Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 4
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: July 10, 2014 04:29AM

THX1138
Thank you, can I get a little instruction on what to do with this zip?

Extract it over the files in the directory its located after closing it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bill
Date: July 10, 2014 12:50PM

Having problems here with beta 4. I had 1.6.0 but it would not close properly all the time. Deleted that version and did a fresh install of beta 3 and that didn't work right. Beta 4 was a fresh install and did the same thing as beta 3.

I am running a windows xp sp3 laptop. Both beta3 and beta4 open with the following message;
K-Meleon was not able to find your toolbar settings. Your selected skin may be missing or corrupt. Please check your settings in the GUI appearance section of K-Meleon preferences.
Then there are no toolbars or any way to navigate unless using the address bar as that is all that shows up.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 10, 2014 02:15PM

Make a backup of the entire K-meleon installation folder.

Extract the zip content on it.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 10, 2014 07:44PM

Bill,
try to install this into your system.

Posted by: THX1138
Date: July 11, 2014 01:04AM

I made K=Meleon my "default browser", but when I click on a link, or when a program wants to open something on the web, I get this error dialog:

"Unable to execute file:" (and the url)
ShellExecuteEX failed: Code 2
The system cannot find the file spedified"

However, the tab does actually open anyway at the correct url.

Hmmm, I inserted an image url, but it is not showing up in this message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2014 01:05AM by THX1138.

Date: July 11, 2014 02:43AM

Here's a list of all the threads that are active when its freezing, etc.:

http://pastebin.com/ip4pW9Yb

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 11, 2014 12:34PM

Dorian
A little update to fix restore_on_demand and better cleaning when closing window.
http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/km74b4u1.zip

I seem to have run into a problem after installing this update. I opened preferences > privacy & security and attempted to open permissions by clicking on "Exceptions" button. KM crashed completely.

Can anyone confirm? It is not just the exe file. I had to replace everything but Profiles from my last backup to get going again.

Posted by: fred
Date: July 11, 2014 01:15PM

Does happen with me too ( same version ), K-Meleon did close!

Posted by: George Hall
Date: July 11, 2014 08:26PM

JamesD
Dorian
A little update to fix restore_on_demand and better cleaning when closing window.
http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/km74b4u1.zip

I seem to have run into a problem after installing this update. I opened preferences > privacy & security and attempted to open permissions by clicking on "Exceptions" button. KM crashed completely.

Can anyone confirm? It is not just the exe file. I had to replace everything but Profiles from my last backup to get going again.

Msybe the jsbridge.xpt under the folder componrntd under browser folder was not added to the components folder in omni.ja under browser.

Not having the jsbridge.xpt in omni.ja caused some crashes for me.

Date: July 12, 2014 12:39AM

@ George

There was no omni.ja in the update.

km74b4u1.zip\browser\components\jsbridge.xpt

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 12, 2014 08:18AM

JamesD
@ George

There was no omni.ja in the update.

km74b4u1.zip\browser\components\jsbridge.xpt

Yes but the file normally resides in ./browser/omni.ja/components/jsbridge.xpt

You unpack this part of the update where You desribed.

.\browser\components\jsbridge.xpt

Then You can add it with one of the newest versions of 7z as archive format zip to .browser/omni.ja. Note that older versions of 7z do not support this jar/ja. It must be since 9.32 or so AFAIK that 7z supports it.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: July 12, 2014 03:47PM

Well, it shouldn't crash without the xpt. But If it does, you have indeed to put it in the omni.ja manually

Date: July 12, 2014 04:01PM

Dorian: Is the freezing of tabs, etc. after having a couple of tabs open for a few hours that are reloading and have flash content fixable or not?

Date: July 13, 2014 06:54PM

Dorian
Well, it shouldn't crash without the xpt. But If it does, you have indeed to put it in the omni.ja manually

It is required to be in the browser\omni.ja file for preferences - privacy & security - cookies exceptions on my system.

After that change, it works great.

Date: July 13, 2014 10:36PM

Zero3K
Is the freezing of tabs, etc. after having a couple of tabs open for a few hours

If that happens it might be that it is a XP SP2 problem. Unless You cam do it with other browsers e.g. Firefox on your system.

Flash is another problem because it iteself else some overly resource hungry flash film/apps can cause problems that the system / process explorer assigns to be caused by the respective browser.

p.s. The XPT must be in omni.ja else the one in that archive are used.
Unless You do code changes that make that the new one from another folder is used.

Easiest for mere users like me to overwrite the described location with a new xpt.

I like fire and forget copy and replace solutions.:cool:

Date: July 13, 2014 10:36PM

Zero3K
Dorian: Is the freezing of tabs, etc. after having a couple of tabs open for a few hours that are reloading and have flash content fixable or not?

Without using plugin container, no.
And the state of its compatibility with kmeleon seems even worse with gecko 31.

Date: July 13, 2014 10:46PM

Dorian
Zero3K

Without using plugin container, no.
And the state of its compatibility with kmeleon seems even worse with gecko 31.

Well, its also occurring to another user that only has a few auto-reloading tabs open. I also noticed that its probably because of a sub-thread in the PR_Now thread since its using 40-50% CPU when its freezing.

Date: July 14, 2014 03:30PM

Ok, in fact the problem is not flash, but js memory leak. It freezes in the garbage collector when it ran out of memory. Instead of reloading, you should try closing and reopening the tab, but I don't think this is doable with macro.

I wanted to do some test with FF30, but flash doesn't work with it, so it wasn't kmeleon after all.

Date: July 14, 2014 04:43PM

Dorian
Ok, in fact the problem is not flash, but js memory leak. It freezes in the garbage collector when it ran out of memory. Instead of reloading, you should try closing and reopening the tab, but I don't think this is doable with macro.

I wanted to do some test with FF30, but flash doesn't work with it, so it wasn't kmeleon after all.

Is the memory leak fixable?

Date: July 14, 2014 04:59PM

Dorian,
I've published RU locale for K-Meleon and described one nasty bug I have in pref pane in that thread.

You are welcome to add this to next KM build but we need to solve the problem described.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 04:59PM by rodocop.

Date: July 14, 2014 06:02PM

Dorian

I am unsure how much this can help. I don't know how to predict when the js leak will get bad. This can reopen a tab using CTRL ALT T if there remains one other tab in the window.

reopentab.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- reopentab.kmm
# ---------- ReOpen a tab and load same url (requires at least two tabs in window)
#
# Dependencies        : main.kmm
# Resources           : -  
# Preferences         : -
# Version             : 1.0  2014-07-14  		
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reopentab_close {
if ( $TabNumber > 1 ) {
	$reopentab_URL = $URL ;
	$reopentab_status = "HOT";
	id(ID_CLOSE_TAcool smiley;
	} else {
	alert( "Only one tab.", "Cannot reopen.", EXCLAIM);
}

_reopentab_open {
if ($reopentab_status == "HOT") {
	$reopentab_status = "COLD";
	opentab( $reopentab_URL );
	}
}

_reopentab_SetAccels {
	setaccel( "CTRL ALT T", "macros(reopentab_close)" );
}

## - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
$OnCloseTab=$OnCloseTab."_reopentab_open;";
$OnInit=$OnInit."_reopentab_SetAccels;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."reopentab;";

Date: July 14, 2014 08:40PM

Zero3K
Is the memory leak fixable?

Ask mozilla :p
Or twitch.tv could fix their bloated scripts.

We all know that memory usage is not mozilla priority sad smiley

Posted by: THX1138
Date: July 14, 2014 11:42PM

Ain't that the truth? lol.

Posted by: sebachtian
Date: July 15, 2014 12:48AM

Hola. smiling smiley

Esta version me funciona de maravilla en w7 !!!muchas gracia por tu trabajo...

Thanks and congratulations grinning smiley

Posted by: Ricks
Date: July 18, 2014 11:49AM

When I make a new profile, the 'Locale:' button is shaded so I can't change the profile directory.

How do I fix that?

Date: July 18, 2014 01:10PM

'Locale' is not a 'location'.

KM selects place for your profile itself (if full installation than it is created in User Application Data system path; if portable - under rootfolder of KMeleon).

Locale stands for the 'localization' - it selects the GUI language.

Date: July 18, 2014 09:03PM

Ricks
When I make a new profile, the 'Locale:' button is shaded so I can't change the profile directory.

How do I fix that?

The locale button is greyed when You use a version that has no alternative languages in ./k-meleon (install dir)/locales/

You can change that if You translate the en-US version to en-AU or en-UK and put it there under the appropriate name.

Profiles: You go. Manage Profiles. Create a new profile. Choose: Ask at startup.
Then select the profile You want.

You can use the command line to create a desktop link that uses a specific profile.

A reference of the command line options is available locally:

e.g. ./K-Meleon74.b4/browser/defaults/commands.html

BTW. I install each K-Meleon with its exact version number or purpose with its own profile in its install diretory and start it with the param "-new". That way I can have identical or customized installs that can be started at the same time. HDD space is cheap. I find that solution most convenient for me.

Example: E:\back_e\K-Meleon74.b4\k-meleon.exe -new

Profiles can be duplicated. They are not internally aware of their exact path (normally). That way You can export presets easily. Create one with a new name and copy a preconfigured old one in to it. That is all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2014 09:23PM by guenter.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 18, 2014 09:06PM

Has any sense to have extensions.blocklist.enabled set as true by default as the activate plugin screen doesn't work to activate a "presumed vulnerable" plugin?

I think this could be set to false for K-meleon, unless that screen has been fixed, as, for Firefox, the main reason is to disallow the installation of dangerous add-ons, which aren't available to K-meleon and plugins aren't that dangerous.

Or maybe set the preference to avoid update check for plugins.

Date: July 18, 2014 10:31PM

I think we'll need to wipe out all the mozilla's prefs and files that do not work in K-Meleon - for stable release when it comes to this.

And now I think the right solution is delete this pref.

Posted by: Ricks
Date: July 18, 2014 11:21PM

guenter
Ricks

How do I fix that?

The locale button is greyed when You use a version that has no alternative languages in ./k-meleon (install dir)/locales/

You can change that if You translate the en-US version to en-AU or en-UK and put it there under the appropriate name.

Profiles: You go. Manage Profiles. Create a new profile. Choose: Ask at startup.
Then select the profile You want.

You can use the command line to create a desktop link that uses a specific profile.

A reference of the command line options is available locally:

e.g. ./K-Meleon74.b4/browser/defaults/commands.html

BTW. I install each K-Meleon with its exact version number or purpose with its own profile in its install diretory and start it with the param "-new". That way I can have identical or customized installs that can be started at the same time. HDD space is cheap. I find that solution most convenient for me.

Example: E:\back_e\K-Meleon74.b4\k-meleon.exe -new

Profiles can be duplicated. They are not internally aware of their exact path (normally). That way You can export presets easily. Create one with a new name and copy a preconfigured old one in to it. That is all.

Thanks for your help, I understand that part now.

However, I'm having a problem with the path location or something, I must be doing something wrong.

This is what I have in the command line -

D:\K-Meleon\k-meleon.exe -profilesDir "d:\K-Meleon Profiles\w9xqg0lj.rick"

It just comes up with an error.
I've tried different combinations for path.

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.