Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 3
Posted by: kingsparrow
Date: March 24, 2014 02:41AM

It don't freeze or hang anymore,it's more responsive now...........winxp pro

thanks for the update fix Dorian.......good work you do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: March 24, 2014 03:34AM

JohnHell
Zero3K
JohnHell
Zero3K
One bug I just noticed which hasn't been fixed is that when typing a URL into the Address Bar with "Autocomplete as you type" enabled causes parts of other URLs in the history of visited sites to be added to the end of the one being typed.

That's not a bug.

I spent time on finding how the hell to fix it and was a feature of the new so called "Awesome bar" introduced in I can't remember what version of Firefox. The best fix for that I found and it's explained along the web is to change the "browser.urlbar.default.behavior" pref setting. I set it to 17 and it's quite acceptable, but you can't get ride of that odd feature http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.urlbar.default.behavior

Adding that option didn't fix the mentioned issue.

Should work for autocomplete too, as well as matching confused smiley Maybe indeed a bug with autocomplete.

It is a bug in its autocomplete code. I hope its fixed soon.

Date: March 24, 2014 05:20AM

There are some bugs I noticed when messing around with some functions on http://www.twitch.tv/directory:

1. The custom shortcuts I made for switching betwen tabs using 1 and 2 don't work all the time on tabs containing a list of one of the games shown in that url.
2. Using the custom shortcuts when opening tabs of streams located in the list of games causes the shown tab to not be highlighted in the tab bar every so often (especially when switching the tabs as they're still loading).
3. Using the default Hardware Acceleration settings results in the pages of most tabs being blacked out after loading streams in multiple tabs.

Posted by: Leah
Date: March 24, 2014 10:00AM

Thank you. (Happy camper)
Found little bug, the Background Image menu in Page properties opens about:blank.

Date: March 24, 2014 04:56PM

Zero3K
Here's a link to a Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) Image that might help with fixing some issues:

http://d-h.st/v9o

Will the issues of the missing dependencies and the similar errors containing "Warning: attempting to write 7822 bytes to preference kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Last Session.window1.tab8. This is bad for general performance and memory usage. Such an amount of data should rather be written to an external file." be fixed soon?

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 25, 2014 01:38AM

Zero3K
Zero3K
Here's a link to a Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) Image that might help with fixing some issues:

Will the issues of the missing dependencies and the similar errors containing "Warning: attempting to write 7822 bytes to preference kmeleon.plugins.sessions2.Last Session.window1.tab8. This is bad for general performance and memory usage. Such an amount of data should rather be written to an external file." be fixed soon?

Are the errors similar to dependencies?

That info is always written into prefs.js. Where else?

7 kb is acceptable IMHO. Plus - You do not save that big a session every day.

Thx for reading my post.

Date: March 25, 2014 02:42AM

guenter
Zero3K
Zero3K

Are the errors similar to dependencies?

That info is always written into prefs.js. Where else?

7 kb is acceptable IMHO. Plus - You do not save that big a session every day.

Thx for reading my post.

1. No, I meant errors that are written in a similar fashion to the one I mentioned in quotes.
2. I don't know.

Date: March 25, 2014 03:53AM

Here's the Event Log entries of a few crashes I've been experiencing every so often:

Faulting application name: k-meleon.exe, version: 74.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x532eafa6
Faulting module name: k-meleon.exe, version: 74.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x532eafa6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00011657
Faulting process id: 0x1290
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf47cf816c0e6c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\k-meleon.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\k-meleon.exe
Report Id: 78e32cd6-b3d0-11e3-9479-001d60724170

Faulting application name: k-meleon.exe, version: 74.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x532eafa6
Faulting module name: mozjs.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53122eae
Fault offset: 0x00104485
Faulting process id: 0x1e60
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf47b7057d60ac
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\mozjs.dll
Report Id: e4a67823-b3b3-11e3-9479-001d60724170

Faulting module name: NPSWF32_13_0_0_168.dll, version: 13.0.0.168, time stamp: 0x5324f040
Fault offset: 0x001d8cc6
Faulting process id: 0x1348
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf472745c3a7bf
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_13_0_0_168.dll
Report Id: 9e39255a-b3a2-11e3-9479-001d60724170

Faulting module name: k-meleon.exe, version: 74.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x532eafa6
Fault offset: 0x00011644
Faulting process id: 0x205c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf47dd49fd22ef
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\k-meleon.exe
Report Id: 7761ab31-b3d8-11e3-9479-001d60724170

Faulting module name: xul.dll, version: 24.3.0.5148, time stamp: 0x5316cf82
Fault offset: 0x004added
Faulting process id: 0x2514
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf47e541ae328b
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\xul.dll
Report Id: 96eaf207-b3d8-11e3-9479-001d60724170

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2014 04:55AM by Zero3K.

Date: March 25, 2014 08:58PM

Maybe read for causes:

http://compfreakstars.blogspot.de/2011/11/0xc0000005-error-every-day-many.html

The thing is that K-Melon crashes often at Your system and rarely on mine.

It might be a K-Meleon fault but please also look into other reasons. Via Google.

p.s. Resource hogging. You wrote that K-Meleon wanted to write 8000 odd bites into prefs.js to store a session. With current RAM and especially HDD sizes this is not much and profiles's prefs.js is the place to store settings. Dorian can change it but why? It is no K-Meleon bug that You use big sessions and want to save them.

Date: March 25, 2014 09:04PM

guenter
Maybe read for causes:

It might be a K-Meleon fault but please also look into other reasons. Via Google.

p.s. Resource hogging. You wrote that K-Meleon wanted to write 8000 odd bites into prefs.js to store a session. With current RAM and especially HDD sizes this is not much and profiles's prefs.js is the place to store settings. Dorian can change it but why? It is no K-Meleon bug that You use big sessions and want to save them.

1. Its not related to any of the things mentioned on that page you gave a link to.
2. I think that its not storing all the settings to the prefs.js like it should.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: March 25, 2014 09:16PM

@Zero3K
Did you remove the old plugins? The only problem I saw with missing dependencies are the locale dlls, which are not loaded correctly and I'll fix this. The session plugin is working great so I won't fix the warning for this release. It's not really an issue anyways, unless you're saving a lot of big sessions.

Zero3K
One bug I just noticed which hasn't been fixed is that when typing a URL into the Address Bar with "Autocomplete as you type" enabled causes parts of other URLs in the history of visited sites to be added to the end of the one being typed.

Isn't that the purpose of this option?

JohnHell
Now, if you let me tell a new bug? It's quite intermitent, but, sometimes, the drop down list (history) of the URL bar keeps open and you have to focus the URL bar text and press ESC or TAB and then disappears. Maybe it's fixed too, but I haven't seen the issue yet in my firsts steps with these update so I can't confirm.

It's a bit random but I have a possible fix.

Date: March 25, 2014 09:17PM

Zero3K
guenter
Maybe read for causes:

1. Its not related to any of the things mentioned on that page you gave a link to.
2. I think that its not storing all the settings to the prefs.js like it should.

!.) You are a fast reader. Are You sure?

// Again and again some of Your faults point at security software.

You need a fault and a receipe that is reproducable on other systems.
Merely to prove a bug.

2.) How big was Your session that You wanted to store? Several tabs I assume.

BTW. For K-Meleon bugs You need to do a cross test with Firefox esr 24 or eqivalent SeaMonkey that prove that Firefox/SM can do it without problems.
K-Meleon 74 is AFAIK a native Windows not XUL shell on the esr 24 GRE.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 25, 2014 10:06PM

Dorian
JohnHell
Now, if you let me tell a new bug? It's quite intermitent, but, sometimes, the drop down list (history) of the URL bar keeps open and you have to focus the URL bar text and press ESC or TAB and then disappears. Maybe it's fixed too, but I haven't seen the issue yet in my firsts steps with these update so I can't confirm.

Ok, thanks Dorian smiling smiley

Indeed it's quite random, as it is another [maybe] related thing. I have a bookmark nickname for some K-meleon forums to open at once and when I type it, "that obviously" I set to "k" for nickname tongue sticking out smiley the drop down list doesn't show sometimes. Randomly too. The nickname still works and open the bookmarks, but the drop down is not seen.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 25, 2014 10:33PM

Hmm, reading about sessions, and with the extremely rare occasion that active developers are around, I can't quite resist...
I'm using them often, and they are often HUGE (30-50tabs), and occasionally there happens a crash, all with KM1.6 on win98 of course. Mostly due to some weird css-bug in old versions I think but that's not the point. The real prob is that I would like to restore those sessions, but need different settings to reduce the traffic load, to speed up and to enhance security and crash-resistance. That means with blocked images, JS and stuff. But that's not offered by KM. Only directly at startup it asks the user if he wants to restore the old session, no chance to toggle anything, and if at this point one must say "no" the whole session is lost forever. As well as the cache, which is a giant prob for people on dialup. I know the thought behind this procedure is that one of the pages must be faulty and restoring the session would only crash yet again, but that's only rarely true if other settings can be used (JS blocked etc.)

The solution would be easy. Long time ago I made myself a lousy macro with endless loops that checks at startup for a crash session and if found it's copying each and every single url entry of "last" session to a default session "Last Crash", which is really a pain if written line after line after line after line on a slow machine with way too little RAM. But at least it allows to restore that session at some later point, not only directly after startup. And while I was at it and the loop existed already, added another function to copy the "previous" session and "last crash" session entries to a new name without having to first open all those pages. So basically a "copy session x to session y" or "renamy x to y" would be very handy.

Now I don't know how difficult it would be to implement those commands into the native plugin, but perhaps it would take just a few easy lines more code?? No clue, but at least wanted to mention it ;-)

Ah and another longstanding plugin wish would be a "refresh menu" command for favorites, because the native plugin has a very limited functionality, while the more comfortable extra macros have the huge prob that the menu entries can't get refreshed... There are workarounds, but complicated and not foolproof. Frankly I'm still using on win98 kko's extremely old solution to use the native IE function to add favorites, it worked great after just some minor updates. When I once tried it on a newer machine it threw some "security/forbidden" or whatever error, too bad :-/

Date: March 25, 2014 11:21PM

Dorian
@Zero3K
Did you remove the old plugins? The only problem I saw with missing dependencies are the locale dlls, which are not loaded correctly and I'll fix this. The session plugin is working great so I won't fix the warning for this release. It's not really an issue anyways, unless you're saving a lot of big sessions.

Zero3K

Isn't that the purpose of this option?

JohnHell

1. I did remove the Crash Report plugin and I have around 10-20 tabs open at a time.
2. Not when its adding something completly random to the end of the text being typed into it. Such as one of the URLS in a bookmark folder with the assicated nickname which is being typed will be added to the end of it.

Date: March 26, 2014 08:37PM

Another crash I just had deals with http://tv4embed.com/usa/cnn-usa-stream-1.html making K-Meleon use 1.5 GB of RAM after a while which results in the crash because of mozalloc.dll

Date: March 26, 2014 10:04PM

Zero3K
Another crash I just had deals with http://tv4embed.com/usa/cnn-usa-stream-1.html making K-Meleon use 1.5 GB of RAM after a while which results in the crash because of mozalloc.dll

No problem with memory or hangs after 2 minutes. What is "a while"? an hour?

The most issue is the irritation I have for that bunch of ads. Hate them.

Date: March 26, 2014 10:07PM

JohnHell
Zero3K

No problem with memory or hangs after 2 minutes. What is "a while"? an hour?

The most issue is the irritation I have for that bunch of ads. Hate them.

30-60 minutes.

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: March 27, 2014 01:52PM

1.New zh-CN locale file include the installer.nsh .http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTjwneZ

2.The mouse gestures action couldn't be changed.

3.The QQ mail wasn't supported. https://en.mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/loginpage

4.Zoom in problem of this site: http://trade.500.com/jczq/

5.The enhanced track mouse gestures plugin (http://code.google.com/p/k-meleon-plugins/) with breaking scrollbar bug in K-Meleon 74 could be fix ?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 27, 2014 04:08PM

siria
Ah and another longstanding plugin wish would be a "refresh menu" command for favorites, because the native plugin has a very limited functionality, while the more comfortable extra macros have the huge prob that the menu entries can't get refreshed... There are workarounds, but complicated and not foolproof. Frankly I'm still using on win98 kko's extremely old solution to use the native IE function to add favorites, it worked great after just some minor updates. When I once tried it on a newer machine it threw some "security/forbidden" or whatever error, too bad :-/

I have tested this only on KM 74 beta 3, but it does work there. I pulled some code from FRA_Combo just to do a refresh of the Favorites list. The part that concerns me is the utils.dll. I do not know if it will work on all versions of KM.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/favfresh.7z

Date: March 28, 2014 04:05PM

A note above findasyoutype: it used (previous versions) to cycle from last to first result and from first to last so it didn't stop when finding the first or last. Also, when reaching the first and search for a previous (that would match the last) it clears the text searched if it is not used the search box. If the search box is used, then only stops at first or last match.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: March 29, 2014 01:47AM

if cruise move on a flash video,it will freeze, move away,become fine.

Date: March 29, 2014 04:35AM

chinarobin

Please explain. I don't have that issue with most Flash Videos.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: March 29, 2014 09:11AM

Zero3K
chinarobin

Please explain. I don't have that issue with most Flash Videos.

it is always there on my win 8.1 ×64, dont know why.

Date: March 29, 2014 08:42PM

Here's the link to a report of a crash involving 74 Beta 3.1's mozjs.dll:

http://d-h.st/EbT

Posted by: Dorian
Date: March 30, 2014 09:30AM

Zero3K

I was able to reproduce it once, but couldn't debug it.
But now, I left one open for hours, and stil working fine.

Zero3K
2. Not when its adding something completly random to the end of the text being typed into it. Such as one of the URLS in a bookmark folder with the assicated nickname which is being typed will be added to the end of it.

Ok. Fixed for next update.

siria
Only directly at startup it asks the user if he wants to restore the old session, no chance to toggle anything, and if at this point one must say "no" the whole session is lost forever.

What missing is that "previous session" should become the "crashed session" in that case. I'll do that.

JohnHell
A note above findasyoutype: it used (previous versions) to cycle from last to first result and from first to last so it didn't stop when finding the first or last. Also, when reaching the first and search for a previous (that would match the last) it clears the text searched if it is not used the search box. If the search box is used, then only stops at first or last match.

If you use TAB, it does wrap around but if you use F3 "wrap around" must be checked in the find bar.
That wasn't intentional, f3 is handled by the old search code when tab is handled by my typeahead implementation.

chinarobin

I've also noticed it in firefox (without plugin container)

Chanson Yu
1.New zh-CN locale file include the installer.nsh .http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTjwneZ

5.The enhanced track mouse gestures plugin (http://code.google.com/p/k-meleon-plugins/) with breaking scrollbar bug in K-Meleon 74 could be fix ?

1. Thanks.
2. Fixed next update.
4. Same in firefox, maybe a bug of gecko or the site (3. could be the same).
5. Try http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/gestures.zip

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2014 09:31AM by Dorian.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 30, 2014 08:26PM

Dorian
What missing is that "previous session" should become the "crashed session" in that case. I'll do that.

Great, thanx! smiling smiley
Still amazed and delighted KM-development keeps going strong, approaching the next stable version or at least a good beta smiling smiley

Date: March 30, 2014 09:45PM

Dorian
Zero3K

I was able to reproduce it once, but couldn't debug it.
But now, I left one open for hours, and stil working fine.

Zero3K

Ok. Fixed for next update.

siria
Only directly at startup it asks the user if he wants to restore the old session, no chance to toggle anything, and if at this point one must say "no" the whole session is lost forever.

JohnHell

If you use TAB, it does wrap around but if you use F3 "wrap around" must be checked in the find bar.
That wasn't intentional, f3 is handled by the old search code when tab is handled by my typeahead implementation.

chinarobin

I've also noticed it in firefox (without plugin container)

Chanson Yu

1. Thanks.
2. Fixed next update.
4. Same in firefox, maybe a bug of gecko or the site (3. could be the same).
5. Try http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/gestures.zip

I was able to get it to crash because of different reasons by repeatedly opening and closing a tab for a few seconds.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: March 31, 2014 11:46PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:12PM by adodupan.

Date: April 02, 2014 05:18PM

When will the next beta be available? Btw, is it possible to fix the random CPU spikes on Flash streams such as the ones on Twitch.tv?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 07:25PM by Zero3K.

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.