Announcements :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-meleon announcements. 
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
K-Meleon 74 Beta
Posted by: Dorian
Date: January 16, 2014 12:31PM

After so much time, here a new beta release.
This one use gecko 24.2 ESR

Download

Know issues:
- Keyword autosearch don't work
- Print preview don't work
- Gestures plugin breaks scrollbar
- Flash crash in fullscreen
- InjectJS does not return value
- Context menu on link
- Accels working on contenteditable
- No html fullscreen support
- Crash after using a nick

TODO:
- Clean history (use adodupan version)
- Update preferences panel and search engines (or use search plugins)
- Set as default
- Installer

TODO maybe later:
- Support place bookmarks

The version number is not just to be trendy. It fools website which only check the version number for compatibilty.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 08:10AM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 74 Beta
Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 16, 2014 01:25PM

adodupan had made the setdefault replacement for old KM, working from new js-file inside kmprefs.jar (exe-file is not needed more).

This one - as I can suggest - works in KM74 too. My assemblies have it biult-in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 01:29PM by rodocop.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: January 16, 2014 02:57PM

rodocop
adodupan had made the setdefault replacement for old KM, working from new js-file inside kmprefs.jar (exe-file is not needed more).

This one - as I can suggest - works in KM74 too. My assemblies have it biult-in.

It mighht not wotk with ab installer when we create the final version kof K-Meleon 74

That could be a prpblem becuase SetDefault.exe can make K-Mleon 74 the default browser, create shorcuts, and register K-Meleon as a browser in the windows registry.

The changed file in kmprefs.jar may not be able to do all that.

The SetDefault.exe from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 works with K-Meleon 74Beta

SetDefault.exe only displays error message the first times it is used,

Also, "Set program access and defaults" displays K-Meleon 1.6.0 in Custom Configuration.

I tried SetDefault with Windows 7 64Bit and set K-Meleon 74Bets as the default browser created K-Meleon Folder with K-Meleon shorcuts in "All Programs."

SetDefault.exe also put a K-Meleon shortcut on tghe desktop and in "Quick Launch"

We only fix to installed correctly when SeytDefault is first ran and display K-Meleon 74 in Custom Configuration instead of K-Meleon 1.6.0

George Hall
The SetDefault.exe from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 works with K-Meleon 74Beta

SetDefault.exe only displays error message the first times it is used,

Also, "Set program access and defaults" displays K-Meleon 1.6.0 in Custom Configuration.

I tried SetDefault with Windows 7 64Bit and set K-Meleon 74Bets as the default browser created K-Meleon Folder with K-Meleon shorcuts in "All Programs."

SetDefault.exe also put a K-Meleon shortcut on tghe desktop and in "Quick Launch"

We only fix to installed correctly when SeytDefault is first ran and display K-Meleon 74 in Custom Configuration instead of K-Meleon 1.6.0

K-Meleon is the only browser that displays a version number under custom defaults Chromium, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Seamonkey.

If SetDefault.exe put K-Meleon 74Beta wihtout a version number under custom defaults that would solve one of the problems when setting K-Meleon 74 as the default browser.

SetDefault.exe does not work from inside the K-Meleon 74Beta.

However, SetDefault.exe does work if it is used separately from outside the K-Meleon 74Beta Browser.

When K-Meleon 74Beta is first launched about:home displays Settings, History, and Open last session at the bottom right hand corner of the web page.

I rather changes settings from a menu instead of a web page.

George Hall
When K-Meleon 74Beta is first launched about:home displays Settings, History, and Open last session at the bottom right hand corner of the web page.

I rather changes settings from a menu instead of a web page.

Firefox does not display the menu bar after it is first installed which K-Meleon still did until K-Meleon 74Beta.

One of things I like about K-Meleon previous versions of K-Meleon that it displays the menu bar the first time that it used.

Also Chrome does not display a menu bar when it is launched which I do not prefer in a Web Browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 11:51AM by Dorian.

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: January 16, 2014 05:36PM

rodocop

A while ago, disrupted had made kmdefaulter2 (for newer km?)
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,91993
Folks could try and check if this still works.

soccerfan

Date: January 16, 2014 06:45PM

soccerfan
rodocop

Extension that require tools usually have to run the whole time that the K-Meleon Browser is running.

kmdefaulter2 may increase the memory overhead becuase it may run continously,

SetDefault does run continously so it does not increase the memory overhead.

Date: January 16, 2014 06:51PM

George Hall
soccerfan
rodocop

Extension that require tools usually have to run the whole time that the K-Meleon Browser is running.

kmdefaulter2 may increase the memory overhead becuase it may run continously,

SetDefault does run continously so it does not increase the memory overhead.

kmdefaulter2 does not work with K-Meleon 74Beta.

Date: January 16, 2014 07:00PM

The Macros Menu in preferences is missing in K-Meleon 74Beta.

This bug was fixed in a prevous version of K-Meleon 74, now has returned in K-Meleon 74Beta.

Date: January 16, 2014 07:46PM

The problem with setting K-Meleon 74Beta as Default Browser which Browser Peferences lies in the pref-browsing.xul with the function

},
setDefault: function() {
var proc = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/util;1"]
.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIProcess);
proc.init(getFile(getFolder("CurProcD"),"SetDefault.exe"));
proc.run(true,[pref.getCharPref("general.useragent.locale")],1);
},

The function may work with K-Meleon 1.6.0 Because kmprefs.jar may look for SetDefault.exe in the folder above the folder the chrome folder.

Posted by: supportet
Date: January 16, 2014 08:00PM

Thank you for all you've done! I really aprreciate it. Good luck!

Date: January 16, 2014 08:00PM

I tried put SetDefault.exe in browser folder in K-Meleon 74Beta

Then SetDefault.exe worked when I clicked "Set as Default Browser" in Browser preferences.

The addition of Browser folder or the location of kmprefs in omni,ja seems to changed the location needed for SetDefault.exe for to work.

Date: January 16, 2014 08:10PM

George Hall
I tried put SetDefault.exe in browser folder in K-Meleon 74Beta

Then SetDefault.exe worked when I clicked "Set as Default Browser" in Browser preferences.

The addition of Browser folder or the location of kmprefs in omni,ja seems to changed the location needed for SetDefault.exe for to work.

When SetDefault.exe runs it assumes the install location is the browser folder.

I just removed "\browser\" from the install location.

Then I checked "Set your default programs" however it did not change the deafult browser settings from inside K-Meleon 74Beta

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 16, 2014 10:42PM

I am looking for the correct location in the beta code to put a folder named localdocs. I have generally be able to find a place in other versions, but I am having trouble this time. There are several calls to this folder in my macro. Below is the code for one of them.
_localdocs_KMmacrolanguage {
macroinfo=_("View information on the K-Meleon MacroLanguage");
$OpenURL="resource:///defaults//localdocs//macrolanguage.htm";
&OpenURL_InNew;
}

Any information on the right place to put the localdocs folder or how to change the $OpenURL= statement will be appreciated.

Date: January 17, 2014 12:16AM

If Kmprefs.jar was in the browser folder then SetDefault.exe would run correctly in K-Meleon 74Beta.

Becuase kmprefs looks for SetDefault.exe from folder above the chrome folder.

CurProcD is the Current Process Directory which is the K-Meleon root folder.

The new location of kmprefs prevents SetDefault.exe from running in the Browser Preferences.

Date: January 17, 2014 12:36AM

George Hall
If Kmprefs.jar was in the browser folder then SetDefault.exe would run correctly in K-Meleon 74Beta.

Becuase kmprefs looks for SetDefault.exe from folder above the chrome folder.

CurProcD is the Current Process Directory which is the K-Meleon root folder.

The new location of kmprefs prevents SetDefault.exe from running in the Browser Preferences.

K-Meleon 1.5.4, kmprefs has it own separate folder under emned.jar\kmprefs

So omni.ja\kmprefs for everythng about kmprefs would also solve the SetDefault.exe problem in setting the Default Browser in Browser Preferences,

Date: January 17, 2014 03:12AM

Having kmprefs.jar and SetDefault.exe in the K-Meleon 74Beta browser folder solves two problems.

1. SetDefault.exe runs from the Browser Preferences.
2. kmprefs.jar in the browser folder allows SetDefault.exe to set the default
extensions to the "K-Meleon Web Browser from the Browser Preferences.

Also you you need remove the word browser from the "Install location" to set K-Meleon 74Beta when setting default browser from the Browser Preferences.

However, SetDefault.exe does not set K-Meleon 74Beta as the Default Browser for the protocols for FTP, HTTP, aand HTTPS

Date: January 17, 2014 03:20AM

George Hall
Having kmprefs.jar and SetDefault.exe in the K-Meleon 74Beta browser folder solves two problems.

1. SetDefault.exe runs from the Browser Preferences.
2. kmprefs.jar in the browser folder allows SetDefault.exe to set the default
extensions to the "K-Meleon Web Browser from the Browser Preferences.

Also you you need remove the word browser from the "Install location" to set K-Meleon 74Beta when setting default browser from the Browser Preferences.

However, SetDefault.exe does not set K-Meleon 74Beta as the Default Browser for the protocols for FTP, HTTP, aand HTTPS

Extracted all the files omni.ja before this fix.
Then I added kmprefs files from K-Meleon 74Beta into kmprefs.jar.
Finaly, I added kmprefs.manufest to chrome.manifest

Date: January 17, 2014 05:31AM

After several experiments with SetDefault.exe, I found that adding SetDefault.exe to the browser folder with browser\omni,ja allows SetDefault.exe to run in the Browser Preferneces to to set the default extnesions to work with the "K-Meleon Web Browser:

Set SeeDefaukt.exe displays the "Install location" just remove the word browser from it set the root folder of K-Meleon 74Default as the "Install location,"

Date: January 17, 2014 11:53AM

Please, don't multipost and use the edit button. Thanks!

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 17, 2014 01:58PM

He is not logged in so he cannot edit. John please log in - if You can.

@ Dorian: Translation question. Do we have layers again or still tabs?

You wrote layers.

Can I still translate as Tab?

If so? I am almost through the KMeleon.kml

Date: January 17, 2014 07:57PM

I have a question too: is it supposed final release to have all chrome jars inside omni.ja (like in beta) or in traditional KM folder structure (like in 74b-d builds)?

What would the final architecture look like?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 07:57PM by rodocop.

Date: January 17, 2014 11:41PM

In Firefox the spplication folder is the browser folder instead of the firefox.exe driectory.

I found this by reading a bug poating which is not a bug Here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=840555

Thats why CurProcD does not launch SetDefault.exe when click "Set as Default Browser" in the Browser Preferences.

The following function does not work in K-Keleon 74beta because browser folder is the application folder.

},
},

This function is located in kmprefs contents in the file pref-browsing.xul

This function needs to chnaged or we could keep SetDefault.exe in the browser folder in K-Meleon 74Beta.

Date: January 18, 2014 12:16AM

rodocop
I have a question too: is it supposed final release to have all chrome jars inside omni.ja (like in beta) or in traditional KM folder structure (like in 74b-d builds)?

The omni.ja(r) are to accelerate start up. Sensible to use. I am regurgitating
info from Mozilla.org. About two or more years old - so do not ask me for links.

Date: January 18, 2014 05:13AM

George Hall
In Firefox the spplication folder is the browser folder instead of the firefox.exe driectory.

I found this by reading a bug poating which is not a bug Here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=840555

Thats why CurProcD does not launch SetDefault.exe when click "Set as Default Browser" in the Browser Preferences.

The following function does not work in K-Keleon 74beta because browser folder is the application folder.

},
},

This function is located in kmprefs contents in the file pref-browsing.xul

This function needs to chnaged or we could keep SetDefault.exe in the browser folder in K-Meleon 74Beta.

I fooud a fix for at pref-browsing.xul at
https://github.com/mozilla/nightlytt/pull/116

When you replace CurProcD with GreD, SetDefault.exe will work in the K-Meleon 74Beta Install folder when you click "Set as Default Browser" in Browser Preferences.

GreD is the folder where the Gaphical Rumtime Enginge file which is kmeleon.exe for K-Meleon 74Beta

The runtime engine file frefox.exe fro Mozilla Firrefox and the runtime engine file xulrunner.exe for XUL Runner.

This completely solves the problem of launching SetDefault.exe inside K-Meleon 64Beta Browser.

Date: January 18, 2014 06:29AM

guenter
info from Mozilla.org. About two or more years old - so do not ask me for links.
I understand this. But the 'open' folder structure allows easier extensibility for KM by its own addons - 'unpack and use'.

Would this possibility be available in new KM (may be in Profile folder)?

Date: January 18, 2014 07:47AM

rodocop
guenter
I understand this. But the 'open' folder structure allows easier extensibility for KM by its own addons - 'unpack and use'.

Would this possibility be available in new KM (may be in Profile folder)?

To use the "open" folder you jusy have to extract the k-Meleon 74Beta omni.ja in browser folder.

Then delete K-Meleon 74Beta omni.ja from broweer folder to run K-Meleon 74Bets with the "open" folder structure.

Date: January 18, 2014 08:11AM

Firefox extensions are also not in omni.jar. That You have common items there does not mean that everything must be there.

@ Dorian:

Localization does not work in this beta version. The browser cannot find the kml.
Nor does it offer to change the language in chrome.

Rebar plugin does not seem to work. No right click on the right side of this menu item or command possible ID_PREFERENCES|Compact Menu (the commands of the Browser Con&figuration button). Instead of Preferences the "Edit" menu item opens.

Search cannot be configured. I checked with a vallid search.xml. The version can however handle changed search engines configuration to search when it gets the values from another versions profile. So it is a chrome problem.

The version 1.8.0 / 11 put together on the basis of Your first work on the new Firefox/Xulrunner engine 25 already had fixed the chrome problems with search and can offer to change language when locale folder is present. But it looses knowledge of the location of the kml when it is shut down and restarted.

So naruman and adodupan know to fix this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 08:44AM by guenter.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: January 18, 2014 08:26AM

I prefer adodupan's build over this one since having no URL Bar Title actually gets rid of the text/space before the resize bar and there's no other buttons next to the URL Bar in its default configuration. Btw, when I tested the beta in this thread, it crashed after opening a couple of folders via their assigned nicknames. You can find out more info about the bugs which existed in his build and probably in this one by reading my posts in the thread located at http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,126210.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 08:28AM by Zero3K.

Date: January 18, 2014 09:56AM

guenter

You wrote layers.

Sorry, I think I used the wrong file. I'm not used to that locale settings

guenter
Localization does not work in this beta version. The browser cannot find the kml.

Can you send me your locale?

rodocop

This is just more convenient for me. It's easier for me to script omni.ja than to make jar files.

Zero3K
Btw, when I tested the beta in this thread, it crashed after opening a couple of folders via their assigned nicknames.

Should be fixed in this one.

Date: January 18, 2014 11:44AM

Dorian
guenter

You wrote layers.

Sorry, I think I used the wrong file. I'm not used to that locale settings

That is good. I prefer to keep the menus that we had in 1.5.4.

This means that localizers do not have to translate the file again. :cool:

Is there any chance that we can reuse the other files that were in locales folder such as k-meleon.dll, bookmarks.dll, favorites.dll...?

That would give the update project a good start with many translations finished except for the chrome/locale files.

The Chrome files already have changed a little when K-Meleon moved to 1.6 beta and 1.7 alpha. sad smiley

Dorian

guenter

Yes. I (stern.daler) sent it at this moment to a dorian at kmeleonbrowser.grinning smiley

I have all 1.5.4 locale installed where I understand the European language a little. That makes forum support easier. Some people come here and understand little English.

I also have the 1.5.3 pt-BR locales folder.

A Chinese (1.6!) and a Japanese version (1.5.4) must also be somewhere in the Forum as links.

I will not send chrome folders etc. because they are not compatible with another version or language. Full older locale packages can be found here: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/Localization
or if You download a finished locale package from http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/download.php

I will also send kko's update_kmeleon.kml.wsf which can be used to repopulate kml with the already translated strings of past kml versions. Click on the wsf and it will inform You how to use.

You can test a locales folder in working properly by dropping it into K-Meleon 1.6. But You can also test with any 1.5.4 or 1.7.

Do unzip here and copy the folder ./locales/de-De/ etc. next to K-Meleon.exe.

Start browser.

Then goto F2 GUI Appearance and set it to e.g. French. When You close the en-US Preferences chrome Window the K-Meleon native kml menues are already in French.

It surprises me always how You managed to do that. smiling smiley

The feature is much help for foreign support!

It is completely broken in the 74ies and partially broken in the 1.8 / 11 test version.

p.s. I sometimes think the strings from the K-Meleon.dll, history.dll etc. should also be moved into a kml. And maybe those from K-Meleon Chrome also. The now obsolete Orca browser by Avant project did something like that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 02:21PM by guenter.

Date: January 18, 2014 04:19PM

guenter
Is there any chance that we can reuse the other files that were in locales folder such as k-meleon.dll, bookmarks.dll, favorites.dll...?

Yes except for kmeleon.dll, that's why I made a new one.

guenter
That would give the update project a good start with many translations finished except for the chrome/locale files.

For the main omni.ja, you can just use the ff one from:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all.html

guenter
Dorian

Yes. I (stern.daler) sent it at this moment to a dorian at kmeleonbrowser.grinning smiley

Looks like I did not receive it :-\

Then goto F2 GUI Appearance and set it to e.g. French. When You close the en-US Preferences chrome Window the K-Meleon native kml menues are already in French.

It surprises me always how You managed to do that. smiling smiley

Me too :p

p.s. I sometimes think the strings from the K-Meleon.dll, history.dll etc. should also be moved into a kml. And maybe those from K-Meleon Chrome also. The now obsolete Orca browser by Avant project did something like that.

You can't do that because of dialog box. It's not like html, sizes are fixed so you may need to resize them to fit your language

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 04:20PM by Dorian.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.