K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
K-Meleon 74 Beta 3
Posted by: Dorian
Date: March 08, 2014 06:45PM

Download
French and german included.

There is a lot of small fixes. Also bookmarks should work better, and flash uses less cpu. I've a made a quick implementation of the type ahead finder, if it causes you trouble you can deactivate it with accessibility.typeaheadfind

If something you reported was not fixed repost it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 3
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: March 08, 2014 07:32PM

One bug I just noticed which hasn't been fixed is that when typing a URL into the Address Bar with "Autocomplete as you type" enabled causes parts of other URLs in the history of visited sites to be added to the end of the one being typed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 07:33PM by Zero3K.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 08, 2014 08:10PM

Hi, thanks for the fixes Dorian smiling smiley

I noticed that it hasn't been fixed the source code window problem where you can't scroll if you don't unfocus it first. By your previous answer wasn't clear if was a confirmed bug, or was happening it only to me.

I found that now the URL bar has thicker border around. I think that is intentional, isn't?

Was, also, introduced some kind of speel check? Now the words in the textarea when replying are being marked (I had defaulted the dictionary to es-ES, that's why happens). In Km74beta2 weren't smiling smiley

Zero3K
One bug I just noticed which hasn't been fixed is that when typing a URL into the Address Bar with "Autocomplete as you type" enabled causes parts of other URLs in the history of visited sites to be added to the end of the one being typed.

That's not a bug.

I spent time on finding how the hell to fix it and was a feature of the new so called "Awesome bar" introduced in I can't remember what version of Firefox. The best fix for that I found and it's explained along the web is to change the "browser.urlbar.default.behavior" pref setting. I set it to 17 and it's quite acceptable, but you can't get ride of that odd feature http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.urlbar.default.behavior

Date: March 08, 2014 08:41PM

JohnHell
Zero3K

That's not a bug.

I spent time on finding how the hell to fix it and was a feature of the new so called "Awesome bar" introduced in I can't remember what version of Firefox. The best fix for that I found and it's explained along the web is to change the "browser.urlbar.default.behavior" pref setting. I set it to 17 and it's quite acceptable, but you can't get ride of that odd feature http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.urlbar.default.behavior

Adding that option didn't fix the mentioned issue.

Date: March 08, 2014 09:01PM

---The findasyoutype feature makes unable to copy selected text, in the windows where it has been used, through right clic button>copy command. The selection vanishes when right clicking. But you can still copy through the common ctrl+c.

Disabling it fixes it, of course, or going to another window to use the feature and lock it in that new window.

Also you can't findasyoutype in source code windows.

---This one has been purelly a coincidence when I was testing other things.

I found that now it's not offered the inspection of the certificate or add an exception from the error message when you visit a page with an unknown/wrong certificate.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,125632,126119#msg-126100 Here it is said to be fixed but it isn't. There is only a continue button.

---Another bug is that now the spellcheck underlying can't be disabled!!! confused smiley

---One last thing I thought it was to be fixed, as I thought it was as beta too, is the history, you can't see the url where each entry points to; and if you don't use tabs, you can't open the entries in other ways than in the current window.

Zero3K
JohnHell
Zero3K

That's not a bug.

Adding that option didn't fix the mentioned issue.

Should work for autocomplete too, as well as matching confused smiley Maybe indeed a bug with autocomplete.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2014 01:26AM by JohnHell.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 08, 2014 10:56PM

JohnHell
---Another bug is that now the spellcheck underlying can't be disabled!!! confused smiley

LOL!! Sounds suspiciously familiar... reminds me of a 3 years old macro of mine, just meant as a workaround, and just *2 hours* later it was already unnecessary! grinning smiley My second post there contains some infos and links, perhaps it helps a bit again, no idea:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,113831

Date: March 09, 2014 12:07AM

The problem is that happens without any spellchecker plugin LOL.

I was writting here and at the next moment, without doing anything... boom, underlinings everywhere.

Looks as if it was taking this thing from an unkown pref or something or maybe my es-ES dictionary or... who know, because even in the prefs, it is disabled... weird weird weird.

EDIT: Nervermind, I restored the prefs from KM74b2 and worked... for the moment...

EDIT2: another feature, not a bug, I request is that when you hovered over the history displayed when right clicked on the back/forward arrows of the navar, the url was displayed in the status bar. In K-meleon 74 this was not implemented yet. This is something not important but I leave it here just in case it can be done.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2014 02:35AM by JohnHell.

Posted by: naruman
Date: March 09, 2014 03:46PM

About extensions folder , km can get 'chrome.manifest' in browser folder , but not able to read extensions 'manifest' files directly.

I think it's due to ff/mozilla need 'install.rdf' for every extension.

Any way i did some tests , and managed to run 'about:addons' & some element's work fine ,like :

get add-ons (open the site, but not downloading xpi files).
plugin (full work able/disable ,info ..).

also 'Appearance' , bout not used (firefox thing).

However 'Extensions' tab doesn't show any thing And i get this .

I think the 'install.rdf' need to rewrite for km somehow.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2014 04:29PM by naruman.

Date: March 09, 2014 04:48PM

JohnHell

I was writting here and at the next moment, without doing anything... boom, underlinings everywhere.

Looks as if it was taking this thing from an unkown pref or something or maybe my es-ES dictionary or... who know, because even in the prefs, it is disabled... weird weird weird.

You can disable Spell Check completly by adding an integer named layout.spellcheck and give it a value of 0.

Date: March 09, 2014 05:04PM

Zero3K
JohnHell

You can disable Spell Check completly by adding an integer named layout.spellcheck and give it a value of 0.

I wouldn't say that if I hadn't disabled smiling smiley

I already had it at 0 but for whatever reason, it wasn't taking effect.

Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: March 09, 2014 05:49PM

@Dorian

Hi,here is the locale file of the Chinese Simplified.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,127137

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2014 05:50PM by Chanson Yu.

Date: March 09, 2014 06:16PM

I have some issues to add:

1. Its having difficulty loading multiple Twitch Streams in their own tabs when Hardware Acceleration is enabled. Disabling it keeps the Streams running at a smmooth framerate. You can disable it by going to about:config and setting acceleration.layers.disabled and gfx.direct2d.disabled to true.

2. The tooltip that shows when hovering over a tab doesn't stay shown until you move away from it.

3. Most favicons (such as the one for Wilderssecurity.com) aren't showing up in the tab bar. Also, the one at Neogaf.com isn't in full color like it should be.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2014 07:35PM by Zero3K.

Date: March 09, 2014 06:54PM

---The print preview is still not fixed too, addressed as a known issue in K-meleon 74b2

Posted by: Leah
Date: March 09, 2014 08:35PM

The toolbars aren't really fixed, still missing that separation line with tab bar under the toolbars or at the bottom. I don't understand why the the toolbars had to be altered for fullscreen? it's quite an eye sore and it was working fine in the first beta which I still use because of that bug. Hope it can be fixed in the next version, thanks.

Date: March 09, 2014 08:44PM

A white line has been added under the toolbars, it's no fix at all. Why can't we have the good old K-Meleon interface.

Date: March 09, 2014 09:05PM

If there's a bug in fullscreen, I think the proper approach is to fix or workaround this bug in the fullscreen display which is probably used like 10% of most users' surfing time and not alter the main interface which is used almost all of the time.

Posted by: c-sanchez
Date: March 10, 2014 05:38AM

Translating some KM to Spanish, I have noticed that there are problems using Spanish characters themselves, as "á, é, í..." in "es.jar"
I notice with aboutHome.dtd of es.jar\kmeleon\
seems that the same applies on console2 although everything works well with passwordmgr.

Another thing, as I can change the (quite nice) home page of K-Meleon 74? I would like to add another(s) search bars as google, startpage, etc. or well change DuckDuckGo for other as (as expected) google.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 05:50AM by c-sanchez.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 10, 2014 04:35PM

c-sanchez
Translating some KM to Spanish, I have noticed that there are problems using Spanish characters themselves, as "á, é, í..." in "es.jar"
I notice with aboutHome.dtd of es.jar\kmeleon\
seems that the same applies on console2 although everything works well with passwordmgr.

Another thing, as I can change the (quite nice) home page of K-Meleon 74? I would like to add another(s) search bars as google, startpage, etc. or well change DuckDuckGo for other as (as expected) google.

The files are UTF-8 Encoding. Use an editors that can do it.
I used Pspad.

Omni.ja can be unpacked with the newest version of 7z.

I refer to the folders inside the chrome folder.

You can get most of the files translated from Firefox 24ESR Spanish.
From the folders in omni(ja)/chrome/locale/es/ and some from
/omni(ja)/chrome/locale.

./console2 has a Spanish version. Get it and add the K-Meleon specific strings.
Or use the Spanish locale that was with 1.5.4 as basis to get translated strings but i think it is easier with adding strings to the newest version.

./flashblock may also have a Spanish version.

./history history.tdt must AFAIK be translated.

./Kmeleon AFAIk two new tdt that must be translated.

./kmprefs You can get most of the strings from 1.54. Do a file compare. The devs only added a few lines in some of the files.

KMeleon.kml I think it is identical or almost identical as the one from 1.5.4.

Kmeleon.dll can be mostly repopulated with strings from kmeleon.dll of 1.5.4.
You use Resource Hacker from http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

The other dll can be reused from 1.5.4 as they are.
Exception: bookmarks.dll You have to add to 1.5.4 version the translation of one string with Resource hacker.

String Table item 1033 last line before closing

1023, "Add bookmark here"
}

Search: That is in ./browser/omni.ja/chrome/Kmeleon/content/kmeleon/abouthome/aboutHome.xhtml

IMHO. All should (if possible) use them same engines as default. So if Dorian choosed one for official the English and the French version I will chose the same for Deutsch. I do not know whether it must be done but I think it should be done.

But I try to do it like Google - 100 Ergebnisse

http://www.google.de/search?num=100&q= (German Google)

instead of Google.com 100 results

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q= smiling smiley

I have no Idea whether it can be done with duckduckGo?

Yes I also added things like: LEO Diccionario Español-Alemán and LEO Deutsch-Spanisches Wörterbuch

I just finished it some days ago. I took kko's German 1.5.4 search.xml as basis.

You can use desgas2 and Enaiz 1.5.4 Spanish search.xml as a starting point and to get country specific searches or maybe look into the search.xml updated for 1.6 by desga2.

IMHO. You best do change things With K-Meleon' own search engine editor.

Attention: PsPad breaks the file search.xml. Do not use it! I do not know which editor can be used.

Make sure that all default search engines are defined in Spanisch I10n.js.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 07:34PM by guenter.

Date: March 10, 2014 05:33PM

naruman

plugin (full work able/disable ,info ..).

Full work plugins on/off is good news.

naruman

I think the 'install.rdf' need to rewrite for km somehow.

Yes the supported version of Firefox or Seamonkes is written into an rdf of the extension. It is designed not to install into any version that is not listed.

I think there should not be a general over-ride for this feature? Else I fear some K-Meleon users will install anything and complain if it does not work.

But if it is wanted? There is an older extension of K-Meleon that was used to test whether an extension could work. Maybe use that an try to add that it mechanizes this and records a start kmm.

BTW. mtypes Extension is no longer supported by the maker and maintainers.

The start kmm must be changed if it is used.

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- mtypes Extension (MIME Type Editor) -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies : main.kmm (OpenURL)
# Resources : -
# Preferences : -
#
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtypes{
macroinfo=_("Change file type settings");
$OpenURL="chrome://kmprefs/content/pref.xul?filetypes"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;
#$OpenURL="chrome://kmprefs/content/pref-filetypes.xul"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;
#macros(kmPrefs(filetypes));
#$OpenURL="chrome://mtypes/content/pref/pref.xul"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;
}

# ----- PRIVATE

_mtypes_BuildMenu{
# edit menu
setmenu(Preferences,macro,"MIME T&ypes...",mtypes);
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_mtypes_BuildMenu;";

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."mtypes;";

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 07:25PM by guenter.

Date: March 10, 2014 07:23PM

Dorian
Download
French and german included.

K-Meleon74beta2\browser\omni.ja\chrome\kmeleon\content\kmprefs\

pref-appearance.xul lists:

<stringbundle id="lang_bundle" src="chrome://kmprefs/locale/languageNames.properties"/>
	<stringbundle id="regn_bundle" src="chrome://kmprefs/locale/regionNames.properties"/>

Both files were not included in both French and German translation.
The later is also missing in English locale.

Other translators should check for them too. Not much extra translation.
They can use the ones from Your national Firefox 24 esr!

The two files are used for K-Meleon's language and country content settings.

I also found an issue with my German bookmarks.dll.
I did not add a translated string.

I will submit fixed files by mail soon. I am not finished with pointing to national readme.html (I still try to figure out how), updating localited search.xml and I10n.js.

On Win XP SP3: The new installer has a little glitch.
When You set a K-Meleon.exe as the default browser with it.

Then it has almost the same annoying habit as the firefox installer.

If I start a K-Meleon.exe via ta German file manager called eXec it invariably does start the default K-Meleon.exe. You can only start the desired K-Meleon.exe when You create a link for it.

This is most annoying for people like me that have different installs.

And I hope and assume this is not a needed feature of Windows 7/8.

So I hope the old setdefault.exe and installer which was updated by naruman does not have the same problem. If it is free of this bug I would like to have it with the German version instead of the new one.

Currently I try to get KMPackager3.2 going so that I can create and test setups with the updated installer and setdefault.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 07:24PM by guenter.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 10, 2014 10:06PM

Hi, guenter

<stringbundle id="lang_bundle" src="chrome://kmprefs/locale/languageNames.properties"/>
<stringbundle id="regn_bundle" src="chrome://kmprefs/locale/regionNames.properties"/>

The two files are used for K-Meleon's language and country content settings

I can't figure where these files can be located ... in fr.jar ?
Please, give the complete path.

So I hope the old setdefault.exe and installer which was updated by naruman does not have the same problem. If it is free of this bug I would like to have it with the German version instead of the new one.

I'm about to have a look to setdefault, but I won't be able to test it ...

Currently I try to get KMPackager3.2 going so that I can create and test setups with the updated installer and setdefault.
What is this version. Mine is 0.33 ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 10, 2014 11:28PM

I have noticed that the error console will show an error in a dot kmm file, however clicking on the source for the error does not display the file.

This is what I see at the top of the panel which is supposed to show the file.
view-source:3\Profiles\scrmykc3.default\macros\snippet.kmm

I suspect that the "3" which appears between the colon and the first backslash is the problem. The actual source is:
Source file: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon 74 Beta 3\Profiles\scrmykc3.default\macros\snippet.kmm

Date: March 10, 2014 11:54PM

For those who might desire them, I have found a way to add some local documentation to KM 74. Previously the "resource" location kept changing and now is within the ja file. I have used the getfolder(ResFolder) from the macro language and now hope to have a stable location.

The 7z file is located here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/Local_Docs74.7z Just extract the contents to your KM 74 root folder.

This provides documentation on:

K-Meleon MacroLanguage
K-Meleon Command Line Options
K-Meleon Plugin Commands
K-Meleon Command IDs
K-Meleon Macro Guidelines
Desga's Quick Reference Guide

This is mostly based on KM 1.6 and 1.7 versions. I will try to update as soon as things settle down and the developers provide me with new data.

Date: March 11, 2014 09:43AM

JujuLand
Hi, guenter

The two files are used for K-Meleon's language and country content settings

I can't figure where these files can be located ... in fr.jar ?
Please, give the complete path.

I'm about to have a look to setdefault, but I won't be able to test it ...

What is this version. Mine is 0.33 ?

A+

1.) Sorry that was lazy and only gave the code location. sad smiley

Our locales Chromes aka fr-jar, de.jar... rebuild part of

./K-Meleon74.b3/browser/omni.ja

The human readable location in the jars and folders is

For English en-US K-Meleon74.b3/browser/omni.ja/chrome/en-US/locale/kmprefs/

For Your French that is: K-Meleon74.b3/locales/fr/fr.jar/kmprefs/

Red Name of the locales sub-folder. Blue name of the national.jar.

These can be double digit like in Chinese: ./locales/zh-CN/...

Pattern: de-DE, de-CH. So the de stand for the language while De or CH stands for the country.

2.) I think naruman's setdefault work with XP. I already tried some. I can possibly also test with Win7 64. It accepts the same locale strings as the previous versions.

3.) KMpackager3.2 and 3.3 are identical except that 3.3 can create UPXed pocket K-Meleon for USB. I do not need the extra feature so I use the simpler previous version currently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2014 09:51AM by guenter.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: March 11, 2014 02:31PM

The popup blocker is buggy in K-Meleon 74.0Beta3.

Becuase when the popup blocker is enabled popups crash the browser on certain websites.

An example is at AnimeFreak.tv when a popup launches the browser crashes.

When the popup blocker is disabled then a popup at Animefreak.tv does not crash the browser.

Posted by: outside
Date: March 11, 2014 03:06PM

Try use K-Meleon 74 Beta 3. Find more modifications. But the proxy setting can't be saved as in Beta 2. This bug is not in K-Meleon 74d. As it is the basic function in internet links or browsers, please fix it soon!

Posted by: Dorian
Date: March 11, 2014 06:16PM

JohnHell
Also you can't findasyoutype in source code windows.

It works, but same problem than scrolling.

JohnHell
I found that now it's not offered the inspection of the certificate or add an exception from the error message when you visit a page with an unknown/wrong certificate.

What was fixed is the continue button.

JohnHell
---One last thing I thought it was to be fixed, as I thought it was as beta too, is the history, you can't see the url where each entry points to; and if you don't use tabs, you can't open the entries in other ways than in the current window.

Will be fixed

naruman

This has to be expected. Can you enable one?
Maybe it would worth trying messing with one extension and change its compatibily settings to make it "compatible", just to see what happen.

Chanson Yu
@Dorian

Hi,here is the locale file of the Chinese Simplified.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,127137

Thank you. There are some missing text, but look like it works great.

Zero3K
I have some issues to add:
1. Its having difficulty loading multiple Twitch Streams in their own tabs when Hardware Acceleration is enabled. Disabling it keeps the Streams running at a smmooth framerate. You can disable it by going to about:config and setting acceleration.layers.disabled and gfx.direct2d.disabled to true.

Does it works with FF?

Zero3K
2. The tooltip that shows when hovering over a tab doesn't stay shown until you move away from it.

Er... ?

Zero3K
3. Most favicons (such as the one for Wilderssecurity.com) aren't showing up in the tab bar. Also, the one at Neogaf.com isn't in full color like it should be.

Neogaf.com WFM
Wilderssecurity.com, check browser.chrome.favicons (yeah, I'm anal about it)

JohnHell
---The print preview is still not fixed too, addressed as a known issue in K-meleon 74b2

Well no I didn't fix it, I forgot to mention it again. In fact, I've currently given up about it :s

Leah
The toolbars aren't really fixed, still missing that separation line with tab bar under the toolbars or at the bottom. I don't understand why the the toolbars had to be altered for fullscreen? it's quite an eye sore and it was working fine in the first beta which I still use because of that bug. Hope it can be fixed in the next version, thanks.

There are various reasons behind it. If you look at explorer, you'll see there is no border either.
The toolbars weren't altered, the border was around the content. If the tab bar is not fixed, there should be a border. Fixed tab bar support is not yet complete in this release.
At the last resort I'll add a pref.

Leah
A white line has been added under the toolbars, it's no fix at all. Why can't we have the good old K-Meleon interface.

Hmm, no that one is a bug :p

guenter

But I try to do it like Google - 100 Ergebnisse

http://www.google.de/search?num=100&q= (German Google)

instead of Google.com 100 results

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q= smiling smiley

I have no Idea whether it can be done with duckduckGo?

There is no need for that. Search engines detect the browser language usually.

guenter

If I start a K-Meleon.exe via ta German file manager called eXec it invariably does start the default K-Meleon.exe. You can only start the desired K-Meleon.exe when You create a link for it.

I don't see anything in what the installer is doing that could trigger that. Is that only a problem with this "eXec" software?

George Hall
The popup blocker is buggy in K-Meleon 74.0Beta3.

Becuase when the popup blocker is enabled popups crash the browser on certain websites.

Could you try without the login plugin?

Date: March 11, 2014 06:43PM

Dorian:

1. Yes, multiple Twitch streams are loadable with Hardware Acceleration enabled in Firefox 24.
2. What I mean is that the tooltip flickers when hovering over a tab when the page in that tab is being continuously refreshed.
3. Enabling that option in about:config worked (except its displaying the old favicon for WildersSecurity.com, not the new one which is a dog).

Date: March 11, 2014 08:22PM

Dorian

guenter

I don't see anything in what the installer is doing that could trigger that. Is that only a problem with this "eXec" software?

1.) Did not know that this has changed to the better. I still have to label it German in search.xml IMHO? kko also did it.

2.) I use this eXec file manager almost as long as K-Meleon. Only the Firefox installer gave me that described trouble until now.

But I will check with another file manager since Exec is abandon-ware.

Date: March 11, 2014 08:43PM

Dorian

Leah
End Quote

There are various reasons behind it. If you look at explorer, you'll see there is no border either.
The toolbars weren't altered, the border was around the content. If the tab bar is not fixed, there should be a border. Fixed tab bar support is not yet complete in this release.
At the last resort I'll add a pref.

The visual improvement of having a line to delineate the change from skin to content is significant. It makes no difference to me if the line comes at the bottom of the toolbars or the top of the content.

I am not sure to which "explorer" you referred, but I can see a line between the skin and the content on file explorer and internet explorer.

I hope this requested change is possible. Thanks for your work on the new KM 74.

Pages: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.