ID" mentioned in the install.rdf of the extensions?

There are code snippets that now get and set comaptibility of the "version" info in check-compatibility@dactyl.googlecode.com/bootstrap.js or nightly tester/components/nttAddonCompatibility.Service.js.

Perhaps they can be reused.

I need Your advice. I'd like to check with two extensions what they do in K-Meleon 74. Work or do nothing and raise JS errors?

How do I activate in K-Meleon74.0Beta4+1 (Your test version that can update extensions manifests) an extension that has a folder named "check-compatibility@dactyl.googlecode.com" and inside the file "bootstrap.js" (that carries the functioanllity).

The same for an extension that has a folder named {6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED} = Bluhell Firewall and inside a bootstrap.js (that carries the functioanllity). That app is a lightweight adblocker that works via a list with regular expressions. AFAI-Understand. Adblock plus lists are more resource hungry.

Both Apps have no chrome.manifest or anything similar.
Only install.rtf, licence, icon are inside the xpi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2014 02:12PM by guenter.

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.