K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 3
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: April 16, 2014 09:41PM

JamesD
Zero3k
1. How do I remove the maximum tab limit? If its not possible for a user to remove it, it should be removed in its code.

Are you speaking of a hard upper limit or the number before there is a warning? If it is the number before a warning, then the following pref could have it's value increased.

browser.tabs.maxOpenBeforeWarn

If it is a hard upper limit, then I don't know.

Its a hard upper limit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 16, 2014 09:47PM

thomase13
I would like my current tab to stay in the foreground when I Ctrl-click to open a link in a new tab. There is an option which looks like it should do that, but the checkbox is greyed out!

You can use EDIT - CONFIGURATION - ACCELERATORS and add the following line.

CTRL LButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUNDTAB

Save the file and restart KM.

Date: April 17, 2014 12:01AM

Zero3K
2. Is anyone able to replicate the crashes which occur when opening and closing a new tab multiple times?

I am not sure if I did the test correctly, but I used the open and close tab buttons to open and close a new tab for ten cycles. My new tab is always blank. Nothing failed.

Date: April 17, 2014 12:08AM

JamesD
Zero3K
2. Is anyone able to replicate the crashes which occur when opening and closing a new tab multiple times?

I am not sure if I did the test correctly, but I used the open and close tab buttons to open and close a new tab for ten cycles. My new tab is always blank. Nothing failed.

You should consider doing it for 20-40 times by pressing CTRL+T and CTRL+W.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 12:09AM by Zero3K.

Date: April 17, 2014 12:49AM

Zero3K
JamesD
Zero3K

I did 35 times. I have KM 73 beta 3 with all updates on Win 7(32 bit) w/3 gigs ram if that makes any difference. No failure so far.

Date: April 17, 2014 01:06AM

Since Dorian put it an update with the note that it could increase performance, I decided that I would make use of the pref("consoleservice.enabled"). I often work on macros and for testing them, I seldom need to know of XML or CSS errors. Now, I know that I can turn off their display in the error console, but the service is still running so there is not a performance gain.

So I made a small change to console2.kmm and created ConsoleKO.kmm to make it easy to switch the pref and have the menu in Tools reflect the type of Error Console running.

This code is located at:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/Console2_Type.7z

Edit: Withdrawn - see http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,127127,127572#msg-127572

Just extract the 7z file to your KM root folder. You might wish to make a copy of or move your existing console2.kmm file prior to loading my change.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 06:30PM by JamesD.

Date: April 17, 2014 01:07AM

JamesD
Zero3K
JamesD
Zero3K

I did 35 times. I have KM 73 beta 3 with all updates on Win 7(32 bit) w/3 gigs ram if that makes any difference. No failure so far.

Did you do it slowly or quickly?

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 17, 2014 08:49AM

JamesD
Since Dorian put it an update with the note that it could increase performance, I decided that I would make use of the pref("consoleservice.enabled"). I often work on macros and for testing them, I seldom need to know of XML or CSS errors. Now, I know that I can turn off their display in the error console, but the service is still running so there is not a performance gain.

So I made a small change to console2.kmm and created ConsoleKO.kmm to make it easy to switch the pref and have the menu in Tools reflect the type of Error Console running.

This code is located at:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/Console2_Type.7z

Just extract the 7z file to your KM root folder. You might wish to make a copy of or move your existing console2.kmm file prior to loading my change.

Just to clear it, the performance decrease happens *only* if you have the console opened and that pref set to true.

That is because when you visit pages loads a list of errors and it is very CPU time consuming.

But set the pref to false or true and the console closed has no effect on performance.

Posted by: Leah
Date: April 17, 2014 10:21AM

thomase13
[*] I am still having a problem with the Web search button.
I had used it to search with Google from the address bar in K-M 1.5.4, but now it will only search Wikipedia no matter what I change my settings to.

I think I know how to fix that. Search from addressbar uses your default search engine. Select a word in a page and right-click menu for Web Search and choose Google and then right-click again and with a check mark next to Google choose 'Use as Default Search Engine'. If Google isn't in the menu of Web Search then you will need to add it in K-meleon preferences/Finding websites/Web search.

Date: April 17, 2014 06:27PM

I think I must withdraw the change I made for consoleservice.enabled and the Error Console.

JohnHell indicated the preformance gain was only available when the console was open.

It was also pointed out that there would be a problem with my console2.kmm if the pref was not included in kmeleon.js. Apparently a missing pref in this case lets the console service run. Since the results of a check by getpref() is zero or false for both a false value and when the pref is missing, there is no easy way to validate the situation.

See: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,127127,127565#msg-127565

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 11:32AM by JamesD.

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 17, 2014 06:28PM

Leah
thomase13
[*] I am still having a problem with the Web search button.
I had used it to search with Google from the address bar in K-M 1.5.4, but now it will only search Wikipedia no matter what I change my settings to.

I think I know how to fix that. Search from addressbar uses your default search engine. Select a word in a page and right-click menu for Web Search and choose Google and then right-click again and with a check mark next to Google choose 'Use as Default Search Engine'. If Google isn't in the menu of Web Search then you will need to add it in K-meleon preferences/Finding websites/Web search.

That should do the trick. It does here update the entry in about:config.

Else You can change these keys via about:config?

kmeleon.general.searchEngine;http://duckduckgo.com/?q=

kmeleon.general.searchEngineName;DuckDuckGo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 06:33PM by guenter.

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: April 18, 2014 09:10AM

Dorian
Chanson Yu
1.New zh-CN locale file include the installer.nsh .http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTjwneZ

2.The mouse gestures action couldn't be changed.

3.The QQ mail wasn't supported. https://en.mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/loginpage

4.Zoom in problem of this site: http://trade.500.com/jczq/

5.The enhanced track mouse gestures plugin (http://code.google.com/p/k-meleon-plugins/) with breaking scrollbar bug in K-Meleon 74 could be fix ?

1. Thanks.
2. Fixed next update.
4. Same in firefox, maybe a bug of gecko or the site (3. could be the same).
5. Try http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/gestures.zip
1.Dorian,Thanks for fixing the breaking scrollbar bug in the enhanced track mouse gestures plugin,but there is a small problem.

2.The QQ mail wasn't supported in K-Meleon 74,But no problem in the Firefox. https://en.mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/loginpage
However, when I set the general.useragent.compatMode.firefox to true,K-Meleon will work normally! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 09:16AM by Chanson Yu.

Date: April 18, 2014 11:31AM

Zero3K

JamesD

Zero3K

JamesD

Zero3K

Did you do it slowly or quickly?

Quickly, I suppose. I just held doww the CTRL key and alternately pressed the T and W keys.

Date: April 18, 2014 05:49PM

About the console performance issues, I found that all are related to CSS entries.

You can have loads of errors of any kind (actually javascript, the others are rare to fire up) and the console doesn't slow down the browser so much and open the console with that bunch of entries doesn't lock K-meleon for a minute or so to show the errors. Once you enable to show CSS errors... there you have the issue.

Also, when you click on a CSS error entry, there is a gap time where the console is slightly unresponsive until the entry gets focused. Doesn't happen with javascript errors.

I thought it was about the base64 decoding for the CSS style of the console window (that could be a high CPU time consuming process, and more repeating a lot in the console), but, no...

I can live without debugging CSS errors and I'll enable only when I need it (usually testing them locally). Other history could be if the issue was with javascript.

I was focusing on this issue after I was trying to make refControl compatible with K-meleon 74, but, let's face it, the javascript and code used in extensions is, to my eyes, a mess and confusing. I can't do them. I don't need that extension but I gave a try. I'll leave it to who can do it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 06:12PM by JohnHell.

Date: April 18, 2014 07:19PM

JohnHell
Also, when you click on a CSS error entry, there is a gap time where the console is slightly unresponsive until the entry gets focused. Doesn't happen with javascript errors.

I have noticed that some of items don't show until you move the mouse. I suggest that you test by moving the mouse right after the window becomes visible and in the next session leave the mouse alone after you have clicked in the console.

Date: April 18, 2014 09:12PM

:-?

I haven't that issue.

I've seen entries disappearing, but not not appearing.

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: April 20, 2014 02:31PM

1.It seems that the proxy in KM74 doesn't work,and the new proxy configuration couldn't be saved.

2.The usage of CPU when watching the videos could be improved? Almost accupied 70% !

Frohe Ostern! / Proxy
Date: April 20, 2014 04:34PM

Ich wünsche allen frohe Ostern! Happy Eastern to all!

Chanson Yu
1.It seems that the proxy in KM74 doesn't work,and the new proxy configuration couldn't be saved.

2.The usage of CPU when watching the videos could be improved? Almost accupied 70% !

1.) hm :s. I succefully saved a dummy configuration on XP SP 3. It saved.
I never have to use a proxy. Maybe You can post a real test configuration?

Verify that You have writing privileges and the usual stuff like K-Meleon is not in a Sandbox (I had that on a Win 7 machien once and searched for ages!) and no other guard program prevents writing on HDD.

Maybe also look into the Error Console and post results if they indicate chrome errors. It should normally make Chrome and/or JS errors if the feature is broken.

Swich CSS debugging off since that consumes much CPU and RAM when many CSS errors are present.

Here we go. I'd first tested with a manually updated b2.

But I can confirm the error. b3... throws an error.

ErrorConsole read out/copy/paste:

Sun Apr 20 2014 18:37:03
Error: NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.getIntPref]
Source file: chrome://kmprefs/content/pref-proxy.xul
Line: 469

So there is an issue with this chrome item in some betas.

The omni.ja in ./browser (where that feature works for me) has the file date 23.03.2014.

Others with time stamp 10.03.14... throw the error.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2014 06:50PM by guenter.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: April 21, 2014 06:17PM

thomase13
[*] YouTube comments do not work. I have explained this in detail a few posts above.

I have the same problem with firefox.

[*] Left-clicking the History toolbar button does nothing. It should open your history!

wfm

Date: April 22, 2014 07:18PM

What's the status of Beta 4?

EDIT:

1. I've been noticing another bug involving its Login Manager plugin. It doesn't work on the login forms on Webcams.com and Openmailbox.org.

2. When having tabs opening next to the current tab, opening multiple tabs via inputting a folder's nickname should open them in the order they are listed in (like how it does when they're opened when the option is set to opening tabs next to the last one).

3. Using the "Reload Continuously" macro on http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/index.php and http://www.streamate.com makes its favicon shown in the tab be changed to the default icon.

4. The default icon for a tab (when using the AuraAlpha skin) should be changed to a document looking one (like Opera 12's) instead of the circle it currently is showing.

5. I am able to replicate the crash caused by K-Meleon.exe. To do so, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/GameGrumps, open one of the videos listed in a new tab, then close the new tab as its loading.

6. Scrolling using the wheel on a mouse or the keyboard via the up/down arrows randomly doesn't work on mangas viewed via http://www.pixiv.net.

7. Here's a listing of memory addresses that it is using with multiple tabs open with a few of them having Flash being used:

http://d-h.st/otX

8. Here's two text files containing information regarding hangs I was experiencing after leaving it running overnight:

http://d-h.st/qD0
http://d-h.st/oci

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2014 03:58PM by Zero3K.

Date: April 23, 2014 03:02PM

Zero3K

1. I've been noticing another bug involving its Login Manager plugin. It doesn't work on the login forms on Webcams.com and Openmailbox.org.

4. The default icon for a tab (when using the AuraAlpha skin) should be changed to a document looking one (like Opera 12's) instead of the circle it currently is showing.

5. I am able to replicate the crash caused by K-Meleon.exe. To do so, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/GameGrumps, open one of the videos listed in a new tab, then close the new tab as its loading.

Did You verify 1.) - 5.) with Firefox ESR? It works there? Yes or no?

4.) What do You mean? Is this a request for development?

IMHO it shows the file named "default.ico". And for me - it does not show a circle. My "default.ico" shows a red K in a green point. That is how it must look.
BTW: K-Meleon's skin icos and bmp are exchangable and I want them to stay exchangable.

And I do not want K-Meleon to look or behave like Opera for the mere reason You want that. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 23, 2014 09:00PM

How can I test those issues using Firefox 24 ESR when they involve features that are not available in it without addons?

Date: April 24, 2014 12:26AM

I mentioned this beforr on the 19th but I wanted to present more data now. The display of symbols in error console and display of source view of errors is currently delayed until a key is pressed or the mouse is moved.

In the original Beta 3, there was no delay. The delay has been introduced by the changes in k-meleon.exe as the script below will show. In order to see the source of a KMM (macro) error there can be no spaces in the KM root folder name.

This is my testing method:
Testing method - Console symbols delay

Create a folder named KM74beta3x.  Name must not contain spaces.

Install (custom) Dorian's Beta 3 code into folder as portable.

Rename k-meleon.exe to k-meleon.001  3/8/14  2058 KB

Extract Dorian's update # 1

Rename k-meleon.exe to k-meleon.002  3/23/14 2059 KB

Extract Dorian's update # 2

Rename k-meleon.exe to k-meleon.003  4/13/14 2060 KB

Copy my macro, snippet.kmm, to macros folder.  It has an error for testing.

Edit kmeleon.js and make consoleservice.enabled = true

To this point I have not run the exe nor made a profile.

Review the setup for the test.  All updates are in place.

Rename k-meleon.001 to k-meleon.exe for first test.

Started KM and created a profile for test 1.

Run error console - symbols and source view is imediate.   
Stop KM and delete the profile. 

Rename k-meleon.002 to k-meleon.exe for second test.

Started KM and created a profile for test 2.

Run error console - symbols and source view is delayed.

Display of symbols is delayed until the mouse moves or a key is pressed.

Display of source when selected is delayed in the same way.

Stop KM and delete the profile. 

Rename k-meleon.003 to k-meleon.exe for third test.

Started KM and created a profile for test 3.

Run the error console.  None of the symbols either at the tabs or to the 
left of the errors are showing until I move the mouse.

The view of the KMM error source is delayed until I move the mouse.

I set the pref for consoleservice to false and exited and restarted KM.  

I ran the error console (KMM only) and this time the symbols in the tabs were delayed, 
but the symbols to the left of the errors and warnings were visible.  View source 
on the KMM error was delayed until mouse move.

Date: April 24, 2014 05:45PM

Zero3K
How can I test those issues using Firefox 24 ESR when they involve features that are not available in it without addons?

Especially 1.) and all the ones involving flash objects.

FF certainly has similar functions for most of the issues mentioned.
If not automated reload. Do it manually...

But My humble guess is that You do not bother to try and let others do it.

Now why do You expect anyone to take Your reports seriously when You did no cross testing of the flash content rich pages with a similar GRE?

Date: April 24, 2014 10:13PM

Zero3K

EDIT:

2. When having tabs opening next to the current tab, opening multiple tabs via inputting a folder's nickname should open them in the order they are listed in (like how it does when they're opened when the option is set to opening tabs next to the last one).

3. Using the "Reload Continuously" macro on http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/index.php and http://www.streamate.com makes its favicon shown in the tab be changed to the default icon.

6. Scrolling using the wheel on a mouse or the keyboard via the up/down arrows randomly doesn't work on mangas viewed via http://www.pixiv.net.

7. Here's a listing of memory addresses that it is using with multiple tabs open with a few of them having Flash being used:

8. Here's two text files containing information regarding hangs I was experiencing after leaving it running overnight:

1. I can replicate it on Firefox 24 ESR.
2. Not replicable on Firefox 24 ESR since there's no option to choose how the tabs are opened and there's no nickname support.
3. Not replicable on Firefox 24 ESR since there's no option to refresh the tab automatically.
5. Not replicable on Firefox 24 ESR. Opening a new tab and closing it repeatedly for a while results in no crashes occurring.
6. Not replicable on Firefox 24 ESR. Mangas on Pixiv.net are scrollable with the mouse and keyboard.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2014 10:15PM by Zero3K.

Date: April 25, 2014 02:13AM

Could be achieved the performance (smoothness actually) of Firefox 24.0 ESR** by K-meleon 74 in this nasa site (and, therefore, similar sites in the future)?

https://earthdata.nasa.gov/labs/worldview/

Drag the map around in one and another browser and you'll see what I mean. Probably in powerful system can't be seen the difference.

It's a question, not a mandatory feature request.

I post the above site just because could be the best example for some kind of general lack of smooth in K-meleon window content and/or drawing/render.

** as a doubt I used this version even I think is 24.3 ESR being used in K-meleon 74b3

Date: April 25, 2014 01:14PM

Zero3K
Zero3K

EDIT:

2. Not replicable on Firefox 24 ESR since there's no option to choose how the tabs are opened and there's no nickname support.
3. Not replicable on Firefox 24 ESR since there's no option to refresh the tab automatically.
5. Not replicable on Firefox 24 ESR. Opening a new tab and closing it repeatedly for a while results in no crashes occurring.
6. Not replicable on Firefox 24 ESR. Mangas on Pixiv.net are scrollable with the mouse and keyboard.

THANK YOU.

As far as I remember from old times. That is like needed to preserve the developers time!

(Our time was\is abundant but there were always only one or two developers.)

The next step is other users must try to follow Your receipe on other machines.
If they (or some of them) find the same error, they will confirm the find and then Dorian tries Your rceipe (or with macros maybe all that can code them) to get the bug.

If we are luky Dorian has a crash too. grinning smiley

If not our PCs' might be a wee bit too old for multible flash heavy pages. :mad:

1.) So they (like my home bank) do not want PWD manager support. sad smiley

2.) You could IMHO try to emulate on the pages that give the bug with a FF bookmarks folder and Right Click open all (that You bookmarked in this test bookmarks folder) in a tab. If it is in the GRE it should choke on the links now.

If not? Either the K-Meleon macro or something else on the K-Meleon side or the working together is the cause.

3.) You can try whether FF chokes with fast manually repeating the refresh several times.

If not? Again it could be the macro or anything on the K-Meleon side.

5.) Ok.

6.) Ok.

p.s. I currently cannot repeat test-reipes involving flash. My laptop's ventilation must be cleaned first.

AMD Turion 64 with GB RAM. It just blacks out from overheating.

Date: April 25, 2014 02:41PM

guenter
Zero3K
Zero3K

EDIT:

THANK YOU.

As far as I remember from old times. That is like needed to preserve the developers time!

(Our time was\is abundant but there were always only one or two developers.)

The next step is other users must try to follow Your receipe on other machines.
If they (or some of them) find the same error, they will confirm the find and then Dorian tries Your rceipe (or with macros maybe all that can code them) to get the bug.

If we are luky Dorian has a crash too. grinning smiley

If not our PCs' might be a wee bit too old for multible flash heavy pages. :mad:

1.) So they (like my home bank) do not want PWD manager support. sad smiley

2.) You could IMHO try to emulate on the pages that give the bug with a FF bookmarks folder and Right Click open all (that You bookmarked in this test bookmarks folder) in a tab. If it is in the GRE it should choke on the links now.

If not? Either the K-Meleon macro or something else on the K-Meleon side or the working together is the cause.

3.) You can try whether FF chokes with fast manually repeating the refresh several times.

If not? Again it could be the macro or anything on the K-Meleon side.

5.) Ok.

6.) Ok.

p.s. I currently cannot repeat test-reipes involving flash. My laptop's ventilation must be cleaned first.

AMD Turion 64 with GB RAM. It just blacks out from overheating.

1. It could still be a bug that can be fixed.
2. Its not choking on the links that are being opened. So, its an issue with K-Meleon then.
3. The favicon for Streamate.com shows up even after refreshing the page multiple times. So, its an issue with K-Meleon then.

Date: April 26, 2014 04:06AM

Here's a link to a default.ico for the AuraAlpha skin that looks like Firefox's old one:

http://d-h.st/PUs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2014 04:07AM by Zero3K.

Date: April 26, 2014 06:20PM

Zero3K
Here's a link to a default.ico for the AuraAlpha skin that looks like Firefox's old one:

http://d-h.st/PUs

That will not help. Dorian seems to like the icons and layout in the AuraAlphaCompact.smiling smiley

But. Drop Your default.ico into Your used skin and see what happens. K-Meleon reacts to the name. You can also replace loading.ico... You can change them all.

K-Meleon will use the files with the correct names. BTW. Christophe, the first dev, wanted to create a easy to skin version of the winembed/mfcembed.exe code.

Phoenity-aura icons are designed by Lim Chee Aun. They are a set. Dorian liked it. So disrupted and I ported the pics for the current Aura skins and added some more (that we liked) in a similar style. From this set Dorian chose the ones he liked best.

They are the default skins created for the convenience of new users, user not interested in the looks and people that like this skin and icon set.

Several old users have other personalized skins.

I personalized my Aura skin like this. For I also like Lim Chee Aun's Aura icons and their style but not all icons of the default choice. I have my own throbber. A pic from the homepage of the creator of the first version of privacy.dll.
And some other changes... grinning smiley

Maybe it is time for You to join this old users club.:O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2014 06:51PM by guenter.

Attachments: skin.gif (17.4 KB)  
Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.