K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta
Posted by: George Hall
Date: January 26, 2014 02:39AM

naruman
Dorian

Great to see your new km release , with all new fixes [you forget to write it in this Topic :cool: ] & the powerful 'JSBridge' ( look like it comes with large cost in gecko& components) .

By the way Could you post something about the new 'JSBridge' ,and it's commands ,as i try to fix it in Preferences Panel, but did not work, even with import 'KMeleon.jsm' module.

It can be helpful for add new firefox 'addon '.

--

Anyway i made quick fixes for few chromes & other files for this release :

-Restore & fix console2 & Preferences [add color Panel].
-Restore km74d+1 Extensions & macros & skins .
-Temporary fix for link menu [until km.exe be fixed].

Notes:

to use color Panel [Preferences[f2]\page Display\fonts & colors\colors].

& unckack "Allow pages to use their own ..........".

--

And about the others 'issues' :

-For 'autosearch' i have new idea ,i will try it.

-For 'Set as default' i think we can use "firefox,SeaMonkey,palemoon ..." method , using chromes+'helper.exe', it work for all win versions , but it will need some work.

-For 'Installer' can be done , but it too early for it.

Your method of fixing SetDefault.exe is overly complicated.

You can fix it by changing just one line in pref-browsing.xul

Use GreD instead of CurrProcD in the function below

setDefault: function() {
var proc = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/util;1"]
.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIProcess);
proc.init(getFile(getFolder("GreD"),"SetDefault.exe"));
proc.run(true,[pref.getCharPref("general.useragent.locale")],1);
},

GreD looks for Runtime Engines Folder which is always the root folder of K_Meleon 74 where kmeleon.exe is located.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorian
Date: January 26, 2014 08:03AM

George Hall
The k-Meleon 74Beta Bookmark Plugin can not show the character é correctly when I copied a bookmarks.html created by K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 from its Profile Foder into the K-Meleon 74Beta Profile Folder.

You need to convert your old bookmark file to utf-8.
The old plugin was bugged, writting the charset is utf-8 but not using it.

naruman
By the way Could you post something about the new 'JSBridge' ,and it's commands ,as i try to fix it in Preferences Panel, but did not work, even with import 'KMeleon.jsm' module.

What doesn't work? The only new thing is the open function used by history.

naruman
-For 'Set as default' i think we can use "firefox,SeaMonkey,palemoon ..." method , using chromes+'helper.exe', it work for all win versions , but it will need some work.

I think I'm going to use firefox installer. NSIS is so, er ... Meh!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 08:03AM by Dorian.

Date: January 26, 2014 09:26AM

Dorian

In K-Meleon 74Beta, default preferences should be based on the KMeleon 1.6.0Beta2 default preferences.

Some of the K-Meleon 1.5.4's default preferences have bugs which were fixed in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2's default preferences.

The default profile files should be updated with the ones from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2
Becuasee thpse defualt profiles files were updated K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.

Even default Settings files accel.cfg and menus.cfg were updated in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2

The macrros were updated in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 yet K-Meleon 74Beta still uses the macros from K-Meleon 1.5.4.

The zoom macro should be replaced with the zoom macro that guenter created when he was Developing K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta3 as replacement for K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.

He added a Zoom Reset without any bugs in it. K-Meleon 1.6.0Bets2.6 Zoom Macro has bugs in its Zoom Reset.

THe file below containss the Zoom Macro with the Zoom Reset fixed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yalusva0qcltqjx/zoom%28.KM1.6b3%29.7z

Date: January 28, 2014 03:20AM

SetDefault.exe does not change the file extensions unless it unregisters the K-Meleon Browser.

Then when SetDefault.exe is launched, it is able to registers those files extensions. If that is not the first time SetDefault.exe was used.

We change should SetDefault.exe so when it launches it unregisters and then reregisters the file extensions in the K-Meleon Browser.

Then K-Meleon 74Beta does not have to worry about firefox or chrome preventing SetDefault.exe changing those extension becuase those files extensions are already registered to those Browsers.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 28, 2014 10:13AM

Would like to add a fake KM74/1.8 string to my useragents collection in 1.6
Anyone can tell what you get when going to e.g. whatsmyuseragent.com with it?

Date: January 28, 2014 02:58PM

I made test with K-Mleleon 1.6 to see if changing a line in pref-browsing.xul would allow SetDefault.exe to run with this change.

Changing the one line

proc.init(getFile(getFolder("CurProcD"),"SetDefault.exe"));

in pre-browsing.xul by replacing "CurProcD" with with "GreD" in the versions K-Meleon 1,5,4, 1.6.0Beta, 1.6.0Beta2, and 74Beta.

Allows SetDefault.exe to run with any of those browsers while any version of K-Meleon when click "Set as Default Browser" in the Browser Preferences.

So the line

would work with any version of K-Meleon including K-Meleon 74Beta to get SetDefault.exe run inside the browser.

Date: January 29, 2014 01:49PM

I uploaded all kmeleonskins files that were stored at http://dhost.info/kmeleonskins by guenter before that link went dead to the link below

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c9dlohywqhj932m/ubdWYkbGQ4

The link above contains the folder kmeleonskins.

It contains files that were meant tp be included in K-Meleone 1.6.0Beta3 which was not created.

It contains a some newer macros, console2.jar, kmprefs.jar among other files.

It appears that were some small fixes over K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.

Some of those files may help with improving K-Meleon 74Beta.
Such as the zoom macro that was updated so the Zoom Reset works correctly.

The Zoom Macro zoom reset in K-Mweleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 had some small bugs in it.

Date: January 29, 2014 02:10PM

George Hall
I uploaded all kmeleonskins files that were stored at http://dhost.info/kmeleonskins by guenter before that link went dead to the link below

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c9dlohywqhj932m/ubdWYkbGQ4

The link above contains the folder kmeleonskins.

It contains files that were meant tp be included in K-Meleone 1.6.0Beta3 which was not created.

It contains a some newer macros, console2.jar, kmprefs.jar among other files.

It appears that were some small fixes over K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.

Some of those files may help with improving K-Meleon 74Beta.
Such as the zoom macro that was updated so the Zoom Reset works correctly.

The Zoom Macro zoom reset in K-Mweleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 had some small bugs in it.

Also by adding certain files files you would have a working version of K-Meleon

The 1.9.1.20preVC8.7z contains the runtime engines for K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta without kmeleon.exe, loader.exe, and SetDefault.exe. You add those from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2 or K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6

The kplugins will also have to be from K-Meleon 1.6.0beta2 or K-Meleon 1.6.0beta2.6

flashblock is not included in the chrome files.

You can add that from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2, 1.6.0Beta2.6 or add the newer flashblock extensions included with K-Meleon 74d+1.

After all that is done you woukd have a working version of K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta3 to play with.

When I get bored I play with K-Mleleon 1.6.0beta3 which is able to run after I added certain files.

Somes it feels fun to have a working version of K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta3 which should not exist.

Because some people stopped working on it years ago.

I am using K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta3 right now to write this post on K-Meleon 74Beta.grinning smiley

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 31, 2014 12:16AM

naruman
Post of Jan. 26

Anyway i made quick fixes for few chromes & other files for this release :

-Restore & fix console2 & Preferences [add color Panel].
-Restore km74d+1 Extensions & macros & skins .
-Temporary fix for link menu [until km.exe be fixed].

All this worked well until I tried to access my e-mail account at myway.com. Last night it would not accept my login and tonight I cannot even get to the login screen. Some message about the form of the URL

http://www.myway.com/ Invalid Address

The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded.

The provided address is not in a recognized format. Please check the location bar for mistakes and try again.

The URL when using my beta 2.6 is as follows:
http://registration.myway.com/btprimary_login.jsp?regarea=email&return_url=http://my.myway.com/email_redir.jsp

It is not something that I am typing tonight. I am just clicking on the link at the top of the page.

Note: Console2 and "Open in new tab" are working great. Good work Naruman.

Posted by: Kevlar
Date: February 02, 2014 11:58AM

K-Meleon has always had its profile in its own subdirectory in the Program Files directory. Default behavior has changed. It is much more practical to play with various betas if each of them is a self-contained separate 'unit' within its own directory.
I've got about 6 different builds right now on this machine. It also makes KM effortlessly 'portable': you can just copy the files to a USB drive and run it anywhere.
Maybe I'm just lazy, but... Could this be the default behavior again without having to mess around with config files to make it so? Thanks a lot, guys!

Been using '74' as my only browser for the past few days, thrashing it and love it. It retains its tiny memory footprint and 'hands on' handling. Bravo!

Date: February 03, 2014 12:55PM

Kevlar
K-Meleon has always had its profile in its own subdirectory in the Program Files directory. Default behavior has changed. It is much more practical to play with various betas if each of them is a self-contained separate 'unit' within its own directory.
I've got about 6 different builds right now on this machine. It also makes KM effortlessly 'portable': you can just copy the files to a USB drive and run it anywhere.
Maybe I'm just lazy, but... Could this be the default behavior again without having to mess around with config files to make it so? Thanks a lot, guys!

Been using '74' as my only browser for the past few days, thrashing it and love it. It retains its tiny memory footprint and 'hands on' handling. Bravo!

The default behavior has not changed.

Windows 7 does not allows us to write profile data into the program folder unless
we do one of the four things below:

1. Run K-Meleon as an adminstrator
2. Run K-Meleon under Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatibility Mode
3. Change Security of K-Meleon Folder by enabling Full Controll to your User Name
4. Add Everyone to security settings of the K-Meleon Folder and enable full
control.

After those steps are done you need to make sure the blank profile.ini is located in the K-Meleon Program Folder.

Date: February 03, 2014 05:58PM

George Hall
3. Change Security of K-Meleon Folder by enabling Full Control to your User Name
Would it also work if not enabling the whole K-Meleon folder, but only the "Profiles" folder inside? And the skins folder probably.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: February 03, 2014 08:03PM

Keviar
K-Meleon has always had its profile in its own subdirectory in the Program Files directory.
No, I remember that opening a fresh install of K-Meleon creates the profile under the user folder.

K-Meleon creates the profile folder under K-Meleon's root folder if and only if there is a file named profile.ini in this folder. Remove it, and it will creates one under the user folder

To allow to have a few concurent versions of K-Meleon without melting them, install it in the folder named 'My programs'. I'm not sure about the name, but I think it was this name under Win 7, the last I used at work, and there is more than one year.
A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 08:08PM by JujuLand.

Date: February 03, 2014 08:34PM

siria
George Hall
3. Change Security of K-Meleon Folder by enabling Full Control to your User Name
Would it also work if not enabling the whole K-Meleon folder, but only the "Profiles" folder inside? And the skins folder probably.

No that would not work because kmeleon.exe can not create the profiles folder unless the whole K-Meleon Program Folder has write access enabled.

However, enabling write access to the Profiles folder would only work after Profiles Folder was created by you or kmeleon.exe.

Also, data is only read from skins folder so it woukld not need to enabled writa data there.

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 03, 2014 08:52PM

JujuLand
Keviar
K-Meleon has always had its profile in its own subdirectory in the Program Files directory.
No, I remember that opening a fresh install of K-Meleon creates the profile under the user folder.

No. IMHO profile in program folder was the default behavior until K-Meleon 0.9.

This was because people were using Win9x flavors.

When the NT based Windows systems arrived en mass this created a problem for many Win2000 XP users and a FAQ "loosing settings / no writing privileges -> grant them manually".

So this was changed for K-Meleon 1.0 but the old system was also improved so that it supported self contained profiles that pointed to no fixed place on HDD but used relative paths.

And this new system that was IMHO finished for K-Meleon 1.1 and was then used for portable builds.

@ alain, In case You still maintain the installer maker. Maybe You should pay tribute to modern times and change the installer text to "portable self contained install" or so for the legacy Win98 install option.

Only people that still use Win98 seem to understand what is offered by the old text. So every once in a while an ignorant NT user asks a FAQ.

@ Keviar, Not much configuration needed. Create an empty file profile.ini next to K-Meleon.exe and You get the old/now portable behavior. It is also the non default install option of the installer. People that are not working as admin run into trouble when they use this install option on NT systems like XP.

The old profile location is not the default behavior anymore because it causes a FAQ when the user is not working as admin & has not granted writing privileges on Win2000/XP/Vista/Win7+ systems.

p.s. The content of profiles folders is also portable and can be copied into another profiles folder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 09:04PM by guenter.

Date: February 04, 2014 02:04AM

When the new installer fro K-Meleon 74Beta is created it should enable kmeleon.exe to able store proflies in the K-Meleon Program Folder when "Use Multi User Profiles" is unchecked.

This can be done by enabling full controll in the security settings for kmeleon.exe or Enabling full control in the security sessing for the K-Meleon Program Folder.

Enabling the folder can be done adding everyone or your user name to the security settings with full control selected.

Date: February 04, 2014 09:30AM

The wording "Use Multi User Profiles" is completely confusing. I too, like lots of other users, would never have guessed it could mean "portable or not" - if profile folder lands inside programs folder or outside in appdata-folder, with all the entailing writing-right probs.

Date: February 04, 2014 03:40PM

siria
The wording "Use Multi User Profiles" is completely confusing. I too, like lots of other users, would never have guessed it could mean "portable or not" - if profile folder lands inside programs folder or outside in appdata-folder, with all the entailing writing-right probs.

It means each User can have multiple profiles under User Name in their Application Data Folder.

For expample, everyone can have their own default profile or have a profile with the same name for each User on ther computer when they logon to their Windows Account.

Mult User = Multiple Users on the same computer.

However, if the profiles are in the program folder of K-Meleon, Users can not have profiles with same name or they will have to use the same K-Meleon profile if they want to use the name of that profile.

A drawback of Mult User Profiles is each version of K-Meleon we are testing or using would have to the same profile for the user who is logged on to windows.

Which can mess up settings for each version of K-Meleon we are using or testing.

If Mult User Profiles are disabled each version of K-Meleon we are using or testing would have their own separate profiles in thier Program Folder.

Date: February 04, 2014 05:06PM

if were able to view Places in K-Meleon 74Beta we could import bookmarks, settings, and history data from browsers like chrome and safari.

Then K-Meleon 74bets would have a built in Bookmark import and export system.

Also, K-Meleon 74Beta would also have a built in hostory import and export system.

We would have to add the files the migration files and folders for it to work.
So we could import data from others browser and export data to other browsers.

We might be able to import passwords with it with some macros or some tweaks to import passwords into signons.sqlite if we can view Places with K-Meleon 74Beta.

Date: February 04, 2014 05:31PM

George Hall
if were able to view Places in K-Meleon 74Beta we could import bookmarks, settings, and history data from browsers like chrome and safari.

Then K-Meleon 74bets would have a built in Bookmark import and export system.

All browsers can export as html. This procedure always uses the old Netscape Mozilla bookmarks format. This still is the industry standard. No matter how they call it.
K-Meleon uses and supports that very same bookmarks format natively.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 06:17PM by guenter.

Date: February 04, 2014 06:20PM

The Places Bookmarks and History box in firefox has option import data from another browser such as google chrome and safari.

By adding certain files form firefox browser/omn.ja K-Meleon 74c+1 and 74d+1 is able to import certain data from certain browsers.

migration folder, files, and certain files jsloader allowed me to import certain data from chrome and safari browser.

Chrome was able to import cookie and bookmarks into the Places file which I could export those bookmarks into the K-Meleon Bookmarks file.

Safari i could import bookmarks and settings into the placves file

We could work on migration to allows us to import history from the chrome and firefox browsers.

Date: February 04, 2014 08:02PM

George Hall
It means each User can have multiple profiles under User Name in their Application Data Folder.

Yes I've learned that after awhile, but still it's not self-explanatory and rather misleading for clueless new users. They just read "multiple profiles for users", then many decide "no thanks I'm the only user on my computer and just need 1 single profile", and bang - he's unknowingly stuck with a portable version, thinks KM is crap because it keeps forgetting his settings, and the big majority of them then drops KM right away again.

Instead it would be easy to change the wording to something mentioning the folder location, decision for portable version and write-protected programs folder. Additionally it could offer more explanations first, if a user wishes, which could include tips about running various installations parallel at same time or something.
My guess is the old wording was a historical thing in ancient times and in the beginning meant "for computers with multiple user accounts", but that was in an era when portable programs were still standard, not the exception, when there was no write-protection anywhere, and users still had some basic computer knowledge. But today users are already called "advanced" if they know what a zip-file is! (Equivalent to a car driver being called advanced if he knows where to fill in the gas.) Many don't even seem to have a clue what a file explorer is, what's meant with a c: partition, how to give themselves writing rights in a folder etc. But all we need to do is update the wording to something clearer.

George Hall
A drawback of Mult User Profiles is each version of K-Meleon we are testing or using would have to the same profile for the user who is logged on to windows.

I guess it's still easy to use different profiles, even in appdata. But it must be done intentionally, for example by having KM ask at each startup which profile it shall use. Provided a user is aware of that of course.

But I suppose there are far more users out there who prefer to have their bookmarks etc. kept after udpating versions, than users who want to test various versions parallel. The testing people should be able to spend a bit more learning time anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 08:04PM by siria.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: February 06, 2014 08:12AM

Hi all,

guenter was right, default install was in the user folder instead of the program folder.

This choice was and is always the better, to avoid rights problems.

But, in the setup, page Components, there is a choice about multi-user, which is checked (=> multi-user), but there is also a little box which indicates the goal of this parameter (see hard-copy)

I think, that it must be the default choice, for basics users. The guys on this forum, and especially on these threads aren't basic users and ought to be able to change this feature using setup.

I know that the setup hasn't been created for 1.74, and they must do what I said:

Removing profile.ini in K-Meleon folder will create the profile folder under K-meleon root folder.

guenter, I read these threads time to time, and I haven't in the head where to take all the corrections to have the latest running version.
It would be nice to put a note which indicates what and where to download such things. I think it will be necessary to close this note to have just one post that you'll update to quickly find informations.

I then perhaps will be able to make a setup for 1.74x, but, as you know, I don't use anymore Windows and I'm not able to solve the 'default browser bug' for Seven and Eight.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2014 08:14AM by JujuLand.

Date: February 06, 2014 08:48PM

Existing profile.ini makes that the ./profiles are in program install folder, which makes the beast portable. Just in case anyone thinks differently.

I already read a fix for the windows xp sp3+ set default problem.

Yes. Someone should be given all working fixes off all working devs to publish centrally for users that lack time to follow each post.

Maybe You as maintainer of the setup maker machine? Up to the current devs.

p.s. greetings / also to wife from me & mine & are you already pensioned?

Date: February 07, 2014 05:10PM

In K-Meleon 74Beta+1 naruman's function below in pref.js under kmprefs to fix SetDefault.exe from using browser as the default location of where K-Meleon 74 is installed, It is designed to work for K-Meleon 74 only.

var Kpath=path.path;
if(prefID=="CurProcD"){

Kpath=Kpath.replace(/\\browser/,'');

}

return ((path) ? Kpath : false);

Since K-Meleon 1.1 the function in pref-browsing.xul under kmprefs below was used for SetDefault.exe

Changing one line in this fucntion would fix the problem with SetDefault.exe in K-Meleon 74.

Changing the line below

by replacing "CurProcD" with "GreD" would create the new line below

would make the function below woukd be the new function for SetDefault.exe

This changing the one line change in the function for SetDefault.exe would work for any version since K-Meleon 1,1 and not just for K-Meleon 74 like naruman's function.

Set default.exe and Installers for 74
Date: February 07, 2014 06:04PM

Thx George but I do not understand what You try to say. Let me explain.

SetDefault.exe is not up to date since XP SP3. It worked only till XP Sp2. Then

MS changed some registry keys. Since that it works on many but not on all systems.

So I do not understand why calling that very same SetDefault.exe with a different syntax or a different JavaScript function can improve the situation?

That is how it looks to me but I know almost no JavaScript.

alain tries to tell us that he can not anymore test fixes or changes in SetDefault.exe which he used to maintain. He simply has only a Linux PC now.

But he can still compile the installers.:cool:

alain & kko & maybe Dorian (?) created and improved the installer maker environment some years back.

I also still have the versions KMPackager3.2 & KMPackager3.3 installed and a I know a little to work with them. Click here click there... sort off.
They are fire and forget. :cool:

But I lack the knowledge to alter the KMPackagers in case we need that.sad smiley
And I never knew to alter the Setdefault process.

p.s. I thought naruman's fix made the running process default "browser" via a windows function. And I wanted to tell alain that he does not need to worry anymore about creating a new Setdefault.exe (each time MS changes something).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2014 06:28PM by guenter.

Re: Set default.exe and Installers for 74
Date: February 07, 2014 07:14PM

guenter
Thx George but I do not understand what You try to say. Let me explain.

SetDefault.exe is not up to date since XP SP3. It worked only till XP Sp2. Then

MS changed some registry keys. Since that it works on many but not on all systems.

So I do not understand why calling that very same SetDefault.exe with a different syntax or a different JavaScript function can improve the situation?

That is how it looks to me but I know almost no JavaScript.

alain tries to tell us that he can not anymore test fixes or changes in SetDefault.exe which he used to maintain. He simply has only a Linux PC now.

But he can still compile the installers.:cool:

alain & kko & maybe Dorian (?) created and improved the installer maker environment some years back.

I also still have the versions KMPackager3.2 & KMPackager3.3 installed and a I know a little to work with them. Click here click there... sort off.
They are fire and forget. :cool:

But I lack the knowledge to alter the KMPackagers in case we need that.sad smiley
And I never knew to alter the Setdefault process.

p.s. I thought naruman's fix made the running process default "browser" via a windows function. And I wanted to tell alain that he does not need to worry anymore about creating a new Setdefault.exe (each time MS changes something).

SetDefault.exe would run with K-Meleon 1.1 through K-Meleon 74 with that line change.

"GreD" is location of the "Graphical Runtime Engine Directory" and "CurrProD" is location of the "Current Process Directory".

"GreD" would always point to same location as kmeleon.exe

That line change in kmprefs would work for ther versions K-Meleon 1.1 through K-Meleon 74

SetDefault.exe would run Without adding some new compicated function get arround the problem of SeDefault.exe not running with K-Meleon 74

Also SerDefault.exe would always run in the same folder as kmeleon.exe and would never point to the browser folder.

Its just an update to kmorefs that works with any browser since K-Meleon 1.1
Becuase "GreD" would would always point to the same location as kmeleon.exe for K-Meleon Browsers 1.1.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x, and 74.x

Date: February 07, 2014 07:34PM

Also line

would work any application that relaces in SetDefault.exe by simply changing the name of the application in the line above.

The new application replaces SetDefault.exe should also work with K-Meleon 1.1.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.x, and 1.7.x with the same change to kmrefs.

Date: February 07, 2014 09:05PM

What a pity that the code of naruman cannot set the currently running process in the current process directory as Windows default browser for the relevant internet protocols. sad smiley

alain who kept SetDefault.exe up to date for many years will not install Windows just to update it. That is my humble opinion. So what is the use of the code that points to it?

& Thx for offering details about what the JavaScript functions stand for.

I had guessed it anyway. Since I had not been able to avoid to learn at least to read JavaSript code a little when I adapted mtypes (mimetypes editor), livehttpheaders ... code for the use with km.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2014 09:24PM by guenter.

Date: February 07, 2014 11:58PM

If alain can publish the source code of SetDefault.exe for other programers / develoers of the K-Meleon can continue its development.

Also, I prefer the SetDefault.exe method over the method that K-Meleon 1.8.0 Development Version uses for setting K-Meleon as the Default Browser.

The way that K-Meleon 1.8.0 sets K-Meleon as the default browser will not work with an Installer like SetDefault.exe does. It only works when you click "Set As Default Browser" in browser preferences.

Also, K-Meleon 1.8.0 Set as Default method does not create shortcuts or does not allow you to choose the default protcols or extensions for K-Meleon.

Both SerDefault.exe and Windows 7 "Set your default programs" allow you choose the default protocols and extensions you want for K-Meleon's Defaults.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.