K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta 2
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: February 11, 2014 12:44PM

ok,thanks.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 11, 2014 04:47PM

Hi Dorian,

I have quickly finished the french translation of kml and dll, as it's very near from, or exactly the same translation as I did for 1.6.0b.

But I have a problem to translate the jar file.
I know how it works, it's not the problem, but loading the french Firefox version, doesn't give some jar file, and I don't know how and where to keep strings.

Do I must install, and keep string for Firefox execution, or do setup will create such jarfiles ?

Concerning the setup, do we use the previous one which works except for setting default brother ?
Naruman seems to have a solution, but I don't like using msi (it doesn't work under Linux)
I we take the one I know, I'm ready to update it. I just before see if my packager is always working, what I think.
It will be able to create en and other language packages.

Thanks
A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2014 04:48PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: February 11, 2014 08:15PM

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I'll try to answer.

The jar file is a mix between:
- firefox /omni.ja!/chrome/XX/locale/XX (so you must unzip omni.ja to get the localized files)
- and kmeleon /browser/omni.ja!/chrome/XX/locale

I'm still unsure on how I'll handle it for the localized installer.
But you can already test your translation. You just need to add in chrome.manifest:
manifest locales/xx/xx.manifest

Both omni.ja should be repacked with the translations for the localized installer, and I may script the repackaging ( depends if I'm lazy or not :\ )

If I'm not clear, you can email me smiling smiley

Now for the installer, I like how the firefox installer do a proper job, like creating an uninstall log file [rant] something that NSIS would do if it was a real installer maker [/rant]. And like I said, helper.exe can replace setdefault for file association [rant] something that could be done easily if NSIS was a real installer maker [/rant].

But If you're up to update the previous installer, this could be easier to use.
Firefox installer is already translated but in the properties format (see french version). So they need to be converted to .nsh

Here the sources of the FF installer for kmeleon

I'm open to any suggestions and help since I would prefer to fix the remaining bugs with the time I have.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: February 11, 2014 08:54PM

So, what about the bugs, etc. that I've mentioned in this thread?

Posted by: siria
Date: February 11, 2014 11:22PM

Dorian
JujuLand
I have just for now a request about skins.
Except with classic, the privacy bar doesn't have text.
I have this problem since 1.60b

Privacy toolbar use images because toolbars.cfg doesn't support image and text at the same time. It was different in 1.5? I don't remember.

No, that's not it, privacy button texts have always been "painted text" as long as I can remember.
Not sure about Linux, but on my Win98 it depends only on the bitmap type, not the used KM version. Most skins work, like Phoenity, in all KM versions, just not a few skins, like AuraAlpha, which don't work in any KM version on my machine.

When I open the problematic bitmaps in IrfanView, that can't show the text either - it's like black text on black background.
If I recall correctly from years ago, some of the toolbars and buttons from AuraAlpha did show up fine, although the working ones had slightly rough borders around the symbols. So my guess was those probably use "full" transparency only, while the privacy bitmaps who show up black in black are using various "shades" of transparency? Could be for better antialiasing of the text or such. And gradual transparency my system just can't seem to display. Perhaps Jujus Linux version neither, but don't know.

For affected users it would be possible to work around by modifying the transparency type with irfanview, if only they didn't happen to be painted black-on-black. Instead, black on dark-dark-dark gray should be possible to modify for users, in theory.

PS: The privbar in the 1.5 default skin Phoenity works fine too, not just Klassic (which has way too tiny text).
And if anyone needs more or smaller buttons, my classiria skin contains a slightly modified and extended version of the Phoenity privbar. Numbers and names all the same, only the button width needs to be adjusted in toolbars.cfg

PS2:
DORIAN - please consider switching on the privbar out-of-the-box! It's the only one toolbar that is hidden by default, although it's one of the unique great features of KM. For me THE killer feature, along with macrolanguage, why I absolutely refuse to use another browser at all.
Hiding something later is always easy, if someone doesn't like it, but getting newbie users to even switch it ON and have a look is often kinda hard. They just don't seem to get it what we're talking about, because they don't know it from other browsers, and "privacy" doesn't really give any idea what it's about.

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: February 11, 2014 11:24PM

I 'm a little behind on the current status for the localization effort. I remember I did an un-finished Simplified Chinese local a while ago (maybe around 1.0 time). How hard it is to convert it into the format for 74?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2014 11:24PM by Hao Jiang.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: February 12, 2014 12:55AM

why all the pages are quite small, and zooming is not working?

Posted by: George Hall
Date: February 12, 2014 04:07AM

I have a suggestion to fix peoblesm with skin toolbar configuration in K-Meleon 74Beta2.

1. Favorites and Hotlist should be enabled by default in kmeleon.js to fix configuraion problems.
2. Every toolbar visible in prefskins.js and skins.js under defaults to placement amd size of teh toolbars
3. Every toolbar should be visible in each skins,js under skins folder for each to fix problems with toolbar placement in each skins.
4. Change the default skin the kmeleon.js to fix each skin and delete the profile after you fix a skin.
5. Repeat Step 4 until you fix each skin.
5. You change the default skins back to orginal skin in kmeleon.js after all the fixes.
6. You change visibility back to nortmal values in prefskins, and each skin.js after all the fixes with the skins are done.

The values to that need to be are are the ones related to size and placement of toolbars in prefskin.js and each skins.js

With this method you should be able to fix problems with default skin.js, prefskins.js, and skins.js in each skin folder in K-Meleon 74 Beta2

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 12, 2014 06:57AM

Hao Jiang
I 'm a little behind on the current status for the localization effort. I remember I did an un-finished Simplified Chinese local a while ago (maybe around 1.0 time). How hard it is to convert it into the format for 74?

A K-Meleon 1.6.0 zh-CN locale translation was posted in the Forums November 16, 2011 by Chanson Yu:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,120143,120143#msg-120143

The download link seems to be still valid:

http://code.google.com/p/k-meleon-chs/downloads/detail?name=K-Meleon%201.6.0%20zh-CN%20locale%2020120418.7z&can=2&q=

It says last: Updated by 2012/04/18.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 07:00AM by guenter.

Date: February 12, 2014 07:46AM

siria
Dorian
JujuLand
I have just for now a request about skins.
Except with classic, the privacy bar doesn't have text.
I have this problem since 1.60b

Privacy toolbar use images because toolbars.cfg doesn't support image and text at the same time. It was different in 1.5? I don't remember.

No, that's not it, privacy button texts have always been "painted text" as long as I can remember.
Not sure about Linux, but on my Win98 it depends only on the bitmap type, not the used KM version. Most skins work, like Phoenity, in all KM versions, just not a few skins, like AuraAlpha, which don't work in any KM version on my machine.

AFAIK It is not a fault of the skin bitmap but true transparency is realized/made with a Windows function that is not present in Win98 and some Wine versions.
If really a Win98 version is done a skin with magic pink must be created. Actually the magic pink version used to exist but its hot bmps were done 1 pixel down instead of lighter colors. I think I could send You the half finished work.
I probably still have some of the prototypes.

It cannot IMHO not be done with Irfan View. sad smiley

You have to repaint the transparent pixels with magic pink with a picture editor.

JujuLand
Hi Dorian,

I have quickly finished the french translation of kml and dll, as it's very near from, or exactly the same translation as I did for 1.6.0b.

But I have a problem to translate the jar file.
I know how it works, it's not the problem, but loading the french Firefox version, doesn't give some jar file, and I don't know how and where to keep strings.

Do I must install, and keep string for Firefox execution, or do setup will create such jarfiles ?

Concerning the setup, do we use the previous one which works except for setting default brother ?
Naruman seems to have a solution, but I don't like using msi (it doesn't work under Linux)
I we take the one I know, I'm ready to update it. I just before see if my packager is always working, what I think.
It will be able to create en and other language packages.

Thanks
A+

I do not have a 1.6 de-DE translation to start and have some questions.

Are the strings in the K-Meleon native chrome the same as in 1.5.4?

The kml seems exactly the same. It repopulated completely from 1.5.4 kml using kko's script. Is this correct?. Or did I overlook something?

I did kmeleon.dll. Not many differences. 3 or so so different strings some not existing any more. Or did I overlook something?

I understand that I can use the kplugin dll from 1.5.4 de-DE.
Or did I overlook something?

omni.ja The same problem here. What tools and commands unpack/pack it?

Found a tool that can at least unpack: ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/win32/unz552dn.zip

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 09:27AM by guenter.

Date: February 12, 2014 09:06AM

guenter
AFAIK It is not a fault of the skin bitmap but true transparency is realized/made with a Windows function that is not present in Win98 and some Wine versions.

If you call it "true" transparency then this works fine on all systems. No prob! We do NOT need magic pink, every other color works just as well. What I've been trying to tell since years, but old legends are hard to get rid off.
The prob is only "gradual" transparency in % degrees other than zero or 100%. In old threads I had screenshots of AuraAlpha where it clearly showed that many buttons *are* shown transparent, allthough ALL buttons have a black background set to transparent. The transparent black only doesn't work in bitmaps defined with gradual transparency for (I suppose) better antialising of the text in them.

Posted by: naruman
Date: February 12, 2014 09:30AM

You did great work as always Dorian .

And of course you can count me in the Dev part.

Now I just finished add few things in the new kM include :

-fix jsbridge.js bug [ exceptions ] .

-Activate about:newtab , about:downloads & more...

-Activate Keyword autosearch.

-Add function to change toolbar orders .

- More..

instructions:

-After install Km , Delete browser folder & delete Profiles folder if there is one .

-Extract This file to km folder with write over old files .

Notes:

-Downloads list , it's remember only the files dedicated by browser not saved by km "save as ".

-More Options like "about:permissions" in "about:about"

There few useless files &pref Still remaining , but it will not effect on km for now .

----

Dorian

K-Meleon 74 Beta 2 has Bug in command (ID_FILE_SAVE_AS) , which disable "Save Page".

Jsbridge bug , was in calling the "nsIDOMWindow" , which need to be get throw Jsbridge itself.

Adding the library "browsercomps.dll" make km able to gain more function .

Keyword autosearch :

Need the pref [ browser.search.defaultenginename ] to set the xml file .

The xml webs store in prefs [browser.search.order.1,browser.search.order.2......].

for now all this prefs are set throw [chrome://browser-region/locale/region.properties]

place bookmarks :

It's look like it store its webs in "places.sqlite" somehow , we may use JsBridge to create menu list , or link it to old bookmarks Plugin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 09:36AM by naruman.

Date: February 12, 2014 09:58AM

Hi guenter & Siria

When opening privhot and privcold with Gimp, I see text.
I have edited it:
removed color to Transparency,
paste a color other than white (in fact the grey of the toolbars)
set again color to transparency
and saved

Now it's ok.
Can you test it with your own versions of windows ?
This modifications are ok for all Alpha skins (they use the same files)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxze15n95846gr7/AuraAlpha.zip

I noticed also that a few icons had bad transparency too, I think it's due to the same reason.
I think that the program which generated these pictures was a little buggy.
I'll try to apply the same treatment, and I'll test it.
If ok, I will have send it modified.

A+

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 11:03AM by JujuLand.

Date: February 12, 2014 12:46PM

JujuLand
Hi guenter & Siria

I have edited it:
removed color to Transparency,
paste a color other than white (in fact the grey of the toolbars)
set again color to transparency
and saved

Now it's ok.
Can you test it with your own versions of windows ?
This modifications are ok for all Alpha skins (they use the same files)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxze15n95846gr7/AuraAlpha.zip

I noticed also that a few icons had bad transparency too, I think it's due to the same reason.
I think that the program which generated these pictures was a little buggy.
I'll try to apply the same treatment, and I'll test it.
If ok, I will have send it modified.

A+

alain & siria. I know that a Windows NT function was used for transparency from the time I tried to compile K-Meleon.exe and kplugins. It supports AFIK partial transparency. Dorian wanted to achieve that we can use Firefox skin bitmaps almost out of the box.

I cannot test with Windows 98 or Wine.

alain's 2 test files give me no trouble under XP SP3.

privcold and privhot were done by disrupted with Gimp. :cool:
It is a buggy program - if You say so. tongue sticking out smiley

The pics do not have bad transparency - Your systems just do not support transparency the way NT systems do.:O

Most pics were ported from png to bmp by me. I used magic pink originally and they do not need transparency really. Only the reload button in the 16 pic/small skin can not be done like this in a really satisfactory way and the same is true for the same icon in Large. That is why disrupted created another simpler icon. But Dorian wanted the original. grinning smiley

It was expected that Win98 support would be dropped when K-Meleon moved to 1.6 because the Mozilla GRE did not support it. Then the Kernel-Ex project stepped in.

This Phorum is a pain in the... For the last 15 minutes I tried to upload a sample pic to the graphics section and post. All I get. And I also have this trouble with normal posts.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1620920011

Varnish cache server

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 01:15PM by guenter.

Date: February 12, 2014 01:34PM

Concerning omni.ja(r)

When trying to open it, I had an error:
Archive:  /opt/Program Files/K-Meleon174b2/locales/omni.jar
Zip file size: 7574729 bytes, number of entries: 1975
warning [/opt/Program Files/K-Meleon174b2/locales/omni.jar]:
7388359 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile  (attempting to process anyway)
error [/opt/Program Files/K-Meleon174b2/locales/omni.jar]:
  reported length of central directory is 
  -7388359 bytes too long (Atari STZip zipfile?  J.H.Holm ZIPSPLIT 1.1
  zipfile?).  Compensating...

When renaming .zip, I have this error :
7-Zip [64] 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18
p7zip Version 9.20 (locale=fr_FR.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU)

Error: /opt/Program Files/K-Meleon174b2/locales/omni.zip: Can not open file as archive

Errors: 1

Finally I success using unzip of InfoZip.
Search about infozip, there is a Windows version

A+

Date: February 12, 2014 01:52PM

guenter
privcold and privhot were done by disrupted with Gimp. :cool:
It is a buggy program - if You say so. tongue sticking tongue sticking out smiley
Probably the Windows Version ... tongue sticking out smiley

guenter
I cannot test with Windows 98 or Wine.
What ! You don't use Win98 anymore ?
And You haven't yet install Linux ?
:drool:

guenter
This Phorum is a pain in the... For the last 15 minutes I tried to upload a sample pic to the graphics section and post. All I get. And I also have this trouble with normal posts.
I never found that it works nicelly, and I prefer now to link to dropbox or such servers ...

A+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 01:52PM by JujuLand.

Date: February 12, 2014 04:22PM

Another bug I've been noticing is that the dialog box that pops up when trying to close the Bookmarks Editor after changing its contents has some weird text in it.

Date: February 12, 2014 04:48PM

@Zero3k,

I don't notice it.
When I have edited a bookmark in the box, when hitting ok or changing the current bookmark, it doesn't display weird text

Perhaps as I'm under wine, and the 'emulated' Windows is XP...
So it ought to be a problem with seven or eight.

A+

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 06:10PM by JujuLand.

Date: February 12, 2014 05:44PM

@Zero3K et MalaOkeh

I've found a crash related to the login plugin. Check if it still crash for you without it.

Date: February 12, 2014 05:51PM

Dorian
@Zero3K et MalaOkeh

I've found a crash related to the login plugin. Check if it still crash for you without it.

When did I mention it crashing?

Date: February 12, 2014 06:22PM

@ Dorian,

I have translated the dll and kml, it was not too much difficult.
I put it under K-Meleon/locales/fr-FR
Choosing fr-FR, does the trick, and K-Meleon nativ boxes are translated.
But kml is not used.

Is-it due to the fact that I haven't yet translated chromes ?
I found 2 omni.ja files one in K-Meleon root folder, the second in K-Meleon/browser

Which is the one to translate ?
I suppose the one in browser folder ?

A+

Date: February 12, 2014 06:29PM

dorian
Leah
The disappearance of the end line of toolbars that creates a distinctive line between the page content and interface is it like a bug or intended? if it's intended, I don't think it's visually appealing at all(at least to me). It looks as if the toolbars are cut out at the ends. Hope if it is a feature there will be a setting to restore the old toolbars.
What OS ? There was two lines before, but I had to remove one for fullscreen. It's fine for me with W7.

I have the same problem under wine.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ss90vdu8j5p6d/K-Meleon%20Start%20Page%20%28K-Meleon%201.74%20b2%29.png

A+

Date: February 12, 2014 06:54PM

I have a look to browser/omni.ja

The structure isn't surprising.
I suppose that the translation must be located in chrome.
We must probably copy the folder en-US to fr-FR (for me), and en-US.manifest to fr-FR.manifest
And then modify fr-FR.manifest and translate fr-FR/locale/*.dtd and properties
In chrome/kmeleon/content/console2 and flashblock, I found dtd files.
Are they to translate too?

What is the folder _console2 ? an old version to remove ?

After, we have then just to pack in zip format without compress, and rename it omni.ja

Is-it good ?

A+

Posted by: vincent powell
Date: February 12, 2014 07:58PM

skins\AuraAlpha(Large)\toolbars.cfg lines 25-31 are broken they read:
Stop{
ID_NAV_STOP
Stop loading this page
mainbarhot.bmp[2]
mainbarcold.bmp[2]
3[2]
}

They sould be changed to read:
Stop{
ID_NAV_STOP
Stop loading this page
mainbarhot.bmp[2]
mainbarcold.bmp[2]
mainbardead.bmp[2]
}

@George Hall please note that using a bit map twice (as both cold-image and dead-image) is sometimes better, because it allows the images to remain stable when you move them. My skins\AuraAlpha(Compact) &Main Bar begins:

Home{
%ifplugin macros
macros(Home)|Ho&me
Open Home Page. Right-click for more options.
%else
ID_NAV_HOME
Open Home Page
%endif
mainbarhot.bmp[4]
mainbarcold.bmp[4]
mainbarcold.bmp[4]
}

...........and ends:

Reload{
%ifplugin macros
ID_NAV_RELOAD|Reloa&ding
Reload this page. Right-click for more options.
%else
ID_NAV_RELOAD
Reload this page
%endif
mainbarhot.bmp[3]
mainbarcold.bmp[3]
mainbarcold.bmp[3]
}

Stop{
ID_NAV_STOP
Stop loading this page
mainbarhot.bmp[2]
mainbarcold.bmp[2]
mainbardead.bmp[2]
}

}

If I didn't have three image lines for each button it would end up borrowing images from the next button to the right.

Date: February 12, 2014 08:56PM

JujuLand
So Linux works better, but win98se still shows only black with Gimp22.

JujuLand
I have edited it: removed color to Transparency, paste a color other than white (in fact the grey of the toolbars), set again color to transparency and saved. Now it's ok. Can you test it with your own versions of windows?

Thanks for trying, the text is readable, but now there is no transparency any more. The gray background is opac.

I've made a new screenshot how the original AuraAlpha looks on win98, but feel this offtopic subject gets a bit long here, so posted it in this related old thread in the graphics department:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?10,100250

Date: February 12, 2014 08:57PM

@Zero3K

Sorry, you said "hang", I misunderstood.
About your question why I'm using gecko 24, that's because this version will be updated with all the security fixes for a while.

@jujuland
Yeah I forgot to remove _console2, the dtd outside locale don't have to be translated. You're right about omni.ja, except you have to do both. But for now I would like you to just make the jar file, like the one in the locale package, so I can make some tests and finalize the translation process.

Btw, I though there were no fr-FR firefox but only fr.

Date: February 12, 2014 09:46PM

@ Dorian

ok, when I'll finish the things under locale, I'll send it.

Have you an idea for the non-translation with kmeleon.kml ?

A+

Date: February 12, 2014 10:24PM

JujuLand
Choosing fr-FR, does the trick, and K-Meleon nativ boxes are translated.
But kml is not used.

Is-it due to the fact that I haven't yet translated chromes ?

There is too much off topic gibberish in this thread. You overlooked that I already posted that if You use the main.kmm from 1.6 beta it toogles to menues to German and other languages kml in their locales ok.

guenter
I found that using the main.kmm updated by desga2 on the 28.11.2010 will allow me to switch the language to German permanently. I did not find out why.

But I suggest we use all his 1.6 kmm and menus as basis for the current work. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel.

Before that I had complained in another thread that it does not find kmeleon.kml.

BTW desga2 menues.cfg fixes that right click does not work on some skins and situations.

As it is K-Meleon can not find the locale German readme.html yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 10:25PM by guenter.

Date: February 13, 2014 01:30AM

Each new vesions of K-Meleon that uses the line
<script type="application/x-javascript" src="chrome://kmprefs/content/kmprefs/DefaultBrowser.js"/>
to set the default browser in kmrefs in the pref-browsing.xul.

I will delete all the kmprefs files and use the kmprefs from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2

and use its method of setting the default browser.

Replacing "CurProcD" with "GreD" in the line
proc.init(getFile(getFolder("CurProcD"),"SetDefault.exe"));

which gives the line
proc.init(getFile(getFolder("GreD"),"SetDefault.exe"));
in pref-browsing.xul.

Which fixes SetDefault.exe display browser folder in setup without adding the function
var Kpath = path.path;
if (prefID == "CurProcD") {
Kpath = Kpath.replace(/\\browser/, '');
}
return ((path) ? Kpath : false);

in prefs.js, removing SetDefault Function in pref-browsing.xul, or using the DefaultBrowser.js file in pref-browsing.xul

Date: February 13, 2014 06:27AM

JujuLand
Concerning omni.ja(r)

When trying to open it, I had an error:
Archive:  /opt/Program Files/K-Meleon174b2/locales/omni.jar
Zip file size: 7574729 bytes, number of entries: 1975
warning [/opt/Program Files/K-Meleon174b2/locales/omni.jar]:
7388359 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile  (attempting to process anyway)
error [/opt/Program Files/K-Meleon174b2/locales/omni.jar]:
  reported length of central directory is 
  -7388359 bytes too long (Atari STZip zipfile?  J.H.Holm ZIPSPLIT 1.1
  zipfile?).  Compensating...

When renaming .zip, I have this error :
7-Zip [64] 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18
p7zip Version 9.20 (locale=fr_FR.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU)

Error: /opt/Program Files/K-Meleon174b2/locales/omni.zip: Can not open file as archive

Errors: 1

Finally I success using unzip of InfoZip.
Search about infozip, there is a Windows version

A+

7-zip 9.32 alpha can open omni.ja.

I tried 7-zip 9.32 alpha with the onmi.ja from firefox 27.0 and it opened the omni.ja in the "Mozilla Firefox" progrsm folder.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.