Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 4
Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 18, 2014 11:37PM

Ricks,
what are you trying to do with command line. Start new profile?

What is described by guenter is the start of different portable installations of KMeleon every one of them having its own profile directory inside.

1. Make new folder for new KM instance.
2. Make the windows shortcut for k-meleon.exe
3. Get into shortcut properties and add to the start path of the object '-new' parameter like this (sorry for russian GUI)

Now this shortcut will start new Kmeleon even if another copy (from different installation) is running (or if the same one than you can choose profile at start, but you'll need 2 profiles created earlier for this installation).

Or you can (if using commander-like 2-panel file manager) simply go to folder with your k-meleon and run from command line there in folder 'k-meleon.exe -new'

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 18, 2014 11:48PM

Also you can move existing profile with some manual workaround.

In Profiles folder you should see the file profiles.ini.

Want to move current profile folder? Well.
1) Close Kmeleon.
2) Move profile folder where you need. Copy full path.
3) Open profile.ini (which should remain in Profiles folder) with text editor (loke notepad) and make changes for your profile.
You'll see smth like this:
[Profile0]
Name=default
Path=6xn4fr6a.default
IsRelative=1
Default=1
[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1
if you have single profile for this installation

Change 'Path' to the new path to the profile folder (full path like C:\folder\subfolder\blahblahblah\6xn4fr6a.default)
and 'IsRelative' to '0'

Save and close ini-file.

Now your Kmeleon knows new path for your profile folder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2014 11:48PM by rodocop.

Posted by: Ricks
Date: July 19, 2014 12:13AM

rodocop
Also you can move existing profile with some manual workaround.

In Profiles folder you should see the file profiles.ini.

Want to move current profile folder? Well.
1) Close Kmeleon.
2) Move profile folder where you need. Copy full path.
3) Open profile.ini (which should remain in Profiles folder) with text editor (loke notepad) and make changes for your profile.
You'll see smth like this:
[Profile0]
Name=default
Path=6xn4fr6a.default
IsRelative=1
Default=1
[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1
if you have single profile for this installation

Change 'Path' to the new path to the profile folder (full path like C:\folder\subfolder\blahblahblah\6xn4fr6a.default)
and 'IsRelative' to '0'

Save and close ini-file.

Now your Kmeleon knows new path for your profile folder.

Thanks very much for your help, this is what I wanted to achieve, and it worked.

Thanks again.

Date: July 19, 2014 01:35PM

Glad it helps you!

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 19, 2014 02:33PM

rodocop
Glad it helps you!

Glad Your solution works.

Possible Bug: Adding the bold command line option to a desktop link, which worked under 1.6b2, crashes 74.

THIS STARTS A 74 PROFILE in 1.6. BUT cannot be transfered to another 74 install.

C:\.k-meleon1.6beta2.en-US\k-meleon.exe -new -profilesDir C:\74\Profiles\i8oomyrs.default

I can only test on this one machine and with two 74 installs.

My main Laptop is gone to Ukraina for repair.sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2014 02:36PM by guenter.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: July 21, 2014 05:37PM

I have 2 annoying issues I can't reproduce

- The focus problem when selection become gray. It's random, and when it happens I'm not able to reproduce it. If you use my last update with restore_on_demand you can reproduce it easily, but I've fixed this particular case.

- Sometimes a wrong favicon is stored for a website. Again it's random, and you need to force reload to get the correct icon.

So if anyone can find a pattern or something, tell me. I've tried a lot of thing without any result sad smiley

Date: July 21, 2014 07:22PM

most pages with active scripts get focus correct.
But simple pages without active content (for example, mobile versions) are not focused in general.

You need interact with some active content on the page (I usually use right-click on any linked content) or with urlbar to 'activate'.

And this one is new problem of KM74 only. No such a glitch in 1.6.

The second one is the old bug - it appeared already in 1.6 (may be earlier - but I'm not sure). And this is obviously connected in some way with the 'favicon storage':
the usual behaviour is like this - you see some wrong favicon (it is one from other page open in neighbour tab of the same session) -> you reload page to get the right favicon back -> you get it but... some other tab gets wrong favicon like a chain transition. And you're rolling this cycle over and over...

Posted by: siria
Date: July 23, 2014 08:50AM

Favicons: if it's still the old 1.6 bug, some fuzzy memories: I thought it had something to do with an incorrect tab counter, caused by broken pages somehow, that's also causing that 'chain' reaction. When I close the broken-page-tabs, the chain is fixed. Not sure if it had to do with restored sessions, but I thought having read that 1-2 years ago one of the other developers mentioned to have fixed it in some version. Not sure at all, but perhaps someone can find it again searching in the forum.

Hm, thinking longer about it, guess there were (are?) actually 2 different favicon bugs: a simple one caused by the counter and one that permanently stored a wrong ivon for a specific domain...
Never paid much attention, because usually when there are wrong icons I just look for broken tabs, close them, then force-reload one of the tabs and all is fine again. But there was 'something' mentioned in the forum by another developer about having fixed it in some special KM version. Sorry for being so fuzzy, just from dim memory :-/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 09:08AM by siria.

Posted by: kiopkpokjp
Date: July 23, 2014 11:44AM

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ro7ui087s2ca files are not displayed at once, first was write there that this browser is old blablalba i click proceed and files are not displayed, i must again go to this site for file display. yesterday i had problem from downloading from mediafire

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 23, 2014 02:42PM

That doesn't happen in K-meleon 74 with MediaFire.

You are using another version.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 23, 2014 06:17PM

JohnHell

I am using KM 74 beta 4 and it happens to me. I tried added useragent.kmm to use a later FF string, but it does not change what is sent to the website.

Date: July 23, 2014 06:34PM

Any screenshot? Don't you see like me? (bottom of this text)

Even with a fresh profile I see the same as my main.

All loads.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 23, 2014 07:09PM

siria
Favicons: if it's still the old 1.6 bug, some fuzzy memories: I thought it had something to do with an incorrect tab counter, caused by broken pages somehow, that's also causing that 'chain' reaction. When I close the broken-page-tabs, the chain is fixed. Not sure if it had to do with restored sessions, but I thought having read that 1-2 years ago one of the other developers mentioned to have fixed it in some version. Not sure at all, but perhaps someone can find it again searching in the forum.

Hm, thinking longer about it, guess there were (are?) actually 2 different favicon bugs: a simple one caused by the counter and one that permanently stored a wrong ivon for a specific domain...
Never paid much attention, because usually when there are wrong icons I just look for broken tabs, close them, then force-reload one of the tabs and all is fine again. But there was 'something' mentioned in the forum by another developer about having fixed it in some special KM version. Sorry for being so fuzzy, just from dim memory :-/

deadlock worked on it but I do not know whether he submitted the code.

I do not think he did.

Date: July 23, 2014 08:40PM

JohnHell

I tried again with Javascript on and I saw the browser message. I clicked on 'Proceed' and got nothing.

Is there some setting which might prevent me seeing what you are seeing?

Date: July 23, 2014 09:49PM

CSS adblocking?

Date: July 23, 2014 10:25PM

Probably what rodocop said.

That happened too when DOM storage was disabled BUT when I requested to Mediafire to don't force users to have it enabled, they amazingly attended my request and there is no need of it, and, even though, K-meleon, by default has DOM storage enabled.

Anyway I created a new profile and worked too, so nothing blocking could be working and, except for the pref "user_pref("layers.acceleration.disabled", true);" that it's mandatory in Windows 2000, I didn't change anything.

P.S.: the next time I try to edit profiles.ini or save profiles backups in profiles dir slap me 3 times. I almost lost everything done in my profile for the last 2 months (macros, permissions, cookies, certificates) because I deleted the new profile in a no good manner. Thank god GetDataBack recovered almost everything (breath, breath, breath) U_U' Backups were all missing :_(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 10:26PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 24, 2014 12:48PM

@ JohnHell and Rodocop

You got me to thinking and trying all the filters. It seems that I have to have the popup blocker off and Javascript on for the MediaFire page to work. Note that putting MediaFire in the exceptions for popup blocker did not work. Is the data on the MediaFire page in a popup? It does not look like a popup but perhaps the border is just turned off.

Date: July 24, 2014 02:30PM

Popup exceptions do not work in KM till 1.6 (may be earlier).

If this isn't marked as bug already - I want to report this so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 02:30PM by rodocop.

Date: July 24, 2014 02:51PM

@Rodocop, in 1.6 I had warnings (the icon in the bottom right) when a site requested a popup blocked and I had to add permissions some times.

Look, test here how the popup blocker really works (I only did the first test (top left) Multi-popup test)
http://www.popuptest.com/

Don't mix the unrequested popups with those that are tricked/called when you click in an innocent element of a page. There are lots of pages that use this method and looks like the popup blocker doesn't work, but it works, only that the popups seen are "requested" (if we can say so).

@JamesD, Mediafire doesn't have popups. I checked the permissions and I hadn't it whitelisted either.

Javascript is required. That is for sure because they changed their interface to fully AJAX interaction so that is true, but not for pupups.

Your behavior is weird.

Could be JIT (just in time), javascript.options.jit.content set to false?

I don't know :-? I have no more ideas right now.

Date: July 24, 2014 03:23PM

JohnHell,

popup blocking DO work, but exceptions DON'T.

I've seen this icon but when I add an exception nothing changes for the site. General popup blocking still blocks windows added to exceptions.

Date: July 24, 2014 03:51PM

:-?

For me the permissions work. I tried with popuptest.com and then www.popuptest.com. Both, added to permissions as "allow" made the popups appear :-?

Make sure the permissions are added to permissions.sqlite with the "Sqlite Manager" extension or "Sqlite browser 1.3" I don't recommend the newer versions.

The only thing that could be is that I didn't install the update 1 to beta 4.
EDIT AGAIN winking smiley I updated to beta4 update 1 and worked the popup blocker and mediafire too :-?

EDIT: Tested with tabs, as I browse with windows. Worked.
Tested with popups allowed and setting permission to 2 (block). Worked.

EDIT: May we start a new thread in General?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 04:37PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 24, 2014 05:39PM

I still have deadlock code, but it's a bit weird and I don't think it fixes this particular problem.

If you use the popup icon, it may not allow the correct domain. I've noticed it yesterday and fixed it.

Also:

- I've fixed a freeze with 100% cpu usage,
- made a better shutdown (sometimes it could silently crash)
- restore_on_demand seems to work well and it will be active by default,
- I've fixed the icon cache when the icon is not on the same domain.
- Fixed crash that could be caused by plugin
- Fixed skin.js not used

I'll make a RC with that. If I try to get everything working right, I'll never release anything :p

And I've begun working on a new plugin. I'll probably not make a full implementation, but this still could be a useful.

Date: July 24, 2014 06:31PM

A release candidate?

We can't abuse on you, but there were a few issues without a fix yet :/ (windows focus, findasyoutype, css errors display cpu usage on console and a few more that I actually forgot myself as I get used to them).

For example, I don't know if you refer in the fixes to the one I just found now with km74b4 updated to km74b4u1 (as I posted above, I just updated this afternoon).

Open K-meleon, do nothing and close after it is loaded (you can wait any time), it crashes.

Replacing the executable with b4 doesn't.

And thanks for the 100% CPU usage freeze. I suffer often. The other day I thought I found a workaround to this, opening a new window (running k-meleon.exe again) and using that window for disabling javascript or using it to close K-meleon.

Date: July 24, 2014 07:28PM

Great news, Dorian!

You're right: let's do it step by step. Your job - our reports and feedback - and again!

No one stable release is ideal in the reality! grinning smiley

Posted by: THX1138
Date: July 24, 2014 08:21PM

I've come to dread shutting down KM 74, because upon restarting, some tabs go missing sometimes, and always tabs are loaded in an incorrect order. For example, I always keep gmail.com as my first tab so that I can quickly find it among many tabs either to answer my phone, or emails. Lately, I have to go find it at the bottom of the list of off-screen tabs after restarting KM.

Also, the fact that the scroll position of my tabs is not retained is frustrating at times, but I realize this just wasn't implemented in KM.

Saved sessions are no better. I started saving sessions before exiting the program, hoping that the saved session would restore the tabs in order, but to no avail, the same problem with tabs out of order still appears upon restoring a specifically saved session.

I suspect this could be easily remedied in the next release. It just seems like a sorting problem to me.

Date: July 24, 2014 08:29PM

findasyoutype: missed this one, what problem?

windows focus: I feel like it happens less often in my last build. This is gecko faling to activate in some unknow case, probably because gecko focus handler is not adapted anymore to be embedded. I've searched some alternative, but found nothing working for now.
css errors: nothing I can do here, or maybe console2 is the problem. This is xul being slow and not a blocker for me (kmeleon is not intended for dev)
crash at shutdown is fixed: b4 without update may crash too but you don't see it.

Date: July 24, 2014 10:01PM

Dorian
findasyoutype: missed this one, what problem?

Didn't I tell the last one in this thread?

I found it!

When you type in a drop down list, it starts searching in the whole page and "unfocus" the drop-down so you can't match other elements in the list with new typed letters.

It's related to focus too (of the list). But in Firefox 28, at least, doesn't happen.

A list as example. K-meleon automatically "closes" the list and starts searching the page.
http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select3

I'll be happy with just know if it could have a fix or not winking smiley

Dorian
windows focus: I feel like it happens less often in my last build. This is gecko faling to activate in some unknow case, probably because gecko focus handler is not adapted anymore to be embedded. I've searched some alternative, but found nothing working for now.
css errors: nothing I can do here, or maybe console2 is the problem. This is xul being slow and not a blocker for me (kmeleon is not intended for dev)
crash at shutdown is fixed: b4 without update may crash too but you don't see it.

Ok to all.

The crash in b4, as described, happened very rare. I mean, open, do nothing, close and crash.

I don't know if right now is safe, but I'm with the b4 exe, and the plugins and jsbridge.xpt from update 1. Nothing strange right now.

--

And now that come to my mind...

Other glitch that I told in the past was the one that you type a letter in the url bar and the drop down isn't shown up if you type only one letter.

Or an improved history, if possible.

Anyway, as I said, we can't abuse of you requesting things so I'll be happy just knowing we have to live with this small problems.

Date: July 25, 2014 04:45PM

JohnHell
When you type in a drop down list, it starts searching in the whole page and "unfocus" the drop-down so you can't match other elements in the list with new typed letters.

Oh, right, I remember fixing it, and your exemple work fine.

JohnHell
Other glitch that I told in the past was the one that you type a letter in the url bar and the drop down isn't shown up if you type only one letter.

One letter works for me.

JohnHell

Yeah, but it's still better than the old one smiling smiley

THX1138
I've come to dread shutting down KM 74, because upon restarting, some tabs go missing sometimes, and always tabs are loaded in an incorrect order.

Indeed, moving tab is bugged, and i'm not sure what I was smoking when I implemented it. It also explains the missing tabs. I'll fix it.

Date: July 25, 2014 05:18PM

Dorian
JohnHell

Oh, right, I remember fixing it, and your exemple work fine.

Ok, fixed in the update 1. Sorry for this, as with the crash and testing one and another. I missed if it was fixed or not.

Entererly my fault confused smiley

Dorian
JohnHell

One letter works for me.

It doesn't happen ever. I'll give a try to the update 1 executable more time.

Just happened now before send this message.

Dorian
JohnHell

Yeah, but it's still better than the old one smiling smiley

Which one do you mean by old one?, prior to KM74? I find it quite better.

I miss a lot the date and show the url of the item, that you could copy, for example.

What I do now to copy it is go offline, clic on an item and copy the URL without actually going to the site :/

Yeah, I could do through Sqlite manager openning places.sqlite, but we still have the problem with the ****** PRTime date format.

Sorry for the short deep testing on update 1, I just updated yesterday.

The open, nothing, close, crash I told made me hate it tongue sticking out smiley.

Happened now. I opened K-meleon just to change a setting that needed restart, as I did nothing (no browse), when I closed it crashed.

You have to, at least load about:blank to avoid that crash confused smiley

EDIT 18:00GMT: Further details: so, K-meleon doesn't crash only if you do nothing with the initial window, but with every window left as the last one to close, that hasn't had any kind of activity...

Example: go to google, open a new window, close google window, close new window, result: crash.

Note: my new windows are openned with about:blank.

EDIT: OH, OH, one thing I told here the other thay. Could be in sync the kmeleon.print prefs, with print.print prefs?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 05:59PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 25, 2014 07:25PM

JohnHell
Which one do you mean by old one?, prior to KM74? I find it quite better.

I miss a lot the date and show the url of the item, that you could copy, for example.

What I do now to copy it is go offline, clic on an item and copy the URL without actually going to the site :/

I can add "copy link" in the context menu.
For the date I don't know. Maybe adodupan could do it.

JohnHell
EDIT: OH, OH, one thing I told here the other thay. Could be in sync the kmeleon.print prefs, with print.print prefs?

Mmh, kmeleon.print prefs are not used.

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.