translation macro
Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 10, 2009 05:28PM

using google translate for selected text needs to be updated as the used string no longer works from language to to language and will always revert to spanish>english. google string has been changed and there are also many other languages that have been added and not included in the macro.

the translate website through google works normally but should also be updated to include new added languages.

yahoo babelfish strings also require updating.

Re: translation macro
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 10, 2009 08:58PM

Google translations works fine to me in KM 1.5.3 (selection text).
Can you be more concret and explain with an website example your problem?

Yahoo babelfish also work fine to me and after checked babelfish web code none language pair new have been added:

zh:en,zt;
zt:en,zh;
en:zh,zt,nl,fr,de,el,it,ja,ko,pt,ru,es;
nl:en,fr;
fr:en,de,el,it,pt,nl,es;
de:en,fr;
el:en,fr;
it:en,fr;
ja:en;
ko:en;
pt:en,fr;
ru:en;
es:en,fr;

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2009 09:15PM by desga2.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 10, 2009 09:58PM

yeah it's working sorry but i wasn't paying much attention to the translations, actually selecting english text and translating it as non-english..must have confused google but what confused me is the drop-down box in google where you select to and from languages, always displays spanish and english..i think before it used to display the proper languages being selected..it's no big deal and it's a googl bug you can't do anything about it.. i tried different strings to make google display the proper from and to languages in the dropdown box butalways displays spanish and english

e.g pt to en paginas but displays es to en instead(even though the translation is correct pt to en
http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=pt|en&text=p%C3%A1ginas#

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=pt|en&text=p%C3%A1ginas#pt|en|p%C3%A1ginas
(i think they have deliberately made it that way..because spanish>english most requested translations or popular?

sorry about babel..i thought dutch was missing from the menu

Date: November 11, 2009 08:44AM

langpair=pt|en
Is not the language pair showed in selected box in new Google url. Language pair showed is that you have from some previous translation, because Google save this lang pair in a cookie. Next time you load the Translator web page the lang pair showed in selection boxes is the last langpair used.

#pt|en|
In new Google url string "langpair" element (old) is read only if "#pt|en|" element (new) is not indicated in the url.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2009 08:50AM by desga2.

Date: November 14, 2009 04:23PM
K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.